Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,742 members, 7,802,265 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. (2408 Views)

Commissioner Of Police Tunde Sobulor Dies In American Hospital / Three Trekkers For Atiku Stranded In Yola / Thousands Stranded In Abuja By Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by denex: 5:59am On Aug 12, 2007
More than 2,000 passengers are Stranded in Los Angeles Airport (LAX) so far, for more than five hours, passengers have been confined to the tarmac, in planes and in confined spaces.

Other planes supposed to Arrive at the Los Angeles Airport are being diverted or transited to other Airports.

Passengers and Airliners are frustrated and officials are unavailable for explanations on the magnitude, causes and danger posed by this computer black-out, neither are they available for information on when the travails will be over.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by presido1: 10:54am On Aug 12, 2007
The rich also cry. Was is cox of corruption or what.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by denex: 1:31pm On Aug 12, 2007
The cause has still not been detected and currently about 6,000 people are now stranded at the airport with no respite! This is not Lagos Airport O! The LAX is Los Angeles airport. So make we dey see dey go.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by simplyme3(f): 1:33pm On Aug 12, 2007
it can happen anywhere.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by denex: 3:12pm On Aug 12, 2007
Well, at least it's not happening everywhere. It's happening only somewhere.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by PTH(m): 3:41pm On Aug 12, 2007
at least in US airports there are computers everywhere giving u accurate information. A computer crash can happen anywhere, it is only news when it happens in the US.
How many computers do they have at MMA and does NEPA allow the few there to work at all?
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by denex: 4:00pm On Aug 12, 2007
@PTH

when you dey travel, na chalk and blackboard abi slate dem use process your ticket and other details?
You too much O! Abi dem just memorize your information.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by PTH(m): 4:22pm On Aug 12, 2007
lol denex, apparently u've never been to a foreign airport before. There are usually hundreds of giant computers showing the flight itinerary for the day. that's where u go look up ur flight details rather than bothering the help desk.

There's NOTHING like that at MMA.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by simplyme3(f): 4:27pm On Aug 12, 2007
@PTH

I pity you - i am sure you are not Nigerian - and if you're - i just pity u.

The last time I flew through MMA - there are giant screens showing flight details -

Na bastard dey take left hand point to him papa house.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by PTH(m): 4:35pm On Aug 12, 2007
@ simply me, u'd help urself a great deal by directing ur misplaced pity to urself. trust me when i tell u i dont need it.

good to know we now have giant screens if indeed we have.

dont worry dear, i know my father's house, i dont need u to tell me with what hand to point to it. busy urself with ur own issues.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by simplyme3(f): 4:37pm On Aug 12, 2007
then stop saying what u dont know - it is called stupidity - saying things u dont know - it makews u stupid - makes u talk out of point and makes u a stupid person.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by PTH(m): 4:41pm On Aug 12, 2007
no ma'am, it doesnt make me look stupid:

1  we learn everyday, that is why there is always room to correct misrepresentation. If you bothered to ruminate well before tying ur pants in a knot u shld have realised i was a bit skeptical.
2 i very much doubt that MMA has the facilites that denex loves to mock about the US.
3 u said stupid so many times i get the impression u're not a very happy person with emotional problems
4 what can i say about a police dog, i mean how much more stupid can we get.
5 learn how not to just rush into threads foaming in the mouth.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by simplyme3(f): 4:43pm On Aug 12, 2007
makes u more stupid than I thought-

take a trip to MMA or i'll post u some pictures. A Nigerian claiming an American citizenship is nothing but a stupid person.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by BABEELOVE(f): 4:45pm On Aug 12, 2007
At least there is consolation that the planes in LAX did not land on runway COWS,  or the planes did not lose their wings and tires from dodging port holes larger than coal mines all over Nigerian international airports as reported in Nigerian Newspapers!!!

Haba! PTH--This is your 3rd strike today alone with the ladies. Any salvation for you How is it possible that you are attacked for your aggression all over Nairaland. Please try and make some friends. I want to be your friend just to help you out!!! grin
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by PTH(m): 4:47pm On Aug 12, 2007
simply_me:

makes u more stupid than I thought-

take a trip to MMA or i'll post u some pictures. A Nigerian claiming an American citizenship is nothing but a stupid person.

not really, i thought u'd be smart enough to know that such a one is called a dual citizen since Nigeria accepts dual citizenship. It will even be interesting to note that many of your politicians e.g. Dr. Mbadinuju holds a US passport.

Besides isnt it funny that NO WHERE on this thread did i ever claim american citizenship. hmmm talk of someone who just said that saying things u dont know makes one look stupid.

really there are people whom i'd care more what they "thought", you dont fall into that category dear.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by simplyme3(f): 4:47pm On Aug 12, 2007
some people are more stupid than goats.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by simplyme3(f): 4:48pm On Aug 12, 2007
i didnt say you're an American citizen - just makes u more stupid -

So Mbadinuju will come on a forum and diss his country abi - then that makes him stupid - but I am sure he wont - like the so called dual citizenship goons.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by PTH(m): 4:49pm On Aug 12, 2007
simply_me:

some people are more stupid than goats.

very true, at least its better to be as stupid as a goat than be a police dog, dont you think?  wink
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by simplyme3(f): 4:49pm On Aug 12, 2007
your choice.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by denex: 4:52pm On Aug 12, 2007
@PTH

no be that kain computer crash O! Na computer wey dey store information and details of flights and passengers. By the way, all those things wey you dey see for wall no be computer O! Na flat screen displays. Abeg make this boy no go fall the whole Nigeria hand for abroad.

And that na to show say no be airport you pass go this Yankee. If not, you for see say those displays dey Naija airport too.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by PTH(m): 4:53pm On Aug 12, 2007
simply_me:

i didnt say you're an American citizen - just makes u more stupid -

So Mbadinuju will come on a forum and diss his country abi - then that makes him stupid - but I am sure he wont - like the so called dual citizenship goons.

1. dissing isnt a word i'd expect from an adult but oh well what do i expect from a police dog anyway.

2. Mbadinuju will not come on a forum to "diss" his country but he could sit in and rob his state treasury blind. I wonder which is worse.

3. Seems you have a problem with dual citizens, especially those with US passports. Been denied entry to the US?

4. If speaking the truth about the inefficiency of the MMA, cows on runways, no firetruck or ambulance at the portharcourt international airport is equal to dissing ur country then i'm not surprised we are still stuck in the dark ages. Americans probably "diss" their country 100x than we do ours, its the kick in the backside that their politicians always need to get things right.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by PTH(m): 4:57pm On Aug 12, 2007
denex:

@PTH

no be that kain computer crash O! Na computer wey dey store information and details of flights and passengers. By the way, all those things wey you dey see for wall no be computer O! Na flat screen displays. Abeg make this boy no go fall the whole Nigeria hand for abroad.

And that na to show say no be airport you pass go this Yankee. If not, you for see say those displays dey Naija airport too.

u're just trying so hard to appear smart. it isnt working, try another method. Those "flat screen displays" are powered by giant computers! aka they are just like the computer screens with which u are typing from! Try putting a flat screen tv on a wall and tell it to start processing information.

Oh ah, things may have changed at the MMA who knows, NAA may even be much better as i never passed through that airport. The bottomline is simple, before you start yelping in joy that computers crash at LAX, try solving your problem with fulani cows competing with aircraft on runways for parking space. Then and only then will i take any of your constant whinning seriously.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by denex: 5:03pm On Aug 12, 2007
@PTH

I just wan correct you say no be computer full wall, na monitor. So that you no go tell ya brother say everywhere for America airport, na so-so computer for wall.

No so the people wey go before una, dem lie give una say na so-so gold them use tar the road.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by PTH(m): 5:04pm On Aug 12, 2007
BABEELOVE:

Haba! PTH--This is your 3rd strike today alone with the ladies. Any salvation for you How is it possible that you are attacked for your aggression all over Nairaland. Please try and make some friends. I want to be your friend just to help you out!!! grin

naah i dont need any salvation.  grin I'm as fine as can be and i'm thoroughly enjoying myself while the rest of u make fools out of urselves just to appear smart. I'm not as aggressive as you claim, its just that i notice a lot of people arent comfortable with people who have a head on their shoulders, do not fall over and kiss their feet just because they are female and will stick up and go toe to toe with those who think they can just pop in and insult anyone they please.

No dear, i have my own friends on this board, the fact that u dont see them does not mean they dont exist. Its just that unlike the many children masquerading as adults on this board, i choose to keep my friendships outside of here. We should be friends, some of my friends today started in this form. what do u say?  grin
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by simplyme3(f): 5:06pm On Aug 12, 2007
hisses in disgust
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by PTH(m): 5:07pm On Aug 12, 2007
denex:

@PTH

I just wan correct you say no be computer full wall, na monitor. So that you no go tell ya brother say everywhere for America airport, na so-so computer for wall.

No so the people wey go before una, them lie give una say na so-so gold them use tar the road.

denex, grow up and take that cigarette out of ur mouth.  grin

Monitor wey full wall na wetin? television set? Is the information on the monitor appearing by magic? How can you separate a monitor from the rest of the computer accessories? What really do u describe as a computer? Just the CPU?
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by PTH(m): 5:09pm On Aug 12, 2007
simply_me:

hisses in disgust

grin grin grin like i'm bothered. keep hissing, it must be a national past time in that hell hole called Cambodia. At least its "abroad" too eh.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by denex: 5:14pm On Aug 12, 2007
@PTH

for the last time davidylan, no be computer!!
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by simplyme3(f): 5:17pm On Aug 12, 2007
he thinks we dont know he is the same davidylan.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by PTH(m): 5:19pm On Aug 12, 2007
denex:

@PTH

for the last time davidylan, no be computer!!

i agree, your monitor wey dey infront of u no be computer chikena!

simply_me:

he thinks we don't know he is the same davidylan.

duh! grin everyone else who matters to me on this board have been aware ever since i changed to this name. that u are just knowing is one more evidence that you dont count as far as i'm concerned. Enjoy.
Denex was aware well before today so stuff it.
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by BABEELOVE(f): 5:19pm On Aug 12, 2007
David, you have been decoded!!!!
Re: Thousands Stranded In American Airport As Computer Systems Crash. by PTH(m): 5:20pm On Aug 12, 2007
BABEELOVE:

David, you have been decoded!!!!

na now you just dey know? where have u been since? grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Greatest Nigerian Cowards In Military And Politics / Vision 2010:what Happened To It? / Is Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi The Best Minister In Jonathan's Cabinet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.