Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,188 members, 7,780,314 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:12 PM

Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings (28210 Views)

Actress And Influencer Evanny Patrick Dazzles At 'glamour Girls' Premier In Abuj / Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? / Zack Orji & Eucharia Anunobi's Sex Scene In 'Glamour Girls' That Shook Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Angelfrost(m): 4:24pm On Jun 27, 2022
iamL:
Am yet to see glamour girls and I am going to watch it.

They should stop remaking classic since they have nothing good to deliver. All the remakes so far have been poor from:

Living in bondage: 3/10
Nneka the pretty serpent 3/10
Rattlesnake 4/10

undecided

Come now... Living In Bondage was not a remake (a sequel is more like it), and it certainly fared well enough to deserve a 6 at least.

The rest were just plain irritating!
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Frank150: 4:25pm On Jun 27, 2022
Wow... dope
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by DWJOBScom(m): 4:25pm On Jun 27, 2022
You reviewed it as if they annoyed you
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by PROPEACE: 4:25pm On Jun 27, 2022
chukwugoziegi:
5/10.

You're such a generous rater.

The movie na trash. More like 1/10
I started watching it on Netflix yesterday's but stopped after 15 minutes. I thought I was impatient.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Lovelife433(m): 4:29pm On Jun 27, 2022
Absolute rubbish, trash �️ to be thrown inside gutter.
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Angelfrost(m): 4:30pm On Jun 27, 2022
badinfluence:

They have Diamond Ring lined up. That's the last of their remake spree. After ruining that one, they'd rest.

You sure?!!

Have they ruined:

Taboo (Kenneth Okonkwo)
Things Fall Apart (Pete Edochie)
Blind Trust (Ramsey Nouah)
Etc!
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by setobaba: 4:33pm On Jun 27, 2022
I’M WRITING THIS IN CAP, THE MOVIE IS ALL A CRAP
After seeing it just two days ago I had to sss another movie immediately cos the glamour whatever doesn’t make sense.

We don’t know what or who killed toke makinwa husband for the movie

They didn’t tell us what happened the don who was rapped or molested

It’s all a crap

You all should go and see the movie by Ramsay Confusion na wahala

2 Likes

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by pocohantas(f): 4:34pm On Jun 27, 2022
The new generation of actors should stop already. Pftttttt!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 27, 2022
I watched the trailer and decided not to download it. I wasn't impressed at all
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Superpower(m): 4:35pm On Jun 27, 2022
iamL:

They should stop remaking classic since they have nothing good to deliver. All the remakes so far have been poor from:

Rattlesnake 4/10

undecided
I don't know why people feel they are ruining the original movies when the original movies were not even good.maybe it's nostalgia.

1 Like

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by AustineE1: 4:35pm On Jun 27, 2022
iamL:

Rattlesnake 4/1
undecided
I dont have problem criticising movies but for you to rate 'Living Bondage' sequel 3/10 means you know nothing about movies,that movie is cool,fine storyline,fine cast,deep when i say deep,i mean deep.For an African movie,i give it 8/10.

2 Likes

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by chosengocap: 4:36pm On Jun 27, 2022
iamL:

Rattlesnake 4/10

undecided

https://naijatopmost.com/glamour-girls-2022-nollywood-movie/
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Vinnie2000(m): 4:37pm On Jun 27, 2022
Angelfrost:

You sure?!!

Have they ruined:

Taboo (Kenneth Okonkwo)
Things Fall Apart (Pete Edochie)
Blind Trust (Ramsey Nouah)
Etc!

He means the Popular, talked about ones.
The ones u mentioned, if they do a remake, it will still FLOP!
Modern Nollywood actors lack emotional delivery and most Cinema movies are all about glitz and glamour!
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Superpower(m): 4:38pm On Jun 27, 2022
Maverick777:

Okay, I actually saw it last night(not that I was expecting anything exceptional after blood sisters, I just needed to unwind)
Now, my take is this, these new found competition from film-makers to go for a remake of classics rather than go for your own unique story is sickening!
That, one person was able to do it to perfection, doesn't mean y'all can.
The problem of Nigerians is that we don't think outside the box, always trying to copy what's trending..
I for one, happened to have watched the 'original' movie back then, alongside so many others that were remade, ranging from, Blood sisters, Rattle snake, Nneka the serpent, Living in bondage et all..
For me, the only remake that made it was, living in bondage, and that's solely because the actual movie actual begged for a sequel and he(R.N.J) got a few of the cast from way back alongside!
Times have changed, this new breed can never go close to what the likes of ego boyo did then(little wonder she flared up) neither can they relate to what even inspired the movie, they can only read script but can never match the emotion...

That cast could've faired extremely better in a story relating to present day, I can bet my life on that.
movie was trash!

My $100.30cents

Blood sister was not a remake.The two movies just had the same name.
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Azuwonder(m): 4:40pm On Jun 27, 2022
Get Glamour Girls reviews at janellesnollywooddiary DOT com.
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by queenfav(f): 4:42pm On Jun 27, 2022
I have never seen a more confusing plot with so many loose ends.They should stick to new stories and leave nollywood classics alone.

2 Likes

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Dameland: 4:43pm On Jun 27, 2022
What did Alex actually do to Jemma's son. It was very unclear.
Where did Nse get the flash drive at the end of the.movie. I thought she gave back the $21 billion to the big boys. When did Emma take out the flash drive from her bag after Zeribe put it in.

Too many unclear scenes.

Pro
They tried but the standard is low . I will say it is a movie that was trying to show girls with fine fine cloth.

Cons
Poor story line. Unclear plot.

safarigirl:
Whew!

It's been a while I was here. So, I'm back for another review and rating. This time, it's for the newly released Glamour Girls, which is a PlayNetwork production, with a collaboration from Netflix, so you know, money was not an issue. I will be reviewing what exactly Play Network used this excess funds they must have gotten, to do.

Movie Title: Glamour Girls
Cast:
Nse-Ikpe Etim
Sharon Ooja
Joselyn Dumas
Toke Makinwa
Segilola
James Gardiner
Uzor Arukwe
Chukie "Lynxx" Edozien
Taymesan
Ejike Asiegbu
Femi Branch
Producer: Charles Okpaleke
Director: Bunmi Ajakaiye
Writer; Kemi Adesoye

Plot:

We follow the luxury lives of a group of women who make money off of wealthy men. Lies, deceit and betrayal are part of the ingredients to this life.

Review:

To be honest, if the plot seems vague and empty to you, it's because that's what the entire movie was; vague and empty.

While I expected the movie to tank, from the moment I learnt of the cast, I did not expect it to tank this much. Mo Abudu must be sighing in relief, that this shambolic production doesn't have her name on it. Honestly, I saw this movie for 46 minutes, and the entire time, I was waiting for it to start. 46 minutes in and nothing had happened. Where do I even begin?

Dem say make we try dey talk good, before we talk bad. So, the good from this movie? Uzor Arukwe, Lynxx, and James Gardiner. Beautiful men, very beautiful. Lovely African men.

Another good? Well, at least we are once again reminded that a lot of people who live luxury lives are not doing it on their dime or on the back of legal dealings, so, if you never blow because you're on the straight narrow, no feel say na only your head dem no wash. Na just road you no know, and some of those roads are not nice.

Phew! Let us now get into the nitty gritty of it all...

Let me start with casting, because like I said, from the moment I saw the cast, I knew this movie would not bang so hard. Sharon Ooja as Emmanuella, this lady is one of those people that I'm conflicted on; can she really act, or is it pretty privilege? My conflict was not resolved by her performance in this movie. There were moments I thought she was doing too much, and moments she was doing just fine. In total, her performance was decent, but not quite AMVCA Best Actress level. Nse Ikpe-Etim as Donna, while being a boss lady, was a bit too stiff. I have never seen Nse give such a poor performance, and I have to blame her co-stars for killing her vibe, because Nse can do no wrong in my eyes. Toke Makinwa as Lulu, chai! Toke should please, stick to those short YouTube videos she does with Falz, she had possibly the worst performance of the four ladies, her character just seemed like a caricature. There was a scene where Nse, Toke and Sharon were gathered at Donna's (Nse) house, the delivery in that scene was so poor, I cringed the entire time. And then Joselyn Dumas' performance was like she been no collect complete money for the film. It lacked any kick to it. Even when Jemma (Dumas), was broken by her boyfriend, Alexander's (Edozien) actions, it still did nothing. Thank God for her chemistry with Lynxx sha, it was a saving grace, because we got some intense, seggsual something from it. Possibly the only pair that brought what I imagine the producers were going for, as far as on-screen chemistry went.

Where the women tanked though, the men somehow held their own. Uzor Arukwe's brilliance need not be reiterated at this point, because we can clearly see why Nollywood dey rush the guy like hot puffpuff, but once again, he brought some comic relief playing Lulu's (Makinwa) Igbo husband. His mannerism and speech was nicely delivered and very believable. Femi Branch, is another actor who can never be caught slacking. I truly enjoyed his portrayal of Kunle, Emmannuella's (Ooja) 'sponsor'. Gardiner as Zeribe, played the tough bodyguard with a soft spot for oga's babe appropriately. We could have gotten more as far as chemistry with Sharon Ooja was concerned, but I'm not sure who to blame for this failure between himself and Sharon. I got what they were going for, but whatever chemistry rose at some points, would quickly fall, like a poorly baked cake. Taymesan as Tommy was decent, although he did not have to play a challenging role, and neither did Ejike Asiegbu tbh.

This is the first movie production I have seen Lynxx in, we hadn't heard much of him since he decided he was a born again pastor, and secular music held no interest for him anymore. Imagine my surprise that our MOG was playing the charming, seductive and very deceptive love interest of Joselyn. Ladies and Gentlemen, yes, I am a simp for Mr. Lynxx. Please, I don't have much to say, but filmmakers, call this guy. He's got the IT factor. Thanks and God bless. I look forward to seeing more of Lynxx on screen.

Now, to other things; plotline, sound, editing. PlayNetwork used money they should have used to hire a good scriptwriter, to travel around the world. When Donna (Ikpe-Etim) got into some issues, we saw her jetting to Beirut and Berlin, for what? We no know. They sha gave them money, and they used it for trips. The plot was a whole mess of parts that did not align, so, the editing was clearly questionable. The settings were good, albeit lazy, because seeing luxury in Nollywood doesn't hold the same excitement as before. Na aesthetics we go chop? The sound was also poor...just hold remote with you, because it got very loud whenever the soundtracks were on, and then low, when the actors were speaking.

We saw so many scenes that we could neither make sense of, nor justify. So many unanswered questions; what did Lulu's husband see when he went through that door? What led to the death of Alexander the Accountant? How did a third flash drive magically appear for Donna to steal $6 billion? And why were they playing "You're my honey bunch, sugar plum..." In a boxing scene?

We may never know the answers to these questions, and we honestly pray Play Network does not feel compelled to answer them with a sequel, because we will revolt.

This movie was a waste of time, a disservice to the memory of the iconic Glamour Girls of 1994, and a poor attempt at a remake. They should have used all that money to pay ASUU to call off the strike.

Rating: 5/10

Watch/Trash; The story is sweeter when someone else gists you, but you can watch for Lynxx wink.

If you have already made the error of seeing the movie, what are your genuine thoughts and ratings on the movie?

1 Like

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Maverick777: 4:44pm On Jun 27, 2022
Superpower:
Blood sister was not a remake.The two movies just had the same name.
That was an oversight.
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by CheapHomes1: 4:46pm On Jun 27, 2022
Maverick777:

Okay, I actually saw it last night(not that I was expecting anything exceptional after blood sisters, I just needed to unwind)
Now, my take is this, these new found competition from film-makers to go for a remake of classics rather than go for your own unique story is sickening!
The problem of Nigerians is that we don't think outside the box, always trying to copy what's trending..
I for one, happened to have watched the 'original' movie back then, alongside so many others that were remade, ranging from, Blood sisters, Rattle snake, Nneka the serpent, Living in bondage et all..
For me, the only remake that made it was, living in bondage, and that's solely because the actual movie actual begged for a sequel and he(R.N.J) got a few of the cast from way back alongside!
Times have changed, this new breed can never go close to what the likes of ego boyo did then(little wonder she flared up) neither can they relate to what even inspired the movie, they can only read script but can never match the emotion...

That cast could've faired extremely better in a story relating to present day, I can bet my life on that.
movie was trash!

My $100.30cents

I de hail una wey get power to de watch Nigerian films. Can't imagine myself by myself going by myself to watch nigerian films except I come your house meet you watching it.

Fact is, Nollywood directors, producers and actors have nothing to offer. They are just privileged to have access to resources for making movies hence they are so lazy in thinking up original ideas different from the norm. I can confidently say most if not all don't have the needed training in story telling and in bringing stories to life which you can only get from learning how to be an actor in a university
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Streetmovement(m): 4:46pm On Jun 27, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

I have nothing to say
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by doncollino: 4:47pm On Jun 27, 2022
how do people even manage to watch this things
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Vinnie2000(m): 4:48pm On Jun 27, 2022
pocohantas:
The new generation of actors should stop already. Pftttttt!

Some of these new actors are really as talented as Ramsey Noah, Emeka Ike, Rita Dominic, Ini Edo of old.

Their problem is they are too Image or Glamous-conscious.

Then most Big directors pick their celebrity friends, girlfriends, etc to take up roles.

Just like the way comedian Basketmouth brings in his celebrity friends (and perhaps his wife's friends too) to his series, Flatmates!

These are what kill some movies!

4 Likes

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by CheapHomes1: 4:48pm On Jun 27, 2022
iamL:

Rattlesnake 4/10

undecided

Na una wey get power to watch nigerian films de give them hope
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by CheapHomes1: 4:49pm On Jun 27, 2022
doncollino:
how do people even manage to watch this things

Even me I don't understand. I can't imagine myself sitting down for more than 1hr watching nonesense
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by harmargedon: 4:50pm On Jun 27, 2022
safarigirl:
Whew!

It's been a while I was here. So, I'm back for another review and rating. This time, it's for the newly released Glamour Girls, which is a PlayNetwork production, with a collaboration from Netflix, so you know, money was not an issue. I will be reviewing what exactly Play Network used this excess funds they must have gotten, to do.

Movie Title: Glamour Girls
Cast:
Nse-Ikpe Etim
Sharon Ooja
Joselyn Dumas
Toke Makinwa
Segilola
James Gardiner
Uzor Arukwe
Chukie "Lynxx" Edozien
Taymesan
Ejike Asiegbu
Femi Branch
Producer: Charles Okpaleke
Director: Bunmi Ajakaiye
Writer; Kemi Adesoye

Plot:

We follow the luxury lives of a group of women who make money off of wealthy men. Lies, deceit and betrayal are part of the ingredients to this life.

Review:

To be honest, if the plot seems vague and empty to you, it's because that's what the entire movie was; vague and empty.

While I expected the movie to tank, from the moment I learnt of the cast, I did not expect it to tank this much. Mo Abudu must be sighing in relief, that this shambolic production doesn't have her name on it. Honestly, I saw this movie for 46 minutes, and the entire time, I was waiting for it to start. 46 minutes in and nothing had happened. Where do I even begin?

Dem say make we try dey talk good, before we talk bad. So, the good from this movie? Uzor Arukwe, Lynxx, and James Gardiner. Beautiful men, very beautiful. Lovely African men.

Another good? Well, at least we are once again reminded that a lot of people who live luxury lives are not doing it on their dime or on the back of legal dealings, so, if you never blow because you're on the straight narrow, no feel say na only your head dem no wash. Na just road you no know, and some of those roads are not nice.

Phew! Let us now get into the nitty gritty of it all...

Let me start with casting, because like I said, from the moment I saw the cast, I knew this movie would not bang so hard. Sharon Ooja as Emmanuella, this lady is one of those people that I'm conflicted on; can she really act, or is it pretty privilege? My conflict was not resolved by her performance in this movie. There were moments I thought she was doing too much, and moments she was doing just fine. In total, her performance was decent, but not quite AMVCA Best Actress level. Nse Ikpe-Etim as Donna, while being a boss lady, was a bit too stiff. I have never seen Nse give such a poor performance, and I have to blame her co-stars for killing her vibe, because Nse can do no wrong in my eyes. Toke Makinwa as Lulu, chai! Toke should please, stick to those short YouTube videos she does with Falz, she had possibly the worst performance of the four ladies, her character just seemed like a caricature. There was a scene where Nse, Toke and Sharon were gathered at Donna's (Nse) house, the delivery in that scene was so poor, I cringed the entire time. And then Joselyn Dumas' performance was like she been no collect complete money for the film. It lacked any kick to it. Even when Jemma (Dumas), was broken by her boyfriend, Alexander's (Edozien) actions, it still did nothing. Thank God for her chemistry with Lynxx sha, it was a saving grace, because we got some intense, seggsual something from it. Possibly the only pair that brought what I imagine the producers were going for, as far as on-screen chemistry went.

Where the women tanked though, the men somehow held their own. Uzor Arukwe's brilliance need not be reiterated at this point, because we can clearly see why Nollywood dey rush the guy like hot puffpuff, but once again, he brought some comic relief playing Lulu's (Makinwa) Igbo husband. His mannerism and speech was nicely delivered and very believable. Femi Branch, is another actor who can never be caught slacking. I truly enjoyed his portrayal of Kunle, Emmannuella's (Ooja) 'sponsor'. Gardiner as Zeribe, played the tough bodyguard with a soft spot for oga's babe appropriately. We could have gotten more as far as chemistry with Sharon Ooja was concerned, but I'm not sure who to blame for this failure between himself and Sharon. I got what they were going for, but whatever chemistry rose at some points, would quickly fall, like a poorly baked cake. Taymesan as Tommy was decent, although he did not have to play a challenging role, and neither did Ejike Asiegbu tbh.

This is the first movie production I have seen Lynxx in, we hadn't heard much of him since he decided he was a born again pastor, and secular music held no interest for him anymore. Imagine my surprise that our MOG was playing the charming, seductive and very deceptive love interest of Joselyn. Ladies and Gentlemen, yes, I am a simp for Mr. Lynxx. Please, I don't have much to say, but filmmakers, call this guy. He's got the IT factor. Thanks and God bless. I look forward to seeing more of Lynxx on screen.

Now, to other things; plotline, sound, editing. PlayNetwork used money they should have used to hire a good scriptwriter, to travel around the world. When Donna (Ikpe-Etim) got into some issues, we saw her jetting to Beirut and Berlin, for what? We no know. They sha gave them money, and they used it for trips. The plot was a whole mess of parts that did not align, so, the editing was clearly questionable. The settings were good, albeit lazy, because seeing luxury in Nollywood doesn't hold the same excitement as before. Na aesthetics we go chop? The sound was also poor...just hold remote with you, because it got very loud whenever the soundtracks were on, and then low, when the actors were speaking.

We saw so many scenes that we could neither make sense of, nor justify. So many unanswered questions; what did Lulu's husband see when he went through that door? What led to the death of Alexander the Accountant? How did a third flash drive magically appear for Donna to steal $6 billion? And why were they playing "You're my honey bunch, sugar plum..." In a boxing scene?

We may never know the answers to these questions, and we honestly pray Play Network does not feel compelled to answer them with a sequel, because we will revolt.

This movie was a waste of time, a disservice to the memory of the iconic Glamour Girls of 1994, and a poor attempt at a remake. They should have used all that money to pay ASUU to call off the strike.

Rating: 5/10

Watch/Trash; The story is sweeter when someone else gists you, but you can watch for Lynxx wink.

If you have already made the error of seeing the movie, what are your genuine thoughts and ratings on the movie?
what's your opinion on the recent Nneka the pretty serpent?
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by jimetagambo: 4:50pm On Jun 27, 2022
I will watch it tonight after work. I hope it's not going to be time wasting.
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by saintsrow(m): 4:52pm On Jun 27, 2022
I just wasted my precious 2hrs and 4.2gb watching an expensive shitty movie
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by harmargedon: 4:52pm On Jun 27, 2022
queenfav:
I have never seen a more confusing plot with so many loose ends.They should stick to new stories and leave nollywood classics alone.
Nneka the pretty serpent should rank number 1 on the boring list
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Angelfrost(m): 4:52pm On Jun 27, 2022
Vinnie2000:
He means the Popular, talked about ones.
The ones u mentioned, if they do a remake, it will still FLOP!
Modern Nollywood actors lack emotional delivery and most Cinema movies are all about glitz and glamour!

You are simply spot on!

They spend so much on lighting, costumes, special effects, locations, etc... Yet the movies still fall short due to poor acting and script interpretation.

Thank God we were privileged to see quality acting in the past from:

Sola Fosudo
The Jacobs
Liz Benson
Segun Arinze
Sandra Achums
Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde
Sam Dede
Nkiru Silvanus
Etc...

Sadly, even Hollywood's quality seems to have equally dipped.

1 Like

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by ajekpaks(m): 4:53pm On Jun 27, 2022
Maverick777:

I for one, happened to have watched the 'original' movie back then, alongside so many others that were remade, ranging from, Rattle snake, Nneka the serpent, Living in bondage et all..

movie was trash!

My $100.30cents

true true true
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by queenfav(f): 4:53pm On Jun 27, 2022
harmargedon:
Nneka the pretty serpent should rank number 1 on the boring list
I didn't even bother watching that one.
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by koyyess: 4:55pm On Jun 27, 2022
I no get time to watch naija film for now.

I need something fast.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Big Brother Naija 2019 Holds After Elections And Inaugurations / BBNaija: Why I Decided To Date Nina – Miracle / BBNaija: Alex Wins Dano Competition, Gets Her Mother’s Kitchen Refurbished

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.