Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings (28298 Views)

Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? / Living In Bondage: Breaking Free Reviews And Ratings? / Zack Orji & Eucharia Anunobi's Sex Scene In 'Glamour Girls' That Shook Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Maverick777: 4:56pm On Jun 27, 2022
CheapHomes1:

I de hail una wey get power to decwatch Nigerian films. Can't imagine myself by myself going by myself to watch nigerian films except I come your house meet you watching it.

Fact is, Nollywood directors, producers and actors have nothing to offer. They are just privileged to have access to resources for making movies hence they are so lazy in thinking up original ideas different from the norm. I can confidently say most if not all don't have the needed training in story telling and in bringing stories to life which you can only get from learning how to be an actor in a university
Well I do, i'm not stereotypical...
call me old school or 'woman', no p.
you'd struggle to find a more intelligent person around..
In fact, in my house, I only have to be away before you can watch anything else!
Here's why,
I rather watch stuff I can relate to, i just need to find one with very good content not your regular 'Asaba' movie oh..
Most of NAIJA contents are real life stories that actually happened...
I can't start to tell you how something I saw from a Naija movie scene saved me from something hooge...!
I don't live abroad, apart from sci-fi, I don't see any reason to watch any other foreign movie
And Yes. We've good competent trained producers here, the ones that Netflix beg to buy their works.

2 Likes

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Maverick777: 4:56pm On Jun 27, 2022
CheapHomes1:

I de hail una wey get power to decwatch Nigerian films. Can't imagine myself by myself going by myself to watch nigerian films except I come your house meet you watching it.

Fact is, Nollywood directors, producers and actors have nothing to offer. They are just privileged to have access to resources for making movies hence they are so lazy in thinking up original ideas different from the norm. I can confidently say most if not all don't have the needed training in story telling and in bringing stories to life which you can only get from learning how to be an actor in a university
In fact, in my house, I only have to be away before you can watch anything else!
Here's why,
I rather watch stuff I can relate to, i just need to find one with very good content not your regular 'Asaba' movie oh..
I can't start to tell you how something I saw from a Naija movie scene saved me from something hooge...!
I don't live abroad, apart from sci-fi, I don't see any reason to watch any other foreign movie

And Yes. We've good competent trained producers here, the ones that Netflix beg to buy their works.
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Ipp1: 4:59pm On Jun 27, 2022
Ok
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by harmargedon: 5:00pm On Jun 27, 2022
queenfav:
I didn't even bother watching that one.
grin grin grin grin grin grin you for use vex scatter your TV.
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Maverick777: 5:00pm On Jun 27, 2022
CheapHomes1:

I de hail una wey get power to de watch Nigerian films. Can't imagine myself by myself going by myself to watch nigerian films except I come your house meet you watching it.

Here's why,

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Sterope(f): 5:06pm On Jun 27, 2022
5/10 is too generous. It isn't average by any standard. It is far below average.

1/10 because of the men.

2 Likes

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by stonecoldcafe: 5:06pm On Jun 27, 2022
safarigirl:
Whew!

It's been a while I was here. So, I'm back for another review and rating. This time, it's for the newly released
Nse-Ikpe Etim

We follow the of seeing the movie, what are your genuine thoughts and ratings on the movie?

As a friend was watching it in my place, she kept cussing, cussing and willing the movie to start! She kept saying "nothing was happening and the plot was too slow". From that moment, I decided that the movie will not be worth my while

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by queenfav(f): 5:08pm On Jun 27, 2022
harmargedon:
grin grin grin grin grin grin you for use vex scatter your TV.
Thank God,i am even too busy to waste eye on a film that i don't think would be okay.
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by GenerousK: 5:08pm On Jun 27, 2022
Its been a while since I made any comments on Nairaland, but with this rubbish, stupid, 2hrs nonsense movie, omo I gass pour out my mind!!! FIrst of all, why is Sharon Ooja always playing Olosho? Why dem no dey use her for reasonable roles? Even in that sex trafficking movie (I've forgotten the title). They used people, but it was to no avail. It was really senseless and a disgrace to Netflix and Nollywood!!! I'm surprised they are doing movie premiere for it. It should be one of those free movies on youtube, not Netflix....but what can I say, isnt Netflix itself trash?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by chigoizie7(m): 5:09pm On Jun 27, 2022
I haven’t watched the movie yet, but the moment I saw toke makinwa there as a cast, I lost the interest to watch it and that’s why I haven’t .

4 Likes

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Iykman042(m): 5:21pm On Jun 27, 2022
team western movies, I don't watch naija movies anymore,its a waste of my time

1 Like

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Vinnie2000(m): 5:26pm On Jun 27, 2022
koyyess:
I no get time to watch naija film for now.

I need something fast.
Marriage
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by safarigirl(f): 5:26pm On Jun 27, 2022
Sterope:
5/10 is too generous. It isn't average by any standard. It is far below average.

1/10 because of the men.

grin

You sabi good thing
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Freemasonry: 5:29pm On Jun 27, 2022
@Safarigirl I couldn't agree more with your brilliant critique.

I saw the movie just last night, and I share your sentiments exactly.

I'm still trying to understand the scene where Lynxx died.
Was it murder or self-defense?
What really happened.

I wish Gloria Norbert-Young and Dolly Unachukwu (the original glamour girls) hadn't shown their faces in this fleek, because that's about the only thing that makes this a remake.
Nothing about the story or plot ties in.

And yes, Toke and Sharon didn't exactly deliver.
In all, it was a poor showing.

1 Like

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by CheapHomes1: 5:33pm On Jun 27, 2022
Maverick777:

Here's why,

From the opening by the OP, the glamour girls film is a Netflix film and yet you can't vouch for the quality of the film. Every comment on the film has been negative.

Whether you live abroad or in Nigeria isn't the issue. Whether "Most of NAIJA contents are real life stories that actually happened..." or not isn't the issue. The issue is how is the story told? That's what a makes a great film...how the story is told. Not whether it is fiction or real life

2 Likes

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Maverick777: 5:38pm On Jun 27, 2022
CheapHomes1:

From the opening by the OP, the glamour girls film is a Netflix film and yet you can't vouch for the quality of the film. Every comment on the film has been negative.

Whether you live abroad or in Nigeria isn't the issue. Whether "Most of NAIJA contents are real life stories that actually happened..." or not isn't the issue. The issue is how is the story told? That's what a makes a great film...how the story is told. Not whether it is fiction or real life
The fact that I criticized the movie unprovoked, should tell you I'm a firm critic, I strive for perfection...
So, if the same me tells you that some Naija film-makers make excellent movies, take it with a bag of salt!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by CheapHomes1: 5:45pm On Jun 27, 2022
Maverick777:

The fact that I criticized the movie unprovoked, should tell you I'm a firm critic, I strive for perfection...
So, if the same me tells you that some Naija film-makers make excellent movies, take it with a bag of salt!

Sorry bro. I can't take it with a bag of salt. If there was anything less than a pinch of salt, that's how I will take it.

You had already generalised earlier that once Netflix is involved, the film is a go and we have seen how this film doesn't prove that case. Maybe your definition of what makes an "excellent movie" is different from mine but for you it's all about how a "Naija movie scene saved me from something hooge...", "Most of NAIJA contents are real life stories that actually happened..." and stuff like "I don't live abroad, apart from sci-fi, I don't see any reason to watch any other foreign movie". If that's what makes a movie excellent for you, then we aren't on the same page

1 Like

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by ThierryJay: 5:47pm On Jun 27, 2022
Despite the obvious flaws I was still slightly entertained by the movie, so I watched it at a stretch.

Most obvious gap to me was that the story line was poor. One hour into the film, I was still trying to get what the plot was about. I didnt know whether Sharon Ooja was the main character or Gemma, or was it even Nse?

Sharon especially delivered a disaster class in acting. She was doing too much too much of the time.Toke did not fare much better.

Even Uzor Arukwe's igbo accent sounded forced and fake. I've heard much better effortless deliveries from grade B actors.

So many blanked scenes leaving the mind to wander what the hell was happening. I suspect Alexander (lynx) was sexually abusing Gemma's kid to warrant her killing him, but there isnt even enough from the movie to conclude that conclusively.

A 5/10 for me.

1 Like

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Maverick777: 5:47pm On Jun 27, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Sorry bro. I can't take it with a bag of salt. If there was anything less than a punch of salt, that's how I will take it.

You had already generalised earlier that once Netflix is involved, the film is a go and we have seen how this film doesn't prove that case. Maybe your definition of what makes an "excellent movie" is different from mine but for you it's all about how a "Naija movie scene saved me from something hooge...", "Most of NAIJA contents are real life stories that actually happened..." and stuff like "I don't live abroad, apart from sci-fi, I don't see any reason to watch any other foreign movie". If that's what makes a movie excellent for you, then we aren't on the same page
okay, let me set you a trap, please answer wisely.
why don't you watch Naija movies?
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by koyyess: 5:50pm On Jun 27, 2022
Vinnie2000:
Marriage

See where your mind travel go.

I meant oyibo films. I no wan watch gate man wey dey open gate for big man wey dey take 5 good minutes.

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by scholes23(m): 5:54pm On Jun 27, 2022
I may be wrong but the only movie remake they tried was Nneka the pretty serpent
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by WhisperedNoise: 5:54pm On Jun 27, 2022
iamL:
Am yet to see glamour girls and I am going to watch it.

They should stop remaking classic since they have nothing good to deliver. All the remakes so far have been poor from:

Living in bondage: 3/10
Nneka the pretty serpent 3/10
Rattlesnake 4/10

I'd like to know your reason(s) for giving LIB 3/10. I'd give it a 7/10. The story telling was awesome. Cinematography was on point. The characterization was really good. The actors held their ends finely and the story had a gradual crescendo.

So why 3/10?

undecided
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by CheapHomes1: 5:57pm On Jun 27, 2022
Maverick777:

okay, let me set you a trap, please answer wisely.
why don't you watch Naija movies?

Which trap are you setting? You will set trap and end up ensnaring yourself by the trap. In my responses to you, you will find all the answers you want. You can use your trap to catch whatever you want there
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Maverick777: 6:04pm On Jun 27, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Which trap are you setting? You will set trap and end up ensnaring yourself by the trap. In my responses to you, you will find all the answers you want. You can use your trap to catch whatever you want there
funny guy...
Typical Nigerian, always vexing unprovoked!
Bro everywhere in the world, film-makers abound and they'd definitely be good and terrible ones
I've watched many shitty senseless foreign movies back in the day.
Don't seclude it to only Nigeria.
I could've flared up from your first utterance, 'una wey dey watch naija movies dey try', but I didn't.
You should understand that everyone has a preference, your deepest hate is someone go-to delight.
life is diverse.
know this, know peace.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by folake4u(f): 6:06pm On Jun 27, 2022
Lmao the comments though.
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by chukwugoziegi: 6:06pm On Jun 27, 2022
stonecoldcafe:

As a friend was watching it in my place, she kept cussing, cussing and willing the movie to start! She kept saying "nothing was happening and the plot was too slow". From that moment, I decided that the movie will not be worth my while

Your friend no cuss reach me. I cuss them cuss myself join for carrying eyes to watch the rubbish. E pain me!

1 Like

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by Mariangeles(f): 6:09pm On Jun 27, 2022
Sterope:

1/10 because of the men.

Have you seen the movie?

Why because of the men? Good acting? cheesy
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by chukwugoziegi: 6:10pm On Jun 27, 2022
GenerousK:
Its been a while since I made any comments on Nairaland, but with this rubbish, stupid, 2hrs nonsense movie, omo I gass pour out my mind!!! FIrst of all, why is Sharon Ooja always playing Olosho? Why dem no dey use her for reasonable roles? Even in that sex trafficking movie (I've forgotten the title). They used people, but it was to no avail. It was really senseless and a disgrace to Netflix and Nollywood!!! I'm surprised they are doing movie premiere for it. It should be one of those free movies on youtube, not Netflix....but what can I say, isnt Netflix itself trash?

I cussed all of them at the end. The Actors, Director, Producer, Nollywood, Netflix.

The only explanation for that ridiculousness that makes sense to me is that, the movie was used to Launder money. Serious money laundering.

Oloture was the title of the sex trafficking movie.

2 Likes

Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by homesinabuja(m): 6:11pm On Jun 27, 2022
HajiaNotu:
I think I like the film tho, the ending was not just took okay...

But I didn't fast-forward it unlike Blood Sisters...
I noticed Nse didn't change her hair, through the film tho...
Sharon, first time watching her act, she tried.
Na Waka pass role fit Toke, she no try for this film...

I prefer this film to Blood Sister.I will rate it 6/10
Lmaoooo
What's this
Comparing Blood sisters to glamor girls
Common!!!
Your taste must be really low
No offense
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by CheapHomes1: 6:12pm On Jun 27, 2022
Maverick777:

funny guy...
Typical Nigerian, always vexing unprovoked!
Bro everywhere in the world, film-makers abound and they'd definitely be good and terrible ones
I've watched many shitty senseless foreign movies back in the day.
Don't seclude it to only Nigeria.
I could've flared up from your first utterance, 'una wey dey watch naija movies dey try', but I didn't.
You should understand that everyone has a preference, your deepest hate is someone go-to delight.
life is diverse.
know this, know peace.

Can you identify the vex that you are referring and explain how it is a Nigerian thing?

If you want to flare up, feel free. Did I hold you or did you do me a favour by not flaring up?
Re: Glamour Girls: Review And Ratings by heniford2: 6:15pm On Jun 27, 2022
No waste ur data download shit undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Iyawo Naira Marley" - Nollywood Movie Named After Naira Marley / Tobi Bakre Joins 'Jenifa's Dairy' As George - Funke Akindele Reveals / BBNaija: Khole And Anto Rock Bikini Tops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.