Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,900 members, 7,802,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Obaseki's Plans To Dump PDP For Labour Party Thickens - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki's Plans To Dump PDP For Labour Party Thickens (35589 Views)

A Bride Campaigns For Labour Party's Peter Obi On Her Wedding Day (Photos) / Idahosa Wells Okunbo: Obaseki Plans To Burn My Farms, Revoke My CofO / Fayose's Statement On His Threat To Dump PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki's Plans To Dump PDP For Labour Party Thickens by oikirodah(m): 3:35pm On Jun 26, 2022
How Obaseki Intends To Strip PDP Naked Then Move On To Labour Party Matters Arising

They claim that politics is distinct, filthy, capital intensive, contentious, and filled with so many other vile appendages; I do agree with them, but isn't the same true in other professions as well? The same is evident in our religion, educational settings, social groups, and even individual families.

When a family holds a simple funeral, the siblings would struggle to take various musicians to the same location for the funeral festivities. In contrast, when this BIG man was alive, he never had separate stages if he wanted to celebrate his birthday, however, at death, the small family is divided.

Even in family activities, the African man flexes his muscles with his relatives, how much more so in politics where everyone is of diverse ancestry. As long as we have the same African blood, pride, and ego flowing through our politics, or any other career in Nigeria, we are the same.

Because of his political craftiness and regular DIVINE backing from spiritual deities, I have always believed that Godwin Obaseki is an Oracle who should be worshipped.

Obaseki's case is like KILLING AN ANT WITH A SLEDGE HAMMER or an AK 47 Riffle. He has a long history of battles that are not pleasant with his rivals.

In all of these confrontations, Obaseki was unconcerned about the collateral harm he may do to a large number of individuals depending on his opponents' existence. When it comes to battle, Obaseki is cruel, and all indications are that he cares less about the eventual consequence, which is invariably fatal.

Even myself do wish not to go against the Governor, in local parlance ( Bside Slang) we go say "Obaseki Get As He Take Dey." No be lie oh , you must be careful when fighting with Obaseki.

Regardless of how insignificant the conflict may be, Obaseki always fights to the very end and makes sure to finish his opponent out. This behavior can be viewed as either terrible or positive, depending on your perspective. 

Everyone is aware of how Obaseki switched over to the PDP and was given all privileges while displacing other politicians who wanted to run on the party's platform after the APC closed their doors to his reelection campaign.

Today, the INEC refused to list any PDP candidate in Edo State for both the Senate and House of Representatives seats until the party settles its legal challenges. 

With this latest action, Obaseki has proven to be the supreme leader, and if it works, you can bet that the Governor would have succeeded in dealing with all of the old political order he encountered in politics in Edo State. Today, he succeeded in making the APC the state's opposition party.

Now the PDP may end up as the second runner-up opposition party in the state, the thing no reach to make una laugh? I say make una fear Obaseki, the guy is ruthless in politicking. If the PDP does not field a candidate, Obaseki will have succeeded in retiring numerous politicians from both factions of the party.

Consider the list of PDP members that ran in the Edo South Senatorial elections and who Obaseki would depose if this INEC move is upheld. From the two incumbents at the NASS to those who bought forms and contested the elections..

With this stunt, all House of Assembly contenders from both factions would have jumped into the LAGOON.

See, the collateral damage is significant and is either regrettable or commendable, depending again on your viewpoint.

The game now gets intriguing because Obaseki has ordered his reserve team of 11 to switch over to the Labour Party, and they have subsequently obtained tickets for the same posts that INEC has disallowed the PDP from running for.

The LP primaries allegedly took place in the Government House under full INEC supervision. This drama is characteristic of a James Bond film.

Therefore, if Obaseki loses in the PDP, the party won't run candidates. Instead, Obaseki would join the Labour Party and, with his new Obidient MANTRA, the LP would take over as the dominant force in Edo State, with the APC trailing behind and the PDP attempting to catch up to the LP and APC.

Obaseki would once more throw open the doors and appoint hundreds of SAs and SSAs from the LP party. He would also hold elections for the Local Government Councils, with the LP winning handily.

This is how it works: with over 4000 aids and local government chairman and councillors, the multiplying effect would result in over 70 thousand new converts to LP. Each SA or SSA would ensure that at least 5 members of their family circle became sympathetic to the Governor and his new party because of their appointment.

Edo State is already in a frenzy over the "Obidient Movement," and if Obaseki joins the Labour Party, he might sweep significant seats in the House of Assembly and National Assembly; keep in mind that the PDP is now out of the race.

These Labour enthusiasts would vote blindly for Obaseki's candidates in Labour Party without Labour Party spending much money, you know say dem no dey SPEND SHISHI.

Obaseki appears to be a good strategist, and his weak point, which happens to be his ego, may just be his weapon; Obaseki frantically seeks the jugular of his opponents; ignore him at your risk.

Take notice that Obaseki would enter the LP as the Alpha and Omega of the Party in the South South area, which would undoubtedly increase his popularity in the next months, but what happens after the 2023 general elections?

Anyway, I hope the PDP wins this pointless fight since it would not serve Edo State's interests if all of its star players were sent to the sidelines over insignificant political squabbles.

Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah, chairman and CEO of Bush Radio Academy, writes from Abuja.
https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/how-obaseki-intends-to-strip-pdp-naked-then-move-on-to-labour-party-matter-arising/

55 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Obaseki's Plans To Dump PDP For Labour Party Thickens by Olaunu: 3:39pm On Jun 26, 2022
Interesting

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki's Plans To Dump PDP For Labour Party Thickens by Smithkafors(m): 3:41pm On Jun 26, 2022
It's in the interest of everyone, all hands must be on deck to support PO for the presidency. If he could visit over 200schools in person as a non government person, imagine the changes he can make in Education, power and other sectors.

Every youths should get their PVC, let's get PO to the top. He is educated, experience, doesn't waste money anyhow.

333 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Obaseki's Plans To Dump PDP For Labour Party Thickens by manutdrichie(m): 3:48pm On Jun 26, 2022
Correct man

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki's Plans To Dump PDP For Labour Party Thickens by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 26, 2022
I keep saying it without apology, come 2023 them go see structure believe say e dey happen!
No be by to dey share garri and groundnut.

293 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Obaseki's Plans To Dump PDP For Labour Party Thickens by KanwuliaExtra: 3:53pm On Jun 26, 2022
He don gat no choice really.
He has been shytting from party to party.
Looking for his next survival meal-ticket.

Like Okowa, like Obaseki. Serial betrayers.

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Obaseki's Plans To Dump PDP For Labour Party Thickens by Iretii0511(m): 4:03pm On Jun 26, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:
He don gat no choice really.
He has been shytting from party to party.
Looking for his next survival meal-ticket.

Like Okowa, like Obaseki. Serial betrayers.

KanwuliaJara, what's up? Why are you supporting Atiku?

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obaseki's Plans To Dump PDP For Labour Party Thickens by Golan007: 4:05pm On Jun 26, 2022
The end of Obaseki as an administrator in Edo state.

426 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Obaseki's Plans To Dump PDP For Labour Party Thickens by kponkedenge(m): 4:13pm On Jun 26, 2022
Politicians go where there's popularity. So it won't be surprising to see him move.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obaseki's Plans To Dump PDP For Labour Party Thickens by Bellfun(m): 4:22pm On Jun 26, 2022
A political orphan!

Chased from APC
Chased from PDP
Now running to ruin Labourers' party

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obaseki's Plans To Dump PDP For Labour Party Thickens by KanwuliaExtra: 4:23pm On Jun 26, 2022
Iretii0511:

KanwuliaJara, what's up? Why are you supporting Atiku?

The only reason people support candidates.

Atiku never had any chance to do anything while he was VP, except protect his self-interests. Do you blame him?

I just love the man and all he stands for. A true father of Nigeria.

His first wife is Yoruba, his fifth ex-wife is Igbo. He is truly decentralized. If given the chance, he will do wonders in all areas of Nigeria. He is the key to a stable, restructured Nigeria.

12 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obaseki's Plans To Dump PDP For Labour Party Thickens by PrincessofDSS(f): 4:23pm On Jun 26, 2022
The game now gets intriguing because Obaseki has ordered his reserve team of 11 to switch over to the Labour Party, and they have subsequently obtained tickets for the same posts that INEC has disallowed the PDP from running for.

As if that was not enough

The LP primaries allegedly took place in the Government House under full INEC supervision. This drama is characteristic of a James Bond film.

My Edo friend here in the states” Everytime he will be like “WHO DEEEYYY BREATHE

Edo Governor is a man of timber and caliber that knows his weight, value, and what he can achieve with or without the so called party structure

Not some robobo and shaky-shaky women in men’s body referring to themselves as state Governors that’s literally any-where belle face..

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obaseki's Plans To Dump PDP For Labour Party Thickens by tony0806: 4:26pm On Jun 26, 2022
This writer too much

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obaseki's Plans To Dump PDP For Labour Party Thickens by Okwyjesus(m): 4:27pm On Jun 26, 2022
Obidient4life:
I keep saying it without apology, come 2023 them go see structure believe say e dey happen!
No be by to dey share garri and groundnut.

How bro. The needed work is in the north. We don't need marketing here in Rivers

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki's Plans To Dump PDP For Labour Party Thickens by mamaafrik(m): 4:27pm On Jun 26, 2022
The south need to pay the selfish North back in their coins,he should not forget wike and the Akwa-Ibom man

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki's Plans To Dump PDP For Labour Party Thickens by Sergio101(m): 4:27pm On Jun 26, 2022
cool

Once he set the pace.....then expect mass defection to labour party by many big politicians in coming months

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki's Plans To Dump PDP For Labour Party Thickens by Okwyjesus(m): 4:28pm On Jun 26, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

The only reason people support candidates.

Atiku never had any chance to do anything while he was VP, except protect his self-interests. Do you blame him?

I just love the man and all he stands for. A true father of Nigeria.

His first wife is Yoruba, his fifth ex-wife is Igbo. He is truly decentralized. If given the chance, he will do wonders in all areas of Nigeria. He is the key to a stable, restructured Nigeria.

You are right. If Obi couldn't l will go for ATIKU.

4 Likes

Re: Obaseki's Plans To Dump PDP For Labour Party Thickens by VoteTinubu2023: 4:28pm On Jun 26, 2022
Labour Party is home for useless politicians who have been displaced in APC and PDP.

Vote Tinubu 2023. Vote APC.

26 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Obaseki's Plans To Dump PDP For Labour Party Thickens by seunmsg(m): 4:29pm On Jun 26, 2022
garfield1 and fergie001, what’s the situation with PDP house of assembly in Edo state? Is it true that the party won’t be fielding house of assembly candidates for the election?

404 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obaseki's Plans To Dump PDP For Labour Party Thickens by KanwuliaExtra: 4:32pm On Jun 26, 2022
Okwyjesus:

You are right. If Obi couldn't l will go for ATIKU.

Exactly!

Anything besides Tinubu or Atiku abi?

I don’t think Obi has the political maturity Atiku has. Obi still dey learn work. He will be ripe in 4 years.✅

11 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Obaseki's Plans To Dump PDP For Labour Party Thickens by Okwyjesus(m): 4:34pm On Jun 26, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

Exactly!

I don’t think Obi has the political maturity Atiku has. Obi still dey learn work. He will be ripe in 4 years.✅

You are perfectly right.
Re: Obaseki's Plans To Dump PDP For Labour Party Thickens by Sergio101(m): 4:34pm On Jun 26, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

Exactly!

Unfortunately for you and fortunately for me....
Obi is the incoming president of federal republic of Nigeria.

Watch as it unfolds.

I can see some peeps up there already throwing stones to Obaseki.

But I tell you, A good politician goes for the "highest bidder". Obi directly or indirectly is the one staking his name high currently.

Will you go with someone with questionable secondary/primary school certificate??

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obaseki's Plans To Dump PDP For Labour Party Thickens by garfield1: 4:35pm On Jun 26, 2022
seunmsg:
garfield1 and fergie001, what’s the situation with PDP house of assembly in Edo state? Is it true that the party won’t be fielding house of assembly candidates for the election?

They will field from wike faction.
Re: Obaseki's Plans To Dump PDP For Labour Party Thickens by seunmsg(m): 4:36pm On Jun 26, 2022
garfield1:

The OP is claiming that INEC has rejected the primaries conducted by Dan Orbih/Wike’s faction.

388 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki's Plans To Dump PDP For Labour Party Thickens by garfield1: 4:38pm On Jun 26, 2022
seunmsg:

The OP is claiming that INEC has rejected the primaries conducted by Dan Orbih/Wike’s faction.

No.a court recognized them

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki's Plans To Dump PDP For Labour Party Thickens by KanwuliaExtra: 4:43pm On Jun 26, 2022
Sergio101:

Unfortunately for you and fortunately for me....
Obi is the incoming president of federal republic of Nigeria.

Watch as it unfolds.

I can see some peeps up there already throwing stones to Obaseki.

But I tell you, A good politician goes for the "highest bidder". Obi directly or indirectly is the one staking his name high currently.

Will you go with someone with questionable secondary/primary school certificate??

I pray so.
May the people’s choice win.

ISEEEEEEEEEEEE

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki's Plans To Dump PDP For Labour Party Thickens by Olaideolayemi(m): 4:44pm On Jun 26, 2022
If this write up is factual..Then obaseki should be careful of power..He didn't learn from Adams fall.. APC will get upper hand in that state soon..keep watching..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki's Plans To Dump PDP For Labour Party Thickens by KanwuliaExtra: 4:44pm On Jun 26, 2022
Seriously, Nigeria needs a HUGE change. The country don rotten toooooo much.
Re: Obaseki's Plans To Dump PDP For Labour Party Thickens by seunmsg(m): 5:07pm On Jun 26, 2022
garfield1:

No.a court recognized them

Great. Obaseki’s candidates should contest on the platform of LP and let’s see how far he can go. A 3-horse race will be an advantage to APC.

374 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki's Plans To Dump PDP For Labour Party Thickens by 9jaNoBeLagos: 5:15pm On Jun 26, 2022
If you can't beat them you join them.

9ja no be Lagos

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki's Plans To Dump PDP For Labour Party Thickens by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 26, 2022
garfield1:

Some weeks ago I categorically gave you hint on how the fiasco might likely end. It will be like film to all those forming oga in Edo PDP. PDP is going back to playing opposition. Bookmark this.

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police cancel invitation to Saraki; demand written explanation / Uproar As Zaria Rejects El-rufai / Pamela Ifejoku: Ned Nwoko Jailed My Father, Okey Ifejoku, Illegally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.