Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,873 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

Beware Of Etisalat 10mb Daily Plan - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Beware Of Etisalat 10mb Daily Plan (46461 Views)

New Airtel 5mb Daily Plan For 5naira / MTN Introduces Blackberry Daily Plan / Airtel NG Is Dishing Out 10mb & N400 Worth Airtime,get Urs Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Etisalat 10mb Daily Plan by Babalegba(m): 10:59am On Jul 24, 2011
Subscribing to etisalat 10mb a day plan should be totally avoided. I subscribed to the plan for one day last week after the free 15mb ran out and since then they have been subscribing me to the plan every day even though i phoned customer services and also used *229*0# to unsubscribe,they are so devious that they always deduct first from the free 15mb and deduct from the paid for 10mb only after the free one is finished. Such thieving ways would have resulted in right arm amputation in their homeland .You have been warned, dont even think of their 10mb daily plan.I am now afraid to recharge my phone.
Re: Beware Of Etisalat 10mb Daily Plan by princeparis(m): 12:46pm On Jul 24, 2011
You are right! My nephew subscribed to daily bundle last monday and since then they have been rolling over the bundle for him everyday once he recharges. He has been complaining all weekend!
Re: Beware Of Etisalat 10mb Daily Plan by benzion72(m): 6:39pm On Jul 24, 2011
And I just subscribed yesterday. Please if you get a solution to this let me know
Re: Beware Of Etisalat 10mb Daily Plan by seunlayi(m): 6:59pm On Jul 24, 2011
This new way of robbing subscribers is too bad and should be totally condemned by everybody including our regulatory bodies because it has also happened to me too. I subscribed and activated the one day play due to some problem on my regular glo line. The following day i recharge two hundred naira to make some calls but immediately, i received a text message that i have 15mb bonus and another that i have subscribed to 10mb making a total of 25mb. Due to their slow network, i also make a request to cancel the day package. I was able to use about 4mb before removing the sim from my modem. What suprised me was that the next day, i was told i have 11mb left and that another 100 has been deducted for another day subscription. this is a system that i know they can never practice where they originated from. This development should be totally condemned by everybody.
Re: Beware Of Etisalat 10mb Daily Plan by seunlayi(m): 7:27pm On Jul 24, 2011
Kindly share this information with other people so that they would not be prey to etisalat.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Etisalat 10mb Daily Plan by bhsadmin: 10:13pm On Jul 24, 2011
e-yah. sorry en

hmm
Re: Beware Of Etisalat 10mb Daily Plan by oluwizard(m): 11:00pm On Jul 24, 2011
After getting their data Sim their data speed very slow. pls can someone tell me the best network when it's come to data

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Etisalat 10mb Daily Plan by Nobody: 12:43am On Jul 25, 2011
oluwizard:

After getting their data Sim their data speed very slow. pls can someone tell me the best network when it's come to data

best network still remains same

mtn

etisalat steals even in d bis package too, dey just deduuct without ur permission,
Re: Beware Of Etisalat 10mb Daily Plan by Excelboi(m): 8:50am On Jul 25, 2011
Thats how i see am too oh. They keep deducting autimatically. Maybe i have to drop etisalat down and continue with my Zain or Mtn.
Re: Beware Of Etisalat 10mb Daily Plan by seunlayi(m): 9:13am On Jul 26, 2011
Their customer care is even dumb on this issue.
Re: Beware Of Etisalat 10mb Daily Plan by Babalegba(m): 8:30pm On Jul 26, 2011
I talked to a lady at customer service who said she would clear my line and since then there has been no daily 100naira deduction on my line. Anybody still having problems should talk to customer service.
Re: Beware Of Etisalat 10mb Daily Plan by andresia(m): 3:36pm On Feb 26, 2012
@op, simple text "Stop" to 229 to opt out of the daily plan. cheers
Re: Beware Of Etisalat 10mb Daily Plan by 3RNEST(m): 4:49pm On Feb 26, 2012
> Anddy i'm trying it now, hope it work!
Re: Beware Of Etisalat 10mb Daily Plan by JShama: 5:59pm On Feb 26, 2012
Etisalat has dealt with me in similar ways in the past. Since you have an option, do not hesitate to destroy the sim card and dump it in the dustbin. They are simply sucking people dry.
Re: Beware Of Etisalat 10mb Daily Plan by Anayordike(m): 6:51pm On Feb 27, 2012
Too bad Etisalat got itself into such dubious activities. I wanted to know if etisalat will work with my bb so I subscribed for the daily plan. It didn't work. I called their cc they told me I subscribed to voice data plan. Since then they have been deducting 100 Naira from my account. When I complained again to their cc one of them told me that to opt out I must dial *399*2# and I have to pay N100. I got annoyed and throw away the sim and got myself another at the rate of N200. That ends the matter. Throw away the sim and replace it with another sim for N100.
Re: Beware Of Etisalat 10mb Daily Plan by honsule(m): 6:33pm On Feb 29, 2012
Anayordike:

Too bad Etisalat got itself into such dubious activities. I wanted to know if etisalat will work with my bb so I subscribed for the daily plan. It didn't work. I called their cc they told me I subscribed to voice data plan. Since then they have been deducting 100 Naira from my account. When I complained again to their cc one of them told me that to opt out I must dial *399*2# and I have to pay N100. I got annoyed and throw away the sim and got myself another at the rate of N200. That ends the matter. Throw away the sim and replace it with another sim for N100.

u need not throw the sim away.use this code to opt out: *244*2#
Re: Beware Of Etisalat 10mb Daily Plan by arcmichael(m): 3:06pm On Jun 08, 2012
As for me Etisalat is the best network there ever was... This issue of 10mb is more a technical problem the best thing is not to even subscribe for the damn service because given to computer knowledge, once you program a computer execute a task, it sees it through to the very end and thus it has been the billing system that has been dealing with everyone who has blindly slipped into the dumb service! Face it people let us all be grateful because we all have benefited one way or the other from Etisalat and so should not cast them in such a manner. I am only stating the obvious. And instead of complaining why not just get another sim card and this time stay away from plans that are not clear or well known to you. I made the mistake with MTN and ever since, whenever I make use of the line, I can't even feel my pulse! The 10mb weekly bonus just sits still in my phone but who can I sue over a freebie? Truth is Etisalat dey try and I just can't sit and watch people say things that is not entirely true- deep down it just ain't right!

Just speaking ma mind, If I offend, then make una no vex!
Re: Beware Of Etisalat 10mb Daily Plan by akunjohn(m): 4:21am On Jun 09, 2012
Exactly what happen to you has happen to me before,when i cannot stand it again i called the customer care and he told me that iv been migrated to daily (whatever he calls it,dont remember)data plan,i was charge 100 naira before migrating back.
What i do now is im using 2 etislat sim cos their data plan is the best for me now,i dont have any problem with the network again
Re: Beware Of Etisalat 10mb Daily Plan by bendazum: 5:37am On Jun 09, 2012
oluwizard: After getting their data Sim their data speed very slow. pls can someone tell me the best network when it's come to data

IN MY OWN CASE I ONLY BROWSE AT NIGHT.I CAN'T ACCESS THEIR DATA SERVICE IN DAY TIME!!THEY HAVE SUCCEEDED IN TURNING ME INTO A NIGHT WATCH MAN.
*'HOLLAM THERE! WHERE I DEY GO?!'AS A NEWBIE I WAS EMBARRASSED AND CONFUSED ABOUT THEIR 10MB PLAN.BEFORE I COULD CALL THEM THEY HAVE ALREADY EATEN INTO MY POCKET
.THEY SHOULD REMOVE THAT AUTOMATIC TRASH!!!!!
Re: Beware Of Etisalat 10mb Daily Plan by Shygal(f): 1:07pm On Jun 09, 2012
Wel, all u nid do is text 'stop' to 229 and d automatic roll over wil stop. D fact is evry netwrk hs got its bad side bt 4me Etisalat stil remains d best wen it comes 2 browsing! Jus knw d pros' and cons' of dis ntwrks and u'll enjoy dem...

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Etisalat 10mb Daily Plan by Taiw(m): 4:30am On Jun 10, 2012
please what is etisalat settings to browse on a pc?is freegate also needed?how much do i need to recharge to access their free mb?
Re: Beware Of Etisalat 10mb Daily Plan by markotech(m): 8:00am On Jul 15, 2012
it happened to me, just text STOP to 229
Re: Beware Of Etisalat 10mb Daily Plan by mjay(m): 10:19am On Jul 15, 2012
markotech: it happened to me, just text STOP to 229
honsule:

u need not throw the sim away.use this code to opt out: *244*2#
Babalegba: Subscribing to etisalat 10mb a day plan should be totally avoided.

I subscribed to the plan for one day last week after the free 15mb ran out and since then they have been subscribing me to the plan every day even though i phoned customer services and also used *229*0# to unsubscribe,they are so devious that they always deduct first from the free 15mb and deduct from the paid for 10mb only after the free one is finished. Such thieving ways would have resulted in right arm amputation in their homeland .You have been warned, dont even think of their 10mb daily plan.I am now afraid to recharge my phone.

With so many options ETISALAT must be a confused lot, it's like they are deliberately out to confuse their customers, they prob tot 100naira will be insignificant for people. To notice the deduction, this to me is EXECUTIVE 419. Make your opt out public and easy like other network if you are not deliberately out to defraud customers.
Re: Beware Of Etisalat 10mb Daily Plan by jude33084(m): 11:05am On Jul 15, 2012
Glo is becoming very very frustraiting sad

Since the ntwork problem they had they have not been able to recover from it, I wonder what hit them sad

Upon the 3G sign I hardly open nairaland page angry

Plsss any helppppp
Re: Beware Of Etisalat 10mb Daily Plan by adanny01(m): 3:07pm On Oct 21, 2012
Etisalats plans are all auto renew, which means that all the plans do the same thing as long as u have the amount for the plan u are on. Even the 100mb is not left out of this.
I had the same issue the first time i did that plan wicht i called the customer care.
To opt out any of their auto renewal plans dail *229*0*0#.
Sure u use ur data before u do that or do before the expiry date and time.
Re: Beware Of Etisalat 10mb Daily Plan by adanny01(m): 3:08pm On Oct 21, 2012
Etisalats plans are all auto renew, which means that all the plans do the same thing as long as u have the amount for the plan u are on. Even the 100mb is not left out of this.
I had the same issue the first time i did that plan wicht i called the customer care.
Re: Beware Of Etisalat 10mb Daily Plan by Ligxy(f): 8:25am On Oct 23, 2012
I subscribed for the 100naira daily plan around 7p.m ystday and i opted out of auto renewal trash. i was surprised that by 12a.m my bundle has expired and i've not even used up to 3mb. Etisalat might be good in some ways but they are fraudulent!
Re: Beware Of Etisalat 10mb Daily Plan by Awanja(m): 12:24pm On Nov 08, 2012
Chineke am a victim too
Re: Beware Of Etisalat 10mb Daily Plan by ellenora: 12:33am On Jan 10, 2013
andresia: @op, simple text "Stop" to 229 to opt out of the daily plan. cheers
This is fraud,how can they be using that as a means to extort money from their customers.all d telecommunication companies in nigeria ar al fraudulent.shame!am also a victim of dat thou no solution yet,stil on dat frustrating xperience
Re: Beware Of Etisalat 10mb Daily Plan by ibietela2(m): 7:26am On Jan 11, 2013
N0TE: This Etisalat 10MB which 24hrs its not for 24hrs on etisalat network. Your remaining mb will be removed by 12AM
Re: Beware Of Etisalat 10mb Daily Plan by Babanhajiya(m): 8:22am On Jan 11, 2013
adanny01: Etisalats plans are all auto renew, which means that all the plans do the same thing as long as u have the amount for the plan u are on. Even the 100mb is not left out of this.
even if you dial *229*0*0# or send STOP in an sms to 229 they will reply with operation failed pls try again later and their CC reps are not helping matters they are not picking calls.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Has Experienced This New Style Of Fraud / Let's See Your Phone Home-screen (screenshot) / Whatsapp Postpones Usage Deadline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.