Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

Stolen Artefacts: British Police Hold On To Ife Head Stolen From Nigeria (pic) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stolen Artefacts: British Police Hold On To Ife Head Stolen From Nigeria (pic) (56751 Views)

Don’t Allow Obaseki Take Custody Of 1,130 Stolen Artefacts - Oba Of Benin To FG / Police Hold Peace Meting With Oba And Eze Ndigbo After Election Crisis In Okota / Restructuring: Politicians Gather In Awka To Discuss The Future Of Nigeria (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stolen Artefacts: British Police Hold On To Ife Head Stolen From Nigeria (pic) by Truejihadistont: 8:38am On Jun 27, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Listen to yaself..what happened when the white strolled into ya country and invaded the whole place and palace..? grin

You can't tell...

So just try it yourself first grin
Re: Stolen Artefacts: British Police Hold On To Ife Head Stolen From Nigeria (pic) by AlphaTaikun: 8:52am On Jun 27, 2022
dre11:
The antique dealer has refused to hand the bronze head back to Nigerian officials insisting on being paid for a certain amount of money but Nigeria insists that it will not pay for what is originally hers.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/539287-stolen-artefacts-british-police-hold-on-to-ife-head-stolen-from-nigeria.html
Re: Stolen Artefacts: British Police Hold On To Ife Head Stolen From Nigeria (pic) by Nobody: 8:54am On Jun 27, 2022
Wailers are wailing
Jokers are joking
Watchers are watching
The takers are taking... Na u know which side u dey. So long humanity exists, these things will continue to happen.
Re: Stolen Artefacts: British Police Hold On To Ife Head Stolen From Nigeria (pic) by HarlequinLekex: 9:30am On Jun 27, 2022
That is a cool business if u need it pay for it or forget it.When Nigeria doesn't know how to manage things they wil surely pay to get stolen items back
Re: Stolen Artefacts: British Police Hold On To Ife Head Stolen From Nigeria (pic) by Thomasankara(m): 3:30pm On Jun 27, 2022
dre11:
The antique dealer has refused to hand the bronze head back to Nigerian officials insisting on being paid for a certain amount of money but Nigeria insists that it will not pay for what is originally hers.

What is Ife head finding in jos Museum,honestly this federalism of a thing na scam angry

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/539287-stolen-artefacts-british-police-hold-on-to-ife-head-stolen-from-nigeria.html
Re: Stolen Artefacts: British Police Hold On To Ife Head Stolen From Nigeria (pic) by Thomasankara(m): 3:35pm On Jun 27, 2022
oz4real83:
Despite the countless jujus in all the traditional palaces in Nigeria, the white men just came and ransacked the palaces and in some cases burnt down the palaces without the jujus doing anything embarassed. But if Nigerians should do the same thing, then you will see the real powers of these jujus cheesy cheesy grin. Just imagine a situation where somebody who is in possession of a stolen property that the jujus were supposed to be protecting is requesting for the worshippers of such jujus to come and pay some money before he releases such property to them shocked, It seems the powers of these jujus work only locally. undecided
Basically, Africans have these gods, but don't know right channels to communicate with them, the western world is more inclined on better ways to communicate with them.
Re: Stolen Artefacts: British Police Hold On To Ife Head Stolen From Nigeria (pic) by Thomasankara(m): 3:36pm On Jun 27, 2022
Juicygees:
African JuJu no dey work for Whitey in those days.. isn't that strange

Oyinbo sef master of sorcery.
Re: Stolen Artefacts: British Police Hold On To Ife Head Stolen From Nigeria (pic) by Popesuccess(m): 4:51pm On Jun 27, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Do you have a head..it was auctioned..if anyone is gonna get arrested it will be the British government not the dude..

You have to read and comprehend..not whining like a dumbo... auctioned and he bought it..not in black market..he bought it directly with a huge amount of money...what nonsense are you still blabbing?
Wow! The way you are insulting over this issue one will think i slept with your wife or kill your child. Sorry o, forgive my lack of head, and may God Bless your head in Jesus Name, your head will not carry Shame in Jesus Name. Have a Blessing filled day.
Re: Stolen Artefacts: British Police Hold On To Ife Head Stolen From Nigeria (pic) by macof(m): 5:53pm On Jun 27, 2022
oz4real83:
your comment showed how stupid and ignorant you are, you just opened that trap you call mouth even without understanding the issue of discuss. I never called art juju in my statement. I called it "STOLEN PROPERTY" that the jujus were supposed to protect". Your level of ignorance
and stupidity is unprecedented.
See this fool.
Mouth? I didn't know I type with my mouth grin cheesy

When you have stupidity in your useless dna I don't expect anything more.
Art is juju cheesy cheesy what a slowpoke
Re: Stolen Artefacts: British Police Hold On To Ife Head Stolen From Nigeria (pic) by Jaqenhghar: 5:59pm On Jun 27, 2022
BigBashiru:

That's history according to the white man.... ur a lost cause....
Dont be quick to judge harshly. During my undergrad days I did some research for some scholars on the relatio ship between traditional leaders and the colonialists. There were letters that aligns with what he is saying. If you go to Arewa house in Kaduna there is a letter from one traditional leader to the white man saying if the colonialists wanted him to stop calturing and selling slaves they will have to pay him as well as provide him weapons.... something like 2 cannons among other stuff. No be today we begin sell our own.
My own is I can forgive our ancestors becaue rhey didnt understand the white man and his ways. Now nko. With all the exposure it's still sad to see Niggerians selli g out their own for a handshake or a selfie. At least in those days they exchanged artifacts for weapons and goods.
Re: Stolen Artefacts: British Police Hold On To Ife Head Stolen From Nigeria (pic) by TAO11(f): 11:29am On Jun 28, 2022
@dre11

The picture of an Ifẹ masterpiece of bronze sculpture (The Head of Ifẹ) shown on page 1 is not the stolen Ifẹ piece in question.

Check out the next two comments
Re: Stolen Artefacts: British Police Hold On To Ife Head Stolen From Nigeria (pic) by TAO11(f): 11:36am On Jun 28, 2022
dre11

The three screenshots below highlights the actual Ifẹ sculpture in question.

Cheers.

Re: Stolen Artefacts: British Police Hold On To Ife Head Stolen From Nigeria (pic) by TAO11(f): 11:42am On Jun 28, 2022
dre11

Valued as at Jan. 2017 to be worth £20m ($24.5m).

Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Dies While Removing Okorocha's Project In Imo (Photos) / Gbenga Daniel Daughter Kehinde's Wedding: Jonathan, Patience, Osinbajo Attend / Flooding: White Man Paddling His Canoe In Victoria Island, Lagos (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.