Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,841 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:02 AM

Image Data Collection Gig - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Image Data Collection Gig (760 Views)

I Just Lost An Upwork Gig Because Of NEPA / My UI/UX Design Collection / Academind Course Collection By Maximilian Schwarzmuller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Image Data Collection Gig by ibromodzi: 7:32am On Jun 27, 2022
If you have a phone with a good camera (min. 12mp) and you'll like to work on an image data collection gig, this post is for you.

An AI based company is currently working on a project named 'NEBULA PROJECT DATA COLLECTION FOR 1800 HUMAN IMAGES'.
In this project, we need to collect the images of people having shadow on the face or on other part of the body from Africa. The total number of images needed is 415.

Note: you are to take these images using your phone camera, you are not allowed to download them.

The rate per image is $0.2, if you think this is for you, you can send a mail here. techmaniac4991@gmail.com
Re: Image Data Collection Gig by rottable(m): 7:59am On Jun 27, 2022
ibromodzi:
If you have a phone with a good camera (min. 12mp) and you'll like to work on an image data collection gig, this post is for you.

An AI based company is currently working on a project named 'NEBULA PROJECT DATA COLLECTION FOR 1800 HUMAN IMAGES'.
In this project, we need to collect the images of people having shadow on the face or on other part of the body from Africa. The total number of images needed is 415.

Note: you are to take these images using your phone camera, you are not allowed to download them.

The rate per image is $0.2, if you think this is for you, you can send a mail here. techmaniac4991@gmail.com

I should meet people and take their pictures in Nigeria?
Re: Image Data Collection Gig by Deicide: 12:53pm On Jun 27, 2022
See slave work 0.2$ that's approximately 50k for the stress of meeting a lot of people and taking their permission to get a photo of them.
Re: Image Data Collection Gig by BRATISLAVA: 10:07pm On Jun 28, 2022
Deicide:
See slave work 0.2$ that's approximately 50k for the stress of meeting a lot of people and taking their permission to get a photo of them.

Subcontracting isn't criminal.
Re: Image Data Collection Gig by airsaylongcome: 1:17am On Jun 29, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

Subcontracting isn't criminal.

At 20cents per image, op should go to Oshodi. There are more than 500 people there at any given time.

1 Like

Re: Image Data Collection Gig by BRATISLAVA: 10:17am On Jun 29, 2022
airsaylongcome:

At 20cents per image, op should go to Oshodi. There are more than 500 people there at any given time.

Lol.

Cutthroat pricing, exploitative but not criminal.
Re: Image Data Collection Gig by airsaylongcome: 10:53am On Jun 29, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

Lol.

They should use the knife and cut their throat. And I'm almost certain the original job will be fairly priced. You want someone to take a high resolution camera (meaning a decently priced phone), go and talk to 415 random "models", convince them to take their pictures under specific poses, not pay the models, pay the photographer less than $100 for all that work. Let that AI project die by fire

4 Likes

Re: Image Data Collection Gig by ibromodzi: 1:51pm On Jun 29, 2022
airsaylongcome:

They should use the knife and cut their throat. And I'm almost certain the original job will be fairly priced. You want someone to take a high resolution camera (meaning a decently priced phone), go and talk to 415 random "models", convince them to take their pictures under specific poses, not pay the models, pay the photographer less than $100 for all that work. Let that AI project die by fire

You know you can always engage without throwing insults. And about the original job being fairly priced, you have no idea what you are talking about.
Re: Image Data Collection Gig by ibromodzi: 1:52pm On Jun 29, 2022
Deicide:
If the job is not meant for you please look away.
Re: Image Data Collection Gig by ibromodzi: 1:53pm On Jun 29, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

Lol.

Exploitative you said? You are very wrong on that one. Have a nice day.
Re: Image Data Collection Gig by airsaylongcome: 2:10pm On Jun 29, 2022
ibromodzi:

You know you can always engage without throwing insults. And about the original job being fairly priced, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Apologies if you found my comments insulting. I've "known" Bratislava here for a bit hence my engagement with them.

About your pricing, you are right that since I don't have any idea 8what you are being paid for this, I should not be criticising you. But if your 20c per image is afl fair offering based on what you are being paid, then your employers need to be bathed with colourful insults. Would they pay such amount for an American engaged in the same task? It's a lot of work involved. Ensuring your phone camera meets requirements. Engaging and convincing the models and all the work. It's a lot of work for 20c per image. But hey, don't let my pessimism hamper you. It's easy to criticise
Re: Image Data Collection Gig by ibromodzi: 2:23pm On Jun 29, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Apologies if you found my comments insulting. I've "known" Bratislava here for a bit hence my engagement with them.

About your pricing, you are right that since I don't have any idea 8what you are being paid for this, I should not be criticising you. But if your 20c per image is afl fair offering based on what you are being paid, then your employers need to be bathed with colourful insults. Would they pay such amount for an American engaged in the same task? It's a lot of work involved. Ensuring your phone camera meets requirements. Engaging and convincing the models and all the work. It's a lot of work for 20c per image. But hey, don't let my pessimism hamper you. It's easy to criticise

Apologies accepted. I don't do works like this. It was just a random invitation from Upwork. I didn't have much idea about the gig before accepting the invitation. After getting to know more about the gig, I told the person I can't work with them but he pleaded that I help him get people who can work on it. I knew it's not an easy task but I just gave it a second thought that someone might be interested so I came here to post it.

You'll be surprised to know that I'm not even getting a dime from this. The original price is 0.2$ and you know Upwork rate is 20% which makes the rate .2$
Re: Image Data Collection Gig by airsaylongcome: 2:27pm On Jun 29, 2022
ibromodzi:

Apologies accepted. I don't do works like this. It was just a random invitation from Upwork. I didn't have much idea about the gig before accepting the invitation. After getting to know more about the gig, I told the person I can't work with them but he pleaded that I help him get people who can work on it. I knew it's not an easy task but I just gave it a second thought that someone might be interested so I came here to post it.

You'll be surprised to know that I'm not even getting a dime from this. The original price is 0.2$ and you know Upwork rate is 20% which makes the rate .2$

Hmmmmmm. This one fit accept your JSS o. Good you have now put all the information on the table. Those interested would certainly contact you
Re: Image Data Collection Gig by ibromodzi: 2:50pm On Jun 29, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Hmmmmmm. This one fit accept your JSS o. Good you have now put all the information on the table. Those interested would certainly contact you
That's why I put the rate so that anyone applying would know what they are getting into.

Re: Image Data Collection Gig by BRATISLAVA: 5:33pm On Jun 29, 2022
airsaylongcome:

LMAO.

It's one of the throatiest ones I've seen, but as you said, a high density area with people who don't think you want to use their pics for the usual voodoo.

Mishra knows.
Re: Image Data Collection Gig by BRATISLAVA: 5:36pm On Jun 29, 2022
ibromodzi:

Exploitative you said? You are very wrong on that one. Have a nice day.

Okay. The price is quite nice. It's not criminal.
Re: Image Data Collection Gig by BRATISLAVA: 5:37pm On Jun 29, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Honestly!

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Wordpress Designer / This Article Was Generated Completely By An AI Called Chatgpt. / Need Ur Help Out There

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.