Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,235 members, 7,807,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

Bus Driver Dies After Speeding To Beat Traffic Light In Lekki - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bus Driver Dies After Speeding To Beat Traffic Light In Lekki (42806 Views)

UNILORIN Commercial Bus Driver Dies While Driving / Man Who Beat Traffic Light In Lagos Got A ₦20K Penalty Text Message / The Manual “traffic Light” That Was Used In Lagos In The 1940s (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bus Driver Dies After Speeding To Beat Traffic Light In Lekki by BadNews: 1:19pm On Jun 27, 2022
The Driver of a bus plying the Lekki-Ajah route in Lagos died at the weekend near Marwa Bus Stop.

His Volkswagen bus rammed into a black Toyota Highlander as he tried to beat traffic light.

A Number of passengers in the bus sustained injuries and were taken to the hospital.

Lagos Commander, Federal Road Safety Corps, Olusegun Ogungbemigbe confirmed the accident on Sunday.

Ogungbemigbe explained that the impact of the accident made the commercial bus somersault.

“Unfortunately, the bus driver died, while several passengers were injured and taken to a hospital.

“The victims were already rescued by the Lekki Concession Company before the arrival of men of the FRSC.”

The official added that the bus was recovered with the aid of LCC tow truck.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2022/06/27/bus-driver-dies-after-speeding-to-beat-traffic-light-in-lekki/

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bus Driver Dies After Speeding To Beat Traffic Light In Lekki by Zonefree(m): 1:21pm On Jun 27, 2022
Now traffic don beat am.

God rest his soul.

136 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bus Driver Dies After Speeding To Beat Traffic Light In Lekki by Rastaramsey(m): 1:23pm On Jun 27, 2022
Sometimes I no dey feel remorse for those guys undecided undecided

Anytime they Don dey on 2 puffs of weed, them go dey misbehave undecided undecided

Make I drop one instance....

Around that 2014 world cup, Nigeria and Argentina played....
One niggar was rushing home to watch the game....
Naso he go kill person as a result of over speeding......

Mhen those drivers enh....

Them be case...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bus Driver Dies After Speeding To Beat Traffic Light In Lekki by BadNews: 1:28pm On Jun 27, 2022
Zonefree:
Now traffic don beat am.

God rest his soul.

See More Bad News Via www.. Com
Re: Bus Driver Dies After Speeding To Beat Traffic Light In Lekki by DispatcherLagos: 1:37pm On Jun 27, 2022
They always do this. That was how the one I was in nearly hit those barricades at Marwa round about while trying to beat the traffic light.

10 Likes

Re: Bus Driver Dies After Speeding To Beat Traffic Light In Lekki by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:41pm On Jun 27, 2022
Only God knows what Lagos commercial bus drivers take every morning before taking over the wheel's

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bus Driver Dies After Speeding To Beat Traffic Light In Lekki by Zonefree(m): 1:43pm On Jun 27, 2022
BadNews:

I rebuke you, Insha Allah!

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bus Driver Dies After Speeding To Beat Traffic Light In Lekki by Jay5mie: 1:54pm On Jun 27, 2022
angry
Re: Bus Driver Dies After Speeding To Beat Traffic Light In Lekki by Jay5mie: 1:54pm On Jun 27, 2022
BadNews:

angry

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bus Driver Dies After Speeding To Beat Traffic Light In Lekki by KillerBeauty(f): 2:20pm On Jun 27, 2022
They are always doing this. Always in a rush to beat traffic light. Person go enter danfo go dey fear as if na death sentence. RIP to the driver.

11 Likes

Re: Bus Driver Dies After Speeding To Beat Traffic Light In Lekki by ednut1(m): 5:03pm On Jun 27, 2022
Last time i was in Nigeria. I nearly hit a dispatch rider on that road. They will never obey traffic alongside the danfo drivers. Thank God it was not an innocent passenger he killed with his stupidity.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bus Driver Dies After Speeding To Beat Traffic Light In Lekki by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:48pm On Jun 27, 2022
too bad
Re: Bus Driver Dies After Speeding To Beat Traffic Light In Lekki by Seyiemath(m): 7:30pm On Jun 27, 2022
Usain bolt
Re: Bus Driver Dies After Speeding To Beat Traffic Light In Lekki by paskal16: 7:30pm On Jun 27, 2022
Horrible way to die
Where you dey rush go.. afterlife?
Re: Bus Driver Dies After Speeding To Beat Traffic Light In Lekki by Gistville: 7:31pm On Jun 27, 2022
Oh my goodness. I can't count how many times I've gotten down from a commercial bus in the past to take another one, due to their excessive speeding. The other passengers won't even send you when you complain about the driver's overspeeding.
My friend took an interstate bus and the driver was speeding like someone who is possessed. She complained and other passengers asked her to calm down, that she is overreacting. Few minutes later, they have a serious accident. Some passengers lost their legs and sustained serious injuries. She only had a scratch.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bus Driver Dies After Speeding To Beat Traffic Light In Lekki by Daniluv1(m): 7:32pm On Jun 27, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Bus Driver Dies After Speeding To Beat Traffic Light In Lekki by Tomek09(m): 7:32pm On Jun 27, 2022
RIP.... Continue beating traffic over there on the other side.

1 Like

Re: Bus Driver Dies After Speeding To Beat Traffic Light In Lekki by kevweflex(m): 7:33pm On Jun 27, 2022
BadNews:

Not interested in Bad news. Sorry

2 Likes

Re: Bus Driver Dies After Speeding To Beat Traffic Light In Lekki by Iseoluwani: 7:33pm On Jun 27, 2022
Eni re lo

1 Like

Re: Bus Driver Dies After Speeding To Beat Traffic Light In Lekki by dododawa1: 7:33pm On Jun 27, 2022
BeeBeeOoh:
Only God knows what Lagos commercial bus drivers take every morning before taking over the wheel's
refined chemical with weed+ shepe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bus Driver Dies After Speeding To Beat Traffic Light In Lekki by DAwest7: 7:34pm On Jun 27, 2022
paskal16:
Horrible way to die
Where you dey rush go.. afterlife?
e sharply reach islamabad
Re: Bus Driver Dies After Speeding To Beat Traffic Light In Lekki by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:34pm On Jun 27, 2022
His Volkswagen bus rammed into a black Toyota Highlander as he tried to beat traffic light.
All these avoidable and unnecessary deaths need to stop right now.
Our drivers need a total re-orientation.
What a sad news.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bus Driver Dies After Speeding To Beat Traffic Light In Lekki by Ultimas: 7:35pm On Jun 27, 2022
What a tragedy! The haste has landed him in the other side of the world.

1 Like

Re: Bus Driver Dies After Speeding To Beat Traffic Light In Lekki by TriCee: 7:35pm On Jun 27, 2022
Drivers that ply Lekki route do this alot though. The way they rush to beat the traffic lights. You'd thing they're travelling to heaven.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bus Driver Dies After Speeding To Beat Traffic Light In Lekki by SeeHim: 7:36pm On Jun 27, 2022
Cha E!
Re: Bus Driver Dies After Speeding To Beat Traffic Light In Lekki by dejio42(m): 7:36pm On Jun 27, 2022
Traffic overtake ham
Re: Bus Driver Dies After Speeding To Beat Traffic Light In Lekki by demzey(m): 7:37pm On Jun 27, 2022
I saw this accident on my way to work that Saturday, I was pretty much sure that was the driver I saw on the floor, as the driver seat axis was filled with blood, he must have died instantly

Most of these drivers don't obey traffic light on that road at all especially before 7a.m... light shows red, they'll just zoom past
Re: Bus Driver Dies After Speeding To Beat Traffic Light In Lekki by Mindlog: 7:38pm On Jun 27, 2022
Speed kills.
Re: Bus Driver Dies After Speeding To Beat Traffic Light In Lekki by Vincyman: 7:38pm On Jun 27, 2022
May his soul rest in peace. May also those injured be healed in Jesus Christ Name

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above / The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo / Heavy Rain Causes Terrible Accident In Ebonyi,many Dead,others Injured(graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.