Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,866 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

Question For Ladies And Gents - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Question For Ladies And Gents (607 Views)

Ladies And Gents, Would You Allow Your Sister Leave The House Dressed Like This? / What Age Is Best For Marriage For Ladies And Guys? Your Opinion... / Ladies And Gents, Who Is To Be Blamed For This Konjification {pix} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question For Ladies And Gents by r231(m): 4:20pm On Jul 24, 2011
Considering the population of single ladies around today, and single guys who feel a lot has to be achieved before getting married,

For Guys, will you blame it on the fact that ladies are truly materialistic these days or

For ladies, do you think guys are just having wrong impression

What happened to the will of God, bone of your bone and building a life together?
Re: Question For Ladies And Gents by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 24, 2011
I do not blame it on anything.

The world is coming to an end that's all. End sign.
Re: Question For Ladies And Gents by maclatunji: 4:39pm On Jul 24, 2011
People just learnt that when poverty walks in at the door, love flies out of the window.
Re: Question For Ladies And Gents by pendo89(f): 4:56pm On Jul 24, 2011
Op
we go through different dispensations but that does not change the will of God for humanity at all.
The reason we are what we are today is as a result of our own failures/succeses.
I think humans are just becoming wiser by the day and each can chose what they want,[b]when [/b]they want,[b]if [/b]they want and [b]how [/b]they want it.
The will of God is never forced so there's no sin in remaining single or marrying.
Just enjoy your status while it lasts.
Re: Question For Ladies And Gents by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 24, 2011
Ladies are raising the bar and guys are disqualifying themselves. Ladies would normally want to marry a guy who is richer, taller, older and more educated with bright prospects. But ladies also take time to pursue education and career, get the jobs that guys could catch to qualify as husband material. So generally, you have so many successful ladies who are ready chasing so few successful men while the rest of the struggling class are not ready.
Re: Question For Ladies And Gents by Nayah(f): 5:05pm On Jul 24, 2011
Poster the real problem is about generalization, people are not coming in package but individually, as far as they don't get this they might always been mistaken
Re: Question For Ladies And Gents by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 24, 2011
pendo89:

Op
we go through different dispensations but that does not change the will of God for humanity at all.
The reason we are what we are today is as a result of our own failures/success.
I think humans are just becoming wiser by the day and each can chose what they want,[b]when [/b]they want,[b]if [/b]they want and [b]how [/b]they want it.
The will of God is never forced so there's no sin in remaining single or marrying.
Just enjoy your status while it lasts.

I agree with you that marriage should be a thing of choice. We are allowing Society too much liberty in our lives. Society makes choice as to if, who and when we should marry. Society decides the number and sex of our children. If you can say no to Society and choose not to marry, I don't think that there is anything wrong with that. If religious philosophy tells you that God says that you should marry tell the philosophy to ask God to show you that land that he asked you to possess, fill and hold in subjugation. However, I feel that we are still too weak to challenge Society, and until we do, part of the reason for late marriages are economic and social.
Re: Question For Ladies And Gents by claremont(m): 5:19pm On Jul 24, 2011
Marriage is a concept that has been over-hyped. The African culture makes people believe that it takes marriage for an adult to be fulfilled in life, that is absolutely ridiculous! The same African culture will say that God has some form of role in choosing a wife/husband for an individual, me thinks God has much more better things to do wherever he is than concern himself with whoever is marrying whomever. Anyone who believes in marriage should marry, those who don't believe in it should have intimate partners, life is too short for us to bother ourselves with frivolities.
Re: Question For Ladies And Gents by pendo89(f): 5:44pm On Jul 24, 2011
^^
If you are not fulfilled as a single person you will never be fulfilled as a married person.That is my belief.
You are not any less an individual just cz you are single. Besides not everybody can be married.That is also very biblical.
Some dude called paul never married but he had a thing called a 'thorn in the flesh'. That is a whole chapter.
If you choose singlehood well and good if you marry its your choice.just live life to the fullest.

A question to Kiita
Does the society define you? Do you become an outcast the moment you decide to defy the society?
We yield to the society but when we cry the society laughs at us!!
Re: Question For Ladies And Gents by Mynd44: 4:44am On Jul 25, 2011
Hmmm
Re: Question For Ladies And Gents by iice(f): 8:34am On Jul 25, 2011
Don't need to blame men or women. We all take the blame.
I agree with pendo, it's up to the person.
Just as i agree with Kita Tita, even though we'd want people to decide by themselves, society has a long arm and people don't always have the grit to go against society.
Re: Question For Ladies And Gents by 190: 8:59am On Jul 25, 2011
r231:

Considering the population of single ladies around today, and single guys who feel a lot has to be achieved before getting married,

For Guys, will you blame it on the fact that ladies are truly materialistic these days or

For ladies, do you think guys are just having wrong impression

What happened to the will of God, bone of your bone and building a life together?
undecided undecided
Re: Question For Ladies And Gents by MrsChima(f): 11:00am On Jul 25, 2011
There is no reason why people are single or married. It is not important in life that someone must be married or remain single.

I am more focusing on the recession and America being targeted by the Islamic world since Osama was murdered.

(1) (Reply)

In Search Of Love / Are You As Inviting As Jennifer Hudson? / Guys,gifts And Motvies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.