Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of APC Chieftain Gulak , Others In Imo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of APC Chieftain Gulak , Others In Imo (26747 Views)

Photos From Scene Of Ahmed Gulak's Assassination (Graphic) / Ahmed Gulak Shot Dead In Owerri / Okorocha: Ahmed Gulak 'I Refused $2m Bribe To Rig Imo APC Governorship Primary' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of APC Chieftain Gulak , Others In Imo by Lurdmax10: 3:03pm On Jun 27, 2022
Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of APC Chieftain Gulak, Others In Imo
Eyitope Kuteyi  
Updated June 27, 2022

These suspects were paraded at the Police Command headquarters in Owerri, Imo State on June 27, 2022.

Police authorities in Imo State say they have arrested one of the suspected killers of a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Ahmed Gulak.

Mr Mike Abattam, the Public Relations Officer of the Imo State Police Command, disclosed this while briefing reporters on Monday in Owerri, the state capital.

The suspect identified as Anosike Chimobi from Ahiazu Mbaise Local Government Area (LGA) of the state was apprehended one year after Gulak’s death.

Gulak, a former aide to former President Goodluck Jonathan, was murdered by a group of armed men on May 30, 2021, during a visit to Imo State.

He was reportedly trailed from his hotel room to the spot where he was killed around Umueze Obiangwu in Ngor-Okpala LGA, close to the Sam Mbakwe Airport Road in Owerri.

Parading the suspects alongside others, Abattam said Chimobi had been on the trail of the command since the killing of Gulak last year.

He stated that the suspect escaped during a gun battle between police personnel and his gang members at Aboh Mbaise shortly after the murder of the APC chieftain where five of the suspects were killed.

Chimobi, who also spoke with reporters, claimed to be a commercial bus driver and not a member of the criminal gang.

He said Gulak’s killers approached him to convey them in his vehicle and he attempted to resist, but later gave in after they threatened to kill him]/b].

[b]The suspect admitted that he drove the criminals to the spot and blocked Gulak’s vehicle which was on its way to the airport

According to him, they shot the APC chieftain after he resisted the demand by the gunmen that he should come down from the vehicle.

Chimobi explained that the assailants later ran into a team of security operatives who shot repeatedly at the other vehicle conveying them until it somersaulted and caught fire.

The command’s spokesman said that the police have also arrested other suspected criminals who have been terrorising communities in Imo.

He explained that among those paraded were members of the gang who burnt the home of the President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Professor George Obiozor.

Some of the items recovered from the suspects paraded by the police include guns of different calibre, assorted charms, and a live snake, among others.

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/06/27/police-arrest-suspected-killer-of-apc-chieftain-gulak-others-in-imo

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of APC Chieftain Gulak , Others In Imo by Xscape1993(m): 3:05pm On Jun 27, 2022
He who kill by the sword shall die by the sword...I can not take lives because I can not make lives...

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of APC Chieftain Gulak , Others In Imo by TONY042(m): 3:06pm On Jun 27, 2022
Justice will always prevail.

Hello people, have you been wondering what affiliate marketing is all about, or you're already into affiliate marketing but not making good sales. Well, I've something for you, hit the link on my signature to secure the "The Complete Done-for-you Sales System for Affiliates"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of APC Chieftain Gulak , Others In Imo by LeoDeKing: 3:07pm On Jun 27, 2022
I thought ipob pigs claim the killers are fulani herdsmen and dss? angry

Ipob pigs are the same animals taking Meth killing innocent citizens but blaming fulani herdsmen and dss.

Stealing pots of soup, Stealing onions, kidnapping and killing of royal families, burning of police stations and vehicles etc.

Their online partners in crime will soon start telling us these arrested criminals were just out to preach to gospel, they are innocent.

Ipob pigs are worse than terrorists.

161 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of APC Chieftain Gulak , Others In Imo by Frigga13: 3:10pm On Jun 27, 2022
Good

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of APC Chieftain Gulak , Others In Imo by Abdul05: 3:11pm On Jun 27, 2022
What is the meaning of all these lifeless charms that couldn't protect them from being caught...? grin

Admittedly,
They entrusted their lives with it inorder to take risk that could be disastrous abi. grin

But,
What do we realize at the end ... Disaster cut them to size.. grin grin grin

157 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of APC Chieftain Gulak , Others In Imo by LeoDeKing: 3:11pm On Jun 27, 2022
Ifearnoevil:
The police in their own language said the killing was done by a criminal gang, so what is Biafran flag doing in the picture.
So who are the criminal gangs in the south east if not the ipob pigs screaming biafuro or death? angry

127 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of APC Chieftain Gulak , Others In Imo by OVB123: 3:19pm On Jun 27, 2022
He should be made to face the law.
Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of APC Chieftain Gulak , Others In Imo by DaniDani(m): 3:23pm On Jun 27, 2022
This story just doesn't add up. If someone was driving his bus for town service shuttling and ran into gunmen who ordered him to carry them to a location under gun point, only to get there and assassinate someone, how is he supposed to be the kller? There should be proper investigation to ascertain whether what he said is the truth, if it's, he's a victim of circumstance.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of APC Chieftain Gulak , Others In Imo by Factcheck0001: 3:28pm On Jun 27, 2022
Just watch how they will become innocent Igbo youths now

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of APC Chieftain Gulak , Others In Imo by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:33pm On Jun 27, 2022
Good development.

According to him, they shot the APC chieftain after he resisted the demand by the gunmen that he should come down from the vehicle.
Wickedness of the highest order.
Very wicked devils, murderers, cannibals and swines.
Devil kill all terrorists and their supporters in this nation.
Evil deaths aways all of una

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of APC Chieftain Gulak , Others In Imo by ozoebuka1(m): 3:34pm On Jun 27, 2022
cheesy

Avoid crime as much as you can

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of APC Chieftain Gulak , Others In Imo by lloydtruth: 3:34pm On Jun 27, 2022
Hmmmm
Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of APC Chieftain Gulak , Others In Imo by money121(m): 3:34pm On Jun 27, 2022
Ok
Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of APC Chieftain Gulak , Others In Imo by Dshocker(m): 3:34pm On Jun 27, 2022
Another innocent citizen was arrested and they had to transfer the case for him head...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of APC Chieftain Gulak , Others In Imo by YoungLionken(m): 3:34pm On Jun 27, 2022
That's a good one from the NPF..

Gulak was gruesomely murdered yet, no national crisis/protest/awareness. But let it be the opposite, the next thing you hear would be " let's divide the country, we are being marginalized.."

I just believe in Obi to really deliver when he gets there though...

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of APC Chieftain Gulak , Others In Imo by gozmok1(m): 3:34pm On Jun 27, 2022
Who am I?

I ran away from my village to claim Lagos as my homeland
I lied about my actual age and educational qualifications
I have monopoly over all IGR in Lagos
I have my urchins that rob and harass people in Lagos traffic
I sent soldiers to shoot civilians who were protesting for their human rights only to flee from the country hours after committing the act

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of APC Chieftain Gulak , Others In Imo by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 27, 2022
Why can't the police arrest bandits or Fulani herdsmen bandits who are killing people in the villages across the country?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of APC Chieftain Gulak , Others In Imo by NotKnown: 3:35pm On Jun 27, 2022
E Don be for some people
Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of APC Chieftain Gulak , Others In Imo by Dailymice: 3:35pm On Jun 27, 2022
cheesy
Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of APC Chieftain Gulak , Others In Imo by Proudlyomonna: 3:35pm On Jun 27, 2022
Very very good
On Chukwu kere Eligwe na Uwa if you are an ipob,esn,ugm,killer dss,killer fulani,kidnapper etc carrying guns and disturbing the peace of Imo State and SE at large,your destruction will come very soon.
I Stand with Peter Obi.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of APC Chieftain Gulak , Others In Imo by Sunshyne200(m): 3:35pm On Jun 27, 2022
DaniDani:
This story just doesn't add up. If someone was driving his bus for town service shuttling and ran into gunmen who ordered him to carry them to a location under gun point, only to get there and assassinate someone, how is he supposed to be the kller? There should be proper investigation to ascertain whether what he said is the truth, if it's, he's a victim of circumstance.

Did he in any way after then go to the police to report the case and give any useful information or since then they have been threatening him?

6 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of APC Chieftain Gulak , Others In Imo by akanbiaa(m): 3:36pm On Jun 27, 2022
Good news, they should male sure they transfer the suspected killer to the North and Gulak's home town or Yola for the court hearing.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of APC Chieftain Gulak , Others In Imo by Ifearnoevil: 3:36pm On Jun 27, 2022
The police in their own language said the killing was done by a criminal gang, so what is Biafran flag doing in the picture.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of APC Chieftain Gulak , Others In Imo by kenedy175(m): 3:36pm On Jun 27, 2022
They should all face the full wrath of the law.

Why take a life you can't give?

I just hope all those terrorizing the south east be caught this way and brought forward for justice

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of APC Chieftain Gulak , Others In Imo by Klington: 3:36pm On Jun 27, 2022
grin grin grin

This country na cruise I swear. The same police told us that they caught all the people involved in that dastard act where they were sharing onions and they killed all of them and even burnt the vehicle they used for the operation.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of APC Chieftain Gulak , Others In Imo by Iceman2017(m): 3:37pm On Jun 27, 2022
They must find a way to bring in IPOB to it, that's why they have to put newly printed Biafra flag.

The hatred these jihadist in security uniforms are brewing will consume them all.

They are looking for means to justify the killings and destruction of properties of innocent citizens.

8 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of APC Chieftain Gulak , Others In Imo by Angelfrost(m): 3:37pm On Jun 27, 2022
You commit a heinous crime like murder in a state, and still remain in that state... Una get mind Sha!

Well, it's because we don't have properly functioning law enforcement.

In a serious nation, you can't even hide anywhere in the same country.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Killer Of APC Chieftain Gulak , Others In Imo by bigdammyj: 3:37pm On Jun 27, 2022
Okay.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos Of Governor Ambode At The Experience 2017 / Why Buhari Didn't Notify Senate Before Suspending CJN - Sagay / Zabarmari Massacre: 38 More Corpses Recovered On Monday - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.