Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,842 members, 7,806,371 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now (26556 Views)

I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... / What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? / MADONNA UNIVERSITY (modern Day Slavery) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by iammarvellux(m): 10:21am On Jun 30, 2022
Kaysalas:

Good day, kindly tell me more about the remote jobs
Am also into Real Estate and fashion accessories selling online.
You MUST be trustworthy to remain online business
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by BABAPIUS: 10:31am On Jun 30, 2022
Even that 45k for a graduate is far too small, most especially with the high rate of inflation going on in this country.
70/80k to kick start with could be manageable, please I have learned not to settle myself for less.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by ThothHermes: 11:09am On Jun 30, 2022
HenryIgwe01:
I'm a strong 2'2 graduate in Accounting Education BSc. I'm just trying to gather money to acquire my ICAN.
So you mean I can't get a teaching job above 30k with BSc?
What is strong 2'2
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by Halo22: 11:14am On Jun 30, 2022
My brother it is unfortunate for we young guys who have aspirations towards nation building. Where I teach, if I tell u how much I am being paid as a teacher with experience u would scream. But that notwithstanding, I still dash out money to my fellow teachers who are less privileged owing to the fact that I cover more than 3x what I am being paid via extramural lesson. It is more about passion not just the pay.
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by Kalakazzy(m): 11:21am On Jun 30, 2022
HenryIgwe01:
A private school called me for an interview last week Monday. As a job hunter I'm always prepared for any interviews. So when I got there, It's was a 3 segments interview (written test, oral and micro teaching)

As a Bsc graduate in Accounting Education, I was given financial accounting, English language and current affairs for the written test interview. The account and English was WAEC standard questions. After the written test interview, the principal said he will call me for further interviews if i pass the test.

On Thursday morning, I received a call from the school inviting me for further interviews which is oral and micro teaching. When I got there, the principal was asking me loads of questions like why should I hire you? How many years experience do you have? How do you discipline a child? how can you make this school grow? Can we trust you with our female students? bla bla bla... After that we went to the classroom for the final segment which was micro teaching.

After everything, he employed me and we started discussing about the subject I will teach and the salary. The principal said I will be teaching Accounting, Economics and Marketing (ss1 - ss3), I said no problem.

What really got me angry was about the salary, he said he's willing to pay me 30k without negotiation.

As if that wasn't enough, he later said he can also call me anytime to teach any subject if the particular subject teacher isn't around. I was just laughing in my mind.

The principal was expecting me to resume today, he has been calling me since morning, I haven't picked his calls. I'm not a slave.

Mind you, this is a standard private school and my "least" expectation was 45k, Assuming he was willing to pay 45k, I would have resumed today.

Why are private schools so wicked? Is teaching job now a modern day slavery? I'm tired of this country.
. Bro take the offer, you go run am with private lessons to give you a boost, job no dey anywhere unless you get connect
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by OgogoroFreak(m): 11:23am On Jun 30, 2022
HenryIgwe01:
A private school called me for an interview last week Monday. As a job hunter I'm always prepared for any interviews. So when I got there, It's was a 3 segments interview (written test, oral and micro teaching)

As a Bsc graduate in Accounting Education, I was given financial accounting, English language and current affairs for the written test interview. The account and English was WAEC standard questions. After the written test interview, the principal said he will call me for further interviews if i pass the test.

On Thursday morning, I received a call from the school inviting me for further interviews which is oral and micro teaching. When I got there, the principal was asking me loads of questions like why should I hire you? How many years experience do you have? How do you discipline a child? how can you make this school grow? Can we trust you with our female students? bla bla bla... After that we went to the classroom for the final segment which was micro teaching.

After everything, he employed me and we started discussing about the subject I will teach and the salary. The principal said I will be teaching Accounting, Economics and Marketing (ss1 - ss3), I said no problem.

What really got me angry was about the salary, he said he's willing to pay me 30k without negotiation.

As if that wasn't enough, he later said he can also call me anytime to teach any subject if the particular subject teacher isn't around. I was just laughing in my mind.

The principal was expecting me to resume today, he has been calling me since morning, I haven't picked his calls. I'm not a slave.

Mind you, this is a standard private school and my "least" expectation was 45k, Assuming he was willing to pay 45k, I would have resumed today.

Why are private schools so wicked? Is teaching job now a modern day slavery? I'm tired of this country.
You should have at least told her the list you want for the job. It's rude to not turndown a job offer and refused to show up at place of work.
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by samwillyco1(m): 11:40am On Jun 30, 2022
Romanoff:

Secondary school teachers.

Go to Lead British in Abuja and find out how much they pay their teachers.

That's huge, it means they earn more than some lectures but I doubt if they will ever have time to do other things outside school stuff.

I was once offered a 150k teaching job but I rejected it because of time, they expected me to teach even on Saturdays
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by Romanoff(f): 11:44am On Jun 30, 2022
samwillyco1:

That's huge, it means they earn more than some lectures but I doubt if they will ever have time to do other things outside school stuff.

I was once offered a 150k teaching job but I rejected it because of time, they expected me to teach even on Saturdays

They have other extra curricular activities and it's even a boarding school.
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by samwillyco1(m): 11:44am On Jun 30, 2022
ThothHermes:
What is strong 2'2

Voulance Crew grin grin grin grin grin

It means he was close to 2.1 , although second class lower na second class lower period.
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by samwillyco1(m): 11:49am On Jun 30, 2022
Romanoff:

They have other extra curricular activities and it's even a boarding school.

That's the problem, you cannot go outside school without a permission My type can't do it.

Finally, self-employment is the master, although it requires a lot
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by Romanoff(f): 11:57am On Jun 30, 2022
samwillyco1:

That's the problem, you cannot go outside school without a permission My type can't do it.

Finally, self-employment is the master, although it requires a lot

That's true.

I have a friend that was a facilities manager there.

The pay was good but she left after awhile.
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by ThothHermes: 12:03pm On Jun 30, 2022
samwillyco1:

Voulance Crew grin grin grin grin grin

It means he was close to 2.1 , although second class lower na second class lower period.
Na you talk am o grin
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by luluman: 12:15pm On Jun 30, 2022
HenryIgwe01:

Nobi today now
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by Bimiafashion(f): 12:19pm On Jun 30, 2022
ozo13:
na so oo.the country jus dey anyhow.how will someone cope with 18k through the month.may be the teachers will come down to work with say a bike man.that alone will suck like 3k from the 18k.
Na only strong men no reason crime to feed with the way the country dey now.may Hod help us
Aameen o
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by samwillyco1(m): 12:20pm On Jun 30, 2022
Romanoff:

That's true.

I have a friend that was a facilities manager there.

The pay was good but she left after awhile.

Ok.
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by ibawon(m): 12:22pm On Jun 30, 2022
HenryIgwe01:
If you noticed, I was ready to take the job despite teaching 3 subjects but 30k is too small for a whole month.

guy reason am too nw. It's not fair. And he's not ready for negotiation.
30k or 45k a month as a graduate in Nigeria!!!
I pray to Almighty God you get a job soon that befits your qualifications.

2 Likes

Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by BePrepared: 12:48pm On Jun 30, 2022
AlphaStorm:

Whats ur point MuthaFucka

U want him to accept the slave job??

Are u Nuts ?���

My brother I know economy is hard on you

A beg everything will still be OK
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by Emeraldfynest(m): 12:52pm On Jun 30, 2022
This is so so sad bro. You mean 18k for 5 classes, Damn.
Rilwayne001:
Where I’m currently serving in Ibadan, full time teachers are paid 18k per month for taking atleast 2 subjects and usually JSS1-SS2

Lmao
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by Newborn27(f): 12:57pm On Jun 30, 2022
Romanoff:

Guy, schools in Wuse 2, Maitama, Gwarimpa, Guzape dey pay well.

My friend that started as a guidance counselor started with 30k in one school in Lugbe, from there to Olumawu, then to Premier, then to one school in Gwarimpa. Now he works in a school in Maitama and lives in a 600k yearly two bedroom, e dey plan wed in less than 3 months. His salary is around the range I quoted there.

Teachers earn more than him.

My sister....I just weak.

I'm not a male....your status rejects PMs .... I'd have loved to ask more....can you please, help me or link me with any of the schools? I can travel down for the exams and interview ......I really need relocation out of here and the fear of the unknown kept ditching me.

I'm not lazy and I've got more than 10years teaching experience.....I can easily adapt anywhere in the world....above all...I've got two kids to cater for.

Kindly help me....this 30k don dey irritate me.

I can drop my number if you're willing to link me with a better school.
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by Newborn27(f): 12:57pm On Jun 30, 2022
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by Perostick(m): 12:58pm On Jun 30, 2022
HenryIgwe01:

u've used the rightful word private school is a MODERN WAY OF SLAVERY.They will u and ur destiny.
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by Romanoff(f): 1:13pm On Jun 30, 2022
Newborn27:

My sister....I just weak.

I'm not a male....your status rejects PMs .... I'd have loved to ask more....can you please, help me or link me with any of the schools? I can travel down for the exams and interview ......I really need relocation out of here and the fear of the unknown kept ditching me.

I'm not lazy and I've got more than 10years teaching experience.....I can easily adapt anywhere in the world....above all...I've got two kids to cater for.

Kindly help me....this 30k don dey irritate me.

I can drop my number if you're willing to link me with a better school.

I don't have a link to these schools. But what I can do for you is to ask him to send me vacancies so I can forward to you.

What subject do you teach what's your qualification?

Send me a PM, I'll respond when I see it.

Hope you're okay with communication via emails?
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by Toeyean1507(f): 1:23pm On Jun 30, 2022
shantti:

Abeg give me the tips. I base in osun state
1. Start marking Waec, Neco, Gce and the likes.
Include it in your CV as schools owner tends to pay more when they know that you are a 'marker'.
2. Go into part time teaching. Convert your time to money. Don't just sit in a school from Monday to Friday. Give schools 1 1/2 days or maximum of 2days for your subjects.
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by Emeraldfynest(m): 1:31pm On Jun 30, 2022
Hello boss, good afternoon. I'm learning UI/UX Design and I love your story, pls can we connect? Can I send a pm?
JohnOkolo:

Please please and please go get in-demand skills like Graphic designing, Web development and more.

I have not worked for an employer fully since 2015. Currently I earn 150k working twice in a week as a Digital marketer and Graphic designer for a startup.

I can't be a slave in this life. That's why when some low standard paying guys see me spending my hard earned money they think am into fraud or something else.

If you don't want to be a slave please learn some skills and if you even need to know how to go about it. I can be your mentor.

Am pained seeing this as I type. Please feel free to reach out so we discuss more. You have the spirit to succeed since you have the sense to discern what is not good for you
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by FORWARDEVERLY: 1:36pm On Jun 30, 2022
HenryIgwe01:

Good you turned down that Job..
After all the slave work to take home a meagre 30k with extra duties when the need arises..
Better make you dey Barb for saloon..
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by cravingmind: 1:37pm On Jun 30, 2022
Well, yes! Teaching job is the modern day slavery.....
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by Postgraduatengr: 2:15pm On Jun 30, 2022
adeiza4u:
send a DM, let's hook up.
sent. Thanks
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by Newborn27(f): 2:49pm On Jun 30, 2022
Romanoff:

I don't have a link to these schools. But what I can do for you is to ask him to send me vacancies so I can forward to you.

I'd be glad and would be earnestly waiting for his response on this

What subject do you teach what's your qualification?

I majored in primary education.... I'm having NCE at hand

Send me a PM, I'll respond when I see it.

Hope you're okay with communication via emails?

I'm using Free basics to surf nairaland only....I can't guarantee my prompt response via email.

We can use mention since we've got nothing to hide....when our conversation is becoming confidential...we can use WhatsApp.

I'm really grateful for your response and would be happy if I can get a job and relocate through this....I'm not desperate....it can be next session or next year....they should just have me in mind.
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by Romanoff(f): 3:19pm On Jun 30, 2022
Newborn27:

I'm using Free basics to surf nairaland only....I can't guarantee my prompt response via email.

We can use mention since we've got nothing to hide....when our conversation is becoming confidential...we can use WhatsApp.

I'm really grateful for your response and would be happy if I can get a job and relocate through this....I'm not desperate....it can be next session or next year....they should just have me in mind.

Email will be better so I can always remember you. I don't give out my number on public forums.

Whenever you can, send me the PM, after you've done that, give me a mention.
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by Newborn27(f): 3:30pm On Jun 30, 2022
Romanoff:

Email will be better so I can always remember you. I don't give out my number on public forums.

Make I try am if e go work.
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by Newborn27(f): 3:32pm On Jun 30, 2022
Romanoff:

I've sent a PM

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sex For Grades: BBC Set To Expose More Nigerian Lecturers / Students From Hell Or Smart Students? (video) / How To Check JAMB Re-assignment Status

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.