Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,030 members, 7,799,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now (26511 Views)

I Made 4.38 CGPA And I'm So Happy... / What Course Did You Study In The Tertiary Institution And What's your job now? / MADONNA UNIVERSITY (modern Day Slavery) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by Wwwq: 4:00pm On Jun 30, 2022
Get another teaching job many teachers are earning 150k in top schools
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by Romanoff(f): 4:07pm On Jun 30, 2022
Newborn27:

I've sent a PM

I'll respond now.
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by coputa(m): 6:19pm On Jun 30, 2022
Nigeria graduates with their myopic lens and unnecessary pride.You hv to start from some where,since you don't have the ability to create job.make do with what you have and develop yourself.Some bankers earn 40k a month
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by kingmsookwagh(m): 6:26pm On Jun 30, 2022
Your is even reasonable to some point.

I was once given a job task to be teaching 5 classes for 25k a month in a standard boarding school..

Oya! Beat that!

The Protestant ethics and the Spirit of capitalism bruv!!
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by Ud1988(m): 6:30pm On Jun 30, 2022
Sir, even the 45k you are talking about will not be enough for you, strongly believe in God and have faith, God will surely give you a better job,I understand your plight,I have been in this your situation before.
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by Newborn27(f): 8:12pm On Jun 30, 2022
Romanoff:

I'll respond now.

Can you please, send me a PM on nairaland to enable me trace my email account....I can't remember my email address...I've tried logging in it ain't working.

Thanks
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by Romanoff(f): 8:47pm On Jun 30, 2022
Newborn27:

Can you please, send me a PM on nairaland to enable me trace my email account....I can't remember my email address...I've tried logging in it ain't working.

Thanks

Sent
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by shreyathakur: 8:49pm On Jun 30, 2022
HenryIgwe01:
A private school called me for an interview last week Monday. As a job hunter I'm always prepared for any interviews. So when I got there, It's was a 3 segments interview (written test, oral and micro teaching)

As a Bsc graduate in Accounting Education, I was given financial accounting, English language and current affairs for the written test interview. The account and English was WAEC standard questions. After the written test interview, the principal said he will call me for further interviews if i pass the test.

On Thursday morning, I received a call from the school inviting me for further interviews which is oral and micro teaching. When I got there, the principal was asking me loads of questions like why should I hire you? How many years experience do you have? How do you discipline a child? how can you make this school grow? Can we trust you with our female students? bla bla bla... After that we went to the classroom for the final segment which was micro teaching.

After everything, he employed me and we started discussing about the subject I will teach and the salary. The principal said I will be teaching Accounting, Economics and Marketing (ss1 - ss3), I said no problem.

What really got me angry was about the salary, he said he's willing to pay me 30k without negotiation.

As if that wasn't enough, he later said he can also call me anytime to teach any subject if the particular subject teacher isn't around. I was just laughing in my mind.

The principal was expecting me to resume today, he has been calling me since morning, I haven't picked his calls. I'm not a slave.

Mind you, this is a standard private school and my "least" expectation was 45k, Assuming he was willing to pay 45k, I would have resumed today.

Why are private schools so wicked? Is teaching job now a modern day slavery? I'm tired of this country.

I will suggest follow https://www.nextschool.in/ social media network. They will provide free training for private teachers.
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by miqos02(m): 9:20pm On Jun 30, 2022
HenryIgwe01:
If you noticed, I was ready to take the job despite teaching 3 subjects but 30k is too small for a whole month.

guy reason am too nw. It's not fair. And he's not ready for negotiation.
tell him your mind please. 45k or nothing
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by Newborn27(f): 2:29am On Jul 01, 2022
Romanoff:

Sent

Happy New month ma'am.

I know my disturbance can be choking and annoying.... please pardon my shortcomings.

I have tried several username it didn't work.....I couldn't remember the exact username I used for this my newborn account....I only remembered that of my first lizzyangel account and it was because that account had been my only yahoo mail ID since 2010.

Can you please, send the username that appeared on the PM I sent to you so I can easily log in?
Please.
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by Rachel98(f): 3:21pm On Jul 01, 2022
coputa:
Nigeria graduates with their myopic lens and unnecessary pride.You hv to start from some where,since you don't have the ability to create job.make do with what you have and develop yourself.Some bankers earn 40k a month
You people will just come online and be typing what you don't know. Who told you some bankers are earning 40k?

A Contract staff at the bank may earn that amount but not an employed staff.

Employed staff at the bank earns from 80k and above, Depending on your position in the bank. My elder brother is a Banker and I know what I'm saying.

No bank pays their employed staff 40k except he/she is a contract staff.
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by dangoteinlaw: 3:22pm On Jul 01, 2022
youngrhosy:

a Pos agent with a confirm location can earn 5k a day
yes by blackmailing ppl to patronize u. The ones in my area if for one day they don't see me that one start holding face for me trying to use hold my conscience to guilt.
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by bionictino(m): 6:13am On Jul 02, 2022
adeiza4u:
No matter what you are paid, most private schools are slavery boot. I get paid 60k but I can't just wait to celebrate my freedom. My advice? if you have some money to take you, ditch the job and embrace freelancing. Develop and horn a skill to sell out there. And you'll thank heaven in no distant time. I'm switching to freelance writing soon. Was so elated when I earned 72k from Freelance writing in a week which is more than my salary. Leverage Youtube and Google to learn everything. Don't go buy thrash courses o. God bless you bro.

Please can I connect with you?
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by bionictino(m): 6:18am On Jul 02, 2022
EMEKAodogwu1:

If you teach biology you can join my online lesson you will earn up to that teaching in ur house with laptop.

Interested please.
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by adeiza4u(m): 11:52am On Jul 02, 2022
bionictino:

Please can I connect with you?
OK send a DM.
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by GREATESTPIANIST: 12:32pm On Jul 02, 2022
HenryIgwe01:
A private school called me for an interview last week Monday. As a job hunter I'm always prepared for any interviews. So when I got there, It's was a 3 segments interview (written test, oral and micro teaching)

As a Bsc graduate in Accounting Education, I was given financial accounting, English language and current affairs for the written test interview. The account and English was WAEC standard questions. After the written test interview, the principal said he will call me for further interviews if i pass the test.

On Thursday morning, I received a call from the school inviting me for further interviews which is oral and micro teaching. When I got there, the principal was asking me loads of questions like why should I hire you? How many years experience do you have? How do you discipline a child? how can you make this school grow? Can we trust you with our female students? bla bla bla... After that we went to the classroom for the final segment which was micro teaching.

After everything, he employed me and we started discussing about the subject I will teach and the salary. The principal said I will be teaching Accounting, Economics and Marketing (ss1 - ss3), I said no problem.

What really got me angry was about the salary, he said he's willing to pay me 30k without negotiation.

As if that wasn't enough, he later said he can also call me anytime to teach any subject if the particular subject teacher isn't around. I was just laughing in my mind.

The principal was expecting me to resume today, he has been calling me since morning, I haven't picked his calls. I'm not a slave.

Mind you, this is a standard private school and my "least" expectation was 45k, Assuming he was willing to pay 45k, I would have resumed today.

Why are private schools so wicked? Is teaching job now a modern day slavery? I'm tired of this country.
God have mercy, that's slavery!! And they make soooo much money of you then give you peanuts
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by Kaysalas(m): 4:04pm On Jul 02, 2022
Romanoff:

Guy, schools in Wuse 2, Maitama, Gwarimpa, Guzape dey pay well.

My friend that started as a guidance counselor started with 30k in one school in Lugbe, from there to Olumawu, then to Premier, then to one school in Gwarimpa. Now he works in a school in Maitama and lives in a 600k yearly two bedroom, e dey plan wed in less than 3 months. His salary is around the range I quoted there.

Teachers earn more than him.
Hi, can you link me to that your friend? I am a maths teacher and I can teach french too
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by Kaysalas(m): 4:21pm On Jul 02, 2022
eitsei:
I do private tutorials and close to 100k monthly

I left teaching in private schools when the last one I did was paying me 22k and since I looked toward private tutorials, I never looked back.. I even have jobs I don't take because I don't have time
Hi bro, can you link me up? Where are you based?
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by Totiemide: 8:10pm On Jul 04, 2022
tonyson010:

it is so bad.

the big problem is that some people open business, don't nurture it to grow and will be expecting fast huge profits.
school management is often poor always transfering blames and punishment to teachers.

I can't take a teaching job in secondary or primary school, the pay is poor and the pressure is too big.

Pressure is 'too big' is an understatement. They pay you less but expect you to be able to deliver a service of 6 figures. The owner of the school at a time expect all his staff to dress like we were being paid 200k and to be able to speak phonetics. If you can't speak, you lose your job. In other part of the world teaching is good but here in Nigeria, hmmm person miss road.
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by benjaminiyke(m): 8:20pm On Jul 07, 2022
Good evening. I am a graduate of chemistry education. I have 7 years experience teaching chemistry and Biology to high school students. I am interested in the online tutoring service.
Kindly respond to the email I sent you. Thank you.
EMEKAodogwu1:

If you teach biology you can join my online lesson you will earn up to that teaching in ur house with laptop.
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by Cutehector(m): 2:40pm On Oct 01, 2022
Rachel98:
You people will just come online and be typing what you don't know. Who told you some bankers are earning 40k?

A Contract staff at the bank may earn that amount but not an employed staff.

Employed staff at the bank earns from 80k and above, Depending on your position in the bank. My elder brother is a Banker and I know what I'm saying.

No bank pays their employed staff 40k except he/she is a contract staff.
150k and above aunty.
Re: Is Teaching Job Now A Modern Day Slavery?? Honestly I'm So Angry Right Now by timstone(m): 7:49pm On Oct 20, 2022
Romanoff:
Depends on the location and other teaching certification you have.

I know teachers earning way above 300k monthly.

University or secondary School?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ribadu Appointed Vice-Chancellor Of Jigawa University / ASUU Strike: Update From A Landlord / My Child Needs A Change Of Handwriting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.