Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,830 members, 7,798,799 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age (91315 Views)

David Ukpo Asks Court To Stop Biodata Release To Ekweremadu / David Ukpo not a minor, Court rules / Photos Of David Ukpo Nwamini, The 15-Year-Old Boy Ekweremadu Took To The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age by powerfulguy: 8:06pm On Jun 27, 2022
Former Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, and his wife, Beatrice, have sued the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) and others over the controversy surrounding David Ukpo’s real age.

Others mentioned in the suit are the Comptroller General (C-G), Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS); Stanbic-IBTC Bank; United Bank of Africa (UBA) and Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System Plc as 2nd to 5th respondents respectively.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Ekweremadu and his wife were, on Thursday, remanded in the UK police custody, after they were arraigned before the  Uxbridge Magistrate Court for alleged conspiracy to facilitate the travel of Ukpo, alleged to be a minor, for organ harvesting.

The couple, however, denied the allegations and the court adjourned till July 7 for hearing.

But in an originating summon marked: FHC/ABJ/CS/984/2022, dated and filed June 27 by their counsel, Adegboyega Awomolo, SAN, before Justice Inyang Ekwo of a Federal High Court, Abuja, the Ekweremadus prayed the court for an order directing the NIMC to supply them with the Certified True Copy (CTC) of the biodata information of David Nwamini Ukpo.

The applicants said Ukpo’s National Identification Number (NIN):19438077110, which is in the possession of the agency, should be produced for the purpose of facilitating the criminal investigation and tendering same to establish their innocence with respect to Ukpo’s age in the criminal charges against them before the Uxbridge Magistrate Court.

They also sought an order directing the NIS C-G  to supply the applicants with the documents and application form of David Nwamini Ukpo in the possession of the 2nd respondent presented for the issuance of International passport No. BO0569974 for the purpose of assisting criminal investigation and tendering same before the Uxbridge Magistrate Court, UK  until July 7 in the alleged criminal charge brought against the applicants.

They also sought an order of court directing the Stanbic-IBTC Bank to supply the applicants with the Certified True Copy of mandate card and account opening package of account No. 0032551834 maintained by its customer, Ukpo, with Bank Verification Number 22509616391 in the custody of the bank, for the purpose of tendering same to establish the innocence of the applicants with respect to his age in the criminal charges filed against the applicants.

They sought an order of court directing UBA to supply the applicants with the Certified True Copy of mandate card and account opening package of account No. 2195739574 maintained by Ukpo with Bank Verification Number 22509616391 in the custody of the bank, for the purpose of tendering same to establish the innocence of the applicants.

Awomolo said that the application was brought pursuant to Order 3, Rule 1 of the Federal High Court Civil Procedure Rules 2019, Sections 6 and 36 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (as amended) and under the inherent jurisdiction of the court.

The senior lawyer, who gave 20 grounds why the prayers should be granted, said the 1st applicant (Ike Ekweremadu) is a serving senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, representing Enugu West Senatorial District.

According to him, the 2nd applicant (Beatrice) is a chartered accountant, civil servant and the wife of the 1st applicant.

“The applicants have a daughter named Sonia Ekweremadu, who is suffering from kidney failure and the applicants have been managing it for about five years.

“The said daughter of the applicants urgently needed kidney transplant to save her life.

“David Nwamini Ukpo, offered to donate one of his kidneys for the daughter of the applicants if his kidney is compatible with that of Miss Sonia Ekweremadu.

“David Nwamini Ukpo informed the applicants that he is Twenty One (21) years of age having being born In the year 2000.

“The 1st applicant supported the visa application of David Nwamini Ukpo to the United Kingdom with a letter to the British High Commission in Nigeria, explaining the purpose of the visit i.e to enable him undergo medical examination in the United Kingdom so that the donor and Sonia Ekweremadu get the best of medical attention.

“After conducting various medical tests, the Royal Free Hospital in London decided that the said David Nwamini Ukpo was not a suitable donor because his kidney is not compatible with that of Sonia Ekweremadu,” he said.

According to Awomolo,i Ukpo was then asked to return to Nigeria but rather than do so, he approached the authorities in the United Kingdom for protection from being returned to Nigeria.

“David Nwamini Ukpo told the United Kingdom police that he is fifteen years of age contrary to the information supplied to the applicants by the same David Nwamini Ukpo.

“The applicants verily believe that  Ukpo was actually 21 or more having regards to the public records in the custody of the respondents.

“The applicants were arrested by the Metropolitan Police in the United Kingdom on June 21 for the allegation that they brought a 15-year-old child (a minor) to the UK to harvest his organs.

“The applicants were charged before the Uxbridge Magistrate Court, United Kingdom on the 23rd of June 2022 for offences of conspiracy to arrange/facilitate travel of another person with a view to exploitation, namely organ harvesting.

‘”The court denied them bail and they are presently in the custody of UK authorities.

“The applicants require documents from the respondents to assist in the fair criminal investigation and as facts In their defence to establish their innocence of the allegation In the charge and to prove that David Nwamini Ukpo is not a minor and Indeed consented to the medical examination in the United Kingdom.

“The said David Nwamini Ukpo is presently in care in the custody of British Authorities and he cannot be accessed by the applicants.

“The documents being sought to be handed over to the applicants will support the applicants in their defence and establish their innocence of the charges brought against them.,” he said, among others

The lawyer said the application was made in the interest of justice.

Also, Bright Ekweremadu, the elder brother of the lawmaker, in the affidavit deposed to, said Ukpo informed the couple that he was 21 years old, having being born in the year 2000 and was ready to help Sonia.

Justice Ekwo fixed July 1 for hearing of the matter.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/organ-donors-real-age-ekweremadu-wife-sue-nimc-nis-banks/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age by Fahdiga(m): 8:06pm On Jun 27, 2022
Whatever that is the outcome of this case, Ike Ekweremadu has ruined his reputation.

328 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age by AntiWailer: 8:07pm On Jun 27, 2022
na so.
Re: Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age by APC2: 8:10pm On Jun 27, 2022
Ekweremadu has four children, one of them should donate to his/her sister. Simple. Don't use other people children

566 Likes 40 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age by Idiotseverywher: 9:00pm On Jun 27, 2022
APC2:
Ekweremadu has four children, one of them should donate to his/her sister. Simple. Don't use other people children
. But the guy agreed to donate his own, was he forced to. I'd he tgr first person to ever agreed to do do? Why atr you people being so sentiment, pray that God never punish human beings because of our behavior and wickedness

346 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age by kingsways: 9:02pm On Jun 27, 2022
Fahdiga:
Whatever that is the outcome of this case, Ike Ekweremadu has ruined his reputation.

Shut up there!!

How did he ruin his reputation

He should not try to save his sick daughter

385 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age by APCNGN: 9:03pm On Jun 27, 2022
It's well

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age by ERockson: 9:03pm On Jun 27, 2022
But why the too much noise about the boy age. The alleged offence is very bad regardless of the boy's age. The boy claimed he was promised a job not knowing he was about to be harvested

142 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age by tinsel: 9:04pm On Jun 27, 2022
Fahdiga:
Tell me what he did wrong? A 21 years old boy wants to donate his kidney and the Ekweremadu wants to pay for it. What is the problem? Where I will lay blame on Ekweremadu is if the boy is actually 15 years and Ekweremadu is part of the conspiracy to inflate his age to 21.
People have been selling their kidney in Nigeria. This is not the first and not going to be the last so far the seller is an adult.

229 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age by AntiBMC(m): 9:13pm On Jun 27, 2022
Medicine after death

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age by mycar: 9:16pm On Jun 27, 2022
He should add some Nairaland members in the lawsuit too grin

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age by tinsel: 9:17pm On Jun 27, 2022
ERockson:
But why the too much noise about the boy age. The alleged offence is very bad regardless of the boy's age. The boy claimed he was promised a job not knowing he was about to be harvested
Is that how you reason? Somebody can just from nowhere promise you job in Uk ? You believed the nonsense the boy wrote?

198 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age by inoki247: 9:17pm On Jun 27, 2022
When I say all this our Politicians no get sense people go think say na Lie...

How can you take someone to UK without confirming the Compatibility of the organ....

No wonder na after dem sign something to Law dem dey read am come dey find way to amend am if I lie check that Electoral act na afta dem sign am dem start to see error..

242 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age by BigIyanga: 9:23pm On Jun 27, 2022
tinsel:

Tell me what he did wrong? A 21 years old boy wants to donate his kidney and the Ekweremadu wants to pay for it. What is the problem? Where I will lay blame on Ekweremadu is if the boy is actually 15 years and Ekweremadu is part of the conspiracy to inflate his age to 21.
People have been selling their kidney in Nigeria. This is not the first and not going to be the last so far the seller is an adult.
Typical Naija oppressor mentality. The issue is not about age.
Per 1989 UK Law-HOTA, Live organ donor and recipient must be genetically related. Is the boy related to the Ekweremadus?
It’s also illegal to induce, coerce, manipulate or offer monetary compensation to donors.
Ignorant and arrogant leaders worshiped by ignorant followers like you.

441 Likes 47 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age by thatigboman1: 9:24pm On Jun 27, 2022
ERockson:
Sir, the whole noise about the boy's age is because that is the issue in contention. Minor. In UK, minor is 15 years and below. UK doesn't deport minors. If the boy had claimed to be 16, he would have been put in the next plane back to Nigeria. But as a minor, a vulnerable child in UK seeking asylum, they will protect him and provide for him and he can stay in UK till he dies. That's why the age is so contestous.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age by kuboy: 9:27pm On Jun 27, 2022
This boy is not a good type . But we should be very careful with what ever we do because the is a reward for it you can't bring someone else down in other for you to climb up. And don't let anyone deceive you most of this politicians are occultist men . They will come for you both fiscal and spiritually ohhh.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age by thatigboman1: 9:29pm On Jun 27, 2022
Seun lalasticlala fp pls
Re: Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age by ERockson: 9:29pm On Jun 27, 2022
tinsel:

Is that how you reason? Somebody can just from nowhere promise you job in Uk ? You believed the nonsense the boy wrote?
Thorough investigation should be conducted to determine whether be was awared of the real purpose of the journey. The fact that the senator did not deal with the boy directly calls for suspection. Whether the boy is 15 or 22yearss, There should be withness from the boy's family if the senator wanted a fair deal

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age by etokhana: 9:36pm On Jun 27, 2022
Life is involved so I symatjose with them but if I remember the way politicians, especially someone like him have messed our system, I will say make God punish am.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age by WatchYourSix: 9:37pm On Jun 27, 2022
The boy may get asylum whether the senator is released or not...

He's not no longer safe if he returns to nigeria..

87 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age by ERockson: 9:37pm On Jun 27, 2022
thatigboman1:
Sir, the whole noise about the boy's age is because that is the issue in contention. Minor. In UK, minor is 15 years and below. UK doesn't deport minors. If the boy had claimed to be 16, he would have been put in the next plane back to Nigeria. But as a minor, a vulnerable child in UK seeking asylum, they will protect him and provide for him and he can stay in UK till he dies. That's why the age is so contestous.
So you are supporting the senator for trying to buy kidney illegally. Were you not also informed that it was the doctor that called the police on Ekweremadu family

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age by pquaver(m): 9:40pm On Jun 27, 2022
Idiotseverywher:
. But the guy agreed to donate his own, was he forced to. I'd he tgr first person to ever agreed to do do? Why atr you people being so sentiment, pray that God never punish human beings because of our behavior and wickedness

He changed his mind and u want to force him, na by force to donate?

656 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age by pquaver(m): 9:44pm On Jun 27, 2022
thatigboman1:

Ekweremmadu problems is to make sure the boy no enjoy or have a better life. Not about the fact he want to harvest the boys kidney? Ekweremmadu na wicked man ooo.. If he poor he For wicked pass evil men for villa oo

625 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age by thatigboman1: 9:44pm On Jun 27, 2022
ERockson:
So you are supporting the senator for trying to buy kidney illegally. Were you not also informed that it was the doctor that called the police on Ekweremadu family
how did my post lead u conclude im supporting anybody or anything? U asked why the noise about the boy's age. And I told u why.
However the issue plays out doesn't concern me one bit. I don't even follow it. Just that I know people claim to be 15 because the know that UK doesn't deport minors. Watch UK border agency on youtube and see for yourself.

15 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age by thatigboman1: 9:44pm On Jun 27, 2022
ERockson:
how did my post lead u conclude im supporting anybody or anything? U asked why the noise about the boy's age. And I told u why.
However the issue plays out doesn't concern me one bit. I don't even follow it. Just that I know people claim to be 15 because the know that UK doesn't deport minors. Watch UK border agency on youtube and see for yourself.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age by thatigboman1: 9:45pm On Jun 27, 2022
pquaver:

Ekweremmadu problems is to make sure the boy no enjoy or have a better life. Not about the fact he want to harvest the boys kidney? Ekweremmadu na wicked man ooo.. If he poor he For wicked pass evil men for villa oo
very funny

3 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age by Hartway: 9:46pm On Jun 27, 2022
BigIyanga:

Per 1989 UK Law-HOTA, Live organ donor and recipient must be genetically related. Is the boy related to the Ekweremadus?
It’s also illegal to induce, coerce, manipulate or offer monetary compensation to donors.

Final Answer.

Lengthy jail terms loading.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age by ERockson: 9:54pm On Jun 27, 2022
thatigboman1:
Alright! But let's see whether Ekweremadu will receive handshake from the UK government even after confirming the boy is 22yo. How could a lawMaker negotiated such a deal with young boy without carrying his family along. Whether the boy is 15 or 22 he will be protection by the UK government after this issue

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 27, 2022
BigIyanga:

Look at how you just disgraced yourself now. Typical bring him down mentality! No one here likes Ekweremadu because he was DSP for 12 years, has been in government for more than 2 decades and Nigeria cannot handle organ transplant. Be it as it may, supporting a liar, thief and manipulator simply because the senator is also a thief makes no sense. Your pain follows the path that his unraveling has begun to unfold.

In your attempt to sound intelligent, you did not take time to read that what you quoted had to do with restrictions on persons NOT genetically related. In other words, transplants can either be between genetically related persons or NON-genetically related persons. You also have never heard of the term “waiting list”, so you don’t know someone can have a failed organ which no one in his living linage can be a match and he/she will be confined to a wait list. It did not occur to you that in the past 5 years, the senator would have searched within their close family/friends knit without success before extending the search. There are people who after being on wait list for so long end up getting organs from even another country or continent. The senator will only be guilty if he offered money for the kidney outside medical costs and opportunity loses to the donor.

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age by ClimaxHerbalixt(m): 10:10pm On Jun 27, 2022
Let wait and see

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu, Wife Sue NIMC, NIS, Banks Over David Ukpo’s Real Age by osmosis5(m): 10:11pm On Jun 27, 2022
this boy nah 21yrs joor.. my guy no wan return to the trenches he came from.. e run senator street

33 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Meet Aisha Yesufu's Husband Aliu, And Children (Pictures) / President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs / Graphic Photos From The Scene Of Yesterday's Bomb Blast In Kuje,Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.