Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

How God Saved Me From Untimely Death - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How God Saved Me From Untimely Death (63095 Views)

How God Saved Me From The Accident That Killed 6 People (photos) / Nairalander Meets Only Surviving Twin Saved By Mary Slessor Over 100 Years Ago / God Saved Me From A Ghastly Motor Accident On The 4th Of March 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by PALAPALA02(m): 8:17pm On Jun 27, 2022
Good day all.

I want to share with you all what the Lord did for me yesterday o.

While at PHC on a business trip from calabar.
I arrived phc on sunday and decided to sit out with friends on Wednesday night. After dropping my friends at their house and heading to my hotel room with the aid of the google map, a truck was parked on the speedlane at attilary road at phc at about 2am without having backlights or even putting c-caution.

While trying to look at my phone to check where i was heading to and moving at about 100km/hr, as soon as i lifted my head up, a truck was parked at the speedlane with NO backlights and caution sign placed on the road.

And that was how i rammed into the truck. But to the glory of God, i came out unscathed. No injury sustained at all.

The police said i was wrong to have rammed into the truck from behind regardless of where it was parked or even if it was stationary. They said i ought to have been more careful.
Buh i thank God, i am alive, my car got destroyed, but I sustained no injury which is most important.

229 Likes 21 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by PALAPALA02(m): 8:18pm On Jun 27, 2022
More pictures

Modified
To those saying i was probably drunk.

I don’t take alcohol or do drugs.
I only smoke cigarettes. Not even weed or stuffs like dat. Just cigarettes alone.
Ordinary 1 bottle of star will spin me 360degrees.
So i wasn’t drunk o
I no dey take alchol o

Phc is dangerous at night, so me tryna speed up back to my hotel room wasn’t expecting a truck to be parked on the speedlane of a highway (4lane road).
Major highway at 2am.

But honestly still can’t explain how i came out unscathed.
And i came out almost immediately after the impact. No blackouts whatsoever.
Though i had my seatbelt on.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by nicho450(m): 8:19pm On Jun 27, 2022
Praise God

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by PALAPALA02(m): 8:20pm On Jun 27, 2022
More pix

10 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by PALAPALA02(m): 8:21pm On Jun 27, 2022
More

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by DontGiveUpYet: 8:23pm On Jun 27, 2022
I thank God for sparing your life.

217 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by PALAPALA02(m): 8:25pm On Jun 27, 2022
Lalasticlala abeg help move to front page o. Let people follow me and rejoice o.
Not a single scratch.
I have just been going through NL, and even seeing news of other accidents where the impact wasn’t as much as mine and the occupants didn’t survive, yet i survived without a single scratch.

Even I can’t explain it.

249 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by PALAPALA02(m): 8:25pm On Jun 27, 2022
DontGiveUpYet:
I thank God for sparing your life.

Thanks o

It can Only be God.

No other

45 Likes

nicho450:
Praise God

Thanks o

It can Only be God.

No other

19 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by aieromon(m): 8:28pm On Jun 27, 2022
PALAPALA02:
As soon as i lifted my head up, a truck was parked at the speedlane with backlights and caution sign. The police said i was wrong to have rammed into the truck from behind regardless of where it was parked or even if it was stationary. They said i ought to have been more careful.

You were in the wrong because the illegally parked vehicle did not affect your visibility to avoid the accident.

I wish you a quick recovery and hope you learn from this unfortunate incident.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by nicho450(m): 8:29pm On Jun 27, 2022
PALAPALA02:

Thanks o

It can Only be God.

No other

Yes o

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by PALAPALA02(m): 8:32pm On Jun 27, 2022
aieromon:

You were in the wrong because the illegally parked vehicle did not affect your visibility to avoid the accident.

I wish you a quick recovery and hope you learn from this unfortunate incident.

I understand i have my own faults. I got distracted by the google map on my phone.

But was the truck meant to park on the speedlane. And even if it developed a fault, he ought to have used his caution sign and double pointer, atleast that could have alerted me earlier to what was infront of me.

Modified
I’m not downplaying the fact that i was wrong in certain aspect, but i feel more of the blame should have been on the driver for being careless by not taking the appropriate steps to prevent an accident.

A car / truck or whatever can breakdown at anytime, so that’s where the safety kits of the vehicle comes into use. And the driver used none. If he had placed the caution sign atleast 150m from the truck, probably if i had hit that first, that would have prompted me quicker to raise my face and possibly avert the collision. That was my argument with the police. But they kept saying i was wrong to have hit a vehicle from behind. That it shows I wasn’t focused on my driving and completely neglecting the careless driver.

I just carried my cross and left. Atleast I’m not at the hospital treating a fractured bone or internal bleeding or anything at all.

Well in all, i just thank God for giving me a 2nd shot at life

112 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by Typicool8(m): 8:34pm On Jun 27, 2022
Congratulations...God will continue to protect us all as we go about our daily activities..God bless you

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by PALAPALA02(m): 8:35pm On Jun 27, 2022
Typicool8:
Congratulations...God will continue to protect us all as we go about our daily activities..God bless you

Amen �

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by aieromon(m): 8:46pm On Jun 27, 2022
PALAPALA02:

But was the truck meant to park on the speedlane. And even if it developed a fault, he ought to have used his caution sign and double pointer, atleast that could have alerted me earlier to what was infront of me.

Everybody on the Nigerian road is mad except you - Defensive driving 101

Please visit a health facility to ascertain that your organs did not suffer any injury from the impact.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by incogni2o: 8:52pm On Jun 27, 2022
I had a mini accident today too because of this lackadaisical attitude of taking phone as pet.

Let's all be careful with using phone on wheels.

Thank God for preservation.

God go continue to dey keep all of us.

Long Life in Jesus Name.

AMEN.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by incogni2o: 8:54pm On Jun 27, 2022
PALAPALA02:

I understand i have my own faults. I got distracted by the google map on my phone.

Oga, instead make you just keep kwayet.

Hmm.
lipsrsealed

15 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by FEGEITOK: 9:18pm On Jun 27, 2022
PALAPALA02:
Good day all.
While at phc on a business trip from calabar.
I arrived phc on sunday and decided to sit out with friends on Wednesday night. After dropping my friends at their house and heading to my hotel room with the aid of the google map, a truck was parked on the speedlane at attilary road at phc at about 2am without having backlights or even putting c-caution.
While trying to look at my phone to check where i was heading to and moving at about 100km/hr, as soon as i lifted my head up, a truck was parked at the speedlane with NO backlights and caution sign placed on the road. And that was how i rammed into the truck. But to the glory of God, i came out unscathed. No injury sustained at all. The police said i was wrong to have rammed into the truck from behind regardless of where it was parked or even if it was stationary. They said i ought to have been more careful.
Buh i thank God, i am alive, my car got destroyed, but I sustained no injury which is most important.

Brother if you want to live long, don't just thank God.

Thoroughly review why this happened and make sure never to make the same mistake in future.

If you don't have clear road ahead of you there is not point throttling the car forward.

The only way to determine if you have clear road ahead of you is with your eyes.

Taking your eyes of the road was wrong!

You can only take your eyes off the road if you have first ascertained that there is no object that can stop you in front of you.

Even then you need to keep glancing back at the road because conditions can change.

Better still you could have set your phone and turned on its turn-by-turn directions ahead of time.

Anyone can depress the accelerator of the car, but he who can drive well is he who knows when to stop depressing the accelerator and when to instead depress the brake and how much to depress the brakes to stop the car or combine breaking and steering and acceleration to avoid obstacles.

He who can successfully stop the car is the good driver, not he who can speed up the car (as in your case, you drove or sped the car into an obstacle).

Agreed the truck was wrongly parked. But it was your duty to spot the truck and stop before you hit the truck. You failed in that duty.

Giving this incident too much publicity might not really be in your interest, if the increased publicity results in your being found guilty of traffic violations which you have already admitted above.

Go see a doctor, you might have internal injuries, so until that is ruled out don't be too happy.

All the same, I thank God for your survival.

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by VeryWickedMan: 9:21pm On Jun 27, 2022
I will try again

9 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 27, 2022
PALAPALA02:
Good day all.
While trying to look at my phone to check where i was heading to and moving at about 100km/hr, as soon as i lifted my head up, a truck was parked at the speedlane with NO backlights and caution sign placed on the road. And that was how i rammed into the truck. But to the glory of God, i came out unscathed. No injury sustained at all. The police said i was wrong to have rammed into the truck from behind regardless of where it was parked or even if it was stationary. They said i ought to have been more careful.

You were in a place you didn't know that much, Google map was the only helper on your route, you were speeding as high as 100km/h, you were distracted busy pressing/checking your phone and the only time you found appropriate to make such risky journey was 2am in the midnight.

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by bonnyhope: 9:55pm On Jun 27, 2022
PALAPALA02:
Good day all.

Why moving at 100km/hr on the road you don't know at 2am

Well, thank God you are safe

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by InoGetJoy: 9:58pm On Jun 27, 2022
There's definitely something going on on Nairaland with all these "Likes".
Sean, are Tinubu's urchins now buying "Likes" on nairaland?

[img]https://i.ibb.co/cYZwZPg/fgdfsdd.jpg[/img]
And why am I unable to upload a picture here

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by RedChiefPriest: 9:58pm On Jun 27, 2022
The association of village people of Africa and beyond tested you but almighty dey gidigba for your back.

Make I celebrate with you with 7 kegs of palmwine, kolanuts and 80 virgin pepper �.

Dj play us any song even if it is Nigeria anthem make we use that one start to dey jolly and gbe body on the lowkey.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by Iamdbull: 9:59pm On Jun 27, 2022
Dbull on this one!!!

Praise the almighty. Hope you were not carried away by listening to one of my songs cause my songs can be distracting when driving e go just dey sweet you till you forget yourself

4 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by stanliwise(m): 9:59pm On Jun 27, 2022
PALAPALA02:
Lalasticlala abeg help move to front page o. Let people follow me and rejoice o.
Not a single scratch.
I have just been going through NL, and even seeing news of other accidents where the occupants didn’t survive, yet i survived without a single scratch.
Thank God o. It’s well with you.

2 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by fasho01(m): 10:00pm On Jun 27, 2022
Wow.. Thank God for your life

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by deeLima86(m): 10:01pm On Jun 27, 2022
God have special love for you comrade.

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by omoadeleye(m): 10:01pm On Jun 27, 2022
Okay
Re: How God Saved Me From Untimely Death by Righthussle: 10:01pm On Jun 27, 2022
deeLima86:
God have special love for you comrade.

I dey tell you. Christain God wey no save the many worshippers in Owo come decide to save OP from car accident. Their God love am no be small.

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

See The New Yaba Look And Overpass That Got Lagosians Groaning / Meet Captain Yared Getachew, The Crashed Ethiopian Aeroplane Pilot / Flood Takes Over Oshodi-apapa Expressway (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.