Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,263 members, 7,780,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:07 PM

The Reality Of The Word 2 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Reality Of The Word 2 (352 Views)

Unveiling The Wonders In The Word (2) – Bishop David Oyedepo / Preach The Word 2 / The Word 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Reality Of The Word 2 by Merino(m): 9:20am On Jun 28, 2022
Who is Saved?

In the last publishing, we dealt with what the gospel is. We saw that God's power to save is vested only in the gospel. This Gospel specifically is The Gospel of Christ. We saw that this Gospel is the preaching of Christ's death, burial and resurrection; that's the salvation power.

This message may sound weak but therein lies the strength to save the unsaved. The ready question is, who then is saved?

Jesus gave us a mandate to save the lost and this can only be achieved if the gospel of Christ is preached. The mission of the church is not wealth distribution or wealth creation, it's not even building of great edifice nor the gathering of crowds or raising of stars and celebrities. The church's mission is the preaching and revealing of Christ to those he died for. If Christ is not preached, no one can be saved. Therefore any preaching that doesn't reveal the work of redemption done by Christ can't save.

What saith the scripture?

Romans 1:16
[16]For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

The gospel is the power of God to save not just everyone, but everyone who believes. So a man is ONLY SAVE when he BELIEVES the GOSPEL OF CHRIST.

This is pointed! Anyone who didn't hear the gospel of Christ can't be saved. It doesn't matter if he ran out to the podium and repeated a confession, if what was preached was not the gospel, he is not saved.

Who is saved? One who hears and believes only the gospel.

Romans 10:8-10
[8]But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
[9]That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
[10]For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

In verse 8,Paul calls the gospel of Christ the word of faith.

He emphasizes in verse 9 and 10 that salvation only comes when one believes this word of faith and confesses the Lord Jesus. That is, you get saved when you believe the message preached to you that Jesus died, was buried and rose again for your justification and that by His stripes you were healed (ie cleansed of all iniquities). Yes, that is the gospel! When you truly believe that you have been redeemed by His sacrifice for you and you make this your confession, your salvation sets in.

Note the bible didn't say that confession of sin is what saves. The bible says that believing and confessing Christ is what saves.

Salvation is God's gift to mankind and it is received by faith only in the Gospel of Christ.

Rev. Paul C. Jong stressed in his book "The Fail-safe Way To Receiving The Holy Spirit," that it is only when a man believes the message that all his sins had been laid on Jesus and that Jesus truly is the Lamb of God that has taken away his sins, that he can be saved. He stressed that until you have this faith, you still have sin in your heart (ie, you are still unsaved) even if you ceaselessly confess sins.

That's exactly what the scriptures teach.

Salvation doesn't come by conduct, or ceaseless confession of sins, it comes by "PURE" FAITH in THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST.

The Gospel is the message of God's grace; it demonstrates the love of God through Christ to us. The bible says

Ephesians 2:8-9
[8]For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
[9]Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Grace saves you through your faith. After salvation is conduct. Conduct never precedes salvation. Salvation is purely the work of grace to all who believe.

Grace is made available but one must believe. Do you believe? If yes, then have this assurance that you are save.

See what Jesus said

John 3:16-18
[16]For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
[17]For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
[18]He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Whenever it comes to salvation, there is stress on believing.

So, who is saved? He that BELIEVES!

Stay Blessed

#SonofGrace
Re: The Reality Of The Word 2 by orisa37: 10:21am On Jun 28, 2022
RELIGION IS THE WORD OF GOD THAT WAS WITH GOD IN THE BEGINNING.
Re: The Reality Of The Word 2 by Maynman: 4:37pm On Jun 28, 2022
orisa37:

Religion comes from religatare and it means to bind someone to a doctrine, deity and slavery.

no wonder religion is the opium of the poor.

Re: The Reality Of The Word 2 by Merino(m): 9:37pm On Jun 28, 2022
orisa37:
what scripture teaches this?
Re: The Reality Of The Word 2 by Merino(m): 9:42pm On Jun 28, 2022
Maynman:

Religion comes from religatare and it means to bind someone to a doctrine, deity and slavery.

no wonder religion is the opium of the poor.
I never talked about religion. I only shared the gospel of salvation
Re: The Reality Of The Word 2 by Maynman: 9:44pm On Jun 28, 2022
Merino:
I never talked about religion. I only shared the gospel of salvation

Which you learnt from a religion.
Re: The Reality Of The Word 2 by Merino(m): 10:06pm On Jun 28, 2022
Maynman:

Which you learnt from a religion.
I didn't learn from a religion.

The gospel is not religion and doesn't come from religion.

I see you are trying to display your atheistic reasoning. Well, I don't have the time to engage you in any arguments.

Just keep following my teachings and you will get to know what it means to receive salvation and not see it as an offspring of religious teaching
Re: The Reality Of The Word 2 by Maynman: 10:07pm On Jun 28, 2022
Merino:

I see you are trying to display your atheistic reasoning. Well, I don't have the time engage you in any arguments.

Just keep following my teachings and you will get to know what it means to receive salvation.

You learnt your “gospel” from religion, anytime now you’ll start quoting the Judaism and Christian book, I lie? cheesy
Re: The Reality Of The Word 2 by Maynman: 10:09pm On Jun 28, 2022
Merino:

I see you are trying to display your atheistic reasoning. Well, I don't have the time engage you in any arguments.

Just keep following my teachings and you will get to know what it means to receive salvation.

Which salvation hope it’s not from Jesus chrestus?

Re: The Reality Of The Word 2 by Merino(m): 10:11pm On Jun 28, 2022
Maynman:

You learnt your “gospel” from religion, anytime now you’ll start quoting the Judaism and Christian book, I lie? cheesy
just keep following
Re: The Reality Of The Word 2 by Maynman: 10:13pm On Jun 28, 2022
Merino:
just keep following

Like you follow your shepherd you call pastor? Only sheeps does that.

(1) (Reply)

⭐️ (Watch Now) 3 HOURS BREAKTHROUGH MIDNIGHT PRAYERS with Apostle Joshua Selman / Who Is Your GOD? / Dreams And Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.