Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,990 members, 7,803,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

I'm Pissed - Blatant Corruption At The Ibusa Delta State Immigration Office - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm Pissed - Blatant Corruption At The Ibusa Delta State Immigration Office (289 Views)

No Passport Booklet Hold Up From Bayelsa State Immigration Office? / Immigration Office At Ado Ekiti For My Passport / Kaduna Immigration Office Has No Booklets: The Nigeria System About To Fail Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Pissed - Blatant Corruption At The Ibusa Delta State Immigration Office by WackyJ1(m): 10:03am On Jun 28, 2022
The blatant corruption at the Immigration Office in Delta State.

I went to the immigration office yesterday to apply for a new passport.

At the gate, the officer at the outside entrance asked me who I was there to see. I mentioned the name of the woman who I'd come to see. I got inside, and the two officers at the front desk repeated the same question. I gave those officers the same answer and was directed to the woman's office.

I got to the office of the woman I was there to see and presented my documents to her. She took them and gave them to a cafe attendant in a caravan outside the building.

I was asked to bring ₦1,000 to verify my NIN. I paid and waited. The lady, Esther, printed out a document with my details on it and asked me to verify that they were correct. I confirmed that they were.

After spending 10 mins arranging my document alongside those of another applicant, she told me to make payment.

Esther called the woman who had given her my documents and confirmed the price of the 32 pages, 5 years passport as ₦60,000. I paid via POS and paid an extra ₦700 in charges.

I did my interview that day and was given another day to come for capturing. Only for me to get home and discover that the price of the passport online was ₦35,000. Those people collected an extra ₦25,000 on my head.

I am pissed at the corruption in Nigeria. This incident has made me give up on Nigeria.

Is there any way I can report to a senior official of the Immigration department?
Re: I'm Pissed - Blatant Corruption At The Ibusa Delta State Immigration Office by Henix(m): 10:15am On Jun 28, 2022
It seems u are new to Nigeria. It might interest you to know that the story doesn't end at paying the extra 25k. just pray that u don't spend months waiting for the passport, after u have even paid the exorbitant 60k for it
Re: I'm Pissed - Blatant Corruption At The Ibusa Delta State Immigration Office by immortalcrown(m): 10:17am On Jun 28, 2022
The worst is collecting a certain amount of money from a person and writing less than 60% of the amount on the payment receipt. If you are being sponsored and your sponsor does not trust you so much, the sponsor might think you lie about the expenses.
Re: I'm Pissed - Blatant Corruption At The Ibusa Delta State Immigration Office by saintjimos(m): 10:18am On Jun 28, 2022
Hope for a better Nigeria

Just be OBIdience
Re: I'm Pissed - Blatant Corruption At The Ibusa Delta State Immigration Office by Ajens1991: 12:43pm On Jun 28, 2022
It's everywhere, you were charged express payment. Normally if you were to apply online,it would not cost more than 17,800.
However, because the officers know they will not get a dime from you, they will so stress you to the point of you regretting applying online. They would claim it's Home browsing (HB), thus the process will be methodical.

If you need idea on how to escape those stupid immigration officers, you can let me know.

(1) (Reply)

Loaded Tanker Falls At Costain, Crushing Cars And Spilling Fluids On The Road / The Safest Countries For A Single Female To Visit / NCAA Suspends Azman Air Operations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.