Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,483 members, 7,808,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

Love- The Gateway To Heaven! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Love- The Gateway To Heaven! (321 Views)

Prophet Emeka Onu Lists Food That Can Take One To Heaven And Hell (Video) / Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts / Prophet Samuel S.T Olaluwoya: 9 Things That Can Not Get You To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Love- The Gateway To Heaven! by topshore(f): 12:54pm On Jun 28, 2022
Scripture Text: 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8a

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”- John 13:34-35

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."- 1 Corinthians 13:13.
No matter how hard you can pray or how good you can read and memorize the Bible or how angelic your voice may be when singing praises to God, if you have no love the chances of making Heaven is very slim, if not impossible.

"If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing."- 1 Corinthians 13:1-3

The Corinthians had a very wrong view of true Christianity, they thought that Christianity is a prophetic knowledge. They thought Christianity is the ability to speak in tongues, they thought that Christianity is just miraculous power. But they ignored the fact that being a true disciple of Christ is by possessing the fruit of love.

There are so many people who never enjoyed any good relationship with anybody, they have no friend. They completely lock themselves inside and box themselves in where no one can penetrate. When you tell them to change from this way of life they ignore you. God is love, his own love is unconditional, impartial, everlasting, infinite and perfect.

Love is never wasted. It may not get the reaction expected now, but it is never wasted. Love that expects positive reaction or result always is not true love but conditional. Love that expects something in return is not true love. The Lord wants us His disciples to have true love. Love never makes any demand. Love only gives, it does not stop giving because the other party does not appreciate. The true lover does require people to meet any condition. The perfect lover would devote himself or herself to others, as Jesus did.

Christ devoted Himself to us but what did He get from us? We crucified Him but did He complain? The most outstanding thing Christ did for us was to love the unlovable and all the world despite our sins. He did like a criminal because of us yet He had never committed any sin. That's what true and divine love is all about! But many of us are quick to write off anyone who offends us. Even if the person does not know what he or she is doing, we retaliate at the slightest offence.

Beloved, if you are going to fight, fight to improve that relationship as husband and wife not to destroy your home through divorce. Don't fight for separation, fight for reconciliation. Fight to preserve good relationship with your family, not destroy it. Fight to win your spouse over and not to lose him or her. Fight to save your marriage, don't fight to break it. Fight to solve the problem, don't fight to just salvage your self-pride. So, if you're going to fight, do it right to win, don't fight to lose.

A loving person will always strive to control all the unloving attitudes with his or her will power. In fact, you can be saved and inherit God's Kingdom without spiritual gifts. You can make heaven without receiving the word of knowledge and so on. But you cannot be saved or make heaven without LOVE. Love is the gateway to heaven! All the tools and talents are waste of time without love. Love sums up the whole Christianity and it is the distinguishing mark of a true Christian. Without love, spiritual gifts are useless.

The trouble we have in the hose of God now is that we have a lot of Christians who do not greet each other , who do not like each other, who keep malice, unforgiving spirit against each other. What the Bible is telling us is that those who have that kind of attitude are not disciples of Christ. They may be coming to church but they are not true disciples. So, examine yourself if there is anybody you don't greet? Is there anybody that you are not happy with anytime you hear his or her voice? If yes, then you need to repent because it is evident that you are not a true disciple of Christ and not ready for Christ's Second Coming for the saints. You need to sit down and re-adjust. When love is presented before you, you can choose what to do, you can decide to love yourself, which is selfishness. you can also decide to love your God as your neighbour, as Christ commanded- Mathew 22: 35-40.

The Bible says, whoever loves his brother is in the light whoever hates his brother is in darkness. When you concentrate all attention on yourself then you are a selfish person and you don't have the kind of thing would demote you from being a true disciple. Love for self is the love that drinks water and your neighbour is thirsty, but no water to drink. Love of self is the love that has two hundred skirts and two hundred blouses or shirts and trousers and somebody else is naked, but the person cannot say, take to cover your unclothedness. Love of self, is when there are things to be shared, the best part for himself or herself. Love of self would make a person to speak about self but deaf to other people's words or concerns. Love of self would make a choice and force that choice on somebody else. Love of self is self-pitying. Love of self advertises their own and despises those of others. Love of self would put on slippers and have extra behind while somebody else is walking about bare foot. The greatest of human suffering is caused by love of self. If we love God and love our neighbour as ourselves, then we fulfill the whole of God's Commandments. Then we will be recognised as true disciples of Christ. His love must be in our heart. That love in our heart would flow out according to Corinthians 13:1-3. Fulfilling God's Commandment is hence a sure path to inherit the His Kingdom and reign with Christ forever and in eternity.

Surrender your life to Christ today and make Him your Lord and Saviour.

If you would like to give your life to Jesus, just say this short prayer:
"Lord Jesus, I come to You now, come into my life, take control of my life and change my world. I say bye-bye to the devil. I enter the Kingdom of Light, in Jesus name I pray, amen"

Congratulations!!! Welcome to the fold of Christ!

God bless you.

Peace!

Cull from Dr. D.K Olukoya's message

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Process Of Itefa And Benefit? / Three Things That Show You Have Favour __ Apostle Joshua Selman / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.