Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

Why Did You Become An Atheist - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Become An Atheist (26677 Views)

I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? / An Atheist On Judgment Day / As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Karnice600: 8:37pm On Jun 30, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
so bros. what's the purpose of life?

That's a personalized question, friend. I'm afraid you may never get valid answers to that in the light of an argument.
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by temi1290: 9:38pm On Jun 30, 2022
Rambled and scrambled whilst skillfully avoiding the question I asked you.

Don't you think those fanatical muslims are denying the atheists of their rights to freedom of speech and right to air ones opinion?

Sweetplum:

The part of the Bible that asked to kill literarily has been explained better.

When? explained by who? Do well to drop the explanation here.

When you read both old n new testament Bible, you ll see the logic of good news which God gave. And Jesus came to perfect it.

Tell us the "logic of good news god gave that Jesus came to perfect".

It is the joy of God for people to be saved & not perish. So stop twisting Bible that it says people should kill who one God commanded or not.

I twisted something that's clearly written in leviticus 24v16?

Now talking about liberal lives, when did Christians become non tolerant?
Christianity started in the new testament. So tell me where the apostles practiced Jewish laws of Torah law.

Christians used to kill people for failing to convert under the guise of "crusade"

I put it to you temi1290 if you are human enough to highlight the hocus pocus of the Qur'an.

Perhaps after those crazy fanatics become liberals, that's if they ever will, besides I don't understand arabic, so when they translate the quran to english (I have no idea I have done that already).
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by crystalmoon(m): 10:26pm On Jun 30, 2022
Friend22:

Do you even read at all?

The likes of Einstein had to admit that the world was too complex without an "intelligent designer" behind it.

Stephen Hawking had something to say ...
While a confused wannabe like you want to deny the undeniable?!

Stephen hawking and Albert Einstein spoken in abstract terms mind you both are atheist what do you have to say no need to drag the matter I don't care whether your God exist or not
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by holywind(m): 11:10pm On Jun 30, 2022
ajekpaks:

Not entirely their fault, the Bible threatened them with hell fire in case they decide to use their brains
; hahaha

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Maynman: 11:21pm On Jun 30, 2022
Emmanuel30a:
Everybody here, who claims to be Atheist are fool. Everybody here, who says there is no GOD, there is no LORD JESUS CHRIST and there is no HOLY SPIRIT are fools.

Yahweh worshipper bwahahahaha

Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Mailthaddeus(m): 11:24pm On Jun 30, 2022
LordReed:

And who told you the universe was a closed system when it was formed? Also the First law of thermodynamics DOES NOT state that the energy in aclosed system is zero, rather than the amount of energy gained by the system, during an interaction between the system and the surrounding, must be exactly equal to the amount of energy lost by thesurroundings.

How is this law u stated differently from what I stated? In other words energy can be changed from one form to another, but it cannot be created or destroyed. The total amount of energy and matter in the Universe remains constant, merely changing from one form to another.
I repeat, it takes a lot of faith to believe that a system out of nothing will align and rearrange perfectly to create the universe and everything in it and even continues to sustain it.

It's much more easier to put that Faith in an Almighty God who dwells outside the conference of time than in those made up and unproven jargons.
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 11:32pm On Jun 30, 2022
Karnice600:

That's a personalized question, friend. I'm afraid you may never get valid answers to that in the light of an argument.

As expected. a non answer. https://www.nairaland.com/post/67426180
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by ajerimitan: 2:21am On Jul 01, 2022
There is power, power is God. Different types of power. The highest power is the Supreme God. Power can be gained and lost. Power can be blind, dormant, potential, reactive, proactive or super active. Not every power has the kind of life we humans are used to OR that our brains and faculty can understand or reason along with. The best is to flow along. Flowing again the current can be very destructively hazardous. Religion, science, philosophy, astrology can only give a hint into what God is. God will only reveal in bits only so much of himelf that of which we can handle and not go mad or derail. So if you say there is God you are right and if you believe otherwise you are also right, but that does not change anything. But remember how frail and limited you are as mortal. You will need a lot of help.
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Snitch24(m): 3:52am On Jul 01, 2022
adecerc:
Here to read from losers
You should be sober
You've been brainwashed obviously
Lmao
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Snitch24(m): 3:53am On Jul 01, 2022
ajerimitan:
There is power, power is God. Different types of power. The highest power is the Supreme God. Power can be gained and lost. Power can be blind, dormant, potential, reactive, proactive or super active. Not every power has the kind of life we humans are used to OR that our brains and faculty can understand or reason along with. The best is to flow along. Flowing again the current can be very destructively hazardous. Religion, science, philosophy, astrology can only give a hint into what God is. God will only reveal in bits only so much of himelf that of which we can handle and not go mad or derail. So if you say there is God you are right and if you believe otherwise you are also right, but that does not change anything. But remember how frail and limited you are as mortal. You will need a lot of help.

LMAO who told you all these
Omoh grin grin
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by LordReed(m): 5:41am On Jul 01, 2022
Mailthaddeus:

How is this law u stated differently from what I stated? In other words energy can be changed from one form to another, but it cannot be created or destroyed. The total amount of energy and matter in the Universe remains constant, merely changing from one form to another.
I repeat, it takes a lot of faith to believe that a system out of nothing will align and rearrange perfectly to create the universe and everything in it and even continues to sustain it.

It's much more easier to put that Faith in an Almighty God who dwells outside the conference of time than in those made up and unproven jargons.

Being constant is not zero.

And who told you atheists "believe" that the universe was created from nothing? LoLz. Atheism says nothing about how the universe was created so you are just plainly wrong.
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by jaephoenix(m): 6:13am On Jul 01, 2022
Lamanii22:
Nah I don't believe you
Okay. No p
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by jaephoenix(m): 6:17am On Jul 01, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Change of Post! I Didn't say I was the most righteous person.

Lies! Those people had it throughout the 80s and 90s while we were enjoying in Nigeria, before you imported them, which is what I said!

See, Liar, Change of Post Thief and Attempt to Twist!

Less Christians, more pagans, you said! Full Time Liar, Goal Post Thief, fact twister.

And this just clearly proves that all atheists are wicked evil people who do not have any good thing to give or reasonable thing to say
Change of Post! I Didn't say I was the most righteous person.

When u say the Christians I mentioned are not christians but church goers that means you insinuate u r the only Christian around
Lies! Those people had it throughout the 80s and 90s while we were enjoying in Nigeria, before you imported them, which is what I said!
There was no time you were better off than those Europeans. Talk another lie

Less Christians, more pagans, you said! Full Time Liar, Goal Post Thief, fact twister.
I would have told you to look at stats of Christian growth in Nigeria from then til now but knowing you, its just a waste of time. Your delusion is impeccable. You choose and live your lies

And this just clearly proves that all atheists are wicked evil people who do not have any good thing to give or reasonable thing to say
Lol. Of course you have to show yourself. I can proclaim all Christians are liars like you but know its not true. I wont be drawn down to your level
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:23am On Jul 01, 2022
sundaygray:

Omo i observed the life, learned different religions sat down and thought about life in general and also, never had a spiritual encounter i have spent money, a lot of money for a spiritual encounter but no level baba.The lack of evidence just make me chill. Unless God appears and shows himself to me, no level grin

Eve had a husband and both of them lived in a perfect garden void of things they don't know but they had everything around them to live as a couple, the best nourishing fruits so they don't need to cook before eating, different types of pets so they don't need to climb trees or enter a hole because the pets can do all that for them and since the pets understood what Adam and Eve says there was a peaceful atmosphere and all the animals lived like one big family as everyone eats plants and fruits.

But Eve had lots of questions running in her mind as she only knew Adam but she never met or seen the God/Spirit person who created them, all what she knows is her man who keeps passing the information about their Creator to her including the dos and donts.

There was a rebellion in the heavens, a spirit son of God is not contented with what he has because with all his powers he felt he should be able to do other things out of his own initiative without restrictions and that there should be those doing obeisance (worship) to him as well. His father (God) warned him not to think too much about himself but this spirit son has made up his mind.
What will the father do?
As humans if we notice such and know what could be the disastrous outcome we will choose to avoid it by exterminating this rebellious angel to end it once and for all times but the Almighty choose not to do that.
WHY?
His reason is that since all other angels are watching He should allow His countless spirit sons learn a lesson from the development.
So Satan was allowed to do whatever he wants perhaps he will be happy afterwards, he left heaven, came down to watch how the couple are doing in their garden. He noticed that the first creature (Adam) may be tough to convince since he is the person God spoke to directly so Satan watched the couple until Adam is somewhere far away from Eve that's when Satan took over one of their pets and spoke to Eve. At first she must have been shocked but in her heart she's now doubting both God and Adam because Adam never told her that any of their pets can talk then Satan gave her more reasons to doubt by telling her that the rules God gave the couple is of no use and Adam was fooled.
Eve no longer just only entertaining doubts but now she's beginning to believe (trust) what this pet is saying.
What could have led her into accepting Satan's ideas?

She never saw God before then she only knew what her husband (the only creature of her kind in the garden) told her!

So if you're insisting on seeing God first before you believe that God exists you're not the first person neither will you be the last. But you will surely drag others like you down with you for not using their brains to reason why they are here if there is no intelligent maker who designed this planet home we live in our of countless planets we can see with the telescope! Genesis 1:1

May you have PEACE! smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Dtruthspeaker: 6:27am On Jul 01, 2022
Ay92:

You can't understand. Is making your son suffer unnecessarily one of the ways of showing love to him?
PS: I'm not an atheist, I can humbly and confidently say that I'm a very good Christian

O boy. the bold immediately tells me how you are still Satan's child for one of the lessons every child of God knows is that they are not good, Only God is Good.

Another lesson is, it is examiners who mark your script, it is not you, the examined who should do so. So, this is like you writing your exams and then marking your answer script and then you submit it to the examiner. What think ye shall happen to thy script? And what think he shall happen to thee?

God's love given to you is that He has revealed Himself to you that you should follow Him, but you are not following Him, which means you are not where He is and He is not where you are, therefore you can not be Covered and Under His Mighty Strong Sweet Insurance Policy.

Therefore, you have no contract of Insurance and Assurance with Him.

Therefore, you have no right to demand any benefit from Him!
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by jaephoenix(m): 6:29am On Jul 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Eve had a husband and both of them lived in a perfect garden void of things they don't know but they had everything around them to live as a couple, the best nourishing fruits so they don't need to cook before eating, different types of pets so they don't need to climb trees or enter a hole because the pets can do all that for them and since the pets understood what Adam and Eve says there was a peaceful atmosphere and all the animals lived like one big family as everyone eats plants and fruits.

But Eve had lots of questions running in her mind as she only knew Adam but she never met or seen the God/Spirit person who created them, all what she knows is her man who keeps passing the information about their Creator to her including the dos and donts.

There was a rebellion in the heavens, a spirit son of God is not contented with what he has because with all his powers he felt he should be able to do other things out of his own initiative without restrictions and that there should be those doing obeisance (worship) to him as well. His father (God) warned him not to think too much about himself but this spirit son has made up his mind.
What will the father do?
As humans if we notice such and know what could be the disastrous outcome we will choose to avoid it by exterminating this rebellious angel to end it once and for all times but the Almighty choose not to do that.
WHY?
His reason is that since all other angels are watching He should allow His countless spirit sons learn a lesson from the development.
So Satan was allowed to do whatever he wants perhaps he will be happy afterwards, he left heaven, came down to watch how the couple are doing in their garden. He noticed that the first creature (Adam) may be tough to convince since he is the person God spoke to directly so Satan watched the couple until Adam is somewhere far away from Eve that's when Satan took over one of their pets and spoke to Eve. At first she must have been shocked but in her heart she's now doubting both God and Adam because Adam never told her that any of their pets can talk then Satan gave her more reasons to doubt by telling her that the rules God gave the couple is of no use and Adam was fooled.
Eve no longer just only entertaining doubts but now she's beginning to believe (trust) what this pet is saying.
What could have led her into accepting Satan's ideas?

She never saw God before then she only knew what her husband (the only creature of her kind in the garden) told her!

So if you're insisting on seeing God first before you believe that God exists you're not the first person neither will you be the last. But you will surely drag others like you down with you for not using their brains to reason why they are here if there is no intelligent maker who designed this planet home we live in our of countless planets we can see with the telescope! Genesis 1:1

May you have PEACE! smiley
But being an omniscient God, he should have known all these would happen and prevented them

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:34am On Jul 01, 2022
jaephoenix:

But being an omniscient God, he should have known all these would happen and prevented them

Where in the Bible do you find the highlighted written? undecided
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Dtruthspeaker: 6:40am On Jul 01, 2022
jaephoenix:

When u say the Christians I mentioned are not christians but church goers that means you insinuate u r the only Christian around

So, when I say there is no car in the car park it means I am the only one with a car?

Boy, you are spectacularly stewpit!

The rest of your post just shows your CD is Scratched badly hence repea, repea, repeat!

And this just clearly proves how atheists are stupid, wicked evil people who do not have any good thing to give or reasonable thing to say
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by temi1290: 7:42am On Jul 01, 2022
UncleAyo:
Everybody was actually born atheist. We grow up to learn about religion. We were only indoctrinated while growing up.

Growing up, I thought I was going to become a pastor. so I started reading (I've completed the bible more that thrice) and memorize the bible very early. It was the bible itself that makes me to ask a lot of questions that led to my factory re-set. The God of the bible seem unrighteous to me, thinks and act like human.

There is nothing like a God-being in our factory re-set, there is no heaven, there is no hell. We only learn those things while growing up.

That is why almost every body believes the that God of their individual parents is the only God and that his religion is the only accepted religion.

I read about 'historical Jesus' too. And discover that all of our cherished stories are fabricated and not true.

It will surprise you to know that:

-- there is no real historical Jesus in the world true human history. Many fabricated stories....
-- there is no heaven
-- there is no hell
-- prayer doesn't get answered
-- there is no spirit
-- there is no Angel
-- there is no Satan
-- there is no life after death or after life
-- charms don't work
-- there is no karma
-- there are no witches and wizard

I believe religion makes people to be more evil than good. Many are kept under the fear of heaven and hell to do the little good they can. They are not allowed to experience the true beauty of being good, honest, diligent and being a person of integrity without the fear of hell destruction, or expectation of an heavenly reward or karma.

Came to this conclusion around March this year. The world generally has a lot of hidden secret only the people at top of the world hierarchy knows, and these secrets have been scattered and covered with lies making it hard for the common man to find out, my knowledge of some these secrets (I don't know if I know all) brought me to the conclusions in bold
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by jaephoenix(m): 8:06am On Jul 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Where in the Bible do you find the highlighted written? undecided

I thought u clowns say God knows everything. He knows the beginning and the end. But since you have started denying your gaffes, here goes…

Proverbs 15:3
The eyes of the LORD are in every place,
Keeping watch on the evil and the good.

Ephesians 1:9-11
having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth—in Him. In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will,

Psalm 139:1-18
O LORD, You have searched me and known me.
You know my sitting down and my rising up;
You understand my thought afar off.
You comprehend my path and my lying down,
And are acquainted with all my ways.
For there is not a word on my tongue,
But behold, O LORD, You know it altogether.
You have hedged me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is high, I cannot attain it. Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.
If I take the wings of the morning,
And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
Even there Your hand shall lead me,
And Your right hand shall hold me.
If I say, “Surely the darkness shall fall on me,”
Even the night shall be light about me;
Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You,
But the night shines as the day;
The darkness and the light are both alike to You. For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them. How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How great is the sum of them!
If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;
When I awake, I am still with You.

Romans 11:33-36
Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How
unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!
'For who has known the mind of the LORD?
Or who has become His counselor?'
'Or who has first given to Him
And it shall be repaid to him?' For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.

1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

Psalm 44:21
Would not God search this out?
For He knows the secrets of the heart.

Isaiah 46:9-10
Remember the former things of old,
For I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like Me,
Declaring the end from the beginning,
And from ancient times things that are not yet done,
Saying, ‘My counsel shall stand,
And I will do all My pleasure,’

Isaiah 55:8-9
"For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways," says the LORD.
'For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.

Hebrews 4:12-13
For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.

Genesis 8:1
Then God remembered Noah, and every living thing, and all the animals that were with him in the ark. And God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the waters subsided.

Isaiah 40:13-14
Who has directed the Spirit of the LORD,
Or as His counselor has taught Him?
With whom did He take counsel, and who instructed Him,
And taught Him in the path of justice?
Who taught Him knowledge,
And showed Him the way of understanding?

Isaiah 45:6-7
That they may know from the rising of the sun to its setting
That there is none besides Me.
I am the LORD, and there is no other;
I form the light and create darkness,
I make peace and create calamity;
I, the LORD, do all these things.’

Matthew 10:29
Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father's will.

John 10:27
My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

1 Corinthians 2:10
But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.

Ephesians 1:4
just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,

Ephesians 2:10
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by jaephoenix(m): 8:07am On Jul 01, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

So, when I say there is no car in the car park it means I am the only one with a car?

Boy, you are spectacularly stewpit!

The rest of your post just shows your CD is Scratched badly hence repea, repea, repeat!

And this just clearly proves how atheists are stupid, wicked evil people who do not have any good thing to give or reasonable thing to say
So Mr. Liespeaker, who are the Christians?
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:30am On Jul 01, 2022
jaephoenix:

I thought u clowns say God knows everything. He knows the beginning and the end. But since you have started denying your gaffes, here goes…

I know you may have been dealing with some religionists who use abusive speeches when asked questions regarding their faith but try to be calm true disciples of Jesus don't do such.
So let's chat like mature adults without throwing insults at each other after all you're here to reason and not to abuse your privilege of speech!

God never claims to be omniscient at all it's misinformed religionists that's reading wrong meanings to His WORDS.
Where most readers got it wrong is that God focuses so much on His own works that He can tell the outcome if everything goes according to plan and whoever choose to go against His plans He can tell the consequences of such actions, but that God reads everything around Him is a LIE!

Note what He said after humans started doing bad:

And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. Genesis 6:5-6

Do you think an omniscient being can REGRET over anything he does?

Again when God was talking to a man named Abraham He said:

And the LORD said, "Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous; i will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know" Genesis 18:20-21

Does that sound like the utterances of an OMNISCIENT being?

Again God said to Abraham:

And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me. Genesis 22:12

Please does that sound like the utterances of an OMNISCIENT being?

Well my friend, you may have been dealing with misinformed Churchgoers and religionists laying different claims about God but i want you to know that you need real Christians to TEACH you what's in the book (Bible) otherwise you'll be arguing based on what misinformed religionists taught you.

Thanks and may you have PEACE! smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Murphysaheed020: 8:40am On Jul 01, 2022
sundaygray:
Omo i observed the life, learned different religions sat down and thought about life in general and also, never had a spiritual encounter i have spent money, a lot of money for a spiritual encounter but no level baba.The lack of evidence just make me chill. Unless God appears and shows himself to me, no level grin
Thanks God for life.
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Ay92(m): 9:54am On Jul 01, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

O boy. the bold immediately tells me how you are still Satan's child for one of the lessons every child of God knows is that they are not good, Only God is Good.

Another lesson is, it is examiners who mark your script, it is not you, the examined who should do so. So, this is like you writing your exams and then marking your answer script and then you submit it to the examiner. What think ye shall happen to thy script? And what think he shall happen to thee?

God's love given to you is that He has revealed Himself to you that you should follow Him, but you are not following Him, which means you are not where He is and He is not where you are, therefore you can not be Covered and Under His Mighty Strong Sweet Insurance Policy.

Therefore, you have no contract of Insurance and Assurance with Him.

Therefore, you have no right to demand any benefit from Him!

Satan's child?
I have no right to demand any benefit from my own father?
I rest my case.
If I were an atheist, your comments would never make me believe in God, so thank God I'm not one
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 01, 2022
temi1290:
Rambled and scrambled whilst skillfully avoiding the question I asked you.

Don't you think those fanatical muslims are denying the atheists of their rights to freedom of speech and right to air ones opinion?

Perhaps after those crazy fanatics become liberals, that's if they ever will, besides I don't understand arabic, so when they translate the quran to english (I have no idea I have done that already).
Spare me your story. Your existence is as a result of the good news of Christianity.
If you v doubts, kindly create post on the faults of Islam. There are thousands of English translation of the Qur'an. Google is your friend. Dare them just as you v been daring Christians and see if you v the guts.
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Mailthaddeus(m): 10:45am On Jul 01, 2022
LordReed:

Being constant is not zero.

And who told you atheists "believe" that the universe was created from nothing? LoLz. Atheism says nothing about how the universe was created so you are just plainly wrong.

I can't be arguing with u on this bro. U don't even understand the law u are stating. The total amount of energy in the universe is fixed at zero! This is because the amount of positive energy contributed by matter is balanced by the amount of negative energy contributed by gravity.
Since this is d case, how did the universe originate from nothing, and if u say it came from something, what is it? Can u explain to me? I wanna know.
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Emmanuel30a: 10:49am On Jul 01, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

must be awesome to get this off your chest, innit?
Continue
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Emmanuel30a: 10:49am On Jul 01, 2022
Maynman:

Yahweh worshipper bwahahahaha
Continue
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by Dtruthspeaker: 11:07am On Jul 01, 2022
Ay92:

Satan's child?
I have no right to demand any benefit from my own father?
I rest my case.
If I were an atheist, your comments would never make me believe in God, so thank God I'm not one

When you call your earthly father, he answers you. When God's Children call on Him, He answers them.

So, how is it that you call on Him and He doth not answer, yet He answers His Children?

Is it not clear that He is obviously not your father?

John 10:27-"My sheep HEAR MY VOICE

And you do not hear His Voice, so isn't it obvious, you do not belong to Him?

The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable.- James A. Garfield
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by LordReed(m): 11:19am On Jul 01, 2022
Mailthaddeus:

I can't be arguing with u on this bro. U don't even understand the law u are stating. The total amount of energy in the universe is fixed at zero! This is because the amount of positive energy contributed by matter is balanced by the amount of negative energy contributed by gravity.
Since this is d case, how did the universe originate from nothing, and if u say it came from something, what is it? Can u explain to me? I wanna know.

LoLz. Its you who doesn't know what the heck he is on about. The Zero-energy universe is a hypothesis that has no experimental proof so who told you it is what "atheists" believe? Again atheism says nothing about how the universe came to be so just stop before you embarass yourself further.
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by jaephoenix(m): 11:25am On Jul 01, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I know you may have been dealing with some religionists who use abusive speeches when asked questions regarding their faith but try to be calm true disciples of Jesus don't do such.
So let's chat like mature adults without throwing insults at each other after all you're here to reason and not to abuse your privilege of speech!

God never claims to be omniscient at all it's misinformed religionists that's reading wrong meanings to His WORDS.
Where most readers got it wrong is that God focuses so much on His own works that He can tell the outcome if everything goes according to plan and whoever choose to go against His plans He can tell the consequences of such actions, but that God reads everything around Him is a LIE!

Note what He said after humans started doing bad:

And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. Genesis 6:5-6

Do you think an omniscient being can REGRET over anything he does?

Again when God was talking to a man named Abraham He said:

And the LORD said, "Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous; i will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know" Genesis 18:20-21

Does that sound like the utterances of an OMNISCIENT being?

Again God said to Abraham:

And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me. Genesis 22:12

Please does that sound like the utterances of an OMNISCIENT being?

Well my friend, you may have been dealing with misinformed Churchgoers and religionists laying different claims about God but i want you to know that you need real Christians to TEACH you what's in the book (Bible) otherwise you'll be arguing based on what misinformed religionists taught you.

Thanks and may you have PEACE! smiley
Sorry I called you a clown. Apologies
About the topic… It would be surprising for a Christian to say god isn't all-knowing. I mean that's what you guys basically sing and dance everyday. But lemme assume for the sake of this discourse he aint omniscient. So what is the qualities of your own version of God (since he's obviously different from the regular God we hear about)
Re: Why Did You Become An Atheist by temi1290: 11:38am On Jul 01, 2022
Sweetplum:

Spare me your story. Your existence is as a result of the good news of Christianity.
If you v doubts, kindly create post on the faults of Islam. There are thousands of English translation of the Qur'an. Google is your friend. Dare them just as you v been daring Christians and see if you v the guts.

Answer my question and stop running from pillar to post. Who send christians to be preaching good news? The fact that they don't kill like muslims STILL do doesn't make them different.

It's basic human instinct to want to protect themselves so I definitely won't do what could lead to my death, which is blaspheming against the muslim god, cause I know they are still stuck in some old mentality of killing for one non existent being (something christians don't practice again).

Now answer my question

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (24) (Reply)

What Are Some Differences Between Judaism Christianity And Islam? / MFM Launches Crusade To Close Beer Parlours In Lagos! / How I Used Sea Salt For Cleansings, Luck & Attraction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.