Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership (16969 Views)

Turkish Parliament Approves Sweden’s NATO Membership Bid / Putin: Russia Will Respond if NATO Deploys Weapons In Finland And Sweden / Finland And Sweden Submit NATO Application Hand In Hand. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership by fergie001: 7:50pm On Jun 28, 2022
In May, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan confirmed Turkey’s opposition to NATO membership for Finland and Sweden, shooting down a proposal by the Nordic countries to send delegations to Ankara to address the matter.

A “NATO decision” is the expression of the collective will of all 30 member countries since all decisions are taken by consensus.

President the Republic of Finland Sauli Niinistö on 28 June 2022
Office of the President of the Republic of Finland
Press release 41/2022
28 June 2022

Today in Madrid, before the beginning of the NATO Summit, we had a thorough meeting with President of Türkiye Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and Prime Minister of Sweden Magdalena Andersson, facilitated by Secretary General of NATO Jens Stoltenberg.

As a result of that meeting, our foreign ministers signed a trilateral memorandum which confirms that Türkiye will at the Madrid Summit this week support the invitation of Finland and Sweden to become members of NATO. The concrete steps of our accession to NATO will be agreed by the NATO Allies during the next two days, but that decision is now imminent.

Our joint memorandum underscores the commitment of Finland, Sweden and Türkiye to extend their full support against threats to each other’s security. Us becoming NATO Allies will further strengthen this commitment.

Over the past weeks, Türkiye has raised its concerns over the threat of terrorism. Finland has constantly taken these concerns seriously. Finland condemns terrorism in all its forms and manifestations. As a NATO member, Finland will commit fully to the counterterrorism documents and policies of NATO.

As we enhance our cooperation on counterterrorism, arms exports and extraditions, Finland naturally continues to operate according to its national legislation.

I am delighted to conclude this stage on Finland’s road to NATO membership. I now look forward to fruitful conversations on Finland’s role in NATO with our future Allies here in Madrid.

|SOURCE|

NATO leaders to invite Sweden, Finland to become members Wednesday: Stoltenberg

SOURCE

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:51pm On Jun 28, 2022
Slava Ukraine..
Russia cannot afford a long war with Ukraine. They are fighting a war of attrition and hoping to maximise the territory they hold when both sides run out of resources and fighting fades back to the low level it was on the East of Ukraine before February...

As y'all know this was not the original objective which was to topple the Zelensky government..kill or exile all its members.. either annex Ukraine or more likely to install a puppet government similar to Belarus but even more subservient...

The objective was changed when it was seen to be impossible...The current objective which I described first(bolded) is really the cheapest that will allow Putin to claim a “win”... grin

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 28, 2022
Let's see what Turkiye has to say.

1 Like

Re: Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership by jimetagambo: 8:01pm On Jun 28, 2022

As a result of that meeting, our foreign ministers signed a trilateral memorandum which confirms that Türkiye will at the Madrid Summit this week support the invitation of Finland and Sweden to become members of NATO. The concrete steps of our accession to NATO will be agreed by the NATO Allies during the next two days, but that decision is now imminent.

OP, respect to you. This news literally dropped about 20 minutes ago.

Good news, but it is expected. Turkey is US boy boy cheesy

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership by Righteousness2(m): 8:10pm On Jun 28, 2022
The World is Earnestly preparing for wars, the kind the world has not seen.

The World is Earnestly Preparing for the Mark of the Beast, the antichrist, New world Order, one world government, currency, religion, etc

This already fractured world is one breath away from the Tribulation which means we are half a breath away from the Rapture!

I have been called everything from a conspiracy theorist to a Rapture nut looking to the sky for the appearing of our Blessed Hope. Well one of these days, this watchman will stop sounding the alarm because just as Enoch walked with God and was not, "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord." 1 Thessalonians 4:17.

Get Ready with the Watchman! JESUS Christ is Coming Quickly!! The RAPTURE will Happen when you least expect.

15 Likes

Re: Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership by nony43(m): 8:17pm On Jun 28, 2022
Finally. I love the boldness of Finland and Sweden.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership by Robertgreene1(m): 8:18pm On Jun 28, 2022
Interesting...
But severodonetsk...the heavily fortified Eastern city just fell into Russian hands yesterday..and nobody's talking about that one...
I just love the way that Ukrainian Governor of Luhansk Region..Serhiy Haidai always explains the situation whenever an Ukrainian city falls into Russian hands...
The man will just go like...."Today our forces pulled out of severodonetsk (or wherever)...as it "makes no sense whatsoever" to stand in a building defending positions that no longer exists while waiting for the Russians to completely raze the building to the ground..."it makes no sense at all"...LOL...the way the man uses the "it makes no sense" expression to always describe the pitiable situation of his Ukrainian forces will tell u just how much they re collecting wotoporiously from the Russians.....
As 4 that comedian Zelensky...dude is just high on drugs...just like the former Russian president Dimitri Medvedev once remarked that "Zelensky's eyes re always burning with Stimulants"
I didn't even need a soothsayer 2 tell me that he's been pumping himself with drugs since the war started...
I just analysed him very well wit my "ex junkie eyes" the day I wz watching his interview on Aljazeera...saw d way his eyes were burning like red hot coals..ND his heavily sedated voice dat wz weirdly going off key...suddenly going way too loud..then way too low again...then I said 2 myself..."Haa No!!...this one must be on drugs"
But him eyes go clear very soon...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership by Lordbinsmar: 8:18pm On Jun 28, 2022
angry

Eastern terrorist country supporting American propaganda

I pity Sweden and Finland, make them no allow US waste the lives of their citizens like they did to Ukraine.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:18pm On Jun 28, 2022
Righteousness2:

The World is Earnestly Preparing for the Mark of the Beast, the antichrist, New world Order, one world government, currency, religion, etc

This already fractured world is one breath away from the Tribulation which means we are half a breath away from the Rapture!

I have been called everything from a conspiracy theorist to a Rapture nut looking to the sky for the appearing of our Blessed Hope. Well one of these days, this watchman will stop sounding the alarm because just as Enoch walked with God and was not, "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord." 1 Thessalonians 4:17.

Get Ready with the Watchman! JESUS Christ is Coming Quickly!! The RAPTURE will Happen[/s] when you least expect.
grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership by Kingspin(m): 8:18pm On Jun 28, 2022
Somebody remind me what Putin is still fighting for in Ukraine?

28 Likes

Re: Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership by ATEAMS: 8:18pm On Jun 28, 2022
Russian fan boys left the thread

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership by Yankee101: 8:19pm On Jun 28, 2022
Was expected
Re: Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership by saxietohgbaskie(m): 8:19pm On Jun 28, 2022
Countries with balls

16 Likes

Re: Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership by Theunbothered: 8:19pm On Jun 28, 2022
Putin boys how far? grin

Putin and his foolish followers can now shut up, idiots the lot of you.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership by justbonny(m): 8:19pm On Jun 28, 2022
Great �

5 Likes

Re: Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership by Tb222(m): 8:20pm On Jun 28, 2022
Hmmm Turkey finally seen the light, waiting for putins reaction. Turkey makes a lot of revenue from tourism , with almost 69% of tourists from western countries or countries sympathetic to the nato coause, so after deep thinking they finally chose a side.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership by Originality007: 8:20pm On Jun 28, 2022
another round of Tears for Putin fan boys

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership by shaggy007(m): 8:20pm On Jun 28, 2022
Theunbothered:
Putin boys how far? grin

Putin and his foolish followers can now shut up, idiots the lot of you.

Too early to rejoice.

4 Likes

Re: Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership by Helpfromabove1(m): 8:20pm On Jun 28, 2022
This war is seriously affecting the economy of the world

Peace is the way forward

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:21pm On Jun 28, 2022
Putin won't like this grin

12 Likes

Re: Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership by seanwilliam(m): 8:21pm On Jun 28, 2022
Like for nato share for Russia .

Putin go hear am lol

Anyway I buy all gift cards and yankee funds( cashapp, greendot, PayPal,zelle, Moneycard skrill,perfect money , Neteller,money gram , western union etc) And WeChat payment all @ your rate . I sell cheap unit /bulk google voice

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership by Pagrammer: 8:22pm On Jun 28, 2022
Righteousness2:

Get Ready with the Watchman! JESUS Christ is Coming Quickly!! The RAPTURE will Happen when you least expect.

Get the fck out!

angry

4 Likes

Re: Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership by Mumusaphire: 8:22pm On Jun 28, 2022
They have no option. USA na ur mate?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership by money121(m): 8:23pm On Jun 28, 2022
Ok
Re: Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership by inoki247: 8:24pm On Jun 28, 2022
Aw Fa Covid don finally go abi e no dey kill again..

3 Likes

Re: Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership by Theunbothered: 8:25pm On Jun 28, 2022
shaggy007:

Too early to rejoice.

Please what will happen?

Didn't Putin dogs say Turkey will block their membership?

What happens now?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership by blinking001(m): 8:25pm On Jun 28, 2022
They had no choice

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership by Kelvin3476: 8:25pm On Jun 28, 2022
Righteousness2:

NO MORE SCAMERICA ? U JUST AGRED THAT U.S ISN'T GOING DOWN SOON

8 Likes

Re: Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership by Mumusaphire: 8:26pm On Jun 28, 2022
Righteousness2:

I do listen to ur sermon, but I notice u do bias when it come to USA. Nigeria is worst than USA in all ways. They doing their things with law, or allow their citizens decide, while we doing our own coded.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership by eleko1: 8:27pm On Jun 28, 2022
cool PUTIN case is OYO

47 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Blast At Catholic Mass In Southern Philippines Leaves Four Dead. / West African Countries Shower President Ramaphosa With Honours & Titles On Tour / Obama Honours Oluwatosin Akinduro On U.S. Independence Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.