Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

I Am Tired Of This Upwork Things.. - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Am Tired Of This Upwork Things.. (2656 Views)

I Am Tired Of Being A Billionaire- Bill Gates Announces / Guys Upwork Has Not Been On Side. No Job Since.... / I Am Tired Of This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Tired Of This Upwork Things.. by Qinglong(m): 9:58pm On Jun 29, 2022
qtguru:
Find a niche, everything is saturated for web dev, find niches e.g Shopify, Airtable , Moodle , Webflow, WordPress but Elementor Plugins or any of the page builders.

To earn good money, you have to work on complex projects, no sugar coating, page builders and CMS has taken over web dev, rarely would anyone need a dev to build websites from scratch.
Hi, where do you find resources to learn how to build themes and plug-ins for WordPress and the others?

The courses at Udemy don't seem to have been updated from a couple of years back and I've heard they're outdated.
Re: I Am Tired Of This Upwork Things.. by qtguru(m): 10:20pm On Jun 29, 2022
Qinglong:

Hi, where do you find resources to learn how to build themes and plug-ins for WordPress and the others?

The courses at Udemy don't seem to have been updated from a couple of years back and I've heard they're outdated.

WordPress Codex and for most themes use Page Builders so investing in a page builder is important. Go with Elementor or WPBakery. They are not hard but you should know PHP, STL Libraries in PHP , OOP and also call user func you will use most of that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Tired Of This Upwork Things.. by GuestReader88: 12:44pm On Jul 02, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Keep on grinding but dont rely on just upwork. Be looking for a full time job too. The thing with freelancing is that the simple projects that can be done by everyone will get applied to by everyone making it look saturated. Advanced projects will have few to no applicants. Dont just rely on freelancing as a newbie. Looking at your portfolio you have so much to learn. I will also be looking for jobs in an organisation where I can learn under people with more experience.
Please how long does it take to learn C programming studying it 5–6 hours daily?
Re: I Am Tired Of This Upwork Things.. by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:45pm On Jul 02, 2022
GuestReader88:

Please how long does it take to learn C programming studying it 5–6 hours daily?

Programming is more about application than memorisation. If you aren't finding ways to apply what you learn everyday, it's useless.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of This Upwork Things.. by GuestReader88: 4:48pm On Jul 02, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Programming is more about application than memorisation. If you aren't finding ways to apply what you learn everyday, it's useless.
Is it possible to apply what one doesn't know in the first place in solving real life problems?
Re: I Am Tired Of This Upwork Things.. by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:01pm On Jul 02, 2022
GuestReader88:

Is it possible to apply what one doesn't know in the first place in solving real life problems?

You have to apply what you have learnt. Try building small projects or doing leetcode questions. Without that it's easy to forget everything.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of This Upwork Things.. by GuestReader88: 6:50pm On Jul 02, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

You have to apply what you have learnt. Try building small projects or doing leetcode questions. Without that it's easy to forget everything.
Okay. Thanks a lot.
Re: I Am Tired Of This Upwork Things.. by CyberHustle: 7:45am On Jul 03, 2022
ahmedsaniadamu:
Why is upwork so saturated more especially ( web development ).
you may see a simple job of 10$ that was posted 10mins later with over 50+ proposals...
I am really really fade up with this things applying to tons of jobs without any reply. i am even thinking of quiting web development and focus on any offline skills that will get me cash.
my personal portfolio is : https://ahmed-sani.netlify.app
and my upwork profile is : https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~017974c82cc64483b8
any advice from you please !!!
I suggest you locate people going through same challenge as you and form a small network of alternating buyers and sellers, then patronize one another to get your profiles off ground level.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of This Upwork Things.. by MadarasBlade(m): 7:19am On Jul 04, 2022
DrLevi:
It's not an upwork thing, freelancing is saturated.

You have to hustle against a lot of Nigerians and Asians.

Web development doesn't make it any better, as 8/10 devs I know are web developers and more are coming to join the pack

My advice:
Keep applying, eventually one go click
Try others e.g fiverr and pepperperhour
Focus local also. the 100k - 200k Nigerians will pay for their business website is still a lot of money.
Niche down, be it Wordpress, shopify or even less popular frameworks like Svelte, Go/Gin etc. React/Node/php has way too many developers.
Finally, just build experience as much as you can. Experience/Skill is everything!

Please bro, what would you advise that i learn, front end or back end development?

I want to be a free lancer.
Re: I Am Tired Of This Upwork Things.. by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 04, 2022
MadarasBlade:

Please bro, what would you advise that i learn, front end or back end development?

I want to be a free lancer.
Depends. Learn whichever you feel you'll be good at.
Both requires quite different set of skills and it best your research about it and find which make you feel more at home.

Although most people begin their journey with frontend so that part has more developers and thus more competition
On the other hand, there are BAAS tools that replace the need for backend developers, so everything kinda balances up and brings us back to the first statement, "learn what you like"
Re: I Am Tired Of This Upwork Things.. by MadarasBlade(m): 9:15am On Jul 04, 2022
DrLevi:

Depends. Learn whichever you feel you'll be good at.
Both requires quite different set of skills and it best your research about it and find which make you feel more at home.

Although most people begin their journey with frontend so that part has more developers and thus more competition
On the other hand, there are BAAS tools that replace the need for backend developers, so everything kinda balances up and brings us back to the first statement, "learn what you like"

Thanks for the advise, i think I'll go with front end and then niche down.

Thanks sir.
Re: I Am Tired Of This Upwork Things.. by chimario: 4:36pm On Jul 04, 2022
Please, i need advise on upwork. The first replied I got after many applications on upwork, asked me to pay $50 refundable insurance fee after given me some woks to type and convert to PDF, i want to know, is it a must that you pay for insurance before getting a job. Please, so that I will not go and pay to fraudsters.
Re: I Am Tired Of This Upwork Things.. by qtguru(m): 4:50pm On Jul 04, 2022
chimario:
Please, i need advise on upwork. The first replied I got after many applications on upwork, asked me to pay $50 refundable insurance fee after given me some woks to type and convert to PDF, i want to know, is it a must that you pay for insurance before getting a job. Please, so that I will not go and pay to fraudsters.

SCAM

3 Likes

Re: I Am Tired Of This Upwork Things.. by ibromodzi: 5:10pm On Jul 06, 2022
chimario:

Please don't fall for it. That's how a lady lost $700.
Re: I Am Tired Of This Upwork Things.. by Dailyparrot: 8:48pm On Jul 06, 2022
jesmond3945:
yea, change your cv for every application. Target 1000 applications for remote jobs.

Do you understand that you use connect to send these offers on upwork

(1) (2) (Reply)

Java Prog That Converts Binary To Decimal / Where Can I Learn Programming In Owerri / Help With A Java Project...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.