Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,117 members, 7,807,366 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze (18883 Views)

Father Mbaka: Adoration Ministry Has Seen Peace, Love And Under Ugwuanyi / Governors Ugwuanyi And Umahi Attend Mbaka's Adoration Harvest Service (Photos) / Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by ghettokid1(m): 8:08am On Jun 29, 2022
Mbaka’s Adoration ban a time bomb – Ohanaeze

The youth wing of apex Igbo socio-cultural organization, Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council Worldwide, OYC, has called for the re-opening of Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka’s Adoration Ministry, warning that a prolonged closure could spell doom.

DAILY POST had reported that the ministry was shut down after Mbaka’s outburst against the Labour Party Presidential candidate, Mr. Peter Obi.

A protest from the adoration parishioners did also not help matters as a man was seen in a viral video threatening to kill Bishop Callistus Onaga of the Enugu Catholic Diocese.

Mbaka had earlier come out to say that the young man in question has mental issues and declared that he would never be part of any plan to harm the Bishop.

Reacting in statement made available to DAILY POST on Wednesday, the OYC said the prolonged closure of the Adoration Ministry was a time bomb waiting to explode.

The statement was signed by the OYC National President, Mazi Okwu Nnabuike and the Secretary, Comrade Obinna Achionye.
The group said they had been making efforts to calm the frayed nerves of Fr. Mbaka’s followers, stressing that it would be difficult to hold them for too long.

While alleging deliberate plot to frustrate Fr. Mbaka out of the ministry, the OYC said, “instead of being an upper room ministry which is what it is, like the Ebube Monso Ministry and the Catholic Prayer Ministry, Elele, Mbaka’s own has now been converted into a chaplaincy.

“Our information revealed that there is a serious gang up and conspiracy against Fr. Mbaka, in addition to plans to take over everything he has laboured for in life, with a view towards crippling his source of magnified charity to the poor masses and send him out to overseas for further studies after 28 years of his priestly ordination.”

The Ohanaeze youths also claimed to have uncovered plans to build a seminary at the Adoration ground, noting that, “if actually it is about Peter Obi, Fr. Mbaka has even apologized for his statements, and we had expected the Church authority to forgive him in line with Biblical injunctions. After all, what he said was a prophecy, the right thing was to pray against it.”
On the threat video, the group said the personality involved was a known mentally unstable character and that no one should lose sleep over “his rantings.”

They appeal to Bishop Onaga “to consider the numerous people Fr. Mbaka puts food on their table everyday. We are saying this because should they take to the streets, it would be difficult to control them. In fact, the situation is just a bomb waiting to explode. We have been talking to them but we don’t know how long we can hold them.

“This is a man who takes care of over 25,000 persons either by direct employment or charity interventions. Such a person should not be treated with levity.

“The Church should learn to practise what they preach on forgiveness. The Bible told us that forgiveness could be as much as 70 times 70. So, since the priest has apologized, the Church should look at the bigger picture and forgive him.”

https://dailypost.ng/2022/06/29/mbakas-adoration-ban-a-time-bomb-ohanaeze/#:~:text=On%20the%20threat,and%20forgive%20him.%E2%80%9D

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by ghettokid1(m): 8:09am On Jun 29, 2022
a slap on PO is a slap on Nigerians cool cool

89 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by Fira09(m): 8:09am On Jun 29, 2022
They should keep quiet.......Rev mbaka is the cause of all this...... let him face the consequence.

They are free to reopen the church,but let Rev mbaka face his music.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by ghettokid1(m): 8:09am On Jun 29, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by IamWonderful: 8:09am On Jun 29, 2022
Quite unfortunate so called Christian organization cannot take criticism, fiam the church was close down, Jesus Christ our Lord was criticized, beaten, humiliated and killed, no single person was arrested nor temple /synagogue closed down, but here in Nigeria by igbo Catholics claiming to follow Jesus, they close down church, that means if Nigerians criticism Pandora Peter Obituary like the endsars issue fiam Lagos will be close down, Oooooooooh no wonder anyone for any other presidential candidate apart from Pandora Peter Obituary are been criticized and maligned by igbos everywhere.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by abobote: 8:12am On Jun 29, 2022
This Ohanaeze talks too much this days, whilst they don't have a stand

47 Likes

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by Racoon(m): 8:13am On Jun 29, 2022
Mbaka have long violated his calling(if truly he was called) as a priest and became a political charlatan in cassock. Hence it is time for time for the church to defrock this disgrace of a man. Time bomb ko. Atomic bomb ni. Idiots!

47 Likes

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by LeoDeKing: 8:14am On Jun 29, 2022
Because of politics, a religious institution was shut down.

And one clown was screaming "antichrist" because of pandora hoebi yesterday.

Between campaigning for pandora hoebi and shutting down a cathedral, please which one is antichrist? angry

224 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by Jollyman19: 8:17am On Jun 29, 2022
Okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by duro4chang(m): 8:20am On Jun 29, 2022
Intolerance of highest order.

224 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by SocialJustice: 8:22am On Jun 29, 2022
Fool knows he has bosses but was picking up fight with someone who was bigger and more connected than him.

Do not fight a big man even when they are humble. Those guys have boys and associates that will destroy you even without their friend saying anything.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by lomprico(m): 8:28am On Jun 29, 2022
With all these threats of killing and leaving the Catholic church, it a pure indication that mbaka breeds fanatics and extremists in that camp, if I'm the bishop, I won't open it again let him go and serve like other priests in parishes. Lubbish.

15 Likes

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by Oxb90: 8:35am On Jun 29, 2022
All I know is that Mbaka is not a prophet. God does not lie. There is no way HE could have told him that Buhari was the saviour Nigeria needed in 2015. And 7yrs plus later, Nigeria is still looking for a saviour.
Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
I have never seen a Roman Catholic priest like Mbaka.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by Mandate2023: 8:48am On Jun 29, 2022
So it is a crime to speak against obi in south east be it a religious organisation or others without being attack by igbos just as dey r stupidly doing on social media

If dis was in SW or North nw the foolish ipigs would have been saying all sort of nonsense.......reason igbo can never be president of Nigeria

225 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by PresidObi: 8:54am On Jun 29, 2022
Nigeria is pregnant

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by Smithkafors(m): 8:56am On Jun 29, 2022
The place should be closed down........ He should be transferred to another location.

7 Likes

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by SmartPolician: 9:30am On Jun 29, 2022
Why do these boys who call themselves Ohaneze youths keep releasing stupid statements?

Why not directly interface with the authorities involved and find a realistic solution to problems bedeviling the region?

When you solve the problem, you can now release a press statement. How come the elders don't guide these boys? undecided

11 Likes

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by Nazgul: 9:48am On Jun 29, 2022
lomprico:
With all these threats of killing and leaving the Catholic church, it a pure indication that mbaka breeds fanatics and extremists in that camp, if I'm the bishop, I won't open it again let him go and serve like other priests in parishes. Lubbish.
I'm afraid I'd have to disagree with you.

From my understanding as a Christian, it's very wrong to shut down a church. If the pastor in charge violated the rules of the ministry, he should be pulled out from that branch, suspended and another pastor should be sent there to replace him.

When you shut down the church, what do you expect the committed members to do? Where do you expect them to worship?

I'm just imagining going to my church on Sunday and I see the place close and they tell me our Regional Overseer closed the place because he had an issue with our branch pastor, I'll just look for another church and attend.

The Catholic Church is the biggest loser here, cos if Adoration ministry remains shut till next month, they'll loose all their committed members to other churches.

8 Likes

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by NoQualmz: 10:22am On Jun 29, 2022
Lol

A time bomb in what sense?

Abi mbaka will start sending unknown gunmen to attack or shat?

I think it’s high time we classified MuRIC and Ohaneze into agents constituting nuisance in the society

4 Likes

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by iCauseTrouble: 2:37pm On Jun 29, 2022
grin
Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by Dailymice: 2:37pm On Jun 29, 2022
cheesy
Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:37pm On Jun 29, 2022
A protest from the adoration parishioners did also not help matters as a man was seen in a viral video threatening to kill Bishop Callistus Onaga of the Enugu Catholic Diocese

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by LegendHero(m): 2:38pm On Jun 29, 2022
Imagine how these guys behave like terrorists.

How do you ban someone simply because he abused and failed to support your candidate?

223 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by ILoveDemMANNA: 2:38pm On Jun 29, 2022
Na una know
Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by jmoore(m): 2:38pm On Jun 29, 2022
Ohanaeze youths Ndiara!!!

Is Mbaka higher in authority than the Bishop?

Foolish set of Mkpurummiri youths who do not speak for Igbo people.

Mbaka has been receiving preferential treatment for decades. Dem no dey transfer am? They should transfer Mbaka to Kano or Sokoto.

Mandate2023:
So it is a crime to speak against obi in south east be it a religious organisation or others without being attack by igbos just as dey r stupidly doing on social media

If dis was in SW or North nw the foolish ipigs would have been saying all sort of nonsense.......reason igbo can never be president of Nigeria

Shutup!! Why should a priest try to extort money from worshippers? Is that the duty of a priest? Even a drunkard will not speak the way Mbaka did. Abuse of the pulpit should not be tolerated.

Nazgul:

I'm afraid I'd have to disagree with you.

From my understanding as a Christian, it's very wrong to shut down a church. If the pastor in charge violated the rules of the ministry, he should be pulled out from that branch, suspended and another pastor should be sent there to replace him.

When you shut down the church, what do you expect the committed members to do? Where do you expect them to worship?

I'm just imagining going to my church on Sunday and I see the place close and they tell me our Regional Overseer closed the place because he had an issue with our branch pastor, I'll just look for another church and attend.

The Catholic Church is the biggest loser here, cos if Adoration ministry remains shut till next month, they'll loose all their committed members to other churches.
Mbaka is the biggest loser here. He has been benefitting from a franchise under the umbrella of Catholic church.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by Stevenson20: 2:38pm On Jun 29, 2022
He got what he bargained for.

Meanwhile, Ohanaeze is a very useless organization

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by youngmd: 2:39pm On Jun 29, 2022
What do these guys want

1 Like

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by Iseoluwani: 2:39pm On Jun 29, 2022
Padre mbaka is noisy... Serves him right

1 Like

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by FalseProphet1(m): 2:39pm On Jun 29, 2022

Copied....from a Nairalander's (Nazgul) post.

1 Like

Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by Millimann: 2:39pm On Jun 29, 2022
k
Re: Mbaka’s Adoration Ban A Time Bomb – Ohanaeze by Factcheck0001: 2:40pm On Jun 29, 2022
I just can’t imagine if this happens in d north or another region,I just can’t imagine what the igbos will b saying

Mbaka criticize peter obi n his church was shut down n he himself suspended,this obi is just a presidential aspirant n not yet a president n to make matters worse Peter obi is also a Christian

I wonder what will happen if peter obi becomes a president n he’s criticized?

I wonder what will happen if peter obi becomes a president n a non Igbo criticize him?

I wonder what will happen if he becomes d president an a Muslim criticizes him?

I wonder what will happen if he becomes a president n an imam criticize him?

What do U think will happen to d imam n the mosque?

N these people are the first to scream Islamization agenda

So what should we call this now?
Even to a fellow Christian?

So once obi becomes d president we should just agree to whatever he says n swallow it hook line n sinker or else…..u know d rest

North Korea loading

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Explosive! How $2.8bn Disappeared From Midland Bank Under Gen. Buhari / Police Arrest 2 Female Suspected Bombers In Abuja / Okada Riders Protest At Iyana Iba, Lagos Over Motorcycles Seizure (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.