Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,506 members, 7,801,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

20 Great Tips Before You Say "I Do" - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 20 Great Tips Before You Say "I Do" (142 Views)

What Did You Say You Won’t Do That You Are Doing Now? / How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? / Follow The Tips Before Starting A Taxi Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

20 Great Tips Before You Say "I Do" by VickypediaPHC: 5:33pm On Jun 29, 2022
SOME HELPFUL TIPS BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER YOUR WEDDING.

I will share very helpful tips that might help someone. They are purely my personal experience a few weeks ago.
NB: I am NOT a motivational speaker or marriage counsellor!

1. Most times, your future partner is within your present circle of friends. They may not be total strangers.

2. Why prayer is necessary. Prayers may not reveal who your life partner is, but they will reveal unhidden secrets beyond your knowledge, show you signs when you see the right person, wage spiritual battles for you and open doors of favour to you. A lot happens before and during your preparations for marriage.

3. If possible, NEVER marry someone without a stable means of livelihood or someone who is mentally lazy. It goes for both the man and woman. Don't be deceived, money makes a home sweeter. Times are more challenging now.

4. Weddings are NOT for everyone. Do what you can afford. Don't plan a wedding depending on ANYONE financially. There is a huge prestige and honour in shouldering your wedding financial responsibilities, especially within your limit. If support comes, count it as a PLUS. Lower your expectations of people and avoid an entitlement mentality.

5. The family you are getting married into is as important as your partner. Be super watchful, inner peace is a huge sign.

6. Family is everything! If you are privileged to come from a good and comfortable family, you are most lucky! They will guide you, stand for you, and support you more than you can ever imagine.

7. No wedding is free from disappointments. Possible though but am yet to see one. Have a plan B for all you set out to do.

8. If you can afford a wedding planner, please do. Planning for a wedding can be mentally, physically and financially exhausting.

9. Don't judge people by how much they support you during your wedding. Some genuinely care but can't support or attend your ceremony. Some can support you or attend but don't genuinely care about you. People go through challenges, you might never know.

10. Don't let show-offs and social media deceive you, most people know your financial ability or at least they can guess, if you doing more than your ability, people would know. You will make people feel you have when you don't, you will limit potential help or support.

11. Marriage is best at a young age. Don't buy pampers with your pension. You become a powerful force spiritually, financially, career or business-wise, in decision-making and otherwise. Two good heads are always better than a lone head.

12. Marry what you deserve, not what you want.

13. Waiting for a perfect partner is like telling God you need clay to mould what you want. Everyone, including you, have weaknesses. That's the essence of marriage, to cover up for your partner's inadequacies.

14. If sex, big ass or big breast is your reason for marriage, your eyes will clear after one week.

15. Few hours after your wedding ceremony, EVERYONE will leave you both to your faith, you must make a conscious effort to marry a FRIEND, not a business partner.

16. Be "selfish" in deciding on a life partner. You are making a choice not just for yourself but for your children. Don't settle for less but be sure that you are as good as what you desire.

17. Your partner has a huge influence in deciding the course of your life and destiny.

18. Don't marry out of pity or let anyone waste your time. If someone is not ready, move on to the next person. You always have other options.

19. A partner with shared values, goals and aspirations is usually better. Marry your kind.

20. God is the author of marriage, you can't succeed in this union called MARRIAGE without the author. Just like we run to manuals when we get a new gadget or electronics, BIBLE is the surest manual for marriage.

Today is exactly one month since I started my married life, sincerely, it has been wonderful and sumptuous by God's grace.

@AlikorVictor

(1) (Reply)

Prediction: NEMA Warns Kaduna Residents On Flood, Dumping Refuse On Waterways / 5 Things Deluxe Condos Deal That Lodgings Do Not. / How To Make 100k Weekly Selling Others People's Products.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.