Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

Covering Up For A Mistake A Coworker Has Made: Would You Choose Losing Your Job? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Covering Up For A Mistake A Coworker Has Made: Would You Choose Losing Your Job? (10421 Views)

The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker / "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady / How To Tell A Dominant, Overbearing Or Rude Coworker To Shut The Hell Up At Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covering Up For A Mistake A Coworker Has Made: Would You Choose Losing Your Job? by thanksjosh005: 6:20am On Jun 30, 2022
Your company has been doing well ever since until you both authored and caused the problem yet your friend is the mastermind. They (your company) never reasoned such would even happen, and now the company is about to face great deals of unprecedented crises that it takes only a miraculous intervention to counter such happenstance.

In the heat of the dreadful moment, you are torn in between and are in the middle of the devil and the deep blue sea that moment standing in front of the dreadful managerial complaints, shouting and querying that would soon cost you your job. You are put under so much intense pressure and at the heel of covering your coworker's or colleague's very expensive mistake who is the so called mastermind, in the heat of the moment. This becomes a time you can't think carefully. Would you rather lose your job to cover him/her up? Would you take blame or defend yourself to keep your job?

What would you even do?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covering Up For A Mistake A Coworker Has Made: Would You Choose Losing Your Job? by Papichulostunne(m): 6:25am On Jun 30, 2022
You wake up from the dream and make breakfast.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covering Up For A Mistake A Coworker Has Made: Would You Choose Losing Your Job? by thanksjosh005: 6:28am On Jun 30, 2022
Papichulostunne:
You wake up from the dream and make breakfast.

Let's say that was a dream. It's best to take physical action or measures to prevent such happenstance and also even keep in check in reality that such never happens

7 Likes

Re: Covering Up For A Mistake A Coworker Has Made: Would You Choose Losing Your Job? by Oyindamolah: 6:30am On Jun 30, 2022
Take the blame and defend yourself because if you loose the job, your friend will be the first to ignore you and probably block your number. But if you valueyour friendship, cover up for him and jump into the labor market so you can understand what those guys here have been facing.

24 Likes

Re: Covering Up For A Mistake A Coworker Has Made: Would You Choose Losing Your Job? by donbachi(m): 6:43am On Jun 30, 2022
Who shiit,make him pack am.

11 Likes

Re: Covering Up For A Mistake A Coworker Has Made: Would You Choose Losing Your Job? by JoeRizzla(m): 2:37pm On Jun 30, 2022
The question Is For Salary Earners !!!

4 Likes

Re: Covering Up For A Mistake A Coworker Has Made: Would You Choose Losing Your Job? by zolajpower: 2:37pm On Jun 30, 2022
thanksjosh005:
Your company has been doing well ever since until you both authored and caused the problem yet your friend is the mastermind. They (your company) never reasoned such would even happen, and now the company is about to face great deals of unprecedented crises that it takes only a miraculous intervention to counter such happenstance.

In the heat of the dreadful moment, you are torn in between and are in the middle of the devil and the deep blue sea that moment standing in front of the dreadful managerial complaints, shouting and querying that would soon cost you your job. You are put under so much intense pressure and at the heel of covering your coworker's or colleague's very expensive mistake who is the so called mastermind, in the heat of the moment. This becomes a time you can't think carefully. Would you rather lose your job to cover him/her up? Would you take blame or defend yourself to keep your job?

What would you even do?

grin

If you ask this question just to sample people's opinions then I will tell that u will forever regret ur actions throughout the rest of ur life

4 Likes

Re: Covering Up For A Mistake A Coworker Has Made: Would You Choose Losing Your Job? by Ancecoker(m): 2:37pm On Jun 30, 2022
grin

Alaye na all man for him own wahala o

If I see say na wetin my head no fit carry... I go dodge you o Asswear cool shocked

1 Like

Re: Covering Up For A Mistake A Coworker Has Made: Would You Choose Losing Your Job? by Cutehector(m): 2:37pm On Jun 30, 2022
donbachi:
Who shiit,make him pack am.
kpom kwem
Re: Covering Up For A Mistake A Coworker Has Made: Would You Choose Losing Your Job? by 1STCREATURE: 2:38pm On Jun 30, 2022
H
Re: Covering Up For A Mistake A Coworker Has Made: Would You Choose Losing Your Job? by seanwilliam(m): 2:38pm On Jun 30, 2022
Hmm
Re: Covering Up For A Mistake A Coworker Has Made: Would You Choose Losing Your Job? by free2ryhme: 2:38pm On Jun 30, 2022
thanksjosh005:

What would you even do?

It is a dog eat dog world,

Your friend will put his interest first before you.

7 Likes

Re: Covering Up For A Mistake A Coworker Has Made: Would You Choose Losing Your Job? by free2ryhme: 2:39pm On Jun 30, 2022
thanksjosh005:

What would you even do?

Every man for himself and God for us all who that is slow let the devil take him.

5 Likes

Re: Covering Up For A Mistake A Coworker Has Made: Would You Choose Losing Your Job? by Maverick777: 2:40pm On Jun 30, 2022
thanksjosh005:
Your company has been doing well ever since until you both

What would you even do?

It is in deep regret that I announce, it was a profound mistake for me to book a space in such a useless thread
so help me God!

1 Like

Re: Covering Up For A Mistake A Coworker Has Made: Would You Choose Losing Your Job? by SaturnNick(m): 2:41pm On Jun 30, 2022
Oga. This is a rhetorical question ooo. Abeg leave me alone. I am hungry

1 Like

Re: Covering Up For A Mistake A Coworker Has Made: Would You Choose Losing Your Job? by ppogba: 2:41pm On Jun 30, 2022
It has been a while since Nairalanders are asked a stupid question.

Over to you all.

3 Likes

Re: Covering Up For A Mistake A Coworker Has Made: Would You Choose Losing Your Job? by incandescentena: 2:45pm On Jun 30, 2022
Well it also puts you in a difficult spot. If you say nothing, you’re taking the fall for someone else’s mistake, which might reflect on how well (or not) your boss thinks you can do your job. But if you speak up, you risk seeming petty or even dishonest. So you have to proceed with extreme caution

Whether you take the blame or defend self that preliminary discussion will prove invaluable if things escalate and the company crashes cheesy

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Covering Up For A Mistake A Coworker Has Made: Would You Choose Losing Your Job? by fasho01(m): 2:46pm On Jun 30, 2022
Depends on the task, your role, the values of the company and if it was team work

3 Likes

Re: Covering Up For A Mistake A Coworker Has Made: Would You Choose Losing Your Job? by seunayantokun(m): 2:47pm On Jun 30, 2022
What are you covering up?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covering Up For A Mistake A Coworker Has Made: Would You Choose Losing Your Job? by Maverick777: 2:48pm On Jun 30, 2022
zolajpower:

grin

If you ask this question just to sample people's opinions then I will tell that u will forever regret ur actions throughout the rest of ur life
amen!
Re: Covering Up For A Mistake A Coworker Has Made: Would You Choose Losing Your Job? by dkdmy: 2:51pm On Jun 30, 2022
Why would I take the blame for someone else?
If the matter become a court case or police gets involved nko??

2 Likes

Re: Covering Up For A Mistake A Coworker Has Made: Would You Choose Losing Your Job? by PS712: 2:55pm On Jun 30, 2022
thanksjosh005:

What would you even do?
What was your role? You ain't clear about it. And the alleged act, is it criminal?
Re: Covering Up For A Mistake A Coworker Has Made: Would You Choose Losing Your Job? by smile11s(m): 2:57pm On Jun 30, 2022
Put yourself first and always remember that you both can lose your job and you do not want that to happen.

https://gist.am/question/if-covering-for-a-coworker-would-make-you-lose-your-job-will-you-do-it

1 Like

Re: Covering Up For A Mistake A Coworker Has Made: Would You Choose Losing Your Job? by julybaba(m): 2:58pm On Jun 30, 2022
Before you plan a dreadly scheme, just have an exit plan.
In short, KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

If you plant evil, be ready to eat bulk of it.
Re: Covering Up For A Mistake A Coworker Has Made: Would You Choose Losing Your Job? by chiefconerstone: 3:20pm On Jun 30, 2022
Since we don't know the offences, we cannot profer a solution.
You admit to been part of the scheme. That makes you culpable. Don't assume that the mastermind wouldn't pull something off when you point finger at him .
Re: Covering Up For A Mistake A Coworker Has Made: Would You Choose Losing Your Job? by gakig93563: 3:33pm On Jun 30, 2022
Hfh

Re: Covering Up For A Mistake A Coworker Has Made: Would You Choose Losing Your Job? by GUDABILITY: 3:39pm On Jun 30, 2022
I have done it before, thought they later discovered that I did what I had to do to protect others. They even called me to resume back but I refused. And I know I can still do that over and over again for no fee
Re: Covering Up For A Mistake A Coworker Has Made: Would You Choose Losing Your Job? by tonididdy(m): 3:40pm On Jun 30, 2022
Yup being there....being served!

I remember my sapa era working in a factory.
The driver of the factory truck ( my friend) went as far as outskirts of Benin city ( almost delta) to sell the company goods.

The truck broke down there, the manager found out the location of the truck & driver are was heavily furious ( he thought out loud to my hearing, that the driver was not in that location on official duties but for some personal runs. He said he would be arrested pending when the truck is repaired on the drivers salary).

As a friend,I quickly alerted the driver, my friend of the managers tots and plans.

When the manager got to the location with a tow truck, an argument started and my stupid friend angrily yelled out the managers plans and thoughts as I have told him.

The manager was furious and demanded to know how he got the information, the idiot went ahead to call my name as his source .

....and I was fired undecided
Reason: you can't keep company secrets grin
* this maybe out of context*

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Choose The Right Career Path / What's Your Fall Back Plan? / How Much Do Banks Pay Their Industrial Training Staff?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.