Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court (74846 Views)

Keyamo Dons Legal Robe, Appears At Tribunal In Tinubu’s Defence (Video, Photos) / Anambra: Court Dismisses Suit Seeking To Disqualify Charles Soludo / Anambra: Court To Deliver Judgement In Suit Against Andy Uba’s APC Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by floss(m): 8:45am On Jul 01, 2022
Ok
Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by Moh247: 8:49am On Jul 01, 2022
Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by Babinski: 8:50am On Jul 01, 2022
rolams:
If he likes, he can wear only elastic pant to the court. That is his problem. The ruling on hijab has been stamped and sealed. Are these lawyers not good enough to defeat the Muslims lawyers at the court?

These people shouting now are the cause of the case. Why were those ladies harassed with their hijabs? At least only few of them were using it then. Why can't they be ignored? But your hatred for Islam led you to this level.

The Supreme Court ruling on hijab is not based on sound judicial reasoning as other events such as a lawyers appearing in Pastoral and Traditional attires have shown. It is a parochial ruling designed to appeal only to Muslims without consideration for the multi-religious setup of the country. You cannot say a Muslim girl can wear hijab to school and then have the rights to stop a Sango worshipper boy from plating his hair to school.

When it comes to issues of their religion, a lot of Muslims have the inability to be objective. That is why it was a big mistake to have an Islamic Lawyer become the CJN. Of all religions in the country, Islamic adherents particularly in the North are the most likely to abuse power and use Government resources to push and propagate their religion without caring about the views of others or even what the Constitution says. When you have that kind of mindset and behaviour, it is only natural for adherents of other religions to hate you and not trust you.

66 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 01, 2022
Babinski:

The Supreme Court ruling on hijab is not based on sound judicial reasoning as other events such as a lawyers appearing in Pastoral and Traditional attires have shown. It is a parochial ruling designed to appeal only to Muslims without consideration for the multi-religious setup of the country. You cannot say a Muslim girl can wear hijab to school and then have the rights to stop a Sango worshipper boy from plating his hair to school.

When it comes to issues of their religion, a lot of Muslims have the inability to be objective. That is why it was a big mistake to have an Islamic Lawyer become the CJN. Of all religions in the country, Islamic adherents particularly in the North are the most likely to abuse power and use Government resources to push and propagate their religion without caring about the views of others or even what the Constitution says. When you have that kind of mindset and behaviour, it is only natural for adherents of other religions to hate you and not trust you.

Religion itself, is what have blinded the 80% citizens of this very country, Instance:
Any Federal Universities in the North, the worship place(s) in there is 80% MOSQUE!
Ain't castigating yet!

Down Here in the South Federal Universities condole 90% of CHURCHES in it, but few of MOSUES
Ain't castigating yet too!

Now the Ones of Private Universities which belongs to a Particular Church have Zero Tolerance for any other Religion Likewise Private Universities which belongs to an Islamic Proprietor(s)...

In a NUT there should be provision for all people to practice there religious activities across all PUBLIC State and Federal Universities...

PRIVATE University can do as they like but with equal treatment given to students even if they are not part of your religion

that's my say.

My Learned

5 Likes

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by phkka1(m): 9:00am On Jul 01, 2022
Revolution in Nigeria. Cut off mark settled.
Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by od501: 9:01am On Jul 01, 2022

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by Nnamebuka: 9:01am On Jul 01, 2022
UmuEri:
Tanko's surpreme court ruling must be obeyed to the later
"...to the letter"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by Splitmind: 9:02am On Jul 01, 2022
This lawyer is disrespecting Islam and needs to be arrested.

All these people are trying to mock us for having freedom of religion, but we will resist them.

My prayer is that all women across Nigeria will wear the veil.

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by Comedian2019: 9:02am On Jul 01, 2022
xmanco42:
The Muslim wear hijab out of love for their religion.
He wear his, for what? to spite the Muslim?.
I guess the difference is clear.
Everyone should follow their religion.
Did he say he wore it to spite any religion?
Except you're saying muslims wear hijab to spite other religions.

38 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by od501: 9:03am On Jul 01, 2022
nairavsdollars:
Our lawyers are going mad

The judiciary started the madness. So, let it continue

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by olisaEze(m): 9:03am On Jul 01, 2022
Reading thru comments ere, I’m surprised that the same people that applauded the SC judgement are screaming bloody murder that this young man had the effrontery to agree with them!grin

Here u can’t make a comment on a muslim related post without agreeing to their beliefs like they need to blend u into their confra before u can talk about them.
But news about pastors is like open season being declared. undecided

Seun, we’ll also need to start swearing to ayelala or ogwugwu before posting a comment on any thread about yahoo+ & ritual murder, biko! What is good for the goose will not kill the gander. grin

Till that law is revisited, courts will continue to see a rise in this sort of bizarre attitude until the judiciary is utterly bastardized!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by CommonSense1967: 9:03am On Jul 01, 2022
Another reta@ded brainwashed zero IQ attention seeking MOFO.
Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by od501: 9:03am On Jul 01, 2022
nairavsdollars:
Our lawyers are going mad

The judiciary started the madness. So, let it continue.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by emonis88: 9:03am On Jul 01, 2022
rolams:
If he likes, he can wear only elastic pant to the court. That is his problem. The ruling on hijab has been stamped and sealed. Are these lawyers not good enough to defeat the Muslims lawyers at the court?

These people shouting now are the cause of the case. Why were those ladies harassed with their hijabs? At least only few of them were using it then. Why can't they be ignored? But your hatred for Islam led you to this level.
There is no hate here, what is here is that Nigeria is a country with more than one religion, if Muslims can wear their religious attire,y can't others, abi prejudice has made u blind?

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by Splitmind: 9:04am On Jul 01, 2022
BENCHOKCONSULT:

It's an infringement on his right. Religion aside, the Supreme court decision must be obeyed to the latter. What is good for your religion is good for others as well. Nobody can monopolize madness.

This action is a criminal insult to the religious sensibilities of others. The ruling applies to the hijab only!

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by Ishilove: 9:04am On Jul 01, 2022
Let us all be mad together.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by charlypoker(m): 9:04am On Jul 01, 2022
Truthisunique2:
what have hijab done for the north wearing it

Does it stop a Yoruba Muslim woman hawing agbo from still collecting quickie from her agbo customers to test the efficacy of the man power and dry gin she sells

Well said, bro.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by tarantino1: 9:04am On Jul 01, 2022
colestephan86:

No one hates Islam,

The supreme court should have ruled that individuals should abide by the rules of the institution or organization they find themselves
But as it is , everyone is allowed to practice and dress as their religion allows.
For example in covenvent university, if you are not going to go by their rules , you better stay off.

I do. I say it with my full chest.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by kollinz1234(m): 9:05am On Jul 01, 2022
The supreme Court is now a laughing stock.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by backnbeta(f): 9:05am On Jul 01, 2022
Let's just abide by the law and respect our various religions grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by ogatboy(m): 9:05am On Jul 01, 2022
xmanco42:

You think we do not love our religion or because we are tolerant? A public place is a public place. No one said you should not dress as you like but does a school uniform involve hijab? If everybody want to be mad, let us be mad together. We also love our religion so let us be showing how much we all love our religion.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 01, 2022
I will carry calabash and dress full native doctor attire to office on Monday. Make I see the HR when get mind to give me query.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by ibechris(m): 9:06am On Jul 01, 2022

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by koolib(m): 9:06am On Jul 01, 2022
We the Muslims don't have problems with it. Let him continue till it pleases him

1 Like

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 01, 2022
xmanco42:
The Muslim wear hijab out of love for their religion
Not love but fear.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by PHIPEX(m): 9:07am On Jul 01, 2022
Very good question, what about female lawyers wearing hijab in court or does the hijab right stop in schools?

What stops other religions from exercising their own religious right?

Buhari and Tanko's supreme court ended up turning Nigeria from a secular country to a religious country.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by hatedisplace: 9:07am On Jul 01, 2022
Truthisunique2:
what have hijab done for the north wearing it

Does it stop a Yoruba Muslim woman hawing agbo from still collecting quickie from her agbo customers to test the efficacy of the man power and dry gin she sells
��������
Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by ogatboy(m): 9:07am On Jul 01, 2022
Splitmind:
This lawyer is disrespecting Islam and needs to be arrested.

All these people are trying to mock us for having freedom of religion, but we will resist them.

My prayer is that all women across Nigeria will wear the veil.

So we should not have our own freedom of religion? Did anyone stop you from wearing hijab in the mosque? Why did Buhari daughter not wear hijab during her graduation ceremony abroad? Nonsense

19 Likes

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by Masterito(m): 9:08am On Jul 01, 2022
To demonstrate leverage his right he left for professionalism
xmanco42:
Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 01, 2022
atarapa:
I will carry calabash and dress full native doctor attire to office on Monday. Make I see the HR when get mind to give me query.
Lool.. U want chase the full office comot grin

2 Likes

Re: Lawyer Wears Pastoral Robe To Anambra Court by VULCAN(m): 9:09am On Jul 01, 2022
Sometimes I wonder why I should share the same country with people who are completely devoid of any mental excellence.

So many foolish statements in the post.

All Muslim fundamentalists ever think of is fight fight and that's why they are so defensive. I'm sure you are a Muric devotee.

The Supreme Court gave you a verdict and that verdict has unintended implications. The implications have come and same you is insulting people because they are not Muslims who are fighting for their right to dress as they see fit.

Meanwhile you went to supreme court to fight for your right to dress as you see fit.

Bloody Hypocrite like you!

rolams:

29 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) / Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting / ‘I See Nigeria Split Into 5 Countries’ - Says Prophet Ignis Iribhogbe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.