Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,477 members, 7,801,201 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" (44315 Views)

Joe Igbokwe: I Will Not Rest Until Rufai Oseni Is Sacked From Arise TV / Joe Igbokwe"i Have Started The Compilation Of All Nnamdi Kanu's Videos" / Snakes, Wild Lizards, Rodents Take Over Tinapa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" by Nword22: 2:26pm On Jul 01, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

Also without Onitsha NASA will not have spare parts for their spaceships. I know.

And check out the history of Nasa and you will see this name Pride of Nigeria - Wendy Okolo.

We are not you guys mate in everything, your mates are in Niger and Togo people you share same ancestry with.

Get lost.

1 Like

Re: Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" by Naijabad: 2:29pm On Jul 01, 2022
jmoore:
Chukwuma Innocent is from Nnewi, same as Joe Igbokwe.
Innoson Motors headquarters is in Nnewi.

Tonimas is in Aba.

Saclux paints is in Aba.

His mate is the owner of Tiger food spices which is located in Onitsha.

Ariaria, Onitsha main market and many other markets in southeast have produced many millionaires.

What about Cutix cable also in Nnewi where Joe Igbokwe comes from.

The list is endless.

Joe Igbokwe is the real definition of EFULEFU!!!

Joe Utobo igbokwe is confirmed EKUKE

1 Like

Re: Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" by FLYFIRE(m): 2:36pm On Jul 01, 2022
GUTTER TALK
Re: Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" by PHIPEX(m): 2:37pm On Jul 01, 2022
Moh247:

Get more education

Lagos State was never the FCT . Old Lagos Island ( Marina and Lagos Island, VGC) was the FCT

Lagos State was under Western region from Ikeja to Badagry, to Mushin Ojota

And perhaps you don't know what Lagos State was like in 1999

Bola Ahmed Tinubu created the entire Lekki Ajah, corridor from scratch , Lagos Atlantic city, all BRT system, RRS, all Lagos Model college, almost all the newly existing health facility, Lagos independent power grid

Are you not ashamed to regurgitate this? Someone will wake up 30years from now to compare Ekiti to Abuja and claim Abuja was not developed by FG?

1 Like

Re: Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" by Abagworo(m): 2:50pm On Jul 01, 2022
Igbokwe needs deliverance from power of darkness

2 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 01, 2022
cheesy
Re: Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 01, 2022
God loves a grateful, gracious heart.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 01, 2022
Karemarealty288:
If Joe Igbokwe truly wrote this.....it will be sad that he doesn't know the right spelling of his tribe..... Ibo!
You are a genius.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" by zelnababa(m): 3:02pm On Jul 01, 2022
Nword22:

From PH TO ASABA Igboland we are ahead of your region by far.

Zamfara and Osun are in the same page when it comes to development, maybe you might be one lazy bridge dweller from Kogi ranting.
lolz Yet your ppl would not let us rest, why can't you stay in your develop town? Moreover I don't know when PH and ASABA become Afghaneastern city.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" by Tochj(m): 3:11pm On Jul 01, 2022
jmoore:

Tonimas is in Aba.

Saclux paints is in Aba.

Ariaria, Onitsha main market and many other markets in southeast have produced many millionaires.

The list is endless.

Igbokwe is pure definition of a mmee
Re: Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" by kokomilala(m): 3:11pm On Jul 01, 2022
@jmoore, I'm afraid your history of the development and evolution is not sound, narrow and obliquely distorted.

The Portuguese first came to Lagos in 1492 and left with 14 slaves. Lagos became a British colony in 1861. That's like a century before Nigeria's independence.

Because Nigeria counter penetrated Western economies, Lagos had influence on Western policy making.

But for the amalgamation and independence, Lagos would have remained a country and flourish without the impingements of destructive military rule and the pervasive convulsive civil disorder.

As we speak, Lagos attracts about 98% of the inflow of foreign investments it FDI to Nigeria. This is in spite of the fact that the capital was removed from there in 1992.

You need to understand the pull and socio-economic allure Lagos, like other coastal cities like London, New York, Rotterdam command. It's not just because it was a former capital. After all, Calabar was also a former capital.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" by AFONJAPIG(m): 3:16pm On Jul 01, 2022
jmoore:

Tonimas is in Aba.

Saclux paints is in Aba.

The list is endless.

Aba made me what I am today.. I am very grateful that I was born in Aba Ngwa

1 Like

Re: Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" by jmoore(m): 3:17pm On Jul 01, 2022
kokomilala:
@jmoore, I'm afraid your history of the development and evolution is not sound, narrow and obliquely distorted.

The Portuguese first came to Lagos in 1492 and left with 14 slaves. Lagos became a British colony in 1861. That's like a century before Nigeria's independence.

Because Nigeria counter penetrated Western economies, Lagos had influence on Western policy making.

But for the amalgamation and independence, Lagos would have remained a country and flourish without the impingements of destructive military rule and the pervasive convulsive civil disorder.

As we speak, Lagos attracts about 98% of the inflow of foreign investments it FDI to Nigeria. This is in spite of the fact that the capital was removed from there in 1992.

You need to understand the pull and socio-economic allure Lagos, like other coastal cities like London, New York, Rotterdam command. It's not just because it was a former capital. After all, Calabar was also a former capital.

Former capital + Federal presence + Seaports shaped Lagos. These factors can never be ignored. You need the understanding more.

If Lagos wasn't part of Nigeria, it will just be another Benin Republic.

1 Like

Re: Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" by Tonnierichy(m): 3:17pm On Jul 01, 2022
wickedJezibel:
tinubu is a bastard drug dealing vagabond
Na that drug dealer portrait una go hang for una office as your president next year.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 01, 2022
jmoore:

Tonimas is in Aba.

Saclux paints is in Aba.

The list is endless.

You answered him well.
A bottle of COLD BEER 4u
Re: Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" by GenerationNext: 3:43pm On Jul 01, 2022
Why did this man hate his people so much.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" by kokomilala(m): 3:46pm On Jul 01, 2022
@jmoore, you blatantly ignored the first part of the facts I stated- the Western impact. The Yoruba, would have elevated Lagos to a sophisticated level to compete with other first world cities or at least, the middle-range Asian cities.

Why are other coastal cities in Nigeria or West Africa not pulling the same weight as Lagos?

You cited the seaoport. Agreed. Other coastal cities of the world enjoy such leverage. But it being a former capital is a lame attenuation of a rush to received and collective judgement in a rather banal tone: " Lagos is flourishing because it's a former capital..bla,bla,bla". This argument has become too tedious to muster any challenge in the face of what's currently happening.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" by Joe4real1988(m): 3:58pm On Jul 01, 2022
Moh247:

Dear Peter Obi Supporters

I will post a video wearing Tinubu's facecap and T-shirt driving accross Lagos State on Monday.

If you are certain Peter Obi is the needed change, then I dare you to Put on Peter Obi top and T-shirt and walk around Anambra next Monday while making a video campaigning for Obi

Only an unfurnately miserable imbecilicc dunce would leave Tinubu who made Lagos to vote for Atiku who did nothing in Adamawa, or Peter Obi who turned Anambra to den of kidnappers and killers

Try be rational for once abeg

1 Like

Re: Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" by emmykk(m): 4:13pm On Jul 01, 2022
jmoore:

Tinubu made Lagos?

Lagos is the former capital of Nigeria. Federal government made Lagos

Lagos didn't start from 1999. It is an insult to Nigerians to say that Tinubu built Lagos.

Nigeria became a country in 1914, Lagos was made it's capital. When Nigeria got independence in 1960, Lagos remained as the capital.

The capital of Nigeria was moved to Abuja in 1991.

1914-1991, Lagos enjoyed massive support from the Federal government for 77 years.

So before you start comparing Lagos to other states, let the other states benefit by becoming a capital for 77 years.

Apart from the above did Tinubu built seaport,airport or railways.

Small time one corrupt Abuja billionaire in 77years time will say he developed Abuja.

Are you such those accrediting Lagos to Tinubu are not mad
Re: Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" by Missionaire: 4:22pm On Jul 01, 2022
jmoore:

Tonimas is in Aba.

Saclux paints is in Aba.

The list is endless.

Re: Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" by 8stargeneral: 4:43pm On Jul 01, 2022
When a prodigal son talk u will know...shame to u Joe igbokwe
Re: Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" by justjasper(m): 4:47pm On Jul 01, 2022
jmoore:

Tinubu made Lagos?

Lagos didn't start from 1999. It is an insult to Nigerians to say that Tinubu built Lagos.

Nigeria became a country in 1914, Lagos was made it's capital. When Nigeria got independence in 1960, Lagos remained as the capital.

1914-1991, Lagos enjoyed massive support from the Federal government for 77 years.

So before you start comparing Lagos to other states, let the other states benefit by becoming a capital for 77 years.
You lied. The first capital of Nigeria is calabar. Then Lokoja b4 Lagos. Take time to learn b4 speaking or writing. And for the matter at hand, most of you Ibos prefer to run from your state to do business in another man's land. I can bet with my left anus that most of you are not in the east right now reason for the "go and get your pvc" That means you guys don't have voter's card. Suddenly, no more biafra agitation. You have become Nigerians because one of you wants to govern a country you have constantly called a zoo. To shock you, u guys are never united and it's evident. Una shame de shame me. At the end, you guys will still loose because Lp or Po has no prospect as we speak. Your brothers who are governors understands Apc well and they are enjoying themselves. They know politics well and they don't hesitate to take the bull by the horn. Suddenly, Nnamdi Kanu has become an orphan in real life and in the agitation for biafra. The Saint for your once zoo country is PO. Una nor get shame and always claiming to know too much. Sincerely, check yourselves if you have been truly sincere in Nigeria as a country or not. The campaign of hate and calumny against some presidential hopefuls will only ruin your chances. What did the east get from the apc and pdp special Congresses? Shame!!!
Re: Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" by Abdu81: 4:47pm On Jul 01, 2022
Igbokwe is a lost soul.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" by Christistruth00: 4:49pm On Jul 01, 2022
jmoore:

Tinubu made Lagos?

Lagos the Capital at Independence was only Lagos Island

Please do not mix up Awolowo’s Western Region Lagos Which was all of Lagos State except Lagos Island with Lagos Island the Capital

Below is the Map of 1960 Lagos

Only Lagos Island was not in Awolowo’s Western Region , 97 % of Today’s Lagos was Carved from Awolowo’s Western Region In 1967

Re: Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" by jmoore(m): 4:50pm On Jul 01, 2022
justjasper:
You lied. The first capital of Nigeria is calabar. Then Lokoja b4 Lagos

Go back to primary school and learn!!!

Calabar was never capital of Nigeria.

Calabar was capital of southern protectorate. Nigeria started in 1914 when north and south was joined, it was called amalgamation.

Nigeria as a country had only 2 capitals since it was formed. Lagos and Abuja.

This topic is not for beer parlour customers.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" by olas24u(f): 4:54pm On Jul 01, 2022
jmoore:

Tonimas is in Aba.

Saclux paints is in Aba.

The list is endless.

Do you have a stock exchange in the east?
Re: Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" by awoo47: 4:56pm On Jul 01, 2022
Nword22:

Lagos kill you there Kogi boy, a place we have occupied,the lands there are out of reach for poor kogilite and your kinds.
na yoruba dey in power for lagos state...it doesn't matter if u occupy anything
Re: Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" by justjasper(m): 4:56pm On Jul 01, 2022
jmoore:

Go back to primary school and learn!!!

Calabar was never capital of Nigeria.

Calabar was capital of southern protectorate. Nigeria started in 1914 when north and south was joined, it was called amalgamation.

Nigeria as a country had only 2 capitals since it was formed. Lagos and Abuja.

This topic is not for beer parlour customers.
See how ignorant and deluded this one is. Go and read. I don't with charlatans.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" by benobyeze(m): 4:58pm On Jul 01, 2022
Joe yorubakwe is the most stupid I have ever seen.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" by Izzydeprince: 5:03pm On Jul 01, 2022
Igbokwe needs to have his head examined. There are great men and women in Aba counting in Billions and multi Millions running genuine businesses not the errand boy you are doing for Lagos state governor who is even your junior.
You have out of your foolishness created bleak future for your children in Nnewi and Igbo land as a whole. One thing is sure that even in the next one hundred years, you and your family will remain strangers in Yoruba land. Shame to you.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" by hardbody: 6:05pm On Jul 01, 2022
Karemarealty288:
If Joe Igbokwe truly wrote this.....it will be sad that he doesn't know the right spelling of his tribe..... Ibo! (I Before Others)

Thank you for picking that up. We are igbos and speak ibo.

If really that charlatan got that wrong, then I dissociate myself from his generation born and unborn
Re: Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" by TheOmoney(m): 6:25pm On Jul 01, 2022
Always exhibiting his IBERIBEISM

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Ben Bruce Reacts Bashir Ahmad's Listed Achievements Of Buhari / Presidency Debunks Photo Of President Buhari Being Shared As "New Photo" / Campaign Tour: See The Roads In Lagos That Pres. Buhari Will Ply On Saturday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.