Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,548,987 members, 5,872,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 22 September 2020 at 07:15 PM

Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? (22997 Views)

Ionic: Back Button Not Working On Side-menu Template / What Are You Working On Right Now / Working On Creating A Test Database. Anyone With Sample Data For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 16, 2011
why can't some of you guys work on developing a Nigerian game for Nintendo or sony. As in a fighting game where fighters speak local languages and fight Naija action style, like action moves that are totally Nigerian,  Just a thought.
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 16, 2011
A good fighting background can be oshodi market, with mama putt selling akara on the road side,
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by Markenny(m): 11:36pm On Aug 16, 2011
am working how to kiil bird with one stone

Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by AZeD1(m): 11:42pm On Aug 16, 2011
Trying to up grade my php knowledge.
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by AZeD1(m): 11:49pm On Aug 16, 2011
tundebabzy:

Anybody working on an open source project written in python?
@naija_swag: abeg give me links na. I love programming challenges
Dude wats the project?? I'm kind of interested.
I love python but found out that to survive in naija, you need to be along the line of .net, php or java
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by nnabuike1(m): 11:54pm On Aug 16, 2011
engineerd:

gosh i am glad u guys like programing, i find it boring though, i wish there were avid integrated circuit designers on nairaland. i feel so alone sad

How about ordinary circuits designer. I build and sell a variety of electronics that are devoted to energy systems(inverters, charge controllers). I also do some freelance contract stuff. Do you design intergrated circuits? VHDL? VLSI?

engineerd:

why can't some of you guys work on developing a Nigerian game for Nintendo or sony. As in a fighting game where fighters speak local languages and fight Naija action style, like action moves that are totally Nigerian,  Just a thought.

Actually I am working on something similar. A utility system that is very similar to sql but the interface is entirely in Igbo language. I don't intend to sell these but I expect lots of return$$$ from this project
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by Nobody: 12:38am On Aug 17, 2011
LOL, I do both ASIC (Verilog, Vhdl) and VLSI (Digital and Analog), you don't have to be avid jare, I am currently into RF and High-speed Analog circuit design. This is a hot field right now, difficult, not over-saturated and quite lucrative.
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by MShittu: 12:39am On Aug 17, 2011
I made an OpenSUSE-based Operating System last summer. It is pretty good. Works well enough for most computers, haha.
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by Nobody: 12:42am On Aug 17, 2011
Thank u, Now thats what i call real programming, Operating Systems programming is extremely challenging and yet interesting!
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by Nobody: 12:44am On Aug 17, 2011
Someone should try programming their own Unix Shell that can implement most of the commands like Change directory, list directory, list user privileges etc. I remember i did this project as an Undergrad, Enough segmentation faults smiley.
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by CyberG: 12:44am On Aug 17, 2011
engineerd:

This is one of the ideas I had thought about as far back as 2007 and I think it would be a big hit! Once the first one is done, it is pretty easy to re-create different games with similar scenes, will earn lots of money and lots of positive visibility for Nigeria. With the Kinect, people can practically have a feel for some flavour of "Oshodi Market" or wherever which I can guess would be really interesting to lots of non-Nigerians/Africans!

Well, I have big interests in software engineering and my last contribution to a project was an electron beam simulator (this sort of work is done in groups with everyone having a different specialty). This is the kind of tool that high tech and semiconductor corporations or researchers would need to fabricate chips for your favorite toys: phones, tv, ipad and the most advanced military systems and technology. By next month, I will be going back to this project to develop the next version of the software.

If I lived in Nigeria, I would like to have all you guys over for "Naijahackathons" - hackathons with Naija flavour and by the morning of the next day, the next revolutionary apps would be ready for the world's biggest marketplaces - Apple, Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Intel, etc!!
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by Nobody: 12:47am On Aug 17, 2011
Electron beam simulator sounds complex. Nice one. Are u in CA?? I think the Naija video game will sell too, someone should take this idea and run with it! I am willing to invest if someone cares to explore this possibility.
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by CyberG: 12:54am On Aug 17, 2011
Yes.
Indeed, it is complex and electron interactions in the materials are very complex indeed so code can only be written after extensive experimentation and even more involved processing.

Naija-themed adventure/action game with a lot of rich graphics and movement would be a real hit for XBOX, PS3, Wii for sure. I would invest time and efforts in such a venture.
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by hothead(m): 1:32am On Aug 17, 2011
here is what am working on http://adeakure-sida.myminicity.com
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by nnabuike1(m): 2:50am On Aug 17, 2011
engineerd:

LOL, I do both ASIC (Verilog, Vhdl) and VLSI (Digital and Analog), you don't have to be avid jare, I am currently into RF and High-speed Analog circuit design. This is a hot field right now, difficult, not over-saturated and quite lucrative.

Impressive. It is like I breath analog design. I agree that is a lucrative field, given that so few EE's are good at analog design.

Only problem is that it is hard to consolidate business where IC design is main product, so most of us have to settle with discrete components and import IC from China overseas
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by Danyl(m): 9:08am On Aug 17, 2011
am working on a utility software,which has the capability to display records based on record days and months,its going to be out soon.
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by sadyeek(m): 9:22am On Aug 17, 2011
Hey guys! Great work.

Anyways, i got a question. It might sound dumb, so forgive me if u feel that way.

Can a Mechanical Engineer explore some Options in this field??
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by pepperoni(f): 10:20am On Aug 17, 2011
WOW!!! tHeRe IsN't AnY fEmAlE's CoMmEnT oN dIs PaGe. ArE wE sAyInG dAt We DoN't HaVe FeMaLe PrOgRaMmErS??!!
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by teemon: 10:23am On Aug 17, 2011
I just finished www.ibetam.com you can check it out!
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by netghost: 10:50am On Aug 17, 2011
creating a compression program for a frnd using huffman coding algorithm , C#
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by 3direct: 11:02am On Aug 17, 2011
Am working on FB apps for e-marketing!!
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 17, 2011
I am working on a RIA (Rich Internet Application), Its going to change the way people use Social Networks
My target audience is those who have dual core systems with adobe flash installed. I am also waiting to see HTML5 support the rtmp protocol, and supports for more advanced features then i will bring on the mobile users along.
Also looking at having a mobile java app to balance up and probably android
I am using the red5 streaming server to see how we can improve the user experience.

While working on this, I actually configured me to accept facebook.com as my competitor.
seems to be working for me.

Should be through in 7 days i guess.
it will show up here -> http://www.kilonsele.com/
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by paule: 11:46am On Aug 17, 2011
Currently working on Logistics Inspection Management System (LIMS) for an oil & gas firm, will be through next month
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by gee2(m): 11:52am On Aug 17, 2011
hai guys,
can any programmer hook up with me, gat sum kinda project which requires programmin though i got sum1 bt i stil nid sum oda guys especially software. geegbenga@yahoo.com or 08027664708 n 08062993223.
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by Fayimora(m): 12:33pm On Aug 17, 2011
I posted some here
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 17, 2011
CURRENTLY WORKING ON THE MOBILE VERSION OF IPAYMART.COM

http://www.ipaymart.com/mobile/

almost 95% done.
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by benom(m): 3:21pm On Aug 17, 2011
Hi all,
Anyone worked with ABAP? Taking ABAP and MS Powershell classes this fall and I might need some help.
Just finished VB.Net and SQL Server, Could help out a lot on that , lol
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by ufumes(m): 3:37pm On Aug 17, 2011
Just finished programming an application for interacting with an industrial machine through serial port, am currently working on an auto dialer application that would "flash" gsm numbers and verify their validity. Am programming with visual studio.
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by horlla(m): 4:18pm On Aug 17, 2011
Fayimora and Others,

I am currently developing an automation system(my first experience with web development) for inventory and invoice of a supermarket using PHP and MYSQL. I am having difficulty reducing my stock automatically anytime sales is made. PLS HELPPPPPPPPPPP. Do u have a sample of such program in php and MYSQL.

Thank U
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by texazzpete(m): 6:15pm On Aug 17, 2011
engineerd:

CyberG:

This is one of the ideas I had thought about as far back as 2007 and I think it would be a big hit! Once the first one is done, it is pretty easy to re-create different games with similar scenes, will earn lots of money and lots of positive visibility for Nigeria. With the Kinect, people can practically have a feel for some flavour of "Oshodi Market" or wherever which I can guess would be really interesting to lots of non-Nigerians/Africans!

Precisely why many Nigerian programmers remain dirt poor. Any realist would tell you that this will NOT sell well. Have you any idea how expensive console devkits are? Or the massive amount of time you'd have to spend coding, designing etc and then extensive bug testing to obtain certification for release on consoles. You'll definitely have your work cut out with Nintendo grin

Then target market comes into play. It seems like a good idea now but you'll find that less than 500 Nigerians will be willing to pay full price for your game. Rampant piracy will cripple you too. Then you'd be left with lacklustre sales and staff salary backlogs.

Realistic targets and plans should be your watchword!
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by nnabuike1(m): 8:19pm On Aug 17, 2011
texazzpete:

Precisely why many Nigerian programmers remain dirt poor. Any realist would tell you that this will NOT sell well. Have you any idea how expensive console devkits are? Or the massive amount of time you'd have to spend coding, designing etc and then extensive bug testing to obtain certification for release on consoles. You'll definitely have your work cut out with Nintendo grin

Then target market comes into play. It seems like a good idea now but you'll find that less than 500 Nigerians will be willing to pay full price for your game. Rampant piracy will cripple you too. Then you'd be left with lacklustre sales and staff salary backlogs.

Realistic targets and plans should be your watchword!

You need to have actually conceptualized, designed/developed, debugged and then marketed a product to realize that your statement is totally false. For starters, this product if successfully developed will be one of its kind in the world and that almost always means success.

As for your objections to the amount of time/coding, I will have you know that all novel projects, even those that seem most trivial take a great deal of time to develop, the rewards come in the later versions, births of the initial investment in time/effort where new products are just modifications/additions to your original produt.

I myself think that the idea is very good and it will be successful if it is launched
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by buston01: 9:01pm On Aug 17, 2011
im working a virtual school with php, Ajax and J2EE. I love it because its challenging

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Build A Mobile App Without Knowing Any Programming Language or line of code. / Without Using Pow Function In C / Difference Between Visual Basic And Visual Basic .NET

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.