Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,596 members, 7,801,716 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? - Programming (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? (25132 Views)

Ionic: Back Button Not Working On Side-menu Template / What Are You Working On Right Now / Working On Creating A Test Database. Anyone With Sample Data For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by orbitame2011: 10:15am On Apr 01, 2013
authurowen: @orbitame2011
I went to that site and didn't spend 1 second before closing it. You need a designer to evaluate every little bits and details.
When it comes to the Web, UI is a major issue. A well design Webpage or Software Application will entice your visitor into getting to really know what the app does.

@Gomez. I am very much impressed with your work (or whoever owns the Church+) CMS ... the Idea is Very Unique
Are u sure u are sincere with that ur comment because i was on ur Kobolist on my phone just now and comparing d little design dat's even on Torbita to dat of Kobolist(kobolist just open as an ordinary Html page and i try to reload it is still thesame).So am not trying to get ur message,are u saying it should be an ordinary Html page like Kobolist?And also take note that a website expecting much trafics must try to reduce d level of graphics on the site.Thank u.
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by CodeHouse: 1:23am On Apr 02, 2013
Perfecting my compiler...
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by shawncox: 5:27am On Apr 03, 2013
My boss asked me to develop a barcode scanner app, which could not only scan most linear & 2d barcodes but also maintain the scanning records.
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by experience(m): 8:48pm On Apr 04, 2013
Phemmmy: IF WE DON'T DEVELOPE OUR OWN COMPLILERS THEN WE WILL ALWAYS BE TRYING TO MEET UP THE EXISTING ONES.
WHICH I DON'T SEE FEASIBLE.

Please could you further expatiate on this for the benefit of others; I am of the opinion that this could be the final step to actually owning the whole software chain.
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by Olyboy16(m): 3:28am On Apr 06, 2013
Hello people, my name's "my name" and i hope i'l find a fellow java frat here.
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by hoodboi(m): 10:30am On Apr 08, 2013
working on a social plugin for xoops, using ajax,jquery,css 3 and html 5
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by stanliwise(m): 8:42am On Apr 18, 2013
Phemmmy: IF WE DON'T DEVELOPE OUR OWN COMPLILERS THEN WE WILL ALWAYS BE TRYING TO MEET UP THE EXISTING ONES.
WHICH I DON'T SEE FEASIBLE.
yeas it is a good idea but it comes with many responsibilty and time devotion with a legion of programmer to do dat especially in nigeria
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by ridott02: 4:56pm On Apr 18, 2013
Olyboy16: Hello people, my name's "my name" and i hope i'l find a fellow java frat here.
Definately,Java man ℓ̊​ have been finding javaperson ti share idea with all these while.
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by macwilcy1: 1:46am On Apr 19, 2013
I have been working on a social networking website using php - http://www.friendsinteract.com Though am having some challenges and I very much welcome any help. Thank you

The challenge am having is that when a user logs in, his or her own post is fetched first before other of his or her friends post is fetched. Inside the database, there is a column that contain the a user's friends username separated by comma (,) for instance - macwilcy,cy,cyril,cy1,macwilcy1,... I want to use the username to fetch post made by users ordering it by date. I initially used "SELECT * FROM table_name WHERE username = '$username' ORDER BY DATE" but it was fetching the posts starting from the first username to the last username regardless of which user's post is the latest post. I will very much appreciate your help. Thanks
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by bakenda(m): 4:24pm On Apr 19, 2013
macwilcy1: I have been working on a social networking website using php - http://www.friendsinteract.com Though am having some challenges and I very much welcome any help. Thank you

The challenge am having is that when a user logs in, his or her own post is fetched first before other of his or her friends post is fetched. Inside the database, there is a column that contain the a user's friends username separated by comma (,) for instance - macwilcy,cy,cyril,cy1,macwilcy1,... I want to use the username to fetch post made by users ordering it by date. I initially used "SELECT * FROM table_name WHERE username = '$username' ORDER BY DATE" but it was fetching the posts starting from the first username to the last username regardless of which user's post is the latest post. I will very much appreciate your help. Thanks

Do you mean you have a column that contains comma separated values of username[b]s[/b]?!
To start with, that's a bad design, you should have a separate table that stores the friendship relationship,
i.e friends table with columns id,username,friend...something like that...
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by ridott02: 8:03am On Apr 21, 2013
bakenda:

Do you mean you have a column that contains comma separated values of username[b]s[/b]?!
To start with, that's a bad design, you should have a separate table that stores the friendship relationship,
i.e friends table with columns id,username,friend...something like that...
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by Layormih: 9:02pm On Apr 21, 2013
Good Evening all, my name is Layo , a final year student in Covenant University and i would really like to use this medium to solicit for respondents to a questionnaire I am working on for my final year project. Please anyone who is or has been involved in the whole process of software development should please go to the link below and fill . Thank you very much.
Please you can drop your comments for clarification.Thank you
The link is https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1XrJ0oBSOgnK_LvSj7KPulSkxACx61LLgWCHcDfmYmSE/viewform

Please if you are interested, do try and fill it before Wednesday at the latest. God bless you .
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by dpuzo: 9:19am On Apr 22, 2013
Layormih: Good Evening all, my name is Layo , a final year student in Covenant University and i would really like to use this medium to solicit for respondents to a questionnaire I am working on for my final year project. Please anyone who is or has been involved in the whole process of software development should please go to the link below and fill . Thank you very much.
Please you can drop your comments for clarification.Thank you
The link is https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1XrJ0oBSOgnK_LvSj7KPulSkxACx61LLgWCHcDfmYmSE/viewform

Please if you are interested, do try and fill it before Wednesday at the latest. God bless you .
I tot they dnt allow internet in your school
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by ichommy(m): 10:06am On Apr 22, 2013
dpuzo:
I tot they dnt allow internet in your school

hahaha, bro they do, but they deactivated in hostel, we do use free wireless @ University Chapel, Cafeteria 2, and Canaan cuisine.
@ Layo, which Dept are you? Maybe i can help.
Thanks
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by ridott02: 4:40pm On Apr 22, 2013
wink[/i][i][i][/i]
naija_swag: Been reading and solving all the programming projects in a certain algorithms book.working on my first commercial project,a management software and preparing and doing a lot of programming challenges-thank Jesus my first major solutions was accepted on one of the sites yesterday night.
Hello,I will want you τ̲̅ȍ share the way you arrange your codes and the way you run it.
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by esdrpa: 4:39am On Apr 25, 2013
im developing an ai program in prolog

1 Like

Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by ridott02: 7:37am On Apr 25, 2013
esdrpa: im developing an ai program in prolog

Which of the programm are you developing on?Is it java or .net?
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by embee3(m): 4:00pm On Apr 27, 2013
Any words of advice to the beginners Am learning C# and seriously, its more fun than I anticipated.
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by kobikwelu(m): 9:51pm On Apr 29, 2013
Developing a compiler is not impossible, but the logistics would be almost insurmountable in the Nigerian context.
You don't just need a generic programmer, you need compiler programmers...lots of them ...lots of smart ones and they don't come cheap...

How many of them do we have in Nigeria?
How many expatriates would be willing to relocate to the country even on a contract basis?

Questions questions questions ....with sooo few answers
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by kobikwelu(m): 9:52pm On Apr 29, 2013
Any words of advice to the beginners Am learning C# and seriously, its more fun than I anticipated.

^^^^^

practice and practice!!
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 30, 2013
Any one participating in Google Summer of code ? It's a Google program where students are connected to IT organizations who guides the students on programming projects.....Registration is On.
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by kobikwelu(m): 7:43pm On May 03, 2013
Platform migration to reflect the new US HCR (Health Care Reform) which would come in effect in october 2014..

Basically done in Java

a 2 year project.....

ponder that
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by sardius: 9:43pm On May 05, 2013
Deployed and still developing facebook social graph based app for amazing stories : www.loonywire.com
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 08, 2013
i currently working on PLANTATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR A CLIENT WHO IS INTO FARMING.
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by kobikwelu(m): 10:24pm On May 08, 2013
^^^^

you alone??
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by PrinceOvie: 10:29am On May 10, 2013
iGravity:

One thing you should consider is using AJAX ro reload the page for new tweets. I cannot even post because the page is constantly refreshing

It looks very daft, may be I will help you develop it, but I only do Monetary Profitable Stuffs...
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by PrinceOvie: 10:31am On May 10, 2013
engineerd: gosh i am glad u guys like programing, i find it boring though, i wish there were avid integrated circuit designers on nairaland. i feel so alone sad

I am with you man..
Re: Programmers: What Project(s) Are You Working On Now? by PrinceOvie: 10:45am On May 10, 2013
I just wanna start working on a program that will store huge amount of current in a micro chip even smaller than mtn sim to power the whole Nigeria so we will all say goodbye to lights out and power shortages..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mini Web Application Coding Challenge For Programmers / How Do I Start Please / List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.