Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

Jungle Justice: Good Or Bad Thing - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jungle Justice: Good Or Bad Thing (1486 Views)

Photos: Jungle Justice For Indian Rapists Who Raped & Hung 7-year-old Girl / The Good Or Bad Things That Happen To You In 2012? / Kidnapped Micheal Osagiede Freed After 6 Years In The Jungle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jungle Justice: Good Or Bad Thing by snazzydawn(f): 8:31pm On Aug 12, 2007
On my way to church for clean-up I saw a gruesome sight. A man was being burned. Reason? He stole a woman's handbag. I felt really bad at how bad things have become in this country, that human beings could roast their fellow human being. Now, I am not condoning the act of stealing, but I do not think that jungle justice is right either. What is your take on jungle justice, lynching or whatever else you may call it?

http://www.snazzydabomb..com/ Enjoy.
Re: Jungle Justice: Good Or Bad Thing by ghettochyk(f): 9:00pm On Aug 12, 2007
I hate this kinda thing. Jungle justice is totally wrong. I wish the Nigerian govt would step up and stop it all. I've too many stories similar to this one. My cousins told me about the same incident that they witnessed with their own eyes not so long ago that involved some lil kid. A common handbag, give me a break!! He cuda got arrested, but that's definitely not the reason to TAKE AWAY SOMEBODY'S LIFE!!! angry this is one of those things that almost make me HATE Nigeria. Sure they should get punished for committing crimes, but not at the extent of random people executing the criminal!

Jungle Justice in most cases are very BARBARIC and Totally unecessary. Even a mere accusation can get you killed. I'm sure some folks have lost their lives becos someone "accused" them of stealing.
Re: Jungle Justice: Good Or Bad Thing by ghettochyk(f): 9:05pm On Aug 12, 2007
I just read a lil bit from your blog. You see people are quick to persecute others. They have their own hidden sins. No man is God. After, they'll wonder why they suffer so much. Now this guy that stole a hand bag (call it robbery, petty theft or whatever you like) didn't even get a chance to repent for his sin and if he's in hell right now, I hope all those people that encouraged the killing can still look at themselves in the mirror. I bet the owner of that handbag has it back now, and all those people who helped kill the man are back to their daily lives without a care for the lady or her handbag.
Re: Jungle Justice: Good Or Bad Thing by snazzydawn(f): 9:07pm On Aug 12, 2007
It was very touching, looking at him struggling to live, I could see the fire envelope him, I looked at the crowd, some were using sticks to hold him down, others were looking on, smiling and pointing at him, happy that a "thief" had been caught. It was really pathetic. I went to church, I could not coordinate my senses again. I had to blog about it, this time from the dead robber's view. That is why that link is there. cry
Re: Jungle Justice: Good Or Bad Thing by ghettochyk(f): 9:14pm On Aug 12, 2007
Man, I don't even wanna think about it. It's really upsetting me right now. I really hate when people that kinda thing. I wonder if that makes them feel better about themselves right now. On a frikkin Sunday. I'm sure there all are "BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS" too. You know, the kinda Christians that their hands almost touch the ceiling during praise and worship time at church. Very PATHETIC!!! angry angry angry angry
Re: Jungle Justice: Good Or Bad Thing by dafman(m): 9:42pm On Aug 12, 2007
I witnessed something like this in warri some years back. A lady probably in her 30's maybe 40's was stalking a woman who was in her shop with her baby nearby, when the lady noticed that the baby strayed some few metres away and the mother was in the shop busy attending to customers, she made for the baby and took off with an Okada waiting nearby, but luck ran out of her as the mother immediately noticed that her baby was no where in sight, she immediately screamed and people gathered and before you could say Jack Robinson, the crowd got hold of the baby snatcher and beat her mercilessly, tore her clothes to shreds, used all kinds of objects to hit and poke her, then they finally got hold of some used tires, placed it round her neck and set her ablaze. it was plain horrible, it was the most horrific sight I had ever seen. There was even a camera crew from delta tv on the scene prior to when she was burnt, so the whole thing was caught on tape, before the mob set her ablaze, the journalist convinced the mob to allow him interview the victim, he asked her if it was true she tried to steal the baby, with pains she kept saying, " carry me go police station, na me do am". It was on the news the next day.

After that event, I regarded people as animals until proven otherwise because descending on a human being in that way was crazy, the glee in their eyes, the brutality, I just can't imagine any sane person partaking in that kind of behaviour.

(1) (Reply)

Difference Between Poor & Rich ! / Charcoal Suppliers Needed / Photos: Bells University Of Technology Student Dies After Asthma Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.