Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,463 members, 7,808,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

16 year old sister to marry a 35 year old man - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 16 year old sister to marry a 35 year old man (2810 Views)

My 14-Year-Old Sister Made Shocking Revelations, How Can I Manage The Situation? / 16 Year Old Girl Gives Birth To Triplets In Delta / 9yr Old Boy Pregnanted Her 16yr Old Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

16 year old sister to marry a 35 year old man by Daytonbale: 5:00pm On Jul 25, 2011
WILL YOU ALLOW YOUR PRETTY 16 YEARS OLD SISTER TO MARY A MAN OF THIRTY FIVE YEARS OLD ?
THE BOTH PARTY ARE FROM SOUTHERN PART OF NIGERIA.
SHE JUST WROTE HER WAEC THIS YEAR.

THE GIRL MOTHER HAS AGREE BUT THE BROTHERS DOES NOT WANT THE MAN .

THE GIRL HATE THE MAN IN EVERY THING BUT THE MOTHER IS FORCING THE GIRL TO MARY THE MAN, JUST BECAUSE THE MAN HOLD A LITTLE CASH
Re: 16 year old sister to marry a 35 year old man by Smilenw(f): 5:11pm On Jul 25, 2011
No, 35 or 25, a 16year old is still a child in many ways.
Re: 16 year old sister to marry a 35 year old man by zayhal(f): 8:36pm On Jul 25, 2011
How can a mother force her own daughter on a man? Does this kind of thing still happen? The brothers should help the girl elope!
Re: 16 year old sister to marry a 35 year old man by 2mch(m): 8:41pm On Jul 25, 2011
The man is a child molester and has bought the mother. The mother is selfish and looking out for her own comfort by all means. Where is your father? If you dont have one, i am sure the boys in the house can stand up to the mother. Let your sister go to school. Besides, she does not like the man, that marriage will be equal to modern day slavery. Shameless parent.
Re: 16 year old sister to marry a 35 year old man by r231(m): 8:44pm On Jul 25, 2011
Daytonbale:

WILL YOU ALLOW YOUR PRETTY 16 YEARS OLD SISTER TO MARY A MAN OF THIRTY FIVE YEARS OLD ?
THE BOTH PARTY ARE FROM SOUTHERN PART OF NIGERIA.
SHE JUST WROTE HER WAEC THIS YEAR.

THE GIRL MOTHER HAS AGREE BUT THE BROTHERS DOES NOT WANT THE MAN .

THE GIRL HATE THE MAN IN EVERY THING BUT THE MOTHER IS FORCING THE GIRL TO MARY THE MAN, JUST BECAUSE THE MAN HOLD A LITTLE CASH

who is MARY?
Re: 16 year old sister to marry a 35 year old man by DBestDoc(f): 9:33am On Jul 26, 2011
r231:

who is MARY?
Oga u're not serious.lol.
He meant to write MARRY
Re: 16 year old sister to marry a 35 year old man by ifyalways(f): 11:57am On Jul 26, 2011
2mch:

The man is a child molester and has bought the mother. The mother is selfish and looking out for her own comfort by all means. Where is your father? If you dont have one, i am sure the boys in the house can stand up to the mother. Let your sister go to school. Besides, she does not like the man, that marriage will be equal to modern day slavery. Shameless parent.
gbam
Re: 16 year old sister to marry a 35 year old man by bashydemy(m): 3:49pm On Jul 26, 2011
That is crazy i think its a modern day slavery
Re: 16 year old sister to marry a 35 year old man by mutter(f): 12:24am On Jul 27, 2011
There just are not enough facts to be judgemental about this. The hard reality of life for some people do not allow them the luxury of making choices. What if the family does not have enough money to send the girl or her siblings to school? What happens to most girls from such homes do they not end up selling themselves on a daily basis to different men. That is a form of slavery too. Without an insight into the true situation I cannot condemn the mother outright. A hungry man has little regard for morals because he is reduced to the level of an animal. Who knows in the long run which plight would be harder for the girl.

1 Like

Re: 16 year old sister to marry a 35 year old man by bashydemy(m): 7:37am On Jul 27, 2011
^^ i think you might be right too
Re: 16 year old sister to marry a 35 year old man by blacklion(m): 8:12am On Jul 08, 2012
mutter: There just are not enough facts to be judgemental about this. The hard reality of life for some people do not allow them the luxury of making choices. What if the family does not have enough money to send the girl or her siblings to school? What happens to most girls from such homes do they not end up selling themselves on a daily basis to different men. That is a form of slavery too. Without an insight into the true situation I cannot condemn the mother outright. A hungry man has little regard for morals because he is reduced to the level of an animal. Who knows in the long run which plight would be harder for the girl.

Very good perspective from Mutter. Nigerians are hypocrites and very judgemental.

The 35 year old man is a closet pedophile and the girl should not be forced to marry him.

But the real question is - what next for the girl and her siblings?

1 Like

Re: 16 year old sister to marry a 35 year old man by meobizy(f): 10:36pm On Mar 12, 2019
...and eight years later, did the marriage still hold?
Re: 16 year old sister to marry a 35 year old man by baby124: 3:38am On Mar 13, 2019
mutter:
There just are not enough facts to be judgemental about this. The hard reality of life for some people do not allow them the luxury of making choices. What if the family does not have enough money to send the girl or her siblings to school? What happens to most girls from such homes do they not end up selling themselves on a daily basis to different men. That is a form of slavery too. Without an insight into the true situation I cannot condemn the mother outright. A hungry man has little regard for morals because he is reduced to the level of an animal. Who knows in the long run which plight would be harder for the girl.
Even if she sells herself to men in the future it will be her OWN decision. The mother has no right to decide what and who she should marry. Who told you by the way that there are not a lot of hardworking young women from poor homes out there? A lot of them do not sell their bodies and they work hard and make it in life. Please and please do not support such a barbaric act! The 35yr old obviously has something wrong with him if he has to force himself on a child who does not want him. He’s obviously attracted to children. When she grows older she will lose appeal and then we will have a young damaged woman, who will probably be abandoned with children while he chases younger girls. Just because the mother was desperate to sell her own child. Rubbish.

OP let that girl grow, mature, go to school, thrive and be the woman she hopes and dreams to be. If she is focused she will succeed. Good one from the brothers for resisting this evil.

2 Likes

Re: 16 year old sister to marry a 35 year old man by meobizy(f): 4:09am On Mar 13, 2019
baby124:

Even if she sells herself to men in the future it will be her OWN decision. The mother has no right to decide what and who she should marry. Who told you by the way that there are not a lot of hardworking young women from poor homes out there? A lot of them do not sell their bodies and they work hard and make it in life. Please and please do not support such a barbaric act! The 35yr old obviously has something wrong with him if he has to force himself on a child who does not want him. He’s obviously attracted to children. When she grows older she will lose appeal and then we will have a young damaged woman, who will probably be abandoned with children while he chases younger girls. Just because the mother was desperate to sell her own child. Rubbish.

OP let that girl grow, mature, go to school, thrive and be the woman she hopes and dreams to be. If she is focused she will succeed. Good one from the brothers for resisting this evil.
It’s all right, it’s all right.
This is eight years later and all parties are legal now.
The man is 43 while the girl (now woman) is 24.
I only want to know if the marriage went ahead.
The OP is still active but I doubt he’ll give feedback.
He didn’t respond eight years ago and I’m sure he won’t respond now.
Me thinks this is a made up story.
He was looking for attention out of boredom.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

She Asked For My Help =>senegalese Refugee {tina Abdel}..is She Lying? / Sisters Fighting Each Other For Over 5 Years....both Sides Of The Story..... / For Guys Only!!!!!!!ladies Keep Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.