Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,388 members, 7,808,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market (65961 Views)

Man Shares Video Of N2k Food He Was Served At A Lagos Hotel / What I Got As Cutlery In A Lagos Eatery / The N16k Prawn, Plantain Served In A Lagos Hotel (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 15, 2022
SmartPolician:
Good evening, Nairalanders.

I hope you people are doing great.
So, I decided to go to a Lagos market, buy ingredients for stew and make a pot of stew.

This is what I could buy with over 8k.

Meat = 3k
Veg oil= 4k (King's oil - 2 litres)
Tomato and pepper = 600
Maggi = 100
Onions= 100
Tomato paste = 500 (5 sachets)
Curry leaves = 100

Total = #8400

I want to use this opportunity to appeal to Mr. Seun to incorporate into Nairaland bots that will track keywords used for online begging and block them.

Since some people have decided to foist on everyone bad leaders whom we clearly know have no plans for the country. Let's suffer together if they win but begging on Nairaland should be banned.
...sai buhari.... tinubu come and increase the suffering...
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by robinso01(m): 6:35pm On Jul 15, 2022
shortIGBOman:
Wow,una dey enjoy for Lagos. Things are still cheap in Lagos, compared to South EAST. This food stuffs you bought for 8,500 in Lagos is worth over 15k here in the EAST.

We are really suffering here in the East. Buhari and UN should come to our aid. An average man can no longer afford to eat in the East. Price of everything has gone beyound the reach of the comon man in the East.

The media is not reporting the rate at which we are suffering here.

Agụ na-egbu anyị n'alaIgbo

Anambra is the worst of it all. Food are too costly in igbo land

2 Likes

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by emerged01(m): 6:35pm On Jul 15, 2022
Earlystar698:
Them beat cheat you for meat, ain't buying that meat for 2k,1500 or 1700 and it's will be bigger than yours
Hmm, I can stand as witness to that guy,that meat is 3k.
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by SKINDOGGY: 6:35pm On Jul 15, 2022
abobote:

Are you kidding me ?
The same Alaigbo I spent 1month with my family, between February and March.
Tell us another joke
don't mind the guy, he's not even Igbo just a catfish
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by casualobserver: 6:35pm On Jul 15, 2022
shortIGBOman:
Wow,una dey enjoy for Lagos. Things are still cheap in Lagos, compared to South EAST. This food stuffs you bought for 8,500 in Lagos is worth over 15k here in the EAST.

We are really suffering here in the East. Buhari and UN should come to our aid. An average man can no longer afford to eat in the East. Price of everything has gone beyound the reach of the comon man in the East.

You are the ones causing your own problems in the east.

1 Like

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Astar007: 6:36pm On Jul 15, 2022
successking401:
Everything is expensive now

Anyway ...

If you know anybody suffering from anything that spells infection e.g wormlike movement in d body,staphylococus,premature ejaculation,tooth ache,stubborn boil, fibroid,piles,cough,no matter how long it have been. Contact me check my signature for my contact details

I know someone who needs ur help sir
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by shantti(m): 6:36pm On Jul 15, 2022
shortIGBOman:

U this ikwere boy, gini bu nsogbu gi? O gini?
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by LienwaltAbel(m): 6:37pm On Jul 15, 2022
abobote:

Are you kidding me ?
Tell us another joke
The guy is a fvcking stupid tribalist. Don't mind him
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Sucolee(m): 6:37pm On Jul 15, 2022
Op,who asked u to buy 2ltrs of vegetable oil?
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by bonnyhope: 6:38pm On Jul 15, 2022
ufotty2001:
Do you drink King oil in your house. Please, try and avoid all this oil as much as possible. It is not good for our health. They are all cancerous

So which oil you de use?

Don't tell me you are using palm oil for every type of food
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by LienwaltAbel(m): 6:39pm On Jul 15, 2022
Haba day thing na 2k meat for this side nah. Besides, you for just buy chicken, healthier and tastier.
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by lomprico(m): 6:39pm On Jul 15, 2022
LoveNbeloved:
Is that 3k meat?

I dey reason am sef undecided
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by favinvest: 6:39pm On Jul 15, 2022
I think that my quarter plot of land in ibeju lekki will need to be turned into a farm land..

after we used to farm when we were in the village.!
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by LienwaltAbel(m): 6:39pm On Jul 15, 2022
ufotty2001:
Do you drink King oil in your house. Please, try and avoid all this oil as much as possible. It is not good for our health. They are all cancerous
Mr doctor and researcher, where you get this one from.

1 Like

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by tony0806: 6:40pm On Jul 15, 2022
wirinet:

Because all of those sold in big nylon for N1500 are unhealthy adulterated oil. They foam when using it to fry something and has an unpleasant taste.

Original unadulterated Kings oil is quite expensive.

Kings oil has same 1liter satchet size. Same quality.

1 Like

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by lightnlife: 6:40pm On Jul 15, 2022
Cancerous?

So which do you recommend?

ufotty2001:
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by lomprico(m): 6:40pm On Jul 15, 2022
abobote:

Are you kidding me ?
Tell us another joke

It's sarcasm
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by shantti(m): 6:40pm On Jul 15, 2022
twilliamx:

Na people wey go go market dey tell meat seller say make he cut 3k meat instead of them to carry a big chunk and price it. That meat is too damn small for 3k.

U sure say u no be woman. See pricing technique shocked shocked
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 15, 2022
SmartPolician:
Good evening, Nairalanders.

I hope you people are doing great.
So, I decided to go to a Lagos market, buy ingredients for stew and make a pot of stew.

This is what I could buy with over 8k.

Meat = 3k
Veg oil= 4k (King's oil - 2 litres)
Tomato and pepper = 600
Maggi = 100
Onions= 100
Tomato paste = 500 (5 sachets)
Curry leaves = 100

Total = #8400

I want to use this opportunity to appeal to Mr. Seun to incorporate into Nairaland bots that will track keywords used for online begging and block them.

Since some people have decided to foist on everyone bad leaders whom we clearly know have no plans for the country. Let's suffer together if they win but begging on Nairaland should be banned.

I'm not really surprised. I spent N60,000 Just to restock basic groceries at the beginning of this month because I still have foodstuffs at home. I spent N130,000 to celebrate Salah. Lamenting on the situation of this nation Is Just a waste of time. Just do what the big fishes are doing and flow with the trend till you find your way out or stay back If you like. What happens with the poor people Is none of my business. Everybody will be fine..
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by GodwinIO(m): 6:40pm On Jul 15, 2022
These 3k meat is just like #500 meat here at oji river market Enugu state,
Are you sure these is 3k meat
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 15, 2022
cheesy Oya cook make we chop abeg
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by lomprico(m): 6:42pm On Jul 15, 2022
GodwinIO:

Donkey meat grin

2 Likes

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 15, 2022
ashawopikin:
your fada
your papa grin
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by LienwaltAbel(m): 6:42pm On Jul 15, 2022
GodwinIO:
Ah! U sure say you no dey lie.
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by LienwaltAbel(m): 6:44pm On Jul 15, 2022
akinremiayomide:
Worry no more,y’all tears would be over 2023
Just be batified and watch out as foods stuff prices reduce drastically.
Vote for him as the president and you will never regret.

BAT2023
APC2023
Please tell me say you dey joke. grin
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Bahamas95(m): 6:44pm On Jul 15, 2022
3k for that meat? ........ Difficult to believe.
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by FreeStuffsNG: 6:45pm On Jul 15, 2022
Evaloyal2J:
you are very intelligent indeed. Imagine me as a roadside foodseller, filled my 12Kg sylinder with 11500 with the high cost of food stuff and you and your buhàri that cost the problem would still come and fix price for me to sell. You think this is 1966
Obviously, you did not read what I wrote because of your bigotry and hatred for President Buhari who is not in charge of states and LGs . Nowhere in the world that governments do not intervene when prices of commodities are going up especially if those commodities are sourced locally. There can be farm straight to home markets where government can assist the sellers and restrain them from over profiting because of the temporary global food shortages caused by Ukraine war.
The problem with most of you is that you just want to lament and go without any solution suggestion.
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 15, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

Please tell me say you dey joke. grin
i resemble akpororo
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by LordErrk: 6:47pm On Jul 15, 2022
abobote:

Are you kidding me ?
Tell us another joke

You've been in naira Land for some time, you should be able to tell a tribal bigot from a normal human being na. These are one of the skills you pick up from NL

2 Likes

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by enilowo(m): 6:47pm On Jul 15, 2022
Continue to do sit at home and burn food supplies trucks from other region of the country. No worry food go cheap. Sebi una no wan see anybody. Una never start.
shortIGBOman:

1 Like

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Kaysalas(m): 6:47pm On Jul 15, 2022
shortIGBOman:

Bros! There is a great truth in the bolded as I just came back from Enugu, two weeks ago, chai! My eyes see nwehn!

1 Like

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by LienwaltAbel(m): 6:48pm On Jul 15, 2022
akinremiayomide:
i resemble akpororo
No worries grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See How We Slaughtered And Barbecue Rams And Cows In Birnin Kebbi (photos) / N100 Plate Of Rice In Bauchi State / We Just Killed A Civet Within My Compound {Pictures}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.