Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,154 members, 7,807,517 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:35 PM

Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market (65955 Views)

Man Shares Video Of N2k Food He Was Served At A Lagos Hotel / What I Got As Cutlery In A Lagos Eatery / The N16k Prawn, Plantain Served In A Lagos Hotel (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Temptee101(m): 7:38pm On Jul 15, 2022
shortIGBOman:
Wow,una dey enjoy for Lagos. Things are still cheap in Lagos, compared to South EAST. This food stuffs you bought for 8,500 in Lagos is worth over 15k here in the EAST.

We are really suffering here in the East. Buhari and UN should come to our aid. An average man can no longer afford to eat in the East. Price of everything has gone beyound the reach of the comon man in the East.

The media is not reporting the rate at which we are suffering here.

Agụ na-egbu anyị n'alaIgbo

Sense will forever elude you.

It's very easy to spot a thieftinubu urchin.

Enjoy your stupidity while it last.

2 Likes

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by kingmsookwagh(m): 7:42pm On Jul 15, 2022
The oil Man .. well-done

Money wey you for take buy other things, you use am buy oil...

Na lion meat be that?

That's bthe only meat they can sell for you at the quantity for that amount....
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by sparko1(m): 7:42pm On Jul 15, 2022
Honestfrend:
I hve done lots of calculations I have come 2 conclusion that it is better 2 eat at a small restaurant than cook it at home..

Although not all food... Food I eat outside. Rice, beans, yam, swallow.

Food I prepare at home noodles, fry eggs n bread, spaghetti, tea n bread..

OP with that ur 8k.. An ok for 1 week..

When you fall sick, do you know how much you will spend.

Most food that you can eat and be satisfied for 1k are just poison, trust me, everyone has different body, some, the moment they eat rubbish the very next day you can see the effects (like me), some will eat rubbish for up to 2 years no problem, the day it will knock them down, 2 weeks they are still in the woods.

Let me explain something, you see the oil he bought, 99% of food seller that sells cheap won't use it, in Lagos, we buy everything including water, have you ever considered the water used for cooking the food you eat, some of the water you can't use it to take a bath, if you do, you can get skin diseases.

99% of the food sellers in Lagos use Ajilomoto, (a chemical substance use for bleaching clothes), they won't use chicken knor or any good flavour, they buy meat that seller couldn't sell, use acid/omo to fasten the fermentation of fufu, pomo, plantain and lots more.

2 Likes

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Limassol(m): 7:42pm On Jul 15, 2022
Tonymegabush1:
Hmmm refill my 12.5kg cylinder today for #900 per kg thus #11,250 to fill up shocked was counting the money with enuf anger on my mind embarassed I was standing at the gas station for complete 5mins and I still have another 10kg cylinder I will fill probably next week that's another 9k if the price still remains #900 next week...

Taking the total to #20,250 to fill my two cylinder.......
This is my humble suggestion, and i hope you find it helpful : why not get a good second hand hot plate? It may cost 7-10k, depending on variables. My household use it for basically anything cooking, and boy, it's super efficient and fast and cheap.
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Ppp1p: 7:45pm On Jul 15, 2022
Really
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by OBoy50: 7:47pm On Jul 15, 2022
Ayobeck:

Thank God n pray u r nvr n ll nvr be in such condition.. what's the big deal helping those people who seek for help online,if u can't help den rest ur mouth let pple who want to help can do..at least ,I know how much I send to those pple who seeking for help in terms of money,I send d money to dem not even small money..but not to brag here but just let u know ,how God miraculously blessing me more money I nvr expected n not even worth..if u need any help my pple drop ur aza,a go help u with any amount of my power..234 817 781 2690 that's my second Whatsapp nos
it is your money not mine.. the fact that I detest begging under false pretence doesn't stop me from giving those 8n need a helping hand. .. but u said u don't brag it u just did by making it known to all that you not only send them small money but big money. If you really want to help them. U can at least locate them and also do all u can to pull them off the situations that results to them begging online.
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by OBoy50: 7:49pm On Jul 15, 2022
Positiveme2020:

That nuisance called okeke or whatever.
I have been keeping eyes on his sympathetic post all these while because I don't trust him.
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 15, 2022
thebosstrevor1:
Do you drink Kings oil in your house.

You spent almost half of your budget to buy Kings Oil grin grin

And you are here complaining about what you bought with 8k
e go serve for handjob
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Tonymegabush1(m): 7:54pm On Jul 15, 2022
Limassol:
This is my humble suggestion, and i hope you find it helpful : why not get a good second hand hot plate? It may cost 7-10k, depending on variables. My household use it for basically anything cooking, and boy, it's super efficient and fast and cheap.

Would have been better but my electricity is on prepaid meter and here I reside we barely see light during evening or night make man no put beans on top hot plate and light do quench
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Anetorfavour: 7:58pm On Jul 15, 2022
shortIGBOman:
Wow,una dey enjoy for Lagos. Things are still cheap in Lagos, compared to South EAST. This food stuffs you bought for 8,500 in Lagos is worth over 15k here in the EAST.

We are really suffering here in the East. Buhari and UN should come to our aid. An average man can no longer afford to eat in the East. Price of everything has gone beyound the reach of the comon man in the East.

especially warri and Benin
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Exjoker(m): 8:00pm On Jul 15, 2022
3k meat is supposed to full that tray now.... undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Limassol(m): 8:01pm On Jul 15, 2022
Tonymegabush1:

Would have been better but my electricity is on prepaid meter and here I reside we barely see light during evening or night make man no put beans on top hot plate and light do quench
I understand your concerns. Nigeria which way? For 60 G*ddamn years, this country has been plagued with power issues with no end in sight. Little wonder the country is where it is today.
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by phemmyfour: 8:06pm On Jul 15, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

Except you don't cook, Oil is essential in everyday cooking, frying etc
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by OyinJohnson: 8:09pm On Jul 15, 2022
shortIGBOman:

Just to incite Political-ethnic hatred...
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by willian10: 8:09pm On Jul 15, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
Why not buy agbado and cassava so that you can start getting used to it now
lmaooo, e don add beans in the latest video I saw
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by symbianDON(m): 8:10pm On Jul 15, 2022
OBoy50:
ONLINE BEGGING Where is that cripple that has been online begging since 2020 with his pictures at home with reverend father and also at the hospital..... Him never well finish?
he is on almost all threads on nairaland...begging since 2018...it's really tiring!
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by ukpahu(m): 8:10pm On Jul 15, 2022
THAT MEAT IS 1000 NAIRA IN ZARIA
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by barinedan(m): 8:13pm On Jul 15, 2022
If you are surprised, I'm not, that shows how useless our naira has become and our useless government keep deceiving themselves claiming to be doing their best
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Anonymoususher: 8:14pm On Jul 15, 2022
I have decided against cooking long ago.
Things are so expensive that right now it is better to eat the junks outside than to prepare a decent meal at home.

God help us
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by maestro299: 8:19pm On Jul 15, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
Why not buy agbado and cassava so that you can start getting used to it now
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Many of una dey craze for this Nairaland...

1 Like

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by maestro299: 8:20pm On Jul 15, 2022
GeneralPula:
Lies..

That meat shouldn’t be more than 1k..
No na, it shouldn't be more than 100 naira. You for kukuma go tiff am .. tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Whizzy080(m): 8:26pm On Jul 15, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

Aswr cheesy cheesy
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by twosquare(m): 8:27pm On Jul 15, 2022
Meat is 1500...stop exaggerating
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by YangaBabe: 8:32pm On Jul 15, 2022
Everything don add money o, 8k used to buy for foodstuffs one will use in a month o, now it's just a meal plus. lipsrsealed

Las las I'll just have to register for the Next Titan Nigeria show, the season 9 is on and winning that 20 million naira will really go a long way.

2 Likes

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by princewarri1985: 8:35pm On Jul 15, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

have you forgoten that people buy some stuffs to use and keep the rest for the next cooking?
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Tonymegabush1(m): 8:42pm On Jul 15, 2022
Limassol:
I understand your concerns. Nigeria which way? For 60 G*ddamn years, this country has been plagued with power issues with no end in sight. Little wonder the country is where it is today.

Funny enuf they never learn, time has reach to make another choice of leaders from councilor LGA chairman, governors, house of rep, senator to the president.. will they make the right choice

If things do not change household might start cooking with firewoods inside their flats undecided
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by jclassiq(m): 8:44pm On Jul 15, 2022
Earlystar698:
Them beat cheat you for meat, ain't buying that meat for 2k,1500 or 1700 and it's will be bigger than yours

No it won't. I counted it and it's 3k worth of meat. No cheating but if the op was a professional haggler like me maybe they will add one or two of those size as Jara.

1 Like

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Ashlar(m): 8:47pm On Jul 15, 2022
That meat pass 3ƙ for Enugu here, please let's be Obidient and vote out bad leaders.
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Lightorder: 8:58pm On Jul 15, 2022
SmartPolician:
Good evening, Nairalanders.

I hope you people are doing great.
So, I decided to go to a Lagos market, buy ingredients for stew and make a pot of stew.

This is what I could buy with over 8k.

Meat = 3k
Veg oil= 4k (King's oil - 2 litres)
Tomato and pepper = 600
Maggi = 100
Onions= 100
Tomato paste = 500 (5 sachets)
Curry leaves = 100

Total = #8400

I want to use this opportunity to appeal to Mr. Seun to incorporate into Nairaland bots that will track keywords used for online begging and block them.

Since some people have decided to foist on everyone bad leaders whom we clearly know have no plans for the country. Let's suffer together if they win but begging on Nairaland should be banned.
oga , GOD will bless your generations for this request you made.

The idiots will play tribal cards because they have no job , nothing to lose because they have no business . When it goes their way , they will resort to begging. Fateless urchins . Anybody who persuades anyone to vote APC for any reason is CURSED already!!!!! Very cursed. Don’t tell me that you have the right to vote anyone you like . I have the right to talk and i have spoken
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by OBoy50: 8:58pm On Jul 15, 2022
symbianDON:
he is on almost all threads on nairaland...begging since 2018...it's really tiring!
lolzz 2028! grin ... That must be his occupation #nairaland begger.
Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Evaloyal2J(f): 9:00pm On Jul 15, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Obviously, you did not read what I wrote because of your bigotry and hatred for President Buhari who is not in charge of states and LGs . Nowhere in the world that governments do not intervene when prices of commodities are going up especially if those commodities are sourced locally. There can be farm straight to home markets where government can assist the sellers and restrain them from over profiting because of the temporary global food shortages caused by Ukraine war.
The problem with most of you is that you just want to lament and go without any solution suggestion.
yea blame it on LGA, state govt and Ukraine war, it's has been lame blame since inception. You wasted more than 4 yrs blaming GEj, thereafter blame covid, still blaming Ukraine for your incapacitation. Very shameless set of people

1 Like

Re: Over 8k Spent In A Lagos Market by Mac2016(m): 9:00pm On Jul 15, 2022
SmartPolician:
Good evening, Nairalanders.

I hope you people are doing great.
So, I decided to go to a Lagos market, buy ingredients for stew and make a pot of stew.

This is what I could buy with over 8k.

Meat = 3k
Veg oil= 4k (King's oil - 2 litres)
Tomato and pepper = 600
Maggi = 100
Onions= 100
Tomato paste = 500 (5 sachets)
Curry leaves = 100

Total = #8400

I want to use this opportunity to appeal to Mr. Seun to incorporate into Nairaland bots that will track keywords used for online begging and block them.

Since some people have decided to foist on everyone bad leaders whom we clearly know have no plans for the country. Let's suffer together if they win but begging on Nairaland should be banned.
Despicable economy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See How We Slaughtered And Barbecue Rams And Cows In Birnin Kebbi (photos) / N100 Plate Of Rice In Bauchi State / We Just Killed A Civet Within My Compound {Pictures}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.