Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,189 members, 7,807,642 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? (19919 Views)

The Money I Saved In My Saving Box / Checkout What I Saved From My Piggy Bank After 5 Months / Lady Shows Off All The Money She Saved In Her Piggy Bank This Year (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by AnonPoet: 10:20pm On Jul 01, 2022
See me see trouble o! I made a huge amount of money in December 2021, so in January 2022
i thought of saving the money in a place that will give me interest by December 2022. I planned to use the interest to flex or maybe even go on vacation sef. Someone recommended a platform (I will not mention their name yet) to me on this app that I should lock my money there, that I will get high interest that I can use to run some other stuff when I collect my money. What this person didn't tell me was that once I lock the money I won't be able to access it on a “due date”.

Fast forward to last week, my laptop crashed and I needed to get a replacement. I didn’t have enough money in my bank so I just thought to break my savings at least na my money and i really needed the laptop to continue my job. That was how I was told I cannot remove the money until when the thing unlocks itself. I WAN RUN MAD!!
Guys i want to know the next step to take, please o, i really need to remove my money to buy this laptop. I know I made a mistake by not reading Terms and Conditions, but I just felt like saving money should be flexible and stress-free.

Is this how all savings platforms are? Can’t a man just save money and get it back once they need it.

Which other savings apps with good interest and zero stress can I use in the future?
1. FairSave by FairMoney
2. Cowrywise
3. Bank
Which of these three is recommended abeg?
Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by rickpat(m): 10:27pm On Jul 01, 2022
next time read the terms and condition... understand it before you commence anything....

well, some do allow you access your money but you will lose all the interest accrued so far.....I think that's your best bet...send a mail...but they have every right to decline since it's in their terms and condition that the money will be locked for a particular period of time...they are also trading with the money...so you don't expect them to pull it out anytime you want...they have planned with the time frame....but try though...the worse case scenario is that you lose all the accrued interest....

goodluck

69 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by falcon01: 10:30pm On Jul 01, 2022
You'll appreciate it qhen it unlocks itself.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by Nobody: 12:05am On Jul 02, 2022
Since you are already into it,be patient.
Find a means to workout money to buy the laptop.
Though I would have suggest, you should understand a thing clearly before sticking to it.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by Ezedon(m): 1:26pm On Jul 02, 2022
Oga, forget the money, APC Govt have shared it to the poorest of the poor,

7 Likes

Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by Justinlean02(m): 1:26pm On Jul 02, 2022
Ok
Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by endsarrrs(f): 1:26pm On Jul 02, 2022
The Terms and Conditions stated it CLEARLY!

You cannot fool people all the time

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by NwaNimo1(m): 1:26pm On Jul 02, 2022

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by RapistOnBail: 1:27pm On Jul 02, 2022
grin

Funny investor

14 Likes

Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by deeway200(m): 1:28pm On Jul 02, 2022
You can close the account down but you will be penalized

1 Like

Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by Uzomacharles: 1:28pm On Jul 02, 2022
You gats wait na....

Maybe they warned you before you ventured into it but you skipped the Terms & Conditions

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by FASASI1(m): 1:28pm On Jul 02, 2022
I am afraid there's nothing you can do

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 02, 2022
Piggyvest don carry you for handicap

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by ezimo777(m): 1:29pm On Jul 02, 2022
Bridge in contract may mean lose.
Choose....

1 Like

Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by okwah: 1:29pm On Jul 02, 2022
Hope say no be branch? undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by Britishcoins(m): 1:29pm On Jul 02, 2022
Huge amount of money, like to say it will be more than 200k...
Nigeria self, saving and hungry and the same time.
I only save when I want to embark on project..
All my money is for business.. Only emergency fund is kept aside

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by Pakwel(m): 1:29pm On Jul 02, 2022
AnonPoet:
See me see trouble o! I made a huge amount of money in December 2021, so in January 2022
i thought of saving the money in a place that will give me interest by December 2022. I planned to use the interest to flex or maybe even go on vacation sef. Someone recommended a platform (I will not mention their name yet) to me on this app that I should lock my money there, that I will get high interest that I can use to run some other stuff when I collect my money. What this person didn't tell me was that once I lock the money I won't be able to access it on a “due date”.

Fast forward to last week, my laptop crashed and I needed to get a replacement. I didn’t have enough money in my bank so I just thought to break my savings at least na my money and i really needed the laptop to continue my job. That was how I was told I cannot remove the money until when the thing unlocks itself. I WAN RUN MAD!!
Guys i want to know the next step to take, please o, i really need to remove my money to buy this laptop. I know I made a mistake by not reading Terms and Conditions, but I just felt like saving money should be flexible and stress-free.

Is this how all savings platforms are? Can’t a man just save money and get it back once they need it.

Which other savings apps with good interest and zero stress can I use in the future?
1. FairSave by FairMoney
2. Cowrywise
3. Bank

BANK. All this apps can make you run mad. Just go bank. Even if it's 1 % intrest take it. Than to loose your sanity on some app you don't know the office .

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by OceanEye: 1:29pm On Jul 02, 2022
Juzt be patient
Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by Bigfish121(m): 1:30pm On Jul 02, 2022
Guy it's piggyvest.They can never unlock it for you till the due date even if someone is dieing.if you like,write them countless mails,they will not respond to you.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by ebexofficial: 1:30pm On Jul 02, 2022
Leave the money there, collecting it means you have to forfeit the interest and may also affect your principal.
This is a temptation you should overcome.

Borrow and forget the locked funds for now

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by Benjaniblinks(m): 1:31pm On Jul 02, 2022
undecided
Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by Starz825(m): 1:31pm On Jul 02, 2022
I nearly fall with laff when I read that part..*until it unlock itself*

Wetin dey unlock itself....

I pity people who save money with this guys....
It's better you save with a reputable insurance company or open a new account for one bank ...tell them make them freeze am for you like 6 month..then save put inside... though there won't be interest ..infact there will be little deduction for acct maintenance and all..but till better...than all this crooks wey go later fold up.....
Na Naija you dey ooo.....Saraaa.. nobody go fight for you....
Wey MBA forex owner..has he been arrested..even if Dem arrest am..do you think govt go return money give rightful owners... Never...

Lemme tell you something about all this financial institution that are not reputable unlike the popular banks you know...
Once they have financial issues..all Dem customers go dey stranded....
He na go go court tire ...most of Dem are not even insured under NDIIC

12 Likes

Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by Chisave: 1:31pm On Jul 02, 2022
Aether:
It's a good thing that you admitted your mistake of not reading the T&C.
As others have said, you can likely break the safelock, but you'd lose the accrued interest. Next time, use Kolo

Jjj

ebexofficial:
Leave the money there, collecting it means you have to forfeit the interest and may also affect your principal.
This is a temptation you should overcome.

Borrow and forget the locked funds for now

Ff
Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by Aether(m): 1:31pm On Jul 02, 2022
It's a good thing that you admitted your mistake of not reading the T&C.
As others have said, you can likely break the safelock, but you'd lose the accrued interest. Next time, use Kolo

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by Divay22(f): 1:31pm On Jul 02, 2022
Cowrywise is good
Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by Chisave: 1:31pm On Jul 02, 2022
F
G
Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by NwaScore442(m): 1:32pm On Jul 02, 2022
AnonPoet:

1. FairSave by FairMoney
2. Cowrywise
3. Bank

U never get out of d one u re already in ....u want to jump into anoda. Kwontinue

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by Decapo: 1:33pm On Jul 02, 2022
Sorry o. But nothing for you till the due date
Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by chibu4u2(m): 1:35pm On Jul 02, 2022
U no wan tell us the name of the app and u want make we help u Asin how?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 02, 2022
Bigfish121:
Guy it's piggyvest.They can never unlock it for you till the due date even if someone is dieing.if you like,write them countless mails,they will not respond to you.

grin grin grin cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Retrieve Funds I Saved In A "Safe-Lock" Account? by icetrimz: 1:36pm On Jul 02, 2022
Go hustle your laptop funds elsewhere.
Safelock CAN'T be broken or accessed till due date. Quit searching for solution to it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Businesses In Nigeria Must Accept E-naira Payment, CBN Warns / Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. / Digital Marketing: How To Be A Millionaire In 6 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.