Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,239 members, 7,807,806 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye (1439 Views)

What Are The Words In The Bible That Scare You Most As A Christian? / Killings: It’s Fire For Fire’, Adeboye Asks Followers To Defend Themselves / Woman Crashes Car After Hitting A Pole While Trying To Show That God Is Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by zoedew: 10:23am On Jul 02, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

When the Jews were attacking Christians and killing them I wonder why the Christians didn't band together to defend themselves. I wonder what "our weapons of warfare are not carnal...) means. People always prefer listening to "men of God" than to God Himself.
You do not appear to understand the fine points of this matter. Stay on your lane of interpretation and you should be ok.

1 Like

Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by zoedew: 10:25am On Jul 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Wow... you words are reminiscent of one who doesn't care at all what God has to say on pretty much anything, yet pretends God matters. undecided

2. So in otherwise, your Adeboye is one of the wolves in sheep's clothing that Jesus Christ so aptly described and warned His Sheep to steer clear of? undecided
You are entitled to your opinion. Note that Pastor Adeboye is not your servant. You could take out a whole page of the New York Times to criticise him in the matter if you please!
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 02, 2022
zoedew:

You do not appear to understand the fine points of this matter. Stay on your lane of interpretation and you should be ok.

The go-to response when you guys are called out. If you understand it, then explain it.
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 02, 2022
zoedew:

One who is not your shepherd cannot mislead you.

Ok. I understand. One that is not a Christian shepherd cannot mislead Christians. You're right.
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by zoedew: 10:34am On Jul 02, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

Ok. I understand. One that is not a Christian shepherd cannot mislead Christians. You're right.
Your level of Christian maturity is quite apparent. One expected you to know that folks who follow Christ in Apollos, Paul, Kumuyi, Oyedepo et al reserve to themselves the right to follow who they choose.
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 10:38am On Jul 02, 2022
zoedew:

Your level of Christian maturity is quite apparent. One expected you to know that folks who follow Christ in Apollos, Paul, Kumuyi, Oyedepo et al reserve to themselves the right to follow who they choose.
Do they also reserve for themselves the right to modify the details of what is God's Covenant & Law, an Eternal decree, as they see fit? All this against God's own authority and ruling? undecided

Why do you bother pretending to accept God when what you worship is instead the ideas you have of these men? undecided
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by zoedew: 10:51am On Jul 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Do they also reserve for themselves the right to modify the details of what is God's Covenant & Law, an Eternal decree, as they see fit? All this against God's own authority and ruling? undecided

Why do you bother pretending to accept God when what you worship is instead the ideas you have of these men? undecided
I agree you could see things differently since no scripture is of any private interpretation. Let’s just focus on Jesus.
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 10:56am On Jul 02, 2022
zoedew:

I agree you could see things differently since no scripture is of any private interpretation. Let’s just focus on Jesus.
Scripture was written by human hands in human language, translated from one human language to another, to be comprehended using basic human language comprehension skills available to all humans. The same human language comprehension skills you use in processing regular text is the very same skills you would use in comprehending that which is clearly expressed in scripture, unless ofcourse you are one of the many liars and conmen aka wolves in sheep's clothing out there. undecided

Jesus Christ said in His Kingdom, He alone is the focus for each and everyone of His followers. He alone is Teacher, Master/Head, Authority/Leader, Shepherd, Guide, Helper etc., - Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10 & Matthew 6 vs 24 & Matthew 20 vs 24 - 28 & John 10 vs 1 - 16 & john 14 vs 20 - 25 ....
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by absoluteSuccess: 11:02am On Jul 02, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Do you know why America is the safest place on this planet as far as religious terrorism is concerned?

Well that's where FREEDOM OF SPEECH EXPRESSION, WORSHIP and ASSOCIATION was declared, no matter what religion you practice even Witchcraft America is a place where you are free to express yourself.

So if your religion has been condemning other religions through your street noisemaking and you weren't cautioned {Matthew 12:19} then be prepared to face the same thing from those who will pay you back in your own coin but harder than yours! Matthew 7:12

For your information JWs can live anywhere without having issues with any other religion because they will set their rules and we will abide by whatever rules they set, so that we can continue our ministry without interfering with their rules. But it's you people that's giving us hard times because you people want to drag worldly political seats with them so they're fighting back unfortunately they don't know that we are different from you people but in Islamic states where they know we are different JWs practice our religion without being attacked by islamists because we are ready to abide by their rules! undecided

Haven't I drawn you out? Jehovah witness did not come before America. They came much afterwards.

Let's say that the founding fathers stayed back in Europe and didn't disturb the peace of red Indians who were humans too, then nobody would have checked the excesses of the Apex civilization of the new world and it's oppression of the weaker tribes for ages before Colombus.

Then the declaration of Independence followed the rebellion of the colonists against the English throne starting with the members of the Boston tea party. "We owe it to the inalienable truth, that all men were created equal", so declared the brave men on whose lap history fell at that point in time.

In all this, people took decisions. It's out of that decision that freedom came, not before it. If the people who fled from persecution didn't, and the rebellion of the Boston tea party wasn't, would there be America and freedom of this and that in extension? Then there won't have been a fertile ground for JW.

And you did have a problem

If America is all Jehovah witness country, would they compel the rest of the world becomes Jehovah witness before dealing with them? Meaning everyone can't be your religion. Hence some will in their "non-American country" drag political power with people who are not in their religion as won't jw.

And congratulations that you are not the same with us and sorry were you are not known as a different religion than Christians, much needed to be done in the area of sensitisation all around the world. However, when your religion was coming up, did it began with full fledged doctrines that still abide till date?

So, which is false which is the original doctrine? Is that to say God has improved? So why call yours the original Christian when it's not the first and equally proned to change? Why don't you come up with a new Messiah and a different religion altogether to be totally different?

Your partial difference is your problem.

At the bolded, the Christians has been disturbing people with noise, now the Muslims have been invading churches. You are okay with that as payback because you already are prepared for Islamic laws. You are not okay with Christian clergy calling the Christian to defend themselves.

Yet you are not like the Christian who called Jesus and carry the same Bible as you do, but you are okay that they be dealt with harder than they did for condemning others, whereas you want the condemners to know you are not one of them.

I thought you admire freedom of speech and religious affiliations, is killing some sort of dialogue or extension of the same freedom?

NB:

It's not freedom of speech that makes for America's save haven but the labour of the Americans, the military power was not for anything other than defense. The Pentagon is not an institution defending freedom of speech.

The real freedom intended in America is that you won't be oppressed for what you hold to be truth as long as you don't physically attack others. The state is therefore secular, it's not interfering in your piety.
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by zoedew: 11:28am On Jul 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Scripture was written by human hands in human language, translated from one human language to another, to be comprehended using basic human language comprehension skills available to all humans. The same human language comprehension skills you use in processing regular text is the very same skills you would use in comprehending that which is clearly expressed in scripture, unless ofcourse you are one of the many liars and conmen aka wolves in sheep's clothing out there. undecided

Jesus Christ said in His Kingdom, He alone is the focus for each and everyone of His followers. He alone is Teacher, Master/Head, Authority/Leader, Shepherd, Guide, Helper etc., - Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10 & Matthew 6 vs 24 & Matthew 20 vs 24 - 28 & John 10 vs 1 - 16 & john 14 vs 20 - 25 ....
2 Peter 1:20 seeks your attention. Scripture is progressive revelation. Rom 14:5-12 says for every man to be fully persuaded so long as what he believes is rooted in the Bible.
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by poshestmina(f): 11:28am On Jul 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Please stop repeating these soundbites that these pastors and mogs have used in blinding you to that which God demands which is your obedience of His every commandments to you. undecided

If you claim to be a Christian with all the knowledge of God's truths , you should know God defended /defends himself.

Your mog lied by suggesting God never commanded anyone not to defend themselves. Right there in Matthew 5 vs 38 - 48 & Luke 6 vs 27 - 38 the very decrees he denies are detailed as commanded by Jesus Christ of all those who follow Him. undecided.

That you believe me on the leftside for stating the Truth of God as evidence against the lie this man feeds you speaks volumes of where exactly your heart is, and it doesn't seem to be on God's side at all at all.. undecided

I believe real Mogs who knows and preaches the undiluted word of God.
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by poshestmina(f): 11:40am On Jul 02, 2022
2 Thessalonians 1:6
Since indeed God considers it just to repay with affliction those who afflict you.

Deuteronomy 9:3
Know therefore today that he who goes over before you as a CONSUMING FIRE is the Lord your God. He will destroy them and subdue them so YOU SHALL DRIVE THEM OUT AND MAKE THEM PERISH QUICKLY, as the Lord has COMMANDED YOU.

Habakkuk 3:12
You marched through the earth in FURY and THRESED the nations in FURY.

Exodus 15:3
The Lord is a man of WAR ;the lord is his name.

Luke 10:19
Behold I have given you the authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you.

Psalm 144:1
Of David.Blessed be the Lord , my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for BATTLE.
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 02, 2022
zoedew:

Ah yes. The Christian maturity that allows one to take the word of a "man of God" more seriously than the Word of God Himself. Gotcha.
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 11:46am On Jul 02, 2022
zoedew:

2 Peter 1:20 seeks your attention. Scripture is progressive revelation. Rom 14:5-12 says for every man to be fully persuaded so long as what he believes is rooted in the Bible.
Scripture is progressive yet Jesus Christ told you in Matthew 5 vs 15 - 17 that Heaven and Earth will pass away but not a jot of God's Word and Law will ever pass away - it is eternally unchanging? undecided

Rooted in the Bible or rooted in God's Word? Jesus Christ is the one written of in scripture as being God's Word, and as you can clearly see, your mogs claims aren't rooted in God's Word and Truth. undecided
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 11:50am On Jul 02, 2022
poshestmina:
2 Thessalonians 1:6
Since indeed God considers it just to repay with affliction those who afflict you.

Deuteronomy 9:3
Know therefore today that he who goes over before you as a CONSUMING FIRE is the Lord your God. He will destroy them and subdue them so YOU SHALL DRIVE THEM OUT AND MAKE THEM PERISH QUICKLY, as the Lord has COMMANDED YOU.

Habakkuk 3:12
You marched through the earth in FURY and THRESED the nations in FURY.

Exodus 15:3
The Lord is a man of WAR ;the lord is his name.

Luke 10:19
Behold I have given you the authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you.

Psalm 144:1
Of David.Blessed be the Lord , my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for BATTLE.
Let me guess... you think by quoting all these random verses, you are able to successfully render invalid God's direct commandment and Law to you through Jesus Christ, God's New Covenant Law and Truth in the Kingdom of God?undecided

You think you can live in His Kingdom which He is ruler over and enjoy His promises without obeying His commandments?. undecided

You actually think you can bypass God's mandate of obedience of His commandments by quoting as counter God's promises which He happens to have given only to those who live as obedient subjects of His Law? undecided
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by absoluteSuccess: 11:50am On Jul 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Scripture is progressive yet Jesus Christ told you in Matthew 5 vs 15 - 17 that Heaven and Earth will pass away but not a jot of God's Word and Law will ever pass away - it is eternally unchanging? undecided

Everyman is fully persuaded yet this particular mog of yours here declared to you that which is not even rooted in Jesus Christ, God's own Word and Truth, nd you all proceeded to swallow it up, hook, line and sinker, against God?. undecided

Matthew 16:28

New International Version

“Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom".

Explain based on your logic at the bolded.
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 11:55am On Jul 02, 2022
absoluteSuccess:
Matthew 16:28

“Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom".

Explain based on your logic at the bolded.
Focus on what He said to you. Among those standing, whom we read of haven see the Son of Man coming in His Kingdom are John, and if I am not mistaken, Peter. John, ofcourse wrote of what He saw in His book of Revelations, while Peter alluded to it in his letters. undecided
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by absoluteSuccess: 12:04pm On Jul 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Focus on what He said to you. Among those standing, whom we read of haven see the Son of Man coming in His Kingdom are John, and if I am not mistaken, Peter. John, ofcourse wrote of what He saw in His book of Revelations, while Peter alluded to it in his letters. undecided

Does your response here make any sense to you? If yes, then you don't understand what you are saying.

It means we needed an Oracle to understand you. It means your interpretation of the scripture is subjected to whatsoever you intend it to say.

Kobojunkie:

Rooted in the Bible or rooted in God's Word? Jesus Christ is the one written of in scripture as being God's Word, and as you can clearly see, your mogs claims aren't rooted in God's Word and Truth. undecided

How does that help us reconcile your intentions here?

Oro Oluwa, ede ni.
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 12:10pm On Jul 02, 2022
absoluteSuccess:

Does your response here make any sense to you? If yes, then you don't understand what you are saying.
It means we needed an Oracle to understand you. It means your interpretation of the scripture is subjected to whatsoever you intend it to say.
How does that help us reconcile your intentions here?
Oro Oluwa, ede ni.
Again... Focus on what He, Jesus Christ, said to you. undecided
Among those standing, whom we read of haven seen the Son of Man coming in His Kingdom in scripture are John, and if I am not mistaken, Peter. John, ofcourse wrote of what He saw in His book of Revelations, while Peter alluded to it in his letters. undecided
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by absoluteSuccess: 12:13pm On Jul 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Among those standing, whom we read of haven seen the Son of Man coming in His Kingdom in scripture are John, and if I am not mistaken, Peter. John, ofcourse wrote of what He saw in His book of Revelations, while Peter alluded to it in his letters. undecided

You are stuck.
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 12:13pm On Jul 02, 2022
poshestmina:
I believe real Mogs who knows and preaches the undiluted word of God.
So let me ask you then. Why do you believe this man to be a real mog who uses God's name to propagate what are lies?. undecided
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 12:14pm On Jul 02, 2022
absoluteSuccess:
You are stuck.
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by absoluteSuccess: 12:16pm On Jul 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:

You are stuck. Humble yourself. You don't know more than everyone. Learn from those that know better than you do. There's a lot you will learn from Daddy G.O.
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 12:28pm On Jul 02, 2022
absoluteSuccess:
1. You are stuck.

2. Humble yourself. You don't know more than everyone. Learn from those that know better than you do. There's a lot you will learn from Daddy G.O.
1. Wait a second .... you asked me what Jesus Christ meant and I explained in plain words what is written. undecided

▪︎Did Jesus Christ not say that those standing would see Him come in the glory of His Kingdom? undecided
▪︎Did John not see Jesus Christ coming in the glory of His Kingdom in the vision he had and wrote of on the Island of Patmos, in his book of Revelations? undecided
▪︎Did Peter not allude to having knowledge of the return of Jesus Christ in His Kingdom in 2 Peter 3 meaning he did see something? undecided

So where exactly do you claim I am stuck at?? undecided

2. I am sorry but my humility is only for Jesus Christ since He alone is my Teacher, Master,Guide etc., in the Kingdom of God - Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10. undecided
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by absoluteSuccess: 12:53pm On Jul 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Wait a second .... you asked me what Jesus Christ meant and I explained in plain words what is written. undecided

▪︎Did Jesus Christ not say that those standing would see Him come in the glory of His Kingdom? undecided
▪︎Did John not see Jesus Christ coming in the glory of His Kingdom in the vision he had and wrote of on the Island of Patmos, in his book of Revelations? undecided
▪︎Did Peter not allude to having knowledge of the return of Jesus Christ in His Kingdom in 2 Peter 3 meaning he did see something? undecided

So where exactly do you claim I am stuck at?? undecided

2. I am sorry but my humility is only for Jesus Christ since He alone is my Teacher, Master,Guide etc., in the Kingdom of God - Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10. undecided

If you don't see your error of interpretation, you can't understand what you don't understand.

I want to believe you came into the world with your knowledge of the teacher, master and guide.

Next is to impose on others the same thing taking care of whoever is ahead of you as teachers in their lives.
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by zoedew: 1:01pm On Jul 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:

For me this is not about an individual as it is about scripture. Jesus meant that scripture will be relevant for all time. I should think am done engaging with you on this matter.
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by cornelboy(f): 1:07pm On Jul 02, 2022
absoluteSuccess:
"There's no place in the Bible where God asked you not to defend yourself..."
"When they slap you at the right cheek, turn the left, when they slap you at the left, what do you do?"
"Do you know what it means when God is silence? It's over to you."
God bless Pastor E.A. Adeboye,
God bless us all.
It's very foolish to turn the left cheek if you would retaliate at the end. Don't you think
You could have slapped back when you were first slapped at the right cheek.

Jesus disciples understood Jesus teachings that's why they never defended themselves with weapons.
They never fought back but continued their good works.

All those GOs self no get understandings.
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:22pm On Jul 02, 2022
absoluteSuccess:

Haven't I drawn you out? Jehovah witness did not come before America. They came much afterwards.

Let's say that the founding fathers stayed back in Europe and didn't disturb the peace of red Indians who were humans too, then nobody would have checked the excesses of the Apex civilization of the new world and it's oppression of the weaker tribes for ages before Colombus.

Then the declaration of Independence followed the rebellion of the colonists against the English throne starting with the members of the Boston tea party. "We owe it to the inalienable truth, that all men were created equal", so declared the brave men on whose lap history fell at that point in time.

In all this, people took decisions. It's out of that decision that freedom came, not before it. If the people who fled from persecution didn't, and the rebellion of the Boston tea party wasn't, would there be America and freedom of this and that in extension? Then there won't have been a fertile ground for JW.

And you did have a problem

If America is all Jehovah witness country, would they compel the rest of the world becomes Jehovah witness before dealing with them? Meaning everyone can't be your religion. Hence some will in their "non-American country" drag political power with people who are not in their religion as won't jw.

And congratulations that you are not the same with us and sorry were you are not known as a different religion than Christians, much needed to be done in the area of sensitisation all around the world. However, when your religion was coming up, did it began with full fledged doctrines that still abide till date?

So, which is false which is the original doctrine? Is that to say God has improved? So why call yours the original Christian when it's not the first and equally proned to change? Why don't you come up with a new Messiah and a different religion altogether to be totally different?

Your partial difference is your problem.

At the bolded, the Christians has been disturbing people with noise, now the Muslims have been invading churches. You are okay with that as payback because you already are prepared for Islamic laws. You are not okay with Christian clergy calling the Christian to defend themselves.

Yet you are not like the Christian who called Jesus and carry the same Bible as you do, but you are okay that they be dealt with harder than they did for condemning others, whereas you want the condemners to know you are not one of them.

I thought you admire freedom of speech and religious affiliations, is killing some sort of dialogue or extension of the same freedom?

NB:

It's not freedom of speech that makes for America's save haven but the labour of the Americans, the military power was not for anything other than defense. The Pentagon is not an institution defending freedom of speech.

The real freedom intended in America is that you won't be oppressed for what you hold to be truth as long as you don't physically attack others. The state is therefore secular, it's not interfering in your piety.

Funny Churchgoer!

The true God is solidly behind America because they opened the door for pure worship to flourish, America never knew that they are indirectly working for God.

Know today that if not for America no religion apart from those that have fought to stand on their own, forget it world domination will only be between just six religions, all these pentecostal whatever you're calling it can't have their way because the Catholics, Anglicans and few other orthodox churches won't allow you people to operate at all.

It's due to America's declaration of freedom of speech,expression,worship and association that opened the way for all of you to protest and leave the Catholic Church. That's how pure worship got her freedom and began digging deep to unfold all the secrets of the Catholic Church with all her heresies.

So Jehovah's Witnesses is the one and only organization that's practicing what Jesus taught all of you are killers thinking you're protecting yourselves whereas Jesus warned his own followers that when the end comes killings will be everywhere {Matthew 24:7-8 compare to Revelations 6:3-4} but we true Christians mustn't partake in any form of killing.
That's why Jesus told us to always love our enemies {Matthew 5:43-48} otherwise we will all become killers just as Satan planned when he initiated his own agents among Jesus' group back in the first century {Matthew 13:25} so when Jesus comes with the angels in heaven to kill all those spilling innocent blood on the planet {Revelations 11:18} nobody will be free from blood guilt! Matthew 24:22 compare to Revelations 6:3-4

All these things has been prophesied in God's word but only Jehovah's Witnesses wake up because when Jesus returned in 1914 that's the only organization that welcome him with spiritual listening ears to readjust their beliefs, all others are in the dark spiritually.

Prove me wrong by using Jesus' own words to say what i'm analysing is not the truth. All of you including the so called Muslims have become killers one way or another {Revelations 17:5-6} except JWs who have stood out completely from Satan's political system {Revelations 18:4} none of you along with all your religious leaders can escape been killers under Satan's system! 1John 5:19

So God used America to free His people in order for us to round up the final harvest work as we preach zealously and industriously teach all nations to fish out all those who are ready to bow to the orders of Jesus Christ {Matthew 28:19-20} the PRINCE of PEACE! Isaiah 9:6

May you have PEACE! smiley

1 Like

Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by absoluteSuccess: 1:28pm On Jul 02, 2022
cornelboy:

It's very foolish to turn the left cheek if you would retaliate at the end. Don't you think
You could have slapped back when you were first slapped at the right cheek.

Jesus disciples understood Jesus teachings that's why they never defended themselves with weapons.
They never fought back but continued their good works.

All those GOs self no get understandings.

Jesus was speaking to the disciples in the passage, he's speaking of civil relationship in that context and come to think of it, if you don't take the assault as anything, it won't mean anything to you at the end.

What if an assailant bring guns to a public place, is that equivalent of getting slapped and turning your left cheek? Will you stay to apply the same doctrine, run away or defend yourself?

The instance of Christ word is based on context of love in civil relationship, not you dealing with terrorism. But if you differ, then it's not a sin to go about as Christian slapping people too.

After all it's not a punishable sin. It's something to enjoy to be Christian. The statement is to make the Christian civil and not irritant, it's not to make you a prey to the predators in the wicked world.

Be gentle as dove but wise as the serpent.

It's funny to condone battering when you are still going to judge the offender, why not correct the offender instantly instead of waiting for a life after death to correct such?

If terrorist get one killed, will the victim forgive the terrorist life after death being obedient Christian?
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by absoluteSuccess: 1:49pm On Jul 02, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Funny Churchgoer!

The true God is solidly behind America because they opened the door for pure worship to flourish, America never knew that they are indirectly working for God.

Know today that if not for America no religion apart from those that have fought to stand on their own, forget it world domination will only be between just six religions, all these pentecostal whatever you're calling it can't have their way because the Catholics, Anglicans and few other orthodox churches won't allow you people to operate at all.

It's due to America's declaration of freedom of speech,expression,worship and association that opened the way for all of you to protest and leave the Catholic Church. That's how pure worship got her freedom and began digging deep to unfold all the secrets of the Catholic Church with all her heresies.

So Jehovah's Witnesses is the one and only organization that's practicing what Jesus taught all of you are killers thinking you're protecting yourselves whereas Jesus warned his own followers that when the end comes killings will be everywhere {Matthew 24:7-8 compare to Revelations 6:3-4} but we true Christians mustn't partake in any form of killing.
That's why Jesus told us to always love our enemies {Matthew 5:43-48} otherwise we will all become killers just as Satan planned when he initiated his own agents among Jesus' group back in the first century {Matthew 13:25} so when Jesus comes with the angels in heaven to kill all those spilling innocent blood on the planet {Revelations 11:18} nobody will be free from blood guilt! Matthew 24:22 compare to Revelations 6:3-4

All these things has been prophesied in God's word but only Jehovah's Witnesses wake up because when Jesus returned in 1914 that's the only organization that welcome him with spiritual listening ears to readjust their beliefs, all others are in the dark spiritually.

Prove me wrong by using Jesus' own words to say what i'm analysing is not the truth. All of you including the so called Muslims have become killers one way or another {Revelations 17:5-6} except JWs who have stood out completely from Satan's political system {Revelations 18:4} none of you along with all your religious leaders can escape been killers under Satan's system! 1John 5:19

So God used America to free His people in order for us to round up the final harvest work as we preach zealously and industriously teach all nations to fish out all those who are ready to bow to the orders of Jesus Christ {Matthew 28:19-20} the PRINCE of PEACE! Isaiah 9:6

May you have PEACE! smiley

Amen my funny brother.

Jesus is going to do the final killing while you help him carry the weapon around. 1914 is about 108 years ago, Jesus only appeared to brother Russell and not to everyone else.

Oh, his coming was parochial.

He already came and will be taking over. Apologies, tell me more brother.
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by cornelboy(f): 1:59pm On Jul 02, 2022
absoluteSuccess:

Jesus was speaking to the disciples in the passage, he's speaking of civil relationship in that context and come to think of it, if you don't take the assault as anything, it won't mean anything to you at the end.
What if an assailant bring guns to a public place, is that equivalent of getting slapped and turning your left cheek? Will you stay to apply the same doctrine, run away or defend yourself?
The instance of Christ word is based on context of love in civil relationship, not you dealing with terrorism. But if you differ, then it's not a sin to go about as Christian slapping people too.
After all it's not a punishable sin. It's something to enjoy to be Christian. The statement is to make the Christian civil and not irritant, it's not to make you a prey to the predators in the wicked world.
Be gentle as dove but wise as the serpent.
It's funny to condone battering when you are still going to judge the offender, why not correct the offender instantly instead of waiting for a life after death to correct such?
If terrorist get one killed, will the victim forgive the terrorist life after death being obedient Christian?

Wisdom sir.
So the best thing is to run for one's life when that situation right?
Re: There's No Place In The Bible That God Asked You Not To Defend Yourself-Adeboye by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:35pm On Jul 02, 2022
absoluteSuccess:

Amen my funny brother.
Jesus is going to do the final killing while you help him carry the weapon around. 1914 is about 108 years ago, Jesus only appeared to brother Russell and not to everyone else.
Oh, his coming was parochial.
He already came and will be taking over. Apologies, tell me more brother.

When Jesus first came to the earth everyone knew him to be Joseph's son born by Mary, learned carpentry had four brothers: James, Judas, Simon and Junior (Joseph's name sake) and he also had sisters, but by the time he became the Christ after his baptism the world knew him not. So after his death, resurrection and ascension to heaven the angel that appeared to his disciples said:

“Men of Galʹi·lee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus who was taken up from you into the sky will come in the same manner as you have seen him going into the sky.” Act 1:11

Jesus was known by all those living around him but the Christ is only recognized by few people {Matthew 16:13-17} and during his ascension to heaven only his friends knew that the Christ is risen from the death and he has left the earth! Therefore when he comes to take away his born again brothers only those who are paying rapt attention to what the scriptures says will be aware. That's why only Jehovah's Witnesses known back then as the International Bible Students Association who were seriously studying the scriptures with all honesty and sincerity in the 20 century knew he's around! smiley

When he comes back for vengeance it's angels that will follow him to kill all enemies of Godly peace {Matthew 25:31; Luke 19:27; Revelations 19:14} but as for JWs like me we must hold our peace to see the salvation of our God {Exodus 14:14} that's what Jesus is saying now in the spirit realms but you people aren't willing to obey God's only begotten Son! Isaiah 30:15 smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Helping A Man Who Hates Perfumes And Deodorants On Religious Grounds / Do Dreams Have A Message? / Suicide Is Not Acceptable No Matter The Circumstances!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.