Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

Which Course Is Best To Study Among These - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Course Is Best To Study Among These (29702 Views)

Pls,which Course Is Better Between Biochemistry And Med Lab / Which Course(s) Can A Student Apply For With This WAEC Result? / Please Which Course Is Better Between Anatomy And Physiology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Course Is Best To Study Among These by shegz24(m): 3:21pm On Jul 02, 2022
Study inter.rel.
Re: Which Course Is Best To Study Among These by Alfryd: 3:51pm On Jul 02, 2022
saintkeppy:

The anatomy/physiology is also useless in Nigeria, except you run Public Health as post graduate. Besides he is of the Social Sciences.

INTERNATIONAL RELATION AND PUBLIC MANAGEMENT

•You can be a Diplomat, work in Foreign Agencies/Establishments/NGOs.

•You can manage/engage in foreign businesses/franchises if you have a knack for anything business.

Psychology
Often times people under-rate this course, but it's one of the best out there if you understand it's applications in real life job descriptions

You can work as HR, Customer Care of Multi-National companies, Banks etc, there's even Msc in Business Psychology

• hey! Psychologists are needed in Government MDAs, Judiciary, even Armed &paramilitaries.

You can work/engaged in Academia as lecturer, Teacher, counsellor etc.

In some Nigerian Universities this course is offered as Bsc. Psychology, Guidance & Counselling.

Sociology is also fine with its applications in the society
•HR
•Social Works etc
•You can also work in places as above, including Federal Ministry of Humanitarian, Social&Disaster Management.

In UK , there's Masters Degree(Msc) in Corporate Social Responsibility, I think in Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen. which is an important area in Sociology.

cc: teeblaze23

pls sir
what about public administration and political science (combined course)
Re: Which Course Is Best To Study Among These by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 02, 2022
santos123:
hi! If you can help me with some of the materials you used in school, I will be glad
you can get most materials from national open University website.

1 Like

Re: Which Course Is Best To Study Among These by arantess: 3:52pm On Jul 02, 2022
Kwara1stson:
All of them are useless courses. In Nigeria if you don't have connection please go for health courses or tech. When I say health courses I don't mean anatomy, physiology.
Psychology is not useless

They are required in military and para military circles, can be counselors too in NGOs

1 Like

Re: Which Course Is Best To Study Among These by saintkeppy(m): 4:43pm On Jul 02, 2022
Alfryd:

pls sir
what about public administration and political science (combined course)

Government MDAs, (Ministries, Directorates&Agencies) Armed Forces, Paramilitaries, etc

Some private Establishments may seek for your services in areas of managing day-to-day public affairs in office, attending to people's enquiries/issues by providing solutions using Administrative &managerials skills.

It's all depends on your career line, which short professional courses can help you become versatile, or Post Graduate(Masters Degree) program can elevate you to be an expertise in an area of core competency.

For instance if you wanna be a Diplomat or you have a dream of working in an Embassy with that your Bachelors Degree(B.sc) background,
an M.sc in International Relations or M.sc in Diplomatic &Strategic Studies will put you in the right direction, then you can communicate with atleast one foreign Language as an added advantage.
Re: Which Course Is Best To Study Among These by professore(m): 4:53pm On Jul 02, 2022
Kwara1stson:
it is what your lecturers told you that still exists in the figment of your imagination. Reality will soon dawn on you.
doing better than you in reality already.
Re: Which Course Is Best To Study Among These by Kwara1stson: 4:55pm On Jul 02, 2022
professore:
doing better than you in reality already.
yes I guess in your business development Job aka Marketer.. hope customers are patronizing you.
Re: Which Course Is Best To Study Among These by Perfectbeing(m): 5:00pm On Jul 02, 2022
nnamdi640:
You might end up as a teacher. Just avoid anything that will make you become a teacher in this country.
When Tinubu or Peter Obi becomes the President, the teaching profession will be a thing of pride.
Re: Which Course Is Best To Study Among These by Cousin9999: 5:07pm On Jul 02, 2022
teeblaze23:

*INTERNATIONAL RELATION AND PUBLIC MANAGEMENT

That is the broadest of the choices. Whether you work in the public or private sector and regardless of industry, you have applicable leadership training and a variety of valuable skills. It's also a good course if you decide to study and/or work abroad.
Re: Which Course Is Best To Study Among These by saintkeppy(m): 5:08pm On Jul 02, 2022
Lightorder:
Non ! Reason: the president didn’t study any

Remember, not everyone will be as lucky as President Buhari.

You may decide to dump ur Cert. but just get it first, then every other thing of your interest will follow.

1 Like

Re: Which Course Is Best To Study Among These by Geosignor(m): 5:49pm On Jul 02, 2022
teeblaze23:
In Nigeria of today, we all know, someone could study fishery and be working in CBN... Connection plays a lot, But for some us who ain't so " lucky" to have uncles and relatives in high places, it would be very reasonable to carefully choose a course of study that will provide us with the best prospect of succeeding in life.

So, please guys. Which of the following courses would you choose if you were to pick one, looking at the current realities and future potentials, and knowing that you have the capacity to flourish academically in all.

*ENGLISH LANGUAGE.
*ENGLISH EDUCATION
*MASS COMMUNICATION
*POLITICAL SCIENCE
*SOCIOLOGY
*PSYCHOLOGY
*HISTORY AND STRATEGIC STUDIES

Kindly give a reason for your choice, thanks

Go for psychology. It will be easy for you to study mental health abroad and get a good job. Alot of opportunity for you as psychologist outside Nigeria. I bet you...you can't regret doing the course if you graduate with a good grade.

Best of luck bro!
Re: Which Course Is Best To Study Among These by saintkeppy(m): 6:05pm On Jul 02, 2022
adeoyekay:
Is okay

It will never repeat itself again

Thanks for the criticism

It is a common mistake in Nigeria, I would have preferred those mentioning you, correct you appropriately devoid of ridicule. Ain't nobody above mistakes.

I am deeply humbled by your Gracious responses to naija4life247 &others.

Your responses alone can win you an Award, please keep it up, God bless you according to Proverbs 22:4

1 Like

Re: Which Course Is Best To Study Among These by placeofallure(f): 6:15pm On Jul 02, 2022
nnamdi640:
You might end up as a teacher. Just avoid anything that will make you become a teacher in this country.

It depends on the school you teach in and how you hone your skills to meet industry standards. I earn 6 figures as an instructor. Teaching is a noble profession.

1 Like

Re: Which Course Is Best To Study Among These by mctech(m): 6:22pm On Jul 02, 2022
None. While it's good to get higher education, the current reality in Nigeria proves that it could make you under-employed (e.g. teachers) or unemployed after spending huge sums of money and time.

What is the future? Get a digital skill! The future is IT. Thereafter look to the largest employer that ever was - the internet!

Doesn't stop you from going to school, though. However seek to gain knowledge ( not the certificate and status) and aggressively market same online.

For example, you may study journalism (or Mass Comm.), really polish your writing skills and start freelancing or working remotely.
Re: Which Course Is Best To Study Among These by nnamdi640: 7:11pm On Jul 02, 2022
placeofallure:

It depends on the school you teach in and how you hone your skills to meet industry standards. I earn 6 figures as an instructor. Teaching is a noble profession.
You are one out of many that earn such in teaching job. Moreover, those that will pay you well will fustrate ones live.
Re: Which Course Is Best To Study Among These by nnamdi640: 7:17pm On Jul 02, 2022
placeofallure:

Again, do they have healthcare insurance and pension scheme for you? If no, then that shouldn't be your dream job. Apart from your salary, is there any other benefits? if no, then it doesn't worth it.
Re: Which Course Is Best To Study Among These by tweakdude1: 7:22pm On Jul 02, 2022
teeblaze23:
In Nigeria of today, we all know, someone could study fishery and be working in CBN... Connection plays a lot, But for some us who ain't so " lucky" to have uncles and relatives in high places, it would be very reasonable to carefully choose a course of study that will provide us with the best prospect of succeeding in life.

So, please guys. Which of the following courses would you choose if you were to pick one, looking at the current realities and future potentials, and knowing that you have the capacity to flourish academically in all.

*ENGLISH LANGUAGE.
*ENGLISH EDUCATION
*MASS COMMUNICATION
*POLITICAL SCIENCE
*SOCIOLOGY
*PSYCHOLOGY

Political Science is the best here
Re: Which Course Is Best To Study Among These by kwaso2: 7:29pm On Jul 02, 2022
Mass Comm- OAPs/ TV cost/ presenter/social media manager
Psychology- NGO/ social works
Public relations - HR personnel

1 Like

Re: Which Course Is Best To Study Among These by Wwwq: 7:58pm On Jul 02, 2022
None

Go for stem
Re: Which Course Is Best To Study Among These by phemmyfour: 8:28pm On Jul 02, 2022
teeblaze23:

*ENGLISH LANGUAGE.
*ENGLISH EDUCATION
*MASS COMMUNICATION
*POLITICAL SCIENCE
*SOCIOLOGY
*PSYCHOLOGY

With mass communication, you are not restricted
Re: Which Course Is Best To Study Among These by Plugsk(m): 9:55pm On Jul 02, 2022
None! Go learn skill. angry
teeblaze23:

*ENGLISH LANGUAGE.
*ENGLISH EDUCATION
*MASS COMMUNICATION
*POLITICAL SCIENCE
*SOCIOLOGY
*PSYCHOLOGY

Re: Which Course Is Best To Study Among These by Gentlesoul2021(m): 9:55pm On Jul 02, 2022
Kwara1stson:
All of them are useless courses. In Nigeria if you don't have connection please go for health courses or tech. When I say health courses I don't mean anatomy, physiology.

What of biochemistry bro….
Re: Which Course Is Best To Study Among These by Gentlesoul2021(m): 10:03pm On Jul 02, 2022
vikstandon:

Psychology... Look towards forensics or clinical psychology.
We need attention there both in understanding how and paths crime are done...and why people commit crime.
How does their mind affect their behaviour... What makes them do what they do... What traces do they leave behind when they do what they do.

I am a Chemist (Analytical and Industrial Chemist by training)... I have taken keen interest in Psychology. Nigeria needs experts in solving crimes and terrorism which is on the rise both in cyberspace and physical world.

You just outline my passion about crime investigation. I have been taking cybersecurity classes nd will further by going for forensic chemistry/biochemistry at masters level.
Re: Which Course Is Best To Study Among These by Kwara1stson: 10:33pm On Jul 02, 2022
Gentlesoul2021:

What of biochemistry bro….
it is the pioneer of useless courses. Except you travel out n go into research or maybe u further then u lecture. In another case if u are lucky u get a sale rep job in pharm companies n be distributing drugs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Course Is Best To Study Among These by placeofallure(f): 11:40pm On Jul 02, 2022
nnamdi640:
Again, do they have healthcare insurance and pension scheme for you? If no, then that shouldn't be your dream job. Apart from your salary, is there any other benefits? if no, then it doesn't worth it.

Yes there is both.
Re: Which Course Is Best To Study Among These by placeofallure(f): 11:53pm On Jul 02, 2022
nnamdi640:
You are one out of many that earn such in teaching job. Moreover, those that will pay you well will fustrate ones live.

Well, every occupation has it's peculiar challenges. Really, there's no frustration here. Most times, I get home before 4pm. What you do is normal routine for an instructor. Plan your lessons, deliver them, do evaluation, grade students, keep records, liaise with parents chikena!

Although I do other things like plan and execute school events, take minutes in meetings, write reports, prepare students for external competitions, do chaperon duties, retrain staff, handle recruitment for new staff and all but not every staff member does that, just a select few. Once you know your onions, there's no frustration.

1 Like

Re: Which Course Is Best To Study Among These by dukeaugustus(m): 12:16am On Jul 03, 2022
Just choose anyone, go to school, graduate and have good grades. While in school, just learn a skill and be very good at that.

Certificate one side, hustle one side. These are the main combination to earn a living. Above all is the grace of God. Selah
Re: Which Course Is Best To Study Among These by JohnnA1: 3:12am On Jul 03, 2022
santos123:
Any advise for me? I am studying English education. It has been challenging so far
Hi, what's challenging in English Edu.?
Re: Which Course Is Best To Study Among These by vickydevoka(m): 5:17am On Jul 03, 2022
Kwara1stson:
God bless u for that anatomy
Re: Which Course Is Best To Study Among These by vickydevoka(m): 5:18am On Jul 03, 2022
buttlover:
ENGLISH LANGUAGE. Most Asian countries are in high demand of English tutors. They pay in dollar $ too
Ya
Re: Which Course Is Best To Study Among These by santos123(m): 6:24am On Jul 03, 2022
JohnnA1:
Hi, what's challenging in English Edu.?
trying to understand, analyze and being creative
Re: Which Course Is Best To Study Among These by whippersnapper(m): 6:58am On Jul 03, 2022
tysonnn:

How has it benefitted you?
I got a job immediately after service thanks to my dad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

People's Reactions To ASUU Strike In Funny Meme Collection / Unilag Cut Off Mark / Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.