Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:13 PM

6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members (30894 Views)

APC Governors Move To Hijack Presidential Ticket - The Sun / Zamfara Market Fire: APC Governors Donate N50m, 6 PDP Governors Donate N100M / South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members by Move2(m): 7:35am On Jul 02, 2022
According to the PDP source, trouble started when Ayu was elected national chairman of the PDP. The source said leaders of the party had agreed to zone the chairmanship of the PDP to the North, while the South, like the All Progressives Congress (APC), would produce the presidential candidate.

He said as soon as Ayu assumed office, he jettisoned the arrangement he inherited and started working for the emergence of Atiku, who is seen as his close political ally, to emerge as the candidate. The source, who didn’t want to be named, said despite attempts by governors and other leaders of the party to prevail on Ayu to
respect the agreement that he inherited, the former Senate President remained adamant.

“When it was obvious that Ayu wasn’t ready to listen and zone the presidential ticket to the South, governors and other leaders decided to leave the contest open. But they agreed to support a Southern aspirant, but people like Okowa, Godwin Obaseki of Edo State and other people, especially from the South South, started working to ensure that a Northern candidate emerged,” he narrated.

Revealing further, the source said when Wike lost the primary election to Atiku, party leaders agreed that it would be best to pick him as the running mate to Atiku. He revealed the aforementioned governors met with Atiku and other leaders to pick Wike as a popular choice, but were ignored by Ayu and Atiku, who are believed to be
micro-managed by some powerful Northern leaders. Unable to have their way, he said the six governors decided not to play any active role during the presidential campaign of Atiku. He said though they may not defect to the APC, they’re likely to sabotage the chances of the PDP from within.

The governors can’t and won’t defect. They understand that clearly. If they defect now, their candidates can’t win elections. Some of them are gunning for a second term. But they’ll sabotage Atiku the same way PDP governors sabotaged President Goodluck Johnathan in 2015.

If you recall, many governors of the PDP, especially from the North, worked for the emergence of Buhari. They didn’t leave the PDP, but they sabotaged it from within. That’s what may play out in the case of Atiku.

There is a general consensus from Southern leaders that power should return to the region. And many PDP governors are close friends of the presidential candidate of the APC, Bola Ahmed Tinubu. They will work for him. If that happens, hold Atiku and Ayu responsible,” the angry source further revealed.

Saturday Sun has also reliably gathered that Tinubu’s men have started reaching out to the aggrieved governors and other key Southern leaders of the PDP. It was learnt that Tinubu’s current vacation in Europe is part of the arrangement to meet with some of the governors who are also out of the country for the summer holiday.
https://www.sunnewsonline.com/2023-six-govs-move-against-atiku-2/

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members by Tonypen247(m): 7:37am On Jul 02, 2022
A house divided in itself cannot progress undecided

Kindly check my signature below

22 Likes

Re: 6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 02, 2022
Peter Obi should move on.

59 Likes

Re: 6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members by kponkedenge(m): 7:39am On Jul 02, 2022
Okay.

1 Like

Re: 6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members by Tonypen247(m): 7:41am On Jul 02, 2022
Jennifer663:

You are doing well brother.

22 Likes

Re: 6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members by Frigga13: 7:44am On Jul 02, 2022
And the source that followed all this drama in and out no get Name

Funny

Power to the people
North 2023

Yoruba sustained propaganda to cause crises in Pdp so as to give their god power is laughable

Very stupid propaganda

Think they should focus more on how to make obi come last and not targeting something even if oduduwA appear in person can’t get

Fromwike to Obi to Kwankwanso back to Wike .. and they think all human are daft..

Pdp is United ... sign sealed and delivered

After 2023 .. we will remind Una

For now

North 2023

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members by Ray02: 7:47am On Jul 02, 2022
So if they sabotage their party, who lose? Look at Atiku and Saraki today. Lol

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members by Olaoluwa122: 7:52am On Jul 02, 2022
Vote Atiku Come 2023

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members by datola: 8:14am On Jul 02, 2022
Olaoluwa122:
Vote Atiku Come 2023

What do you hope to gain from Atiku as president

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members by yyba: 8:20am On Jul 02, 2022
The same thing could have happen to APC if TINUBU lost the primary election

27 Likes

Re: 6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 02, 2022
Tonypen247:

You are doing well brother.
Am a lady

3 Likes

Re: 6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members by Truthisunique2: 8:30am On Jul 02, 2022
Orji kalu newspaper, we know all the lies you told during the build up to lawan that still failed

Wike have officially ditched Tinubu

Obaseki is in line with Atiku, the only reason he isn't vp is because of okowa double region advantage

Which other name did you add to make 6 governor's

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 02, 2022
Peter Obi of Labour Party is simply the best candidate and the man Nigeria needs desperately come 2023 presidential election. He outlined the issues that has bedevilled the country over the years proffering solutions to change the narrative once and for all. Peter Obi said:
1. I can’t sleep because I know what to do! I have gone round the 36 States of the country like I have gone round 31 countries of the world, I know the problems of Nigeria and I know I can fix them easily! Because I can see them, I can fix them!
2. Hunger takes people to the streets! Job and food will obviously take them out of crimes! That’s my specialty, creating jobs and wealth!
3. I have not come out for myself! I have come out for the millions of youths that are losing hope in our beloved country!
I have come out for the millions of women who are afraid of tomorrow and what it holds for them and their children! I have come out for the poor who are asking weather it’s a sin to be a Nigerian! For them, I have come!
4. For people who are asking if Peter Obi has ‘structure’, what structure is bigger and stronger than the collective will of the masses on whose necks the knees of the politicians have been? What structure is greater than the determination of a people who have at last decided to take back their country, their only country?
5. The battle for the rescue of the soul of Nigeria has just begun and we must all be contributive and participative in it.
6. Yes, we may not have the money to share because we didn’t steal any.We have not come to enslave but to serve.
7. Have you imagined somebody giving you money to help you? Bribing you to go and serve you? It’s wisdom to go for a permanent solution than a temporary remedy!
8. This battle is to help Nigerian youths, Market women, struggling families, students, teachers, famers, old and poor, whose helpless looking faces I see everywhere I go. It’s for these people that l, Peter Obi, have come! However, like a drowning man, they must bring out their hands to be saved!
9. In this battle, if you can’t fly, run! If you can’t run, walk! If you can’t walk, crawl! If you can’t crawl, roll! If you can’t roll, shout! By all means we must be on the move and we must be heard!
10. These people are more than 50 million of the Nigerian voting adults. They have the power. Their destiny is in their hands so they can change it. If they will it, they will win it!
11. Remember, the man with energy will always be at the mercy of the man with strategy based on synergy. With God on our side, we shall not fail and we shall not fall! May God help us!
God bless Nigeria!
12. I will rather lose doing the right thing than win doing the wrong thing.
13. Nigeria must move beyond oil; we must move from Consumption to Production nation.

72 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members by Prince111111: 8:42am On Jul 02, 2022
Frigga13:
And the source that followed all this drama in and out no get Name

Funny

Power to the people
North 2023

they no dey get name na. Yeye people grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members by Smithkafors(m): 8:54am On Jul 02, 2022
Una dey neglect Atiku, that man is deadly o....... I wonder how guys think he will be won in his backyard?.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members by OLADD: 10:07am On Jul 02, 2022
Junks coming from Orji Kalu's partial news tabloid. Assuming these ascertions hold waters, northern APC governors would also work secretely to ensure emergence of their own (ATIKU) as president. It will be tit for tat.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members by kponkedenge(m): 10:08am On Jul 02, 2022
PDP is a dying party. if for anything, they needed a unifer for the 2023 elections and not a Dubai based politician in the twilight of his political career, that could care less if they fail in 2023.

If PDP doesn't win the election in 2023, they will die a natural death.

The Southern PDP faction will move to Labour Party, while the northern faction will move to NNPP

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members by ORAFA(m): 12:59pm On Jul 02, 2022
Correct

1 Like

Re: 6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members by Angelfrost(m): 12:59pm On Jul 02, 2022
APC and PDP can burn in Hell!...

Whoever votes for either party doesn't want the progress of this nation. Simple!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members by BabaOfLagos: 12:59pm On Jul 02, 2022
Well the universe has its way of moving against prediction to favor who divinity decideds to favours!

Unfolding dramas expected, few months to go.
For those who understands Basketball profits.. See the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/7169675

4 Likes

Re: 6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 02, 2022
Jennifer663:

Tinubu should move on

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members by Tonypen247(m): 1:00pm On Jul 02, 2022
H
Re: 6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members by Ancecoker(m): 1:00pm On Jul 02, 2022
grin
Re: 6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members by haffaze777(m): 1:00pm On Jul 02, 2022
Make PDP die jejely and use lazy people [LP] as abobakugrin

Nigeria will know peace without those cretin.

172 Likes

Re: 6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members by Frigga13: 1:00pm On Jul 02, 2022
After 2023 eyes go clear

No be by social media and “ source “ assumption..

Yoruba can keep their propaganda coming .. nobody takes them serious ..

Because even minus Pdp ...

Apc won’t win this election with Tinubu...

Tinubu can never ever govern this country and that’s why we want him on ballot .. so we clear him and his people

Power to the people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members by Offpoint1: 1:00pm On Jul 02, 2022
Peter the Rock Obi is our next president

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members by Pristine664: 1:00pm On Jul 02, 2022
PDP may come third in next year election.

5 Likes

Re: 6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members by Pecky7932: 1:00pm On Jul 02, 2022
Meet Young men who are romantic and rich in Ibadan
ToluIB80: meet working class guys that can take good care of you

Re: 6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members by opalu: 1:00pm On Jul 02, 2022
Ok
Re: 6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members by Jack500: 1:00pm On Jul 02, 2022
grin grin

We saw it coming

Tinubu should start preparing for his inaugural speech

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 6 PDP Governors Move Against Atiku, Tinubu's Men Reachout To PDP Members by Stanislause94: 1:01pm On Jul 02, 2022
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Governors, Lawmakers Give Conditions To Join APC / Election Of Senator Eyinnaya Abaribe Nullified In Abia State / Security Around Wike’s Father’s House Tightened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.