Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Running Mate: Tinubu Pencils Zulum, Shettima, Aide Debunks Meeting With Wike - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Running Mate: Tinubu Pencils Zulum, Shettima, Aide Debunks Meeting With Wike (30913 Views)

Shettima’s Aide, Stanley Nkwocha To Obi: ₦15bn For VP’s Residence Not Wasteful / Runing Mate: Tinubu Meets APC Chairman, 11 Northern Governors / Tinubu Pencils Down Justice Abang As CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Running Mate: Tinubu Pencils Zulum, Shettima, Aide Debunks Meeting With Wike by jogojogo: 10:40am On Jul 02, 2022
Thats it!!!
9jii:

I hope this ll not be an interrogation session?

To determine a better candidate, I simply look at their pass governing- policies and levels of implementation.
Tinubu politics has connections with masses all across South western states. And he has for long extended that to many Northern states by building the alliance with many politicians that have strong grassroots support in their communities.

I always maintain the problems of this country is not a party base. Everything depends upon the leadership style of the person in charge.
Re: Running Mate: Tinubu Pencils Zulum, Shettima, Aide Debunks Meeting With Wike by Polchiz(m): 10:41am On Jul 02, 2022
Ibkhaleel01:
*FLASH BACK CHRISTIAN-CHRISTAIN TICKETS*

1. In 1978, UPN. Presidential torch bearer chief Awolowo Obafemi picked his running mate Chief Umeadi Phillip (ready to win but failed) Christian/Christian. No comments.

2. In 1979, Dr. Nnamdi Azikwe and Prof. Ishaya Audu of kaduna state ran upon Christian/Christian. You want to know the party? Later!

3. In 1966-1975 Yakubu Gowon and Joseph Akinwale ruled us Christian/Christian (military era)

4. Johnson Agui Ironsi and Babafemi Ogundipe ruled Nigeria on Christian/Christian (military era). No noise. Find out the date.

5. Did you know the running mate of chief Tunji Braithwaite?

6. Chief Olagunsoye Oyinlola and Mrs Erelu Olusola governed Osun state 2003-2010 Christian/Christian. No noise from Muslim ends.

7. Bar. Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo state and his deputy. Christian/Christian, No noise and comments from Islamic movements.

8. Mr. Ayo Fayose ruled Ekiti from 2014-2018 with his deputy Niyi Adebayo/Olujimi Abiodun. Christian/Christian. No noise from Muslim community.

9. Don’t forget Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti 2010-2014 deputised by a Christian. Christian/Christian. No murmuring.

10. Since First democracy to date South-South, south east states has never tasted Muslim deputy governors not to talk of governors, 1978 to date Flash back.
Rubbish!
Do you have deputy Christian governors in majority muslim states like Kano, Katsina, Jigawa etc.

1 Like

Re: Running Mate: Tinubu Pencils Zulum, Shettima, Aide Debunks Meeting With Wike by Unrated900(m): 10:48am On Jul 02, 2022
TONY042:
Their problem.

Obi we know
Obi we want
Obi we will vote for.

This una obiiiii wey una Dey shout
Cannot get 10 million votes in the whole Nigeria
I fit bet my landlord Ouse on this...
Most of una here with 189 190 230 likes
Don’t even has PVC
Re: Running Mate: Tinubu Pencils Zulum, Shettima, Aide Debunks Meeting With Wike by famology(m): 10:50am On Jul 02, 2022
Majority of the people wailing about Muslim-muslim ticket were never going to vote for Tinubu/Apc. Every experienced political analyst knows that Tinubu will lose woefully if he picks a northern Christian. They don't see Tinubu as a core muslim in the north for obvious reasons, so picking a minority christian from the north is a political suicide. The north controls the game, they have the numbers and they turn out more during election.

Tinubu has no option than to pick an acceptable muslim northerner if he wants to have a good chance of winning the presidential election. The south west is intact already, all he needs now is the majority votes from the north, that's all. He has nothing much to lose. Thankfully, Peter Obi will split what would've been bloc votes for pdp in the south east and south south. With the south west in the bag already for Tinubu, he should go ahead with someone like BABAGANA ZULUM as his Vice Presidential candidate. Zulum is loved across religion by muslims and non muslims for his super performance in Bornu. He's the best man for the position right now.

4 Likes

Re: Running Mate: Tinubu Pencils Zulum, Shettima, Aide Debunks Meeting With Wike by hrykanu231(m): 10:57am On Jul 02, 2022
9jii:

Even there used to be where we are today it's that Hope that lead them to where they are now.
Thank you for being hopeful on us. We ll surely gets it someday.

Agreed, most sane climes were once where Nigeria is. Truth is, most of them did not have nations to copy from, hence it was read, then "trial and error"

But Naija can copy from them now and avoid certain pitfalls. I don't know your age, but look around the world, nations are trying to elect leaders that are young, properly educated and strong.

My concern about Nigeria ATM is that, even when u decide to take your mind off, the calls from there seeking for help are Germaine and you just can't hold back than help. Hence I had to get involved in this Convo, because we need home to be fine.
Re: Running Mate: Tinubu Pencils Zulum, Shettima, Aide Debunks Meeting With Wike by AntonVince: 11:12am On Jul 02, 2022
Truthisunique2:
Zulum have said he prefers to serve his people than go for VP

I don't even see him taking a Muslim Muslim poison because he is a principled man

https://www.thecable.ng/zulum-ive-gotten-offers-for-vp-slot-but-ill-prefer-to-continue-as-governor/amp

Reveal the Shettima na him we even want, outside borno he is nobody, his antecedent in using Borno as pilot state for Boko Haram is very know to the north

You really don't know these northern Muslims.
His statement back then was in reference to the likelihood of an Osinbajo candidacy. He just wouldn't deputize a Christian but will gladly accept Tinubu's offer if made.

Recall that El-Rufai had also declared he wouldn't be on an Amaechi ticket too as VP candidate but here he is lobbying to deputize a Muslim Tinubu.
grin
Re: Running Mate: Tinubu Pencils Zulum, Shettima, Aide Debunks Meeting With Wike by 9jii(m): 11:18am On Jul 02, 2022
hrykanu231:

Agreed, most sane climes were once where Nigeria is. Truth is, most of them did not have nations to copy from, hence it was read, then "trial and error"

But Naija can copy from them now and avoid certain pitfalls. I don't know your age, but look around the world, nations are trying to elect leaders that are young, properly educated and strong.

My concern about Nigeria ATM is that, even when u decide to take your mind off, the calls from there seeking for help are Germaine and you just can't hold back than help. Hence I had to get involved in this Convo, because we need home to be fine.

But You sure sound intelligent enough to know the danger of copying when it comes to governing.
We only need to learn and learning is a gradual process.
In fact copying is one of the main culprit that is staggering our progress in any development.
But learning other nations systems will helping us in thinkering new policies that match our unique objectives, needs and people.
Re: Running Mate: Tinubu Pencils Zulum, Shettima, Aide Debunks Meeting With Wike by Truthisunique2: 11:19am On Jul 02, 2022
AntonVince:

You really don't know these northern Muslims.
His statement back then was in reference to the likelihood of an Osinbajo candidacy. He just wouldn't deputize a Christian but will gladly accept Tinubu's offer if made.

Recall that El-Rufai had also declared he wouldn't be on an Amaechi ticket too as VP candidate but here he is lobbying to deputize a Muslim Tinubu.
grin
No elrufai said he would be VP if Buhari allows him

Infact the northern cabal were scheming to deputize Amaechi

Zulum didn't say he won't deputies osinbajo cos of his religion, he made his case that different sides were calling him

It is easier for a Muslim to be under Christian President e.g Atiku, Sambo, than to be under fake Muslim
Re: Running Mate: Tinubu Pencils Zulum, Shettima, Aide Debunks Meeting With Wike by AntonVince: 11:23am On Jul 02, 2022
Truthisunique2:
No elrufai said he would be VP if Buhari allows him

Infact the northern cabal were scheming to deputize Amaechi

Zulum didn't say he won't deputies osinbajo cos of his religion, he made his case that different sides were calling him

It is easier for a Muslim to be under Christian President e.g Atiku, Sambo, than to be under fake Muslim

https://elanhub.net/2023-i-am-not-going-to-be-on-amaechis-ticket-el-rufai/

Of course Zulum would never say that but I'm telling you the psychology of Muslim extremists.
I know these guys a lot.
Re: Running Mate: Tinubu Pencils Zulum, Shettima, Aide Debunks Meeting With Wike by Truthisunique2: 11:25am On Jul 02, 2022
AntonVince:

https://elanhub.net/2023-i-am-not-going-to-be-on-amaechis-ticket-el-rufai/

Of course Zulum would never say that but I'm telling you the psychology of Muslim extremists.
I know these guys a lot.
you are misquoting elrufai

He said he was not having VP plan that he would go back to school bla bla bla

The later update of that info was on channels when he said he would deputize Amaechi if buhari gave him go ahead

Zulum isn't a bigot
Re: Running Mate: Tinubu Pencils Zulum, Shettima, Aide Debunks Meeting With Wike by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 02, 2022
EmekaMD:
Muslim-muslim ticket is a no no first of all.

Lets even say he wins on that ticket, Nigeria will tear itself down.
taaah Tinubu na Muslim? As far as I'm concerned, Tinubu is a pagan
Re: Running Mate: Tinubu Pencils Zulum, Shettima, Aide Debunks Meeting With Wike by seunaj: 11:30am On Jul 02, 2022
adioolayi:

These are just religion blackmail...we should not fall for it.

The current administration has Christian as VP, as SGF.... which of their decisions their religion has influenced

Same with the Muslims..which of their decisions has religion influenced

The truth is, Naija Politicians are corrupt alike...Muslim, Christians...it's doesn't matter.

On performance...I will want a Zulum..not about religion
No mater how sweet your point sounds, the grave repercussions on the political structure on Nigeria will NEVER make me fall for it
Re: Running Mate: Tinubu Pencils Zulum, Shettima, Aide Debunks Meeting With Wike by tesppidd: 11:47am On Jul 02, 2022
SpecialAdviser:
It is obvious that the north would not allow a Christian northerner to have a shot at VP.
It will be an a big hit on them. A Christian governor will vigorously fight Boko Haram surely. And should Tinubu travel for medical vacation which is of course highly expected if Tinubu wins, he will hand over to the VP when he travels.

So unfortunate! When will we have people in leadership thinking about how to unite Nigerians? So unfortunate.
Osinbajo nkor?
Is he not a Christian VP?

How much did he fight boko haram when Buhari went out for medicals?

All these kind myopic talk sef.

1 Like

Re: Running Mate: Tinubu Pencils Zulum, Shettima, Aide Debunks Meeting With Wike by Eniitankorede: 11:52am On Jul 02, 2022
TONY042:
Their problem.

Obi we know
Obi we want
Obi we will vote for.

Obituary is a failure. You guys always support a losing team anyway.
Re: Running Mate: Tinubu Pencils Zulum, Shettima, Aide Debunks Meeting With Wike by Eniitankorede: 11:55am On Jul 02, 2022
SpecialAdviser:
It is obvious that the north would not allow a Christian northerner to have a shot at VP.
It will be an a big hit on them. A Christian governor will vigorously fight Boko Haram surely. And should Tinubu travel for medical vacation which is of course highly expected if Tinubu wins, he will hand over to the VP when he travels.

So unfortunate! When will we have people in leadership thinking about how to unite Nigerians? So unfortunate.

What has Oshinbajo done on insecurity when Buhari was absent? And what did Jonathan do to insecurity? Religion has nothing to do with the solution.
Re: Running Mate: Tinubu Pencils Zulum, Shettima, Aide Debunks Meeting With Wike by Eniitankorede: 11:58am On Jul 02, 2022
kingsceemark:
This Dirty Oduduwa Donkeys and confusion are like 5 and 6, this confused old drug lord still dey search for his school certificate and running mate

Typical Igbo way of talking. You talk down on people and you want them to accept and vote your Obituary? You are joker. Your obituary will only get votes in the east. And you remember that your east is just 5%? Let’s see how he will win an election in NIGERIA.
Re: Running Mate: Tinubu Pencils Zulum, Shettima, Aide Debunks Meeting With Wike by Tellwhat: 12:13pm On Jul 02, 2022
Jack500:

Do you people have brain at all? Thunder fire him papa for supporting his candidate? Must everyone support your candidate? You urgently need brain.
Is you and your generation that urgently needs a brain

It's like stuuupidity reigns supreme in your family

Or you can't see the subtle insults from that individual towards another tribe

If u mention me again ogun go scatter you
Re: Running Mate: Tinubu Pencils Zulum, Shettima, Aide Debunks Meeting With Wike by teepain: 12:14pm On Jul 02, 2022
Belial06:

People like simplyleo aka LeoDeKing a notorious fraudster on this forum.
Years ago he tried defrauding Nairalanders with a fake Agriculture investment scheme so frankly nothing he does surprises us.

He was called out and shamed on this forum but got his mod friend to delete the threads but if you search deep enough you may yet find some comments about it.

Such people are the tribalists we have who are bitter and unhappy. They resort to fraud to survive so surely you can understand that nothing good comes from such people

Kindly refer to the section of your post in bold characters. Can you avail us of screenshots of those comments that indict simplyleo or LeoDeKing as he who asserts must prove.
Re: Running Mate: Tinubu Pencils Zulum, Shettima, Aide Debunks Meeting With Wike by Jack500: 12:41pm On Jul 02, 2022
Tellwhat:

Is you and your generation that urgently needs a brain

It's like stuuupidity reigns supreme in your family

Or you can't see the subtle insults from that individual towards another tribe

If u mention me again ogun go scatter you

Get sense first, you are Embarassing your daddy.
Re: Running Mate: Tinubu Pencils Zulum, Shettima, Aide Debunks Meeting With Wike by Gospel2Day: 1:03pm On Jul 02, 2022
This goes to show how much of religious bigots Northern Muslims are.
So, what Tinubu is saying is that THERE IS NOT A SINGLE NORTHERN CHRISTIAN that can get votes in the North.
But Southern Christians voted for MKO Abiola.
Seriously, the North should not be part of Nigeria.
And any Northern Christians who vote for Tinubu should be ashamed of themselves.
In fact, Northern Christians should vote massively for a Christian candidate like Peter Obi.
Let Tinubu, Atiku and Kwankaso share Northern Muslims votes.
Then, all Christians in the North and South should vote Peter Obi.
Let's see how it plays out.

1 Like

Re: Running Mate: Tinubu Pencils Zulum, Shettima, Aide Debunks Meeting With Wike by Tellwhat: 1:12pm On Jul 02, 2022
Jack500:

Get sense first, you are Embarassing your daddy.
Go and tell that to your grandfather. He's the one that lack sense

Keep embarrassing your lineage and get that Leo blockus out of ya mouth

Jack is a mumu
Re: Running Mate: Tinubu Pencils Zulum, Shettima, Aide Debunks Meeting With Wike by Ykc2(m): 1:12pm On Jul 02, 2022
9jii:
With or without VP, we all know Tinubu is going to be president of this country in 2023.
Zulum or Shettima will be an excellent choice that is going to make Atiku and Obi loose hope completely before even campaign begins.
when officiall campaign of Muslim Muslim ticket go start you go know say now no be 1993 wey Internet never dey,see the way your saying it, can northerners even allow northern Christian to become a vice president not to talk of Christian president and Christian vice president, atiku with obi against buhari who is president they got 12 million votes now you want to compare tinubu to atiku ?presidency is not ekiti or osun governorship elections
Re: Running Mate: Tinubu Pencils Zulum, Shettima, Aide Debunks Meeting With Wike by ufotunang: 1:21pm On Jul 02, 2022
So it's a Muslim Muslim ticket...no regards for the Christians ....ok
Re: Running Mate: Tinubu Pencils Zulum, Shettima, Aide Debunks Meeting With Wike by melviniyke2002(m): 1:35pm On Jul 02, 2022
adioolayi:
Give me Zulum...you get my Vote Tinubu..

Wetin concern me concern Christian Nonsense...wetin Pst Osinbajo, President Obasanjo or Goodluck don do as Christians
stop hiding,come out straight n support ur grand father in peace
Re: Running Mate: Tinubu Pencils Zulum, Shettima, Aide Debunks Meeting With Wike by kingsceemark(m): 1:42pm On Jul 02, 2022
Eniitankorede:

Typical Igbo way of talking. You talk down on people and you want them to accept and vote your Obituary? You are joker. Your obituary will only get votes in the east. And you remember that your east is just 5%? Let’s see how he will win an election in NIGERIA.

So winning elections and ruling a country like Nigeria is now a ticket for a good living to the dirty Oduduwa Donkeys? Obasanjo rules for 8 good years, Osibanjo vice president for 7 years and some months now, still yet south wastee is the most dirty tribe and produce the most laziest youths in Nigerian, so tell me what's the benefit of winning and ruling a country all you donkeys benefited all this years from your past and present leaders? Instead, you have a lot of crimes, kidnapping, ritualism, human head and body parts harvesters in your dirty region, so I reject any Igbo person winning elections or ruling Nigeria if all this is what you're talking about, you can keep your VOTE to yourself, who Yoruba VOTE help?

Re: Running Mate: Tinubu Pencils Zulum, Shettima, Aide Debunks Meeting With Wike by garfield1: 2:01pm On Jul 02, 2022
Cc kyase,fergie001, ojuntana.another of my predictions about to oset igo
Re: Running Mate: Tinubu Pencils Zulum, Shettima, Aide Debunks Meeting With Wike by Jack500: 2:03pm On Jul 02, 2022
Tellwhat:

Go and tell that to your grandfather. He's the one that lack sense

Keep embarrassing your lineage and get that Leo blockus out of ya mouth

Jack is a mumu

@bolded.
Don't mistake me for your father
Re: Running Mate: Tinubu Pencils Zulum, Shettima, Aide Debunks Meeting With Wike by Tellwhat: 2:12pm On Jul 02, 2022
Jack500:

@bolded.
Don't mistake me for your father
Of course not

But you and your father are both mumus
Re: Running Mate: Tinubu Pencils Zulum, Shettima, Aide Debunks Meeting With Wike by html14java(f): 2:44pm On Jul 02, 2022
9jii:

Logically oo metaphorically oo all I'm saying you shut up.
Its only an advice to you, so you don't continue shooting yourself on the leg thinking you're making sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Declared Ifeanyi Ubah Winner To Save My Life – Returning Officer / I Hope History Will Be Kind To Me – Buhari / Restructuring: I Won’t Succumb To Pressure ― Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.