Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,464 members, 7,781,344 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:48 PM

Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship (31861 Views)

Lekki Deep Sea Port Received The First Transshipment Vessel From The Far East / Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) / $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship by EMIOMOADEOYE: 2:32pm On Jul 02, 2022
dolappooot45:
the Lekki sea port on the 1st of July received it first cargo ship after it inception about 13 years ago and over 4 years of construction.
this is a big win for Nigeria and it economy.

3 gigantic Quar cranes and 10 rubber tire gantry cranes were delivered to the Lekki port from ZPMC, china.
These cranes are by far the most sophisticated and most modern in the entire west African region as they are designed to be operated in sync with other port facilities via automation.

the Lekki port will not also serve as the first deep sea port in Nigeria which is designed to alleviate the extreme congestion at the lagos port and attract other large cargo ship that normally berth at neighboring countries because of the poor state of Nigeria port infrastructure, It will also serve as the first and only smart port in the whole west african region.

It will also attract massive investment in the already developing Lekki free trade zone as manufacturers can quickly come settle close to the port facilities and will not have to go through the hardship of evacuating containers from the apapa port and moving it through bad roads which is very daunting. the presence of a deep sea port literally at their backyard solves many of the problems of doing business in Nigeria.

the port will commence full operation in september, 2022

behold the Lekki deep sea port

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBQz24fgPk0

All are still in Lagos.

How is this a welcome development?

Simply visiting the menace of Apapa on an already wobbling Lekki axis.
Re: Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship by Elimon(m): 2:32pm On Jul 02, 2022
dolappooot45:
the Lekki sea port on the 1st of July received it first cargo ship after it inception about 13 years ago and over 4 years of construction.
this is a big win for Nigeria and it economy.

3 gigantic Quar cranes and 10 rubber tire gantry cranes were delivered to the Lekki port from ZPMC, china.
These cranes are by far the most sophisticated and most modern in the entire west African region as they are designed to be operated in sync with other port facilities via automation.

the Lekki port will not also serve as the first deep sea port in Nigeria which is designed to alleviate the extreme congestion at the lagos port and attract other large cargo ship that normally berth at neighboring countries because of the poor state of Nigeria port infrastructure, It will also serve as the first and only smart port in the whole west african region.

It will also attract massive investment in the already developing Lekki free trade zone as manufacturers can quickly come settle close to the port facilities and will not have to go through the hardship of evacuating containers from the apapa port and moving it through bad roads which is very daunting. the presence of a deep sea port literally at their backyard solves many of the problems of doing business in Nigeria.

the port will commence full operation in september, 2022

behold the Lekki deep sea port

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBQz24fgPk0

While Nigerian port Authorities keep frustrating the use of ports such as Port Harcourt and Ibaka deep seaport for the fear of igbo people neglecting Lagos ports for more accessible southern ports.
This is no way for development of a so called "one Nigeria"

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship by SugarGirl44(f): 2:36pm On Jul 02, 2022
obynzo:

Oga go and develop Osun, Ekiti and Ogun and stop famzing with Lagos

It's none of your business.
Lagos is owned by all Yorubas.

Why not find a state in your dead region to famz?
Oh I forgot there's nothing worthy of famzing there.

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship by SugarGirl44(f): 2:38pm On Jul 02, 2022
Elimon:

While Nigerian port Authorities keep frustrating the use of ports such as Port Harcourt and Ibaka deep seaport for the fear of igbo people neglecting Lagos ports for more accessible southern ports.

What's one Nigeria?
How's Nigeria one?

Never have, never will be.
Re: Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship by Elimon(m): 2:38pm On Jul 02, 2022
LegendHero:

No one is stopping Cross River from doing same and attracting investment through PPP.

You guys will just continue fighting a non-existent enemy and remain stagnant as a state.

Please read news we'll bro, Yoruba completely frustrated developments of calabar and the better Ibaka deep seaport in Akwa Ibom state... Even Akwa Ibom state government complained of this same thing. The port was ready since 2018 but operations were stalled on stupid excuses
Re: Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship by olas24u(f): 2:42pm On Jul 02, 2022
CalabarPikin:
Commendable

Reason they wouldn't want CRS's or any other state especially south-south/south west to have a deep sea port cuz of the fear of loosing business men from those areas......but then business moguls will always have their doings

Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA), the country has six seaports: Apapa and Tin Can in Lagos, the Onne and Port-Harcourt ports in Rivers State, the Warri Port, and the Calabar Port.

So which one does not work ?

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship by dolappooot45: 2:44pm On Jul 02, 2022
Elimon:

The port is largely privately funded..meaning those who wants to invest in port infrastructure have right to choose which ever place they feel it best for their business..and they chose lagos..

the vast majority of imports are not handled by igbo people ..they were never handled by easterners either,,

all of the industries settled between lagos and ogun state which in total accounts for 86% of industries in Nigeria owns most of the imports.. hence the reason they chose Lagos cuz it closer to them..it even the bigger reason why factories mostly settle between lagos and ogun state because of it proximity to the ports

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship by Johel(m): 2:44pm On Jul 02, 2022
dolappooot45:

It is suppose to reduce the cost of things..(not by any large rate though)

there are extra cost incurred with the inefficiencies of apapa and tin can ports ...that extra cost can be saved and passed to the masses if the business men who are mostly our eastern brothers will be willingly to..

plus it increased revenue by both the FG and state government..
if you live in lagos and know ilupeju very well ,have you ever got to wonder why industries just jam-packed themselves there..

well you will see the same in ibeju lekki in less than a decade

lastly it not drama..there is seriousness to delier the port this year

Yeah,that ilupeju, I've been wondering why there's much industries around there tbvh

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship by Danthemariner: 2:45pm On Jul 02, 2022
Realist12:
The siting of the port, Lekki FTZ and Eko Atlantic is brilliant. Seems Apapa will only be handling importation while this port will deal with exportation. Dangote refinery will be able to export refined petroleum easily so also other companies sited there .
For Dangote to key into this tells you how much he believes the State government yet the social media youths without foresight keeps denigrating the achievements of Lagos shows the youths are not been realistic . If we are being honest with ourselves in Nigeria let's support Tinubu vote Tinubu for president. The Tinubu factor and legacies in Lagos alone is behind the progress of the state , if he can do this at the states level why not at the federal level. Investors believe in him more than any other candidates that will rather save or maintain status quo. I think it's time the youths rethink and choose proven and real developments rather than subjecting to social media trend.

Nice write up?.. But it is not possible for one seaport to handle export and the other import...

When a vessel berth at a port it also takes back container for export... Now the opening of lekki port and other port across the country will lead to discongestion nd also provide thousands of direct nd indirect employment.

Thanks
Re: Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship by LegendHero(m): 2:46pm On Jul 02, 2022
Elimon:

Please read news we'll bro, Yoruba completely frustrated developments of calabar and the better Ibaka deep seaport in Akwa Ibom state... Even Akwa Ibom state government complained of this same thing. The port was ready since 2018 but operations were stalled on stupid excuses

How did the Yoruba frustrate you?

Are we the one governing the country in 2011, 2015, & 2019?

So Jonathan the president is drinking ogogoro as president while the Yorubas are frustrating Niger Delta from having a port?

7 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship by Edyice: 2:47pm On Jul 02, 2022
HakiimAlvista:
What about about Warri, PH and Calabar ports. So so promose, nothing tangible. Set of biased rulers

It's only you that understand what's going on ...

The rulers wants seaport in lagos to work effectively and refusing to focus on others...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship by GOATandYAMtheory: 2:48pm On Jul 02, 2022
obembet:
Congratulations to Oduduwa, I hope those flat head developer will not Claim it tomorrow.
Na them built Lagos, na them make port Harcourt become a better state, na them built London.

Awon Omo irankiran
Abi..na dem deveRope everywhere except their own states. See all dem states for south East like say na graveyard grin
Re: Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 02, 2022
SugarGirl44:

It's none of your business.
Lagos is owned by all Yorubas.

Why not find a state in your dead region to famz?
Oh I forgot there's nothing worthy of famzing there.

Oga go and develop your state. So far Nigeria is split into states, All Yorubas do not own Lagos, but the Yorubas that are indigenes of Lagos.
Re: Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship by lafuria1(m): 2:49pm On Jul 02, 2022
sukar886:

Who n who made Lagos, u get any plot for Lagos, no de make noise, u no the shame say igbos don buy all of una land, come gbagada come see my house.

Only wish they could do same to where they came from.
Re: Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 02, 2022
Realist12:
but y'all claim Tinubu and Chagoury are the biggest landlord in Lagos. Lagos state utilizes PPP and they have been preaching it for a long time now .

Which bloody PPP? Oga cool down abeg.
Re: Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship by Pakute: 2:51pm On Jul 02, 2022
obembet:

Am sorry sweetheart, I think I will leave politics for them
If you leave, it doesn't stop them from attacking you. Séun wey no dey talk, see how dey attack the guy now.

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 02, 2022
sukar886:

Who n who made Lagos, u get any plot for Lagos, no de make noise, u no the shame say igbos don buy all of una land, come gbagada come see my house.

Na 99-year lease dey make this one proud
All the mansions wey una people forget for PH during war, una don go collect am? grin

You no sabi anything

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship by emee701(m): 2:55pm On Jul 02, 2022
obynzo:

Oga go and develop your state. So far Nigeria is split into states, All Yorubas do not own Lagos, but the Yorubas that are indigenes of Lagos.
Its not your business. Leave yorubas to worry about that

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship by VEHINTOLAR: 3:06pm On Jul 02, 2022
Yoruba n te siwaju,inu n bi awon olote !
YORUBA to the world na ni o jeee !

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship by feedthenation(m): 3:07pm On Jul 02, 2022
----Tinubu & Family Deep Sea Port Company---
Re: Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship by Greenback: 3:15pm On Jul 02, 2022
mineo:
Sometimes I wonder if these other states have governors governing them. Before you know, they'll start blaming Bubu and Tinubu for their calamities.

There are ports in Delta, Calabar,Rivers states and Akwa Ibom has her own brand new deep sea port as well. Tell us now,why isn't the federal government diverting some maritime traffic to these ports and ease the traffic in Lagos Apapa ports?

Also states like Ondo and Ogun are coastal states and we all know tinubu got the entire SW in his pocket,are you saying now that these states are blaming Tinubu for their calamities?

Another very important thing,how are Nigerians benefitting from these ports?

I'm a sailor and I have sailed virtually all the ports in naija. Now take Lagos for example,the ports stretches from some minis at mile 2,kirikiri (where you have lots of petrol/diesel depots),then the main one at Tin 1st and 2nd gates before you finally get to Apapa.

In all these,how many Nigerians have permanent jobs there? Virtually none!!!!

The only privileged few are those working directly with NPA including their security guards and they are 90% northerners!
The rest are all bloody contract workers who don't even know their employers.
They are called Stevedores or dock workers. Whatever they are paid goes thru like two hands before it gets to them finally!

So don't just open your mouth waaaa and just talk
Re: Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship by shegz24(m): 3:19pm On Jul 02, 2022
Meanwhile in Anambra..... cheesy cheesy
Re: Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship by Edyice: 3:23pm On Jul 02, 2022
I read this lads comments , I weak .

Eniitankorede mineo legendhero twilliamx sleekfingers coronavirus84 xperiencelove buccalcavity2 seunmsg

So anything development in lagos is tinubu's doing . I hope the houses my dad built in lagos is not Tinubu's doing .. ( let me tell you something, other tribes will continue to stay and leave in lagos because the greedy president have talk about not raising seaport in other states like lagos , other seaport in Niger delta are working but goods only go there , after they most have offload 90% in lagos ...

Theif-nu-bu will only enrich himself and his generation while you mofos will end up as his thugs ...

The things is , other tribes will continue to make money in lagos because we know how the game is played ( theif-nu-bu win or not , we will flex the state ) .

Hope you know there will be more toll-gate leading to your houses when he's crowned ( most of you might stay in mainland or other South West states but you will have your toll-gates in no time and then you will see where his money is going to )

Theif-nu-bu half kilo of rice is out , hope it get to you mofos in time , I only pity who won't receive any and suffer another 8 years ...

And ooh before I forget, you mofos are among the list that will be joining the army ,while Theif-nu-bu enrich himself ( werey eho stole money in broad day lights , I just wait and see how many bullion vans will enter his house this time around )

Re: Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship by Taiggarr: 3:23pm On Jul 02, 2022
mineo:
Sometimes I wonder if these other states have governors governing them. Before you know, they'll start blaming Bubu and Tinubu for their calamities.

This Lekki Deep Sea port is a PPP,so.to speak,with heavy funding and support from the FG .
Re: Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship by Troubleminer: 3:28pm On Jul 02, 2022
What then happens to Warri, Oñne and Calabar ports? Unemployment in those areas isn't it?
Re: Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship by christistruth01: 3:31pm On Jul 02, 2022
CalabarPikin:
Commendable

Reason they wouldn't want CRS's or any other state especially south-south/south west to have a deep sea port cuz of the fear of loosing business men from those areas......but then business moguls will always have their doings

Akwa Ibom is building Ibaka deep Sea Port we are even Praying for it's Success
The more the better for Nigeria besides Lagos Ports need Decongestion

We rejoice with everyones Progress
Imagine if another Commercial Centre could be built around Calabar or Port Harcourt it would be great for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship by Tycyborg(m): 3:38pm On Jul 02, 2022
Realist12:
The siting of the port, Lekki FTZ and Eko Atlantic is brilliant. Seems Apapa will only be handling importation while this port will deal with exportation. Dangote refinery will be able to export refined petroleum easily so also other companies sited there .
For Dangote to key into this tells you how much he believes the State government yet the social media youths without foresight keeps denigrating the achievements of Lagos shows the youths are not been realistic . If we are being honest with ourselves in Nigeria let's support Tinubu vote Tinubu for president. The Tinubu factor and legacies in Lagos alone is behind the progress of the state , if he can do this at the states level why not at the federal level. Investors believe in him more than any other candidates that will rather save or maintain status quo. I think it's time the youths rethink and choose proven and real developments rather than subjecting to social media trend.

With the way most Nigeria down talk the country shows Nigerians don't want this country to grow... And I notice something when Nigerians sees you that you are elevating to become big or successful they will start to hate you and throw all kind of shades at you... Some miscreant even said benin republic and ghana is better than Nigeria... I guess they haven't been there before or they just want to still downgrade the country even when they saw the truth... I have been to cameroon, ghana and benin republic and I can say it bodly they are not even close to Nigeria funny enough they look up to us in things we do but Nigerians don't appreciate what they got...
Politicians have their faults too infact a lot but most of the fault why this country is so bad is because of the citizens...
Who is the government? Are they not the people and the politician in their respective post are the extension of what a typical Nigerian is by default.
But people will still argue this...
They even said other ports are not working that they only focus on Lagos which is not true... Being to the delta port before and onne and I can tell you they are all fuctioning fine so I wonder where people get their stats from...

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship by Mrexcell(m): 3:49pm On Jul 02, 2022
Realist12:

The problem here is tinibu's age and health status nigerian youths find it extremely difficult to relate with him he should have supported osinbanjo or fayemi instead of coming out himself.
Re: Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship by Ykc2(m): 3:59pm On Jul 02, 2022
mineo:
zamfara or ekiti and ebonyi should also build their own wharf ,you be proper let me not say what is on my mind
Re: Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship by Khaysee: 4:14pm On Jul 02, 2022
So fast congratulations
Re: Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship by Realist12: 4:32pm On Jul 02, 2022
Danthemariner:

Nice write up?.. But it is not possible for one seaport to handle export and the other import...

When a vessel berth at a port it also takes back container for export... Now the opening of lekki port and other port across the country will lead to discongestion nd also provide thousands of direct nd indirect employment.

Thanks
I worked at the port for 5 years before quitting, yes you're right to some extent not all containers carry cargo back after off loading. But here you have it, the new industrial hub in Nigeria, we'd see how it goes .
Regarding other ports necessity powers innovation and Tinubu said it at the primaries that he's going to dredge the Calabar ports for exportation. Because he's foresighted and sees how the ports in other regions can be utilized.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Deep Sea Port Receives 13 Brand New Cranes On Board First Cargo Ship by aribisala0(m): 4:32pm On Jul 02, 2022
Taiggarr:

This Lekki Deep Sea port is a PPP,so.to speak,with heavy funding and support from the FG .
Heavy funding from the FG? Really ? How much?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

We Confirmed That Tinubu Forged Certificate Of A Black American – Atiku's Lawyer / Buhari Sympathizes With Niger Republic Over Terrorist Attack That Killed 70 / 419 Yahaya's Confluence Rice: Dino Melaye Exposes Yahaya Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.