Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,635 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption (37858 Views)

Edwin Clark - No Comment On Tinubu Until Tribunal’s Judgment / We Can't Flog Those Who Came To Abba Kyari's Burial - Garba Shehu / Defection: Akpabio’s Aides Resign, Say "We Can't Follow You" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by SeaTrade(m): 5:18pm On Jul 02, 2022
Af0nja:

Sounds progressive!!! But how do we migrate to a credit economy without further crashing the Naira??

Such sophisticated economy is perfect for us as a country if only we have proper circulation of money to all the different societal classes.(which can only work when the employment security is stable)

How long will it take you to pay 4 million naira when minimum wage is 30k??

For instance, we know that there's a huge difference between the rich and lower classes, will a credit economy succeed in a country that 80% of it's wealth is in the hands of 10% of the population.

Kudos to Jagaban though, that's true insight. We can't get that from Atiku.
For your first paragraph, we can do that by bringing in more working/productive Nigerians in the tax bracket and tax them effectively.This process curbs much of the naira that will be released to finance credit.Win win for everyone and a stabler naira.

There's no such thing as effective circulation of money,not even in first world countries.

No one will give you N4m credit on an income of N30k/month.Even in the US ,the volume of credit one can access depends on his/her income.

Yes,it is succeeding in the most capitalist country in the world(US) where 1% of the populace holds almost all of the nation's wealth.That's kind of how capitalism works.

Jagaban is smarter and more sophisticated than all of his fellow contestants, including that overhyped/arm chair economist Peter obi.

I hope I've helped to clarify your doubts,
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by EmekaBlue(m): 5:18pm On Jul 02, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:
Shame on wailers they said he's in France hospital
u mumu no too much. He is there really na abi u no dey planet earth.

The quote is not even him but the wale guy who posted it on his page as support to tinubu
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Teenaira: 5:19pm On Jul 02, 2022
Kennedyli:
Is this the best of Tinubu? Unfortunately he's saying gibberish even after all the editing.

How would someone earning 100k afford ro pay back a car loan of 3.5 million?

Even with a credit system. It will take 100% of his salary for over 2 years to pay for the car.

Which lender will agree to such a deal?

BTw Nigeria already has a credit system. Loan apps like Carbon and Branch use it.

The next president should focus on increasing local production to strengthen the naira.
So that car of 3.5 mil can go back to the 1.5 mil it was sold 7 years ago.

TINUBU HAS NOTHING TO OFFER.

You definitely do not understand what you are saying. Credit economy is the big difference between the developed economy and the under developed countries. If we can have a functional credit system, it will solve a lot of problems.
That your obi production economy is the dumbest thing anyone can ever say. Obi is only deceiving you. Tell me why are manufacturing companies running out of Nigeria. Anybody can produce anything but you must produce at least possible cost. Otherwise, you will not be competitive in the market. So the problem is getting the right environment to produce so that you have the best of efficiencies and not because people do not want to produce. So if production is profitable lots of people will go into production otherwise, even if government try to force people, they will still not go into production. That is a major pillar of free market economy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Johnezegie: 5:21pm On Jul 02, 2022
Canada work visa and visitor diplomatic visa available call/whatsapp us on

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by lendahand(m): 5:22pm On Jul 02, 2022
trutharena:
He claimed one of the reason for big corruption in the civil service is that the system is rigged against integrity because how do we expect a civil servant/Private workers earning like 100k to afford a house/car that is 8million by paying cash at once.

He said we can’t have a system that allow corruption while on the other hand have EFCC to curb the corruption.

He advised the best way to curb this is to set up mortgage system such that the people can pay in installment with FG working alongside the lenders to see that people can have access to such loans. With this, a civil servant don’t need to steal to afford cars and etc.

In Lagos, this is in practice with Lagos HOMS. The FG just need to back the banks with some security that can help them mitigate against defaulters that may arise.

To the Obituary people that invaded this thread, you’ve been asking for Tinubu stance on things like this, now he spoke brilliantly, you’re still bitter.

Whether you hit your head on stone or not, Tinubu will be your president in 2023.

Trust me, if Tinubu gets elected, he will build a long lasting mortgage structure in Nigeria that will outlive his government. This man understand how to build structure and he is a goal getter.
and he has been around since 99 without bringing it to the fore. Look at Lagos and accommodation wahala today. you must be among the 50m youths that will be recruited into the army bet me

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by 9gerian: 5:24pm On Jul 02, 2022
Deep!

Tinubu sure knows how to think outside of the box, treating root causes other than symptoms. This is because he has sophisticated experience across systems of various sectors of government and corporations. Hence, his in-depth, out of the box solutions. There is a reason the US capitalist system of government has proven to be one of the most efficient in the world.

As long as his sickness does not get him incapacitated, he is by far the most qualified for the job. Practical solutions he will likely proffer if he wins.

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2022/06/30/my-education-career-at-deloitte-mobil-others-tinubu/?amp=1

Now I understand why those foreign ambassadors are always visiting him. They know what stuff he is made of, and can only wonder why Tinubu, that they know his antecedents and stuff, is constantly under unrelenting attacks.

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Femi316: 5:26pm On Jul 02, 2022
Chairman corruption association of Nigeria... (CAN)
trutharena:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6tl00bCdr0

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Electorate: 5:27pm On Jul 02, 2022
One man brought a virus (Buhari) while having the anti-virus in his pocket....he has both the virus and the anti-virus in aboundance in his secret room, so after releasing the virus he now wants to cashout by selling his anti-virus to look like a hero.

I did not mention a name ooo, you probably know this person.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by PHOTSEE(m): 5:27pm On Jul 02, 2022
SeaTrade:
You don't know what you're talking about.
The bank pays innosson cash and give you the consumer credit.
You'll owe the bank that in turn owes the CBN and not innosson.
I hope I've cured a bit of your ignorance,
Cheers.

How do you now get the money you give to the bank? You have to be credited worthy first before you can access such infrastructure.
Are you paid per hourly , do you have choice of career , jobs with good pay, not when majority of the working class youth are contract staff.
Combining the nigeria factor into consideration of not paying back loans.

They have borrowed from china, now they want to sale you off by being indebted to them.

We dont need cars, because there is no good road to ply them. Which will lead to conjustion.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by naija4life247: 5:28pm On Jul 02, 2022
Iyasaburi:

The insult is on your father and mother!

Why cursing your parents? They deserve more than this nah for bringing such an unfortunate idiot into the world.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Af0nja: 5:31pm On Jul 02, 2022
SeaTrade:

For your first paragraph, we can do that by bringing in more working/productive Nigerians in the tax bracket and tax them effectively.This process curbs much of the naira that will be released to finance credit.Win win for everyone and a stabler naira.

There's no such thing as effective circulation of money,not even in first world countries.

No one will give you N4m credit on an income of N30k/month.Even in the US ,the volume of credit one can access depends on his/her income.

Yes,it is succeeding in the most capitalist country in the world(US) where 1% of the populace holds almost all of the nation's wealth.That's kind of how capitalism works.

Jagaban is smarter and more sophisticated than all of his fellow contestants, including that overhyped/arm chair economist Peter obi.

I hope I've helped to clarify your doubts,
Cheers.

Yes there's a way that ensures just circulation of money whereby a significant number of the citizens are lifted from poverty and above poverty index.

The 30k I used for 4m is just an instance. My point is, if you don't raise incomes to consolidate the reality of the domestic market/consumers, you'll end up having corruption as people will seek other means to sustain their life.

Because, credit is useless when the credit strength is weak.

The capitalist countries you're talking about have an economy that is more than 100 times that of Nigeria, how are you going to build an ant's house with an elephant model?

Jagaban is smarter than you, he read the words from a paper so it was obviously scripted. Peter Obi speaks from his own brain.

I hope I have added some truths to your clarification.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by aston406: 5:37pm On Jul 02, 2022
I swear his campaign team just asked him to say that, he does not know what it means if grilled properly,
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by owoshuyi(m): 5:39pm On Jul 02, 2022
Lol grin grin grin

Says someone that was giving delegates thousands of dollars to win his party's primary presidential election. You want deal with corruption for a complex country like Nigeria but you no start with yourself.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Progressiveby: 5:39pm On Jul 02, 2022
trutharena:
He claimed one of the reason for big corruption in the civil service is that the system is rigged against integrity because how do we expect a civil servant/Private workers earning like 100k to afford a house/car that is 8million by paying cash at once.

He said we can’t have a system that allow corruption while on the other hand have EFCC to curb the corruption.

He advised the best way to curb this is to set up mortgage system such that the people can pay in installment with FG working alongside the lenders to see that people can have access to such loans. With this, a civil servant don’t need to steal to afford cars and etc.

In Lagos, this is in practice with Lagos HOMS. The FG just need to back the banks with some security that can help them mitigate against defaulters that may arise.

To the Obituary people that invaded this thread, you’ve been asking for Tinubu stance on things like this, now he spoke brilliantly, you’re still bitter.

Whether you hit your head on stone or not, Tinubu will be your president in 2023.

Trust me, if Tinubu gets elected, he will build a long lasting mortgage structure in Nigeria that will outlive his government. This man understand how to build structure and he is a goal getter.

Why can't him go to Buhari and advice him to create such facility if truly he has the idea?
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by olas24u(f): 5:40pm On Jul 02, 2022
Vulturereloaded:
Good Morning Tinubu,

I guess you are just waking up.

U know all this and you didn't advice buhari? Left Nigerians to suffer for 8 years, because u want to be president?

We are not interested in your Bullionomics.

Follow road

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Hallabee1(m): 5:42pm On Jul 02, 2022
Aje

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by PHOTSEE(m): 5:42pm On Jul 02, 2022
And i hope this credit , he is talking about is not the type that was shared to market woman in lagos by Apc lead market poverty alleviation.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by crowther15(m): 5:42pm On Jul 02, 2022
chigoizie7:
No be person wey get job de get good credit system? Abi who wan give you good credit when you are jobless? First of all tackle the issue of unemployment then other things can follow. How can you tackle the issues of unemployment? First tackle insecurity, electricity issues, accessibility to good roads and then good policies for investors both local and foreign. Because all over the world, government doesn’t create jobs, they lay out the policies that will favour private businesses which creates jobs both directly and indirectly.

You never talk about solving those major problems and you are already jumping to the credit systems.

Na only people wey no know about credit system u go de tell those nonsense, because you must count 1 before you count 2.

No be only credit system. Out of over 200million Nigerians how many of them are gainfully employed? Does Nigeria even have job security?

If first bank employ you and all of a sudden they do their normal retrenchments, but oga don go rush use vehicle finance buy car, once you are out of job and can’t pay up, the financier will reposes their vehicle ooh, and you will loose out both the ones you have been paying and the car.
Peter Obi's approach is very simple. He want to tackle the root cause of all these problems which is Human capital development . If any leader can deal with this issue, then everything will fall in place. If you don't have the tools to grow, you won't grow. There is no shortcut to it.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by aviara: 5:43pm On Jul 02, 2022
In a country where workers are being owed salary. ondo state managed to pay workers salary of over 6 months ago. How will they be able to service mortgage.

In a country where minimum wage is 30k, how will a worker pay mortgage of 5m?

In a country with high unemployment rate, will a jobless person be allowed access to a mortgage credit system.

In a country with double digit inflation how such system survive.

Dull people will be quick to compare American system with Nigeria, forgetting that America no be Nigeria.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by boyfrank: 5:45pm On Jul 02, 2022
So this is the long awaited Tinubu masterpiece. Loans. Tufiakwa.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by aviara: 5:45pm On Jul 02, 2022
Tinubu has always shown that he is not interested in running a govt that favours the poor masses. His govt is only meant for the rich and elite.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Batallion23: 5:48pm On Jul 02, 2022
Another mumu spotted
derecho:
Tori...na now dey break?

Just tell us about Lekki tollgate.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Batallion23: 5:49pm On Jul 02, 2022
Coming from pandora rogue follower
Vulturereloaded:
Good Morning Tinubu,

I guess you are just waking up.

U know all this and you didn't advice buhari? Left Nigerians to suffer for 8 years, because u want to be president?

We are not interested in your Bullionomics.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Lovelive: 5:50pm On Jul 02, 2022
Evil party people, propagandists !

Time will tell.

I remain Obidient.

BeardGangJnr1:
Tinubu is the answer.
To all obi fans, that's a fact and Facts don't care about your feelings...!!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Ugoww01(m): 5:52pm On Jul 02, 2022
Empty promises
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:52pm On Jul 02, 2022
And you did not tell this to Buhari.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Batallion23: 5:52pm On Jul 02, 2022
You think he his as dumb as you?
aston406:
I swear his campaign team just asked him to say that, he does not know what it means if grilled properly,
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Donsheddy: 5:55pm On Jul 02, 2022
Teenaira:

You definitely do not understand what you are saying. Credit economy is the big difference between the developed economy and the under developed countries. If we can have a functional credit system, it will solve a lot of problems.
That your obi production economy is the dumbest thing anyone can ever say. Obi is only deceiving you. Tell me why are manufacturing companies running out of Nigeria. Anybody can produce anything but you must produce at least possible cost. Otherwise, you will not be competitive in the market. So the problem is getting the right environment to produce so that you have the best of efficiencies and not because people do not want to produce. So if production is profitable lots of people will go into production otherwise, even if government try to force people, they will still not go into production. That is a major pillar of free market economy.

So how do you reduce the cost of production, and how do you get the right environment....
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by SeaTrade(m): 5:56pm On Jul 02, 2022
Af0nja:

Yes there's a way that ensures just circulation of money whereby a significant number of the citizens are lifted from poverty and above poverty index.

The 30k I used for 4m is just an instance. My point is, if you don't raise incomes to consolidate the reality of the domestic market/consumers, you'll end up having corruption as people will seek other means to sustain their life.

Because, credit is useless when the credit strength is weak.

The capitalist countries you're talking about have an economy that is more than 100 times that of Nigeria, how are you going to build an ant's house with an elephant model?

Jagaban is smarter than you, he read the words from a paper so it was obviously scripted. Peter Obi speaks from his own brain.

I hope I have added some truths to your clarification.
There's no other way that ensures the circulation of money to lift anyone from poverty asides value!No other way.What?you want to start handing out free naira to people to bridge poverty gap? grin
Look,cheap accessible credit means lots of people and businesses can/will now want credit to increase capacity/profitability,this process creates more demand for labor/services and its ripple effects and this is how people get lifted from poverty.

That was a terrible instance,never make poor examples so you don't come across as ignorant.
It's not government's place to raise income oga,leave that to private enterprises. When you've attracted the creation of enough of them in your country,they'll compete amongst themselves to get the best man for the job in their enterprises, one of the ways they do this is by offering bigger pay for labor.That's how income bracket of a nation increases.
Government can only set minimum wage.

This makes no sense,the consumer determines his/her credit strength by his/her earning potential.
If you want more credit strength, earn more money legally!
Proceeds of corruption aren't kept in commercial banks ,neither do banks use them for credit eligibility.
What they look at is cashflow and not volume of deposit.

The capitalist countries didn't just acquire a hundred times Nigeria's economic strength in one day.It was processes like these that led them to where they are today.Nigeria can do same by emulating the same methods.

Of course jagaban is smarter than I am,there's no disputing that. Even if it was scripted by someone else,it means he has smart thinking people as his entourage and that's good enough.
Peter Obi speaks a lot of dumb economics from his brain which makes little to no economic sense to the trained eye,
I rather one who speaks correct from a script than another that spits a lot of garbage from his brain.
He wants to make Nigeria an economic powerhouse,yet he saved N75B in a volatile currency,in a state with one of Nigeria's poorest citizens whose biggest prospect of its citizenry is nwaboy and yet sees it as bragging rights /him being an economic wizkid tells me all I need to know about how empty he actually is,
Ask him for a step by step guide on how he intends to make Nigeria an export nation like he's been saying and watch him go blank.
I chose track record over sweet talks,no offense.
Tinubu has told you how he intends to achieve economic progress for Nigeria.

I am not campaigning for anyone or make you see reasons to vote tinubu,I just have a penchant for identifying quality when I see it.
Cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by pacespot(m): 5:57pm On Jul 02, 2022
Kennedyli:
Is this the best of Tinubu? Unfortunately he's saying gibberish even after all the editing.

How would someone earning 100k afford ro pay back a car loan of 3.5 million?

Even with a credit system. It will take 100% of his salary for over 2 years to pay for the car.

Which lender will agree to such a deal?

BTw Nigeria already has a credit system. Loan apps like Carbon and Branch use it.

The next president should focus on increasing local production to strengthen the naira.
So that car of 3.5 mil can go back to the 1.5 mil it was sold 7 years ago.

TINUBU HAS NOTHING TO OFFER.

Òbí already said this that the solution is to change from the "sharing formula of today to production formula".
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Jaytu90(m): 6:03pm On Jul 02, 2022
Oga where is the job?
You're talking about earning 100k �

trutharena:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6tl00bCdr0

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Ministerial List: Why Tinubu Delayed Kano Lagos, 9 Other States / Nigerian Navy's New Vessel And Crew Arrive Malaysia In Style. See Photos / Why Saraki, Tinubu, Atiku Met In Aso Rock Without Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.