Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption (37882 Views)

Edwin Clark - No Comment On Tinubu Until Tribunal’s Judgment / We Can't Flog Those Who Came To Abba Kyari's Burial - Garba Shehu / Defection: Akpabio’s Aides Resign, Say "We Can't Follow You" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by PHOTSEE(m): 6:26pm On Jul 02, 2022
SeaTrade:
Leave who can access credit for the bank to decide,they have trained,paid experts whose only job is to identify who is credit worthy for what volume of credit and who isn't.
All the government can do in this case is to reduce lending rate by reducing MPR and the CBN giving banks more credit to disburse,and then in turn look for other ways to checkmate the inflation this will cause and keep it at the barest minimum.
I would have explained more but I no get strength to type abeg.

And who told you that this current administration of buhari never implimented your so called credit polices rolling but what was the outcome?
What do you thing lead to the private loaning company holding sway in Nigeria if not for the fisical policy of buhari ,where your so call government and cbn failed.

You talk of inflation and you want free money in circulation. How is this possible, no production , no manufacturing industries , no sources of employment, inshort productivity.

I know your have had about money flight by great investors.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Morphinne: 6:27pm On Jul 02, 2022
trutharena:
He claimed one of the reason for big corruption in the civil service is that the system is rigged against integrity because how do we expect a civil servant/Private workers earning like 100k to afford a house/car that is 8million by paying cash at once.

He said we can’t have a system that allow corruption while on the other hand have EFCC to curb the corruption.

He advised the best way to curb this is to set up mortgage system such that the people can pay in installment with FG working alongside the lenders to see that people can have access to such loans. With this, a civil servant don’t need to steal to afford cars and etc.

In Lagos, this is in practice with Lagos HOMS. The FG just need to back the banks with some security that can help them mitigate against defaulters that may arise.

To the Obituary people that invaded this thread, you’ve been asking for Tinubu stance on things like this, now he spoke brilliantly, you’re still bitter.

Whether you hit your head on stone or not, Tinubu will be your president in 2023.

Trust me, if Tinubu gets elected, he will build a long lasting mortgage structure in Nigeria that will outlive his government. This man understand how to build structure and he is a goal getter.
In fact, I’m more than impressed. This is a leader with vision. From this sound speech, one could deduce that he sure knows his onions as far as politics is concerned. We need leaders who don’t just spit out manifestos written by others but leaders who understand what they’re saying. This man sounds intelligent and I’m not surprised, Lagos state is a testament to that fact. We were just too gullible as of 2015 to believe that a man who made lives and living really miserable during his regime in the 80’s would magically turn things around in 2015

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Saintinoo(m): 6:27pm On Jul 02, 2022
RedChiefPriest:
Normal normal we need this.
The whites are not rich but stuffs like this are in place.
We need a government that can do this and make life easier for the people but when the government will come that's the problem.

Dj! Bring me 1 jar of palmwine and add 2 satchel of salt
Barman play me "Government na scam" by Martin Luther King and tiwa savage.

Will you give credit loan to unemployed youths?

This is not the priority now.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Charly68: 6:27pm On Jul 02, 2022
You talk am sir.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by wirinet(m): 6:28pm On Jul 02, 2022
Saintinoo:

If you think that car loans is what Nigeria youths need right now, then you are not serious. Car loans are the least of what Nigeria needs right now, I don't know when last you entered the nearby market in your locality.

Nigeria needs more than a car loan policy.

That's why I am disappointed at Tinubu who claims to be an economist, an accountant and a businessman. He is still talking about consumption instead of production. If a civil servant takes a loan to buy a foreign car (Tokunbo for that matter), which economy will it benefit? Our importation bill will continue to rise and our naira will continue to fall.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by dejavubobo1(m): 6:29pm On Jul 02, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

grin grin

Seems you've lived out Nigeria before especially US, one many live his entire adulthood live paying loans
Its like that in all capitalist society. Everything is set to make the rich investors richer. Ppl won't understand this things until it hits them. Na who go, know
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by VanuatuWycombe: 6:30pm On Jul 02, 2022
jimetagambo:
Emm....
Hmmm. How did Ghana reduce corruption without having a good credit system.

Ghana didn’t reduce nada. The credit system this bro is talking about is going to be among last packs of antidotes that Nigeria needs. Only that the first 30 sets of antidotes against corruption and poverty CAN NEVER be administered successfully in Nigeria again.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Basher8583: 6:31pm On Jul 02, 2022
Kennedyli:
Is this the best of Tinubu? Unfortunately he's saying gibberish even after all the editing.

How would someone earning 100k afford ro pay back a car loan of 3.5 million?

Even with a credit system. It will take 100% of his salary for over 2 years to pay for the car.

Which lender will agree to such a deal?

BTw Nigeria already has a credit system. Loan apps like Carbon and Branch use it.

The next president should focus on increasing local production to strengthen the naira.
So that car of 3.5 mil can go back to the 1.5 mil it was sold 7 years ago.

TINUBU HAS NOTHING TO OFFER.

And u have nothing to say as brain no dey your head.

If you think I'm insilting you that brain no dey ya head you go online since you can't travel to compare the cost of things. Use your "then and now" methodology. Tell me what's different from what the situation is in Naija. Its even worse over there.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Kennedyli: 6:31pm On Jul 02, 2022
kayperry:

What you don't is surely bigger than you, loans/mortgage could be short or longer term while mortgages are mostly longer term.
A loan could last for as long as 15yrs while mortgages could span 30yrs depends on whats suitable for the loanee relative to personal income. Google is your friend educate yourself

I don't like responding to you guys because all of you are dumb. You are comparing mortgages in the U.S where the dollar is stable to a naira that will can be 2k/dollar in 10 years time.

Which lender will give out a fixed loan rate with the naira so unstable.

How do people pay for these loans when their income isn't increasing.

If you are sincere. You'll know what Tinubu said is bull shit. You need to stabilise the economy before talking about a credit bureau.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Af0nja: 6:31pm On Jul 02, 2022
SeaTrade:
If it has the highest number of millionaires per unit area like you claim,why is there no middle class in Nnewi and most of its youths carrying barrows up and down in those dirty markets hauling goods for N100? undecided
I am not interested in "ime-ahia" facts please.
For a place that claims to have the highest millionaires per unit area in Africa,I mean the middle class there should be booming ,but its not so apparently.
All people can afford to rent there are 15k/month old,poorly constructed, dilapidating ,storey buildings that their landlords have dashed them over their inability to pay rents,plus they combine like 20 of the so called millionaires inside one 3 bedroom flat.
I'll suggest you pass because you're stressing me for real with your unrealistic claims, analogies and inferences.

Lol I'll pass again. Your debate is based on hate and frustration.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Iyasaburi: 6:33pm On Jul 02, 2022
naija4life247:

Why cursing your parents? They deserve more than this nah for bringing such an unfortunate idiot into the world.

The insult is on your father and mother!
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by kole22k(m): 6:33pm On Jul 02, 2022
Vulturereloaded:
Good Morning Tinubu,

I guess you are just waking up.

U know all this and you didn't advice buhari? Left Nigerians to suffer for 8 years, because u want to be president?

We are not interested in your Bullionomics.

Wether you like it or not TINUBU is your president come 2023.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by darediamond(m): 6:35pm On Jul 02, 2022
trutharena:
He claimed one of the reason for big corruption in the civil service is that the system is rigged against integrity because how do we expect a civil servant/Private workers earning like 100k to afford a house/car that is 8million by paying cash at once.

He said we can’t have a system that allow corruption while on the other hand have EFCC to curb the corruption.

He advised the best way to curb this is to set up mortgage system such that the people can pay in installment with FG working alongside the lenders to see that people can have access to such loans. With this, a civil servant don’t need to steal to afford cars and etc.

In Lagos, this is in practice with Lagos HOMS. The FG just need to back the banks with some security that can help them mitigate against defaulters that may arise.

To the Obituary people that invaded this thread, you’ve been asking for Tinubu stance on things like this, now he spoke brilliantly, you’re still bitter.

Whether you hit your head on stone or not, Tinubu will be your president in 2023.

Trust me, if Tinubu gets elected, he will build a long lasting mortgage structure in Nigeria that will outlive his government. This man understand how to build structure and he is a goal getter.
Do we even need Mortgage In A Country Blessed Immensely With Series Of Natural Resources If All The NECESSARY BASIC AMENITIES ARE ALL INSTALLED AND OR PROVIDED THE WAY IT SUPPOSE TO BE?

IS TINUBU'S ACN PEOPLE AND PEOPLE FROM ANPP etc, NOT PART OF THE PEOPLE THAT KICKED AGAINST G. E. J ERA EXCESS CRUDE OIL PROFIT SAVINGS WHICH IS MEANT TO TURBO BOOST OUR DOLLAR SAVINGS?

There is no need of painting a Demon as An Angel, the reflection will always be RIGID.

#END_Tinubu_Now

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Lashist(m): 6:35pm On Jul 02, 2022
trutharena:

Ode said trust me cheesy cheesy who are you?? You be tinubu P.A?? oboy you are irrelevant...tinubu doesnt know your kindred...stop saying trust you asif you have direct relationship with tinubu...you are nobody but another troll
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by lagosrd: 6:36pm On Jul 02, 2022
Bullion vans don't carry money to private homes where credit system works. Corruption cannot tech us how to stay uncorrupt
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by lomprico(m): 6:38pm On Jul 02, 2022
And you bribed your way to emerge APC flag bearer. Lol
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by soojar(m): 6:38pm On Jul 02, 2022
MartinsD12:

For people who don't understand what tinubu means, he is saying if your salary is not a enough for you to buy a car you should go and borrow a loan , this exactly what governance means to tinubu, same thing buhari is borrowing Is what this man plan to do but he won't succeed, tinubu will never be president in Nigeria.

Yeah, go and borrow and live a good life don't steal. That's the message.

The America most Nigerians are running to today is basically on mortgage. Every middle class citizen you see there is on one mortgage or the other. The houses you see people living in is on mortgage and many people would not even finish paying it in their life time, but they would have ended up living a good life that most of you are envious of, and running down there to.

We learn everyday
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Kaymaxine(m): 6:39pm On Jul 02, 2022
Why didn't he tell buhari that in 2015?
Then he had another chance in 2019!!!
Shame on him
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Peaceful123(m): 6:39pm On Jul 02, 2022
trutharena:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6tl00bCdr0

This is what they call issue base campaign.

It is beyond ‘I will do this and I will do that’

He just explained how he will get it done.

Ride on

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by TinubuNG: 6:40pm On Jul 02, 2022
Kennedyli:
Is this the best of Tinubu? Unfortunately he's saying gibberish even after all the editing.

How would someone earning 100k afford ro pay back a car loan of 3.5 million?

Even with a credit system. It will take 100% of his salary for over 2 years to pay for the car.

Which lender will agree to such a deal?

BTw Nigeria already has a credit system. Loan apps like Carbon and Branch use it.

The next president should focus on increasing local production to strengthen the naira.
So that car of 3.5 mil can go back to the 1.5 mil it was sold 7 years ago.

TINUBU HAS NOTHING TO OFFER.
Mumu people will always wail!

You are earning 100k monthly with mortgage you can buy car is what he said , we can't see where he ask you to get 3.5m car .

As it is in Nigeria today, with 1.8m ,you will get a very nic toyota corolla. He didn't say you fool will get benz .

Pandora fans are just too stupid ajeh grin

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by cuteralph101(m): 6:43pm On Jul 02, 2022
trutharena:

for someone who still takes pensions? Lols he was sold that crap �. For still him who said soldiers will be fed agbado? For someone who said students from primary 1 to primary how many sef will eat a egg. Lols. A thief cannot cure corruption. He will encourage it by putting his cronies in government and they will steal knowing they are boys to jagaban. Imagine the ministers he will choose. Fashola COS, Amaechi Minister of Transport, Fayemi Minister, Seyi Tinubu Governor 2027, lols how una dey think abeg
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by SeaTrade(m): 6:43pm On Jul 02, 2022
Af0nja:

Lol I'll pass again. Your debate is based on hate and frustration.
grin
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Harrynight(m): 6:44pm On Jul 02, 2022
trutharena:

Thats what you think and not who jagaban will think if take over the office at asorock.

The spirit in asorock will destroy any good intention!

Save this comment!
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by PHOTSEE(m): 6:48pm On Jul 02, 2022
soojar:

Yeah, go and borrow and live a good life don't steal. That's the message.

The America most Nigerians are running to today is basically on mortgage. Every middle class citizen you see there is on one mortgage or the other. The houses you see people living in is on mortgage and many people would not even finish paying it in their life time, but they would have ended up living a good life that most of you are envious of, and running down there to.

PLease ,we don't want to live a mortgaged life? They have mortgaged us enough
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by kechywillz(m): 6:51pm On Jul 02, 2022
Tell your candidate to make this bold statement by coming to any TV station of choice ,a debate with atiku ,peter obi and tinubu is all we want. If he is jagaban and fears nothing,he should come to the dancefloor and show us how he dances
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by soojar(m): 6:55pm On Jul 02, 2022
Golan007:

Innosons would sell more cara when credit system exist.

The distributors would only request more cars based on demand and projections .

Come on now, you go school.

Some people that talk here apart from the fact that they just want to support their candidates at all cost and want to see what the other candidates say as rubbish, many of them don't actually understand simple economics, i.e multiplier effect.

They don't know the first industry that will experience an upward surge if credit and mortgage facilities are in place is the insurance industry that has so far gone comatose in Nigeria. Followed by sharp increase in SMEs, banking sector, Automobiles, housing, in fact everything.

The America they are all running today is a credit society. More than 80% of Americans who own homes have them on mortgage and even many of them cannot finish paying the mortgage in their life time but that would not stop them from living a good life. Civil servants, business owners, even students.

The best thing is to leave such people to keep wallowing in their ignorance. The question they should have asked is how is Tinubu going to achieve or implement this with the distraction of insecurity still out there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by dosale684: 6:56pm On Jul 02, 2022
Hdhd

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by phemray(m): 6:58pm On Jul 02, 2022
Saintinoo:

Honestly Tinubu has nothing to offer, how many youths in Nigeria earn up to 100k, I thought he will talk about a model of creating jobs, empowering SMEs, investing in the power sector to encourage manufacturers, but he is talking about car loans.

No be person weh see food chop dey buy car?

sir, get the man clear, its a policy to fight or discourage corruption and he only use 100k as example. for me i think it may work because main reasons for corruption, kidnapping, yahoo, drugs etc is not because of daily food, it is simply to get quick money to buy houses, cars, Lands etc just to show off. Note that EFCC have not recovered food items from homes of people arrested for fraud or financial corruption but houses, cars, jweries and youths are following their footsteps. well God help us
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by PHOTSEE(m): 7:00pm On Jul 02, 2022
From the same man who said "untill Jonathan is removed from seat, we can't concur corruption,

now is "untill we have a good credit we can't concur corruption."

Please ask him , who his he referring as we?
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Saintinoo(m): 7:02pm On Jul 02, 2022
wirinet:

That's why I am disappointed at Tinubu who claims to be an economist, an accountant and a businessman. He is still talking about consumption instead of production. If a civil servant takes a loan to buy a foreign car (Tokunbo for that matter), which economy will it benefit? Our importation bill will continue to rise and our naira will continue to fall.

Tinubu is not an economist, he studied business administration. though they said he worked as an accountant.

What Nigeria needs right now is investment in the power and mining sector in order to help the manufacturers. The a massive investment in education and SMEs. Then we can start talking about car loans, who will collect the car loans? is it the millions of unemployed youths he wants to give car loan?

That was how Buhari started sharing 30k and 10k in the name of social investment. These people are not serious at all. As a graduate of Economics I feel sorry for this country anytime I see politicians bringing useless policies.

The problem is that Nigeria politicians who think they know the economy well, ignorantly use political economy policies.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Franking: 7:02pm On Jul 02, 2022
Says Mr Corruption himself. The Lion of Bullion Van.

Yekini Amoda Ogunlere.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by soojar(m): 7:03pm On Jul 02, 2022
PHOTSEE:

PLease ,we don't want to live a mortgaged life? They have mortgaged us enough

Then we should be contented with the life we are living presently and stop envying and running to USA, Canada etc in search of a "better" life because that so called better life is what you call a 'mortgaged' life

We learn everyday

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

How Buhari Was Arrested In London By Interpol Over Crimes Against Humanity / Photo Of Buhari, Obasanjo, Tinubu, Osinbajo, El Rufai With Cute Faces / Jonathan: El-Rufai Lied That Oritsejafor And I Are Boko Haram Sponsors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.