Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,571 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

Peter Obi: The Man Who Listens To Advice From A Mad Man - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: The Man Who Listens To Advice From A Mad Man (1746 Views)

Bayo Onanuga: Tinubu Listens, Will Ensure Nigerians Don’t Suffer / Buhari: I Hope God Listens To Our Prayers On Insecurity / Little Ben Bruce Listens To Radio Commentary On Nigeria Civil War (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi: The Man Who Listens To Advice From A Mad Man by Gbadamosi01(m): 4:15pm On Jul 02, 2022
PETER OBI: THE MAN WHO LISTENS TO ADVICE FROM A MAD MAN

The race for the 2023 general election gets more interesting with the unexpected rise in the political relevance, clout and followers of former governor, Peter Obi. It now appears that there are 3 major contenders for the presidency.

Peter Obi has a decent antecedent and political history as a former governor. He seems to be the favourite of many Nigerian youth on social media. Popular Nigerian celebrities have also identified with the OBIdient movement.

Critics have always argued that Peter Obi reels out unverified statistics in order to remain politically correct. They have also found a way to criticize him on his recent story about a mad man he met at Onitsha.

In a viral video, Peter Obi, during a visit to the physically challenged, narrated a story. Read his speech below;

"Although I wasn't invited, I just went on my own (to visit the physically challenged). Then, I told them; ' You're not disabled. You're only physically challenged. We're the same thing. We'll show you love and we'll not show you hatred."

"I told them that the best thing I did in Anambra State, the best advice I got to stop crime in a place called Upper Iweka, was gotten from a mad man. It was a mad man who sleeps there. When I was a governor, he came to greet me and everyone pushed him away"

"I objected and I went to hug him. While hugging him, he asked me a question; 'Are you looking for this?' I replied in the affirmative. He told me exactly what to do. I did that and that was the end (of insecurity in the place)

"Although I live in Onitsha, till today, whenever I come around, I hug him and he tells me what's happening in Onitsha. Yet, he's a mad man. Nobody wants to be mad."

"Therefore as a leader, you lead those who are good. Nobody is poor and we're all children of God. Whatever we have here is blessings of God. Do not belittle anybody."

His supporters have used this to portray him as a man who's kind, benevolent and understanding. A man who has regards for everyone, including the physically challenged. A man who has listening ears.

The reverse is the case with his critics.  There are claims that Upper Iweka, the area where Peter Obi claimed to have restored peace, remained a troubled and terrible place to live during his tenure. It was said that Charles Soludo (the new governor) was the one who maintained decorum in the area.

Read more �
https://ofofoentertainment.com/peter-obi-the-man-who-listens-to-advice-fro/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Man Who Listens To Advice From A Mad Man by PresidObi: 4:18pm On Jul 02, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: The Man Who Listens To Advice From A Mad Man by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 02, 2022
Mad like Dino

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Man Who Listens To Advice From A Mad Man by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 02, 2022
And sometimes mad people do say things that will come to pass
Re: Peter Obi: The Man Who Listens To Advice From A Mad Man by Moh247: 4:22pm On Jul 02, 2022
What do you expect from a third class Governor without visible projects

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Man Who Listens To Advice From A Mad Man by Moh247: 4:24pm On Jul 02, 2022
darling2222:

Yes sometimes a mad man says the right thing that's 0.01% time sometimes, 99.9999 % a mad man says gibrish

So only a lunatic Governor makes decisions based on what someone without a functional mind advises him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Man Who Listens To Advice From A Mad Man by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 02, 2022
Everyone matters. What a country where sages and wise counsel are trivialized. I recall, Remember the Ide of March! Obi is an ordained president. Those who don't like God's decision should meet Him in heaven to ask Him why.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: The Man Who Listens To Advice From A Mad Man by christejames(m): 4:30pm On Jul 02, 2022
Madness varies and it comes with grade...

Some are just traumatized, some suffering from schizophrenia, some bipolar disorder, some azheimar disease and whatnot...

It's only in Nigeria that they allow people with mental disorders parambulate the whole town without care thereby degenerating the disorder.

This message shows that PO is open to all, no sectional government. kiss
Re: Peter Obi: The Man Who Listens To Advice From A Mad Man by lastcall: 4:33pm On Jul 02, 2022
Yes. The look where sane advisers have led us to. Use ya brain abeg
Re: Peter Obi: The Man Who Listens To Advice From A Mad Man by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 02, 2022
darling2222:

Why don't you go and listen to advice from a mad man on how to run your home

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Man Who Listens To Advice From A Mad Man by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 02, 2022
Moh247:

Yes sometimes a mad man says the right thing that's 0.01% time sometimes, 99.9999 % a mad man says gibrish

So only a lunatic Governor makes decisions based on what someone without a functional mind advises him

And when someone don't mean alot to you,you wont bother disturbing yourself.But because you know what he is capable of doing thats why it keep bothering you
Re: Peter Obi: The Man Who Listens To Advice From A Mad Man by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 02, 2022
christejames:
Madness varies and it comes with grade...

Some are just traumatized, some suffering from schizophrenia, some bipolar disorder, some azheimar disease and whatnot...

It's only in Nigeria that they allow people with mental disorders parambulate the whole town without care thereby degenerating the disorder.

This message shows that PO is open to all, no sectional government. kiss

So PO still allowed the man man to roam about instead of saving the mad man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Man Who Listens To Advice From A Mad Man by kelechi50: 4:36pm On Jul 02, 2022
Peter Obi of Labour Party is simply the best candidate and the man Nigeria needs desperately come 2023 presidential election. He outlined the issues that has bedevilled the country over the years proffering solutions to change the narrative once and for all. Peter Obi said:
1. I can’t sleep because I know what to do! I have gone round the 36 States of the country like I have gone round 31 countries of the world, I know the problems of Nigeria and I know I can fix them easily! Because I can see them, I can fix them!
2. Hunger takes people to the streets! Job and food will obviously take them out of crimes! That’s my specialty, creating jobs and wealth!
3. I have not come out for myself! I have come out for the millions of youths that are losing hope in our beloved country!
I have come out for the millions of women who are afraid of tomorrow and what it holds for them and their children! I have come out for the poor who are asking weather it’s a sin to be a Nigerian! For them, I have come!
4. For people who are asking if Peter Obi has ‘structure’, what structure is bigger and stronger than the collective will of the masses on whose necks the knees of the politicians have been? What structure is greater than the determination of a people who have at last decided to take back their country, their only country?
5. The battle for the rescue of the soul of Nigeria has just begun and we must all be contributive and participative in it.
6. Yes, we may not have the money to share because we didn’t steal any.We have not come to enslave but to serve.
7. Have you imagined somebody giving you money to help you? Bribing you to go and serve you? It’s wisdom to go for a permanent solution than a temporary remedy!
8. This battle is to help Nigerian youths, Market women, struggling families, students, teachers, famers, old and poor, whose helpless looking faces I see everywhere I go. It’s for these people that l, Peter Obi, have come! However, like a drowning man, they must bring out their hands to be saved!
9. In this battle, if you can’t fly, run! If you can’t run, walk! If you can’t walk, crawl! If you can’t crawl, roll! If you can’t roll, shout! By all means we must be on the move and we must be heard!
10. These people are more than 50 million of the Nigerian voting adults. They have the power. Their destiny is in their hands so they can change it. If they will it, they will win it!
11. Remember, the man with energy will always be at the mercy of the man with strategy based on synergy. With God on our side, we shall not fail and we shall not fall! May God help us!
God bless Nigeria!
12. I will rather lose doing the right thing than win doing the wrong thing.
13. Nigeria must move beyond oil; we must move from Consumption to Production nation.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: The Man Who Listens To Advice From A Mad Man by Moh247: 4:36pm On Jul 02, 2022
darling2222:

And when someone don't mean alot to you,you wont bother disturbing yourself.But because you know what he is capable of doing thats why it keep bothering you

We must scrutinize every aspirants that aspire to govern Nigeria including Sowore of AAC. So mad man never smell Aso rock

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Man Who Listens To Advice From A Mad Man by ImmaculateJOE(m): 4:37pm On Jul 02, 2022
Upper Iweka Menace stopped during Obi's time..
His government reduced the highway-robbery to the barest minimum.. I'm a witness.
Re: Peter Obi: The Man Who Listens To Advice From A Mad Man by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 02, 2022
See APC of Tinubu and Nigeria. You na advise yourself, na devil know your source.
Re: Peter Obi: The Man Who Listens To Advice From A Mad Man by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 02, 2022
Moh247:

We must scrutinize every aspirants that aspire to govern Nigeria including Sowore of AAC. So mad man never smell Aso rock

To you
Re: Peter Obi: The Man Who Listens To Advice From A Mad Man by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 02, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

Why don't you go and listen to advice from a mad man on how to run your home
Re: Peter Obi: The Man Who Listens To Advice From A Mad Man by r4bbit: 4:45pm On Jul 02, 2022
Sometimes "There is sense in nonsense"
however doing what a madman says is not in anyway a sign of good Leadership.

perhaps maybe he considered what the man had said and found a better solution.
Re: Peter Obi: The Man Who Listens To Advice From A Mad Man by aylagos(m): 4:46pm On Jul 02, 2022
PresidObi:
lol

Re: Peter Obi: The Man Who Listens To Advice From A Mad Man by trutharena: 4:47pm On Jul 02, 2022
That’s why most of his supporters exhibit that mad man kind of intellect.

Obi Pandora always consult mad people before reaching a decision.

Weray man say he hug mad man and na him dey give him advise on how to curb insecurity.

He can’t just go one day without lying.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Man Who Listens To Advice From A Mad Man by PresidObi: 4:48pm On Jul 02, 2022
aylagos:
lol

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: The Man Who Listens To Advice From A Mad Man by Afamed: 4:53pm On Jul 02, 2022
This Pandora fraud ehhhh

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Man Who Listens To Advice From A Mad Man by Afamed: 4:54pm On Jul 02, 2022
No wonder his followers are exhibiting the trait of mad people all over the social media

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Man Who Listens To Advice From A Mad Man by Afamed: 4:56pm On Jul 02, 2022
Nigerian does not need someone who will rely on mad man for advise.

20 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: The Man Who Listens To Advice From A Mad Man by Goodday90(m): 4:58pm On Jul 02, 2022
My dad used to tell us of how they were traveling one certain time and the mechanic who have changed their brake pad the previous day didn’t Screw the wheel nut,he just placed then and didn’t screw then on
Then they got to one village and the tire rolled into the bushes and when they finally retrieved the tire,they were now looking for where to buy nut to screw,meanwhile a mad man had been there watching them flag down cars without success
The mad man then said,why don’t you remove one nut from each of the remaining three tyres and use it for the last tyre until you people reach town to buy the remaining ones,later una go say na me dey mad,they tried giving him money but he refused

So friends and family,mentally challenged are not animals,they are human being though with challenges,I don’t see how Obi’s is bad

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: The Man Who Listens To Advice From A Mad Man by haffaze777(m): 5:00pm On Jul 02, 2022
President of mad people,by the mad people and for the mad people.Thank God me and my south west goons are not mad though we have view mad people among us who °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

23 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: The Man Who Listens To Advice From A Mad Man by Amumaigwe: 5:06pm On Jul 02, 2022
darling2222:

Some mad men are even smarter than senile Tinubu, a man with urine and faeces incontinence yet wants to preside over our destinies instead of retiring to take care of his health.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: The Man Who Listens To Advice From A Mad Man by Amumaigwe: 5:08pm On Jul 02, 2022
kelechi50:
Peter Obi of Labour Party is simply the best candidate and the man Nigeria needs desperately come 2023 presidential election. He outlined the issues that has bedevilled the country over the years proffering solutions to change the narrative once and for all. Peter Obi said:
1. I can’t sleep because I know what to do! I have gone round the 36 States of the country like I have gone round 31 countries of the world, I know the problems of Nigeria and I know I can fix them easily! Because I can see them, I can fix them!
2. Hunger takes people to the streets! Job and food will obviously take them out of crimes! That’s my specialty, creating jobs and wealth!
3. I have not come out for myself! I have come out for the millions of youths that are losing hope in our beloved country!
I have come out for the millions of women who are afraid of tomorrow and what it holds for them and their children! I have come out for the poor who are asking weather it’s a sin to be a Nigerian! For them, I have come!
4. For people who are asking if Peter Obi has ‘structure’, what structure is bigger and stronger than the collective will of the masses on whose necks the knees of the politicians have been? What structure is greater than the determination of a people who have at last decided to take back their country, their only country?
5. The battle for the rescue of the soul of Nigeria has just begun and we must all be contributive and participative in it.
6. Yes, we may not have the money to share because we didn’t steal any.We have not come to enslave but to serve.
7. Have you imagined somebody giving you money to help you? Bribing you to go and serve you? It’s wisdom to go for a permanent solution than a temporary remedy!
8. This battle is to help Nigerian youths, Market women, struggling families, students, teachers, famers, old and poor, whose helpless looking faces I see everywhere I go. It’s for these people that l, Peter Obi, have come! However, like a drowning man, they must bring out their hands to be saved!
9. In this battle, if you can’t fly, run! If you can’t run, walk! If you can’t walk, crawl! If you can’t crawl, roll! If you can’t roll, shout! By all means we must be on the move and we must be heard!
10. These people are more than 50 million of the Nigerian voting adults. They have the power. Their destiny is in their hands so they can change it. If they will it, they will win it!
11. Remember, the man with energy will always be at the mercy of the man with strategy based on synergy. With God on our side, we shall not fail and we shall not fall! May God help us!
God bless Nigeria!
12. I will rather lose doing the right thing than win doing the wrong thing.
13. Nigeria must move beyond oil; we must move from Consumption to Production nation.
The difference is clear

See what Tinubu collects from Lagos State government since leaving office in 2007 by the law passed by him as governor:

1. 300% annual salary as severance package as approved by RMAFAC.
2. 100% of annual basic salary of incumbent gov as salary for LIFE even after leaving office.
3. Six new cars every 3 years
4. A new house in Lagos, minimum 5 bedroom
5. A new house in Abuja or any other location, minimum 5 bedroom.
6. Free medical care for him and members of his family for life.
7. Entitled to cooks, stewards, Gardners, and domestic staffs, all pensionable.
8. 300% of his annual basic salary as governor every 2 years as furniture allowance
9. 100% of annual basic salary as governor as his house maintenance allowance
10. Two DSS officers, 1 female officer for his wife and eight policemen to guard him.
11. 25% of his annual basic salary for personal assistants.
12. 30% of his annual basic salary for car maintenance .
13. 20% of his annual basic salary as utilities maintenance.
14. Pensionable drivers, no limits to the number.

This is apart from what he gets as a percentage of collections from Alpha Beta for tax collections for Lagos State and the total control he has over the governor and the treasury.

But See what Peter Obi collects from Anambra State since leaving office as governor:

1. No gratuity
2. No pensions
3. No houses
4. No cars
5. No allowances of any kind
6. No maintenances of any kind.
7. No personal assistants paid by the state.
8. No domestic staffs paid by the state.
9. No aids sponsored by the state.
10. Not even pure water.
11. No shishi from the State.

So choose you today who means well for Nigeria and who will serve the people selflessly.

Am just exposing your mind to see the truth. It is now your decision to make and to convince others.
Use your reasoning. Vote and support wisely.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: The Man Who Listens To Advice From A Mad Man by Afamed: 5:08pm On Jul 02, 2022
One of the mad men Obi got his advise is seen above

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: The Man Who Listens To Advice From A Mad Man by HilcomTech(m): 5:15pm On Jul 02, 2022
I'm not surprised that the man only listens to mad people.
Re: Peter Obi: The Man Who Listens To Advice From A Mad Man by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 02, 2022
Thank you

Amumaigwe:

Some mad men are even smarter than senile Tinubu, a man with urine and faeces incontinence yet wants to preside over our destinies instead of retiring to take care of his health.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Army In A Serious Gun Battle With Boko Haram And Iswap / GOD! Not Another GCE HOLDER For President / Over 5 Million People Attended Peter Obi's Mega Rally In Abuja - Man Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.