Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,807 members, 7,802,580 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

Why I And Other Yoruba Actors Are Supporting Tinubu – Jide Kosoko - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I And Other Yoruba Actors Are Supporting Tinubu – Jide Kosoko (1574 Views)

Yoruba Actors Campaign For Tinubu Presidency (Video) / Your State And Who You Are Supporting For The 2023 Election / Obasanjo Meets Adebanjo, Dosumu, Other Yoruba Leaders Over 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I And Other Yoruba Actors Are Supporting Tinubu – Jide Kosoko by dodgelord: 10:21pm On Jul 02, 2022
Why I and other Yoruba actors are supporting Tinubu – Jide Kosoko

During the week, when a video of some actors of Yoruba extraction such as Jike Kosoko, Adebayo Salami (Oga Bello), Yinka Quadri and Funke Daramola-Salako, it was criticised by many Nigerians who felt that celebs should not use their star power to campaign for politicians.

However, in an exclusive interview with Saturday Beats, Kosoko stated that Tinubu had done a lot for the movie industry. He said, “Asiwaju Bola Tinubu is not just a leader of note, he is a father figure and benefactor.

“I have benefited from him and his wife. As a matter of fact, I have had a relationship with his family for a long time. He is a focused leader; a leader of all leaders.

“He has personally developed many people in our industry, especially those that had health challenges. For example, when actress, Moji Olaiya, died in Canada, he was responsible for everything that had to with transporting her body back home.

“If you observe his wife, you will see that she is a very quiet woman that does a lot for people. I know the number of sick people (in the industry) that she has also sent money to.

“The film industry has enjoyed Tinubu, as he was the first person to give us several hectares of land in Badagry to construct a film village.

“The succeeding administration gave us reasons the place was not conducive enough, and immediately, an effort was made to give us another place in Epe.”

Kosoko also stated that Tinubu had often shown interest in the film industry by ensuring that the leadership of associations in the industry was united.

When asked if practitioners in the film industry would be able to speak truth to power in the future, considering that they had publicly endorsed a particular candidate, he said, “If we ‘romance’ politicians as some people say and we are bold enough to tell them the truth through our productions, is there anything wrong with that?

“Are celebrities the only ones that embrace politicians? Don’t we have engineers, lawyers and other professionals moving with them? Does being a celebrity mean one is no longer Nigerian and that one does not have the right to one’s opinions?”

The veteran actor, however, advised the youths to participate in the forthcoming elections by first getting their permanent voter’s card.”

2 Likes

Re: Why I And Other Yoruba Actors Are Supporting Tinubu – Jide Kosoko by manutdrichie(m): 10:23pm On Jul 02, 2022
Mstheeew...people shaaa, you will think with all their exposure they are wise

After looting all the money meant for devt, he will spent peanut on few of citizen as if he is doing them a favour with his hard earned money

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I And Other Yoruba Actors Are Supporting Tinubu – Jide Kosoko by helinues: 10:23pm On Jul 02, 2022
You guys don't even need to explain yourself

Anyone not comfortable with it should stay away from sniper. Na tyson oo

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I And Other Yoruba Actors Are Supporting Tinubu – Jide Kosoko by oyin44: 10:24pm On Jul 02, 2022
what a philanthropy gesture... grin

Is there any firm village in Anambra?obituary is a collosal failure... grin

So

lf tinubu could do this wonderful thing to the Yoruba firm industry while in government.

Then it means he could do much better lf elected as the president... grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I And Other Yoruba Actors Are Supporting Tinubu – Jide Kosoko by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 02, 2022
Tinubu reward system is the singular reason he has followers, aside what he has given people no other reason..

And that has always worked for him, will it work for him in 2023, time will tell

4 Likes

Re: Why I And Other Yoruba Actors Are Supporting Tinubu – Jide Kosoko by Jostoman: 10:26pm On Jul 02, 2022
Anywhere Belle face actor

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I And Other Yoruba Actors Are Supporting Tinubu – Jide Kosoko by Bomboiy: 10:26pm On Jul 02, 2022
So why did you support Buhari in 2015? did the Industry benefitted from Buhari prior to 2015? Cash and Carry actor.

If you have benefitted from Tinubu gather your fellow actors to go and appreciate him in his house, don't use more than 200m Nigerians to appreciate one man.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I And Other Yoruba Actors Are Supporting Tinubu – Jide Kosoko by helinues: 10:27pm On Jul 02, 2022
Jostoman:
Anywhere Belle face actor

So as Psquare and other celebrities that have supported Obi

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I And Other Yoruba Actors Are Supporting Tinubu – Jide Kosoko by Dramadiddy(m): 10:27pm On Jul 02, 2022
the real truth is that they do not have a choice, they have enjoyed favors from the man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I And Other Yoruba Actors Are Supporting Tinubu – Jide Kosoko by IamWonderful: 10:28pm On Jul 02, 2022
Miserable and mischievous Pandora Peter OBItuary miscreants and cannibals, so Yoruba cannot campaign for their own but Igbos can campaign for their Ezu river master

4 Likes

Re: Why I And Other Yoruba Actors Are Supporting Tinubu – Jide Kosoko by Jostoman: 10:29pm On Jul 02, 2022
helinues:

So as Psquare and other celebrities that have supported Obi
you are right but am just looking at the health of bat
Re: Why I And Other Yoruba Actors Are Supporting Tinubu – Jide Kosoko by helinues: 10:33pm On Jul 02, 2022
Jostoman:
you are right but am just looking at the health of bat

If Jubril oh sorry Buhari can be this healthy even upon having some early health challenges during his first term, now he is rounding up his eight years, how much more Tinubu

3 Likes

Re: Why I And Other Yoruba Actors Are Supporting Tinubu – Jide Kosoko by franchasofficia: 10:35pm On Jul 02, 2022
All the people supporting Tinubu are doing so because they have benefitted one way or another from the billions of Lagos State treasury Tinubu stole using stooges he installs as Governors in Lagos. The others supporting him are doing so with the hope of benefitting from his stolen wealth while the rest are directionless Yoruba urchins whose only reason is to see a Yoruba man occupy Aso Rock even if they and their family members remain perpetually wretched, it doesn't matter, let Tinubu just occupy Aso Rock, their generation problem is settled.

Instead of supporting credible candidates like Osinbajo, Adesina that will reset Nigeria without focusing on how to loot and how to empower corruption, they prefer a known criminal just because he throws money around for them, money that ordinarily belonged to them, its really sad.

Listen carefully to all Tinubu's key supporters, their only reason for following Tinubu up and down is because of money, none is supporting him because they believe he is a credible, incorruptible leader, rather because he is a master in looting public funds and giving away to his loyalists, and that's why they love him cry

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I And Other Yoruba Actors Are Supporting Tinubu – Jide Kosoko by johnnyjake12(m): 10:37pm On Jul 02, 2022
This is the problem with us,because someone gave u some benefit then we should him the bad part and kill the truth.
we are just after temporary gain and nt the permenant cure

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I And Other Yoruba Actors Are Supporting Tinubu – Jide Kosoko by helinues: 10:39pm On Jul 02, 2022
franchasofficia:
All the people supporting Tinubu are doing so because they have benefitted one way or another from the billions of Lagos State treasury Tinubu stole using stooges he installs as Governors in Lagos. The others supporting him are doing so with the hope of benefitting from his stolen wealth while the rest are directionless Yoruba urchins whose only reason is to see a Yoruba man occupy Aso Rock even if he and his family remains perpetually wretched, it doesn't matter.

Instead of supporting credible candidates that will reset Nigeria without focusing on how to loot and how to empower corruption.

Listen carefully to all Tinubu's key supporters, there only reason for following Tinubu up and down is because of money, none is supporting him because they believe he is a credible, incorruptible politician, rather because he is master in looting public funds and giving away to his loyalists, and that's why they love him cry

JavaScript90:
Useless and selfish excuse. So because a looter threw a few crumbs from our common patrimony he looted and donated some lands he has become the 'best' .

This actor led others in the Yoruba film industry to stage the occupy Nigeria protest. How much was fuel when they occupied Nigeria? How much is fuel now?

What Nigeria is looking for is good leadership and Nigerian youths will select the best based on antecedents and track records not based on the few looted crumbs donated to sick actors by a politician.

For the fact that tinubu brought the calamity Nigeria is suffering from is already more than a justifiable reason not to support him because he will be worse. Tinubu is part and parcel of this government and they collectively failed nigerians

The good part about 2023 election, all the money meant for the development of SE which Tinubu diverted to his private pocket as a governor general of SE hence you guys hating on him, na still the money he would use to bribe your red cap elders like Ohanego to vote for him

Na Abu money

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I And Other Yoruba Actors Are Supporting Tinubu – Jide Kosoko by JavaScript90: 10:40pm On Jul 02, 2022
Useless and selfish excuse. So because a looter threw a few crumbs from our common patrimony he looted and donated some lands he has become the 'best' .

This actor led others in the Yoruba film industry to stage the occupy Nigeria protest. How much was fuel when they occupied Nigeria? How much is fuel now?

What Nigeria is looking for is good leadership and Nigerian youths will select the best based on antecedents and track records not based on the few looted crumbs donated to sick actors by a politician.

For the fact that tinubu brought the calamity Nigeria is suffering from is already more than a justifiable reason not to support him because he will be worse. Tinubu is part and parcel of this government and they collectively failed nigerians

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I And Other Yoruba Actors Are Supporting Tinubu – Jide Kosoko by Tonypen247(m): 10:47pm On Jul 02, 2022
Situational and Kantian ethics comes to mind.

I can only shake my head out of here. The two ethical theories above explain it all. lipsrsealed undecided

Kindly check my signature below
Re: Why I And Other Yoruba Actors Are Supporting Tinubu – Jide Kosoko by franchasofficia: 10:48pm On Jul 02, 2022
helinues:

The good part about 2023 election, all the money meant for the development of SE as a governor general which Tinubu diverted to his private pocket hence you guys hating on him, na still the money he would use to bribe your red cap elders like Ohanego
If you can be honest for once, you know that the Igbo masses abhor corrupt politicians. That's why Igbo politicians like Rochas, Orji Kalu, Theodore Orji, Ikpeazu and co aren't enjoying Igbo people's support at all.

But you Yorubas are different, you worship criminals. You worship known political criminals and treasury looters so long as that politician throws money around like Tinubu does.

Give us Osinbajo, Adesina, etc and we will never call them names, even if we refuse to support them, we will only challenge them based on issues and manifesto, but not bringing a known political criminal and treasury looter who has mastered the art of public fund looting using stooges and you expect us to dobale for him when we don't dobale for corrupt criminals like him in our own land.

Take time and check the calibre of politicians that enjoy cult like support of the Igbos, they are usually men and women of calibre, the likes Emeka Anyaoku, Dr Alex Ekwueme, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Charles Soludo, Chuba Okadigbo, Michael Opkara, Alvan Ikoku, Dede Onunaka Mbakwe, and now Peter Obi.

Compare them with the calibre of politicians you Owo mi da urchins support and you will see the difference.

Tinubu is a criminal, a known treasury looter, it won't change even if he succeeds in buying his way to Aso Rock since majority of Nigerians are daft and love their oppressors

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I And Other Yoruba Actors Are Supporting Tinubu – Jide Kosoko by ElSudani: 10:49pm On Jul 02, 2022
Jide Kosoko doesn't need to explain himself to anyone. You are free to support any candidate of your choice in a democracy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I And Other Yoruba Actors Are Supporting Tinubu – Jide Kosoko by Arkmanbuddy(m): 10:50pm On Jul 02, 2022
helinues:

The good part about 2023 election, all the money meant for the development of SE which Tinubu diverted to his private pocket as a governor general of SE hence you guys hating on him, na still the money he would use to bribe your red cap elders like Ohanego to vote for him.

Na Abu money

The Ohanego off me grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why I And Other Yoruba Actors Are Supporting Tinubu – Jide Kosoko by Jostoman: 10:50pm On Jul 02, 2022
helinues:

If Jubril oh sorry Buhari can be this healthy even upon having some early health challenges during his first term, now he is rounding up his eight years, how much more Tinubu
buhari is very much Ok when Nigerians elected him in 2015 so it was afte the surgery that people started doubting his health but this that your oga have started shaking even before primary election.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I And Other Yoruba Actors Are Supporting Tinubu – Jide Kosoko by Arkmanbuddy(m): 10:51pm On Jul 02, 2022
They're Nigerians and they have the right to support whomever they choose to.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I And Other Yoruba Actors Are Supporting Tinubu – Jide Kosoko by helinues: 10:51pm On Jul 02, 2022
franchasofficia:
If you can be honest for once, you know that the Igbo masses abhor corrupt politicians. That's why Igbo politicians like Rochas, Orji Kalu, Theodore Orji, Ikpeazu and co aren't enjoying Igbo people's support at all.

But you Yorubas are different, you worship criminals. You worship known political criminals and treasury looters so long as that politician throws money around like Tinubu does.

Give us Osinbajo, Adesina, etc and we will never call them names, even if we refuse to support them, we will only challenge them based on issues and manifesto, but not bringing a known political criminal and treasury looter who has mastered the art of public fund looting using stooges and you expect us to dobale for him when we don't dobale for corrupt criminals like him in our own land.

Take time and check the calibre of politicians that enjoy cult like support of the Igbos, they are usually men and women of calibre, the likes Emeka Anyaoku, Dr Alex Ekwueme, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Charles Soludo, Chuba Okadigbo, Michael Opkara, Alvan Ikoku, Dede Onunaka Mbakwe, and now Peter Obi.

Compare them with the calibre of politicians you Owo mi da urchins support and you will see the difference.

Tinubu is a criminal, a known treasury looter, it won't change even if he succeeds in buying his way to Aso Rock since majority of Nigerians are daft and love their oppressors

We are actually saying same thing.. How did the likes of Kalu win their seats?

is Gov Ikpeazu not contesting for senate seat in 2023 election?

1 Like

Re: Why I And Other Yoruba Actors Are Supporting Tinubu – Jide Kosoko by helinues: 10:53pm On Jul 02, 2022
Jostoman:
buhari is very much Ok when Nigerians elected him in 2015 so it was afte the surgery that people started doubting his health but this that your oga have started shaking even before primary election.

And is Tinubu telling you he is not okay? are you his personal physician?
Re: Why I And Other Yoruba Actors Are Supporting Tinubu – Jide Kosoko by BuhariNaWah: 11:02pm On Jul 02, 2022
Change your name from Kosoko to Skosko

In Emu Akpor's voice: E be like say you don dey run kolosis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I And Other Yoruba Actors Are Supporting Tinubu – Jide Kosoko by franchasofficia: 11:04pm On Jul 02, 2022
helinues:

We are actually saying same thing.. How did the likes of Kalu win their seats?

is Gov Ikpeazu not contesting for senate seat in 2023 election?
These criminal politicians from the East are taking advantage of the corrupt electoral system of Nigeria to hold on to power, they are never the people's mandate. Yes some may have won their first mandate on people's vote but most who didn't perform rig themselves back in and that's why we want a leader that will help reset Nigeria and give us a more transparent electoral system that will give Nigerian masses the power to elect their desired leaders with little or no rigging.

Tinubu a known treasury looter, a chop I chop politician can't offer Nigerians that, and that's why we are screaming now, it has nothing to do with hating Yorubas.

Igbo people from Anambra voted massively for Abiola even when an illustrious Igbo son was on ballot as VP to Abiolas rival, Tofa. Go and check the election result of that year, Abiola won in Anambra.

Igbos voted for Obasanjo massively and supported him through out his 8 years tenure. Even though you Yorubas in APC make it look like no Igbos support APC, people like me support Prof Yemi Osinbajo even before now, check my old posts on my main handle here.

Igbos have been supporting Yoruba candidates and those from other tribes but yoi all just hate Igbos for no justifiable reason. When we complain you wicked souls will say Igbos insulted you, even if we agree that some Igbos reciprocated your attacks online which you guys tag as insult, can you compare Igbo peoples so called insults with Fulani people's killing of Yorubas in Yoruba land yet Yorubas are cool with Hausa-Fulanis but will swear that an Igbo man will never be President because Igbos insulted them bla bla bla

As you all continue your gangup against Igbos, I leave you with one word: there is God that oversees the affairs of man and when men feel they can play God in the lives of fellow men, God will rise up and show that He is still God. Watch and see, time will tell.

3 Likes

Re: Why I And Other Yoruba Actors Are Supporting Tinubu – Jide Kosoko by BuhariNaWah: 11:05pm On Jul 02, 2022
helinues:

And is Tinubu telling you he is not okay? are you his personal physician?

I don't think you are ok.
They held his elbow to raise flag!!!!!

Flag bearer that can't raise flag is certainly NOT OK

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I And Other Yoruba Actors Are Supporting Tinubu – Jide Kosoko by helinues: 11:07pm On Jul 02, 2022
franchasofficia:
These criminal politicians from the East are taking advantage of the corrupt electoral system of Nigeria to hold on to power, they are never the people's mandate. Yes some may have won their first mandate on people's vote but most who didn't perform rig themselves back in and that's why we want a leader that will help reset Nigeria and give us a more transparent electoral system that will give Nigerian masses the power to elect their desired leaders with little or no rigging.

Tinubu a known treasury looter, a chop I chop politician can't offer Nigerians that, and that's why we are screaming now, it has nothing to do with hating Yorubas.

Igbo people from Anambra voted massively for Abiola even when an illustrious Igbo son was on ballot as VP to Abiolas rival, Tofa. Go and check the election result of that year, Abiola won in Anambra.

Igbos voted for Obasanjo massively and supported him through out his 8 years tenure. Even though you Yorubas in APC make it look like no Igbos support APC, people like me support Prof Yemi Osinbajo even before now, check my old posts on my main handle here.

Igbos have been supporting Yoruba candidates and those from other tribes but yoi all just hate Igbos for no justifiable reason. When we complain you wicked souls will say Igbos insulted you, even if we agree that some Igbos reciprocated your attacks online which you guys tag as insult, can you compare Igbo peoples so called insults with Fulani people's killing of Yorubas in Yoruba land yet Yorubas are cool with Hausa-Fulanis but will swear that an Igbo man will never be President because Igbos insulted them bla bla bla

As you all continue your gangup against Igbos, I leave you with one word: there is God that oversees the affairs of man and when men feel they can play God in the lives of fellow men, God will rise up and show that He is still God. Watch and see, time will tell.

If the likes of Ikpeazu can be winning elections in SE and you guy's can't do anything about it, how on earth do you think you guys can do anything about Tinubu's presidency?

You people should start practicing what you are preaching. Charity they say begins from home

1 Like

Re: Why I And Other Yoruba Actors Are Supporting Tinubu – Jide Kosoko by helinues: 11:09pm On Jul 02, 2022
BuhariNaWah:

I don't think you are ok.
They held his elbow to raise flag!!!!!

Flag bearer that can't raise flag is certainly NOT OK

Dont worry when Tinubu is back to the country, I will ask him to do back flip for you

undecided
Re: Why I And Other Yoruba Actors Are Supporting Tinubu – Jide Kosoko by BuhariNaWah: 11:11pm On Jul 02, 2022
helinues:

Dont worry when Tinubu is back to the country, I will ask him to do back flip for you

undecided

Abeg getat.
You dey reason like Bat.
I'm not surprised Sha.

1 Like

Re: Why I And Other Yoruba Actors Are Supporting Tinubu – Jide Kosoko by franchasofficia: 11:11pm On Jul 02, 2022
helinues:

If the likes of Ikpeazu can be winning elections in SE and you guy's can't do anything about it, how on earth do you think you guys can do anything about Tinubu's presidency?

You people should start practicing what you are preaching. Charity they say begins from home
Presidency controls almost everything in Nigeria.

You saw what happened in Imo state. The Governor there was never people's mandate, instead he was installed from Abuja. You know all these but hatred and bigotry will never let you admit so continue with your bigotry and hatred for Igbos and fairness, the decayed Nigeria you support and cherish will happen to you or someone close to you someday, soonest, time will tell.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News!!! See Size Of The 36 States In Nigeria!!! / Northwest APC Campaign Rally Scanty After Wasting Millions For Mobilisation(phot / Peter Obi Is Sweeping Delta State Without Mercy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.