Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,855 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port (38734 Views)

Buhari Welcomes Release Of 23 Kaduna Train Attack Victims With Much Happiness / $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion / Buhari Welcomes Proposal By Hyundai To Set Up Car Plant In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by CheapHomes1: 11:42am On Jul 03, 2022
trutharena:

Show me where anyone said only Lagos state owned the port.

No one in their right senses will claim that. But they can claim Tinubu brought that port investors to Lagos and stake some percentage in it for the states. That’s a fact!

That’s how governance should work. Governors have no business setting up these kind of companies on their own because the civil service will run it down in no time.

I repeat:

There's nothing you have typed that has negated the information in my post which you quoted. Pls read again & take note of where the owners of the deep sea port come from.

The problem is that many Tinubu urchins have tried to give the impression that this port is strictly a Lagos state govt initiative executed by the Lagos state govt. They also try to tie it to Tinubu. But that is far from the truth. The port was initiated and is being developed by a private Singaporean company. The Lagos state govt and the FG (NPA) own 20% and 5% shares in the venture respectively

NB: Can you produce where you got your question you asked in your first paragraph?
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by Sleekfingers: 11:47am On Jul 03, 2022
olarent:
Can some people be sensible for once? This forum is getting ruin by tribalism and religion bigotry has someone rightly said,that is why I hardly comment.This forum should be a learning forum,helping member and get connected, its a community of learned people not to abuse each other please so that we can get good thing out of this country.[b][/b]

The owner and moderators are the ones encouraging them.......there are lots of of ill-bred children on this forum.......I have started ignoring them.....no wonder desmond elliott called them children.........they will say , NA CRUISE......can you imagine?
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by chimesky: 12:09pm On Jul 03, 2022
Quintopia:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/buhari-welcomes-berthing-of-first-ship-at-lekki-deep-sea-port/

Rotation Amechi is a big FOOL..!! PH I'm so sorry for you...We lost a Son
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by NnamdiN: 12:10pm On Jul 03, 2022
zolajpower:
E go better under Peter Obi.... I'm seriously looking for my pvc , never used it bf . Some people are telling me not to waste it but I'm ready to waste it on labour party .... Been in search of jobs for two years now and I'm tired waiting to go another 4years under this evil party . Someone should help me look forram oo . I'm seriously looking for my PVC
you can apply for loss of card. You'll get a new one. Please don't register for fresh one otherwise you won't have any.
Let's Obidiently waste the vote together
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by zolajpower: 12:21pm On Jul 03, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

You are happy now na

No it means mind your fukving business . If you have a corrupt father like tinupoppo and athifku then it won't come as a surprise at all. I am skilled worker whose lively depends on our national power , I will pay various bills etc and when I couldn't continue do still expect to go begging for food I will hustle. Majority of you think everyone has come to beg you to feed . So please move on and leave my mention . . We praying for a good leader and how things will work again u are here quoting me as if u don't belong to this country
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by CheapHomes1: 12:27pm On Jul 03, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Bola Ahmed Tinubu Jagaban of Nigeria

Na man you be Biko

Did Tinubu dash the investors the land or did they pay for it?
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by Moh247: 12:29pm On Jul 03, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Did Tinubu dash the investors the land or did they pay for it?

Free of all charges and no treat from land owners as government paid them unbehalf of the free trade zone investors
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by Fearyourcreator: 12:31pm On Jul 03, 2022
zolajpower:

No it means mind your fukving business . If you have a corrupt father like tinupoppo and athifku that doesn't mean other people father can be like them .
It was a typo
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by CheapHomes1: 12:32pm On Jul 03, 2022
Sunday2021:
do you know who build the refineries? Do you know how many project were built by buhari as a military president? Mr man, you should be ashamed of yourself.
Have been to kainji dam these days.

Who built the refineries?

Pls what were the many projects built by buhari when he was head of state?

Can you pls state how long buhari was head of state?
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by CheapHomes1: 12:34pm On Jul 03, 2022
Moh247:

Free of all charges and no treat from land owners as government paid them unbehalf of the free trade zone investors

You didn't answer the question. Did Tinubu dash the investors the land or did the investors pay for land?
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by ElSudani: 12:36pm On Jul 03, 2022
CheapHomes1:

You haven't answered the simple question. Who owns LFTZ?

In the screenshots below, who initiated the deep sea port? Does it tally with the following?

Tinubu isn't the arrowhead of lekki deep sea port. The port was initiated and is being developed by a private Singaporean company tolaram group. The Lagos state govt and the FG (NPA) own 20% and 5% shares in the venture respectively. Tolaram group along with the port also owns Lekki free trade zone which sycophants like you have been attributing to Tinubu

Even after providing you evidence of Tinubu traveling to China as far back as 2006 to sign agreements with the Chinese partners on the project you are still going on like a broken record.
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by Moh247: 12:37pm On Jul 03, 2022
CheapHomes1:

You didn't answer the question. Did Tinubu dash the investors the land or did the investors pay for land?

Can't you read or am now your personal Google

Tinubu gave investors land for free please lexy2014 enough of the never ending questions we are all adults here
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by CheapHomes1: 12:40pm On Jul 03, 2022
ElSudani:

Even after providing you evidence of Tinubu traveling to China as far back as 2006 to sign agreements with the Chinese partners on the project you are still going on like a broken record.

You haven't answered the simple question. Who owns LFTZ?

In the screenshots below, who initiated the deep sea port? Does it tally with the following?

Tinubu isn't the arrowhead of lekki deep sea port. The port was initiated and is being developed by a private Singaporean company tolaram group. The Lagos state govt and the FG (NPA) own 20% and 5% shares in the venture respectively. Tolaram group along with the port also owns Lekki free trade zone which sycophants like you have been attributing to Tinubu

Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by aribisala0(m): 12:40pm On Jul 03, 2022
ElSudani:

What agreement did he sign? Exactly? What was agreed?
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by OsunOriginal: 12:41pm On Jul 03, 2022
9jaRealist:

Nope! We cannot afford a “template” that requires 20+ years before for our kids start seeing results…
Bad enough that 23 years after he “conceived” 4th Mainland Bridge and Lekki Airport, not one brick has been laid.

We need change and progress NOW! Not in 2045!!
grin
>

Like the template Obi used in Anambra? Anambra is struggling to pay salaries and its contributions for pension today.
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by CheapHomes1: 12:43pm On Jul 03, 2022
Moh247:

Can't you read or am now your personal Google

Tinubu gave investors land for free please lexy2014 enough of the never ending questions we are all adults here

How did you arrive at the conclusion that Tinubu gave the investors land for free?

How did Lagos acquire it's 20% stake in the investment?
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by adeola22v: 12:43pm On Jul 03, 2022
Quite impressive. Nothing happens if nothing happens. We must not forget some people made this happen and Bola Ahmed Tinubu is the arrowhead.Quite impressive. Nothing happens if nothing happens. We must not forget some people made this happen and Bola Ahmed Tinubu is the arrowhead....
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by Moh247: 12:44pm On Jul 03, 2022
CheapHomes1:

How did you arrive at the conclusion that Tinubu gave the investors land for free?

How did Lagos acquire it's 20% stake in the investment?

Go and ask google
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by Originalsly: 12:48pm On Jul 03, 2022
A deep sea port is really needed. But are we going to be making use of it to develop our economy?.... or foreigners will be reaping the benefit of it? No.doubt... we will be importing a whole lot... not good for our economy)... and what will we .. not the Chinese or other foreigners ... what will we be exporting? I see this as a means of exploitation ... it is not to our benefit and development.
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by OsunOriginal: 12:51pm On Jul 03, 2022
CheapHomes1:

I repeat:

There's nothing you have typed that has negated the information in my post which you quoted. Pls read again & take note of where the owners of the deep sea port come from.

The problem is that many Tinubu urchins have tried to give the impression that this port is strictly a Lagos state govt initiative executed by the Lagos state govt. They also try to tie it to Tinubu. But that is far from the truth. The port was initiated and is being developed by a private Singaporean company. The Lagos state govt and the FG (NPA) own 20% and 5% shares in the venture respectively

NB: Can you produce where you got your question you asked in your first paragraph?

So, to you the original idea came from the Singaporean company and not the entities in Nigeria (Lagos and Fed)? Poorly structured reasoning from a mind beclouded by ethnicity and religious bigotry.

One would think Lagos state putting down 20% of the investment would at least push-start your analog brain but still, it wouldn't start.
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by ElSudani: 12:52pm On Jul 03, 2022
Originalsly:
A deep sea port is really needed. But are we going to be making use of it to develop our economy?.... or foreigners will be reaping the benefit of it? No.doubt... we will be importing a whole lot... not good for our economy)... and what will we .. not the Chinese or other foreigners ... what will we be exporting? I see this as a means of exploitation ... it is not to our benefit and development.

Ports are not meant for importing consumer products alone. They are also used to import raw materials and export finished products. You can establish your factory there as well, there are no barriers against you.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by CheapHomes1: 12:54pm On Jul 03, 2022
OsunOriginal:

So, to you the original idea came from the Singaporean company and not the entities in Nigeria (Lagos and Fed)? Poorly structured reasoning from a mind beclouded by ethnicity and religious bigotry.

One would think Lagos state putting down 20% of the investment would at least push-start your analog brain but still, it wouldn't start.

Kindly avail yourself the screenshots below. Meanwhile,

There's nothing you have typed that has negated the information in my post which you quoted. You only ended up proving me right.

Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by aribisala0(m): 12:58pm On Jul 03, 2022
CheapHomes1:

I repeat:

The port was initiated by the LASG regardless of what one thinks about Tinubu.
It was the LASG that sought the investors , sought permission of NPA to approve the project , found the site, negotiated with and compensated the communities
There is no way of spinning that

IT IS a LASG initiative
It was not initiated by the company
That is absolute nonsense. Crucially YOU HAVE no evidence for that
We have seen similar initiatives e.g in Akwa Ibom approved by the FG still fail to come to fruition or even break ground despite getting FG approval so LASG deserves kudos
The FG approved ports for IBOM ( An Akwa Ibom State initive)
Warri
Bonny
Lekki

Lekki is the only one coming to fruition and that is kudos to LASG . I am not one of those saying it is Tinubu because I do not buy that though he played a role. It is a LASG initiative
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by CheapHomes1: 1:01pm On Jul 03, 2022
aribisala0:
The port was initiated by the LASG regardless of what one thinks about Tinubu.
It was the LASG that sought the investors , sought permission of NPA to approve the project , found the site, negotiated with and compensated the communities
There is no way of spinning that

IT IS a LASG initiative
It was not initiated by the company
That is absolute nonsense. Crucially YOU HAVE no evidence for that
We have seen similar initiatives e.g in Akwa Ibom approved by the FG still fail to come to fruition or even break ground despite getting FG approval so LASG deserves kudos
The FG approved ports for IBOM ( An Akwa Ibom State initive)
Warri
Bonny
Lekki

Lekki is the only one coming to fruition and that is kudos to LASG . I am not one of those saying it is Tinubu because I do not buy that though he played a role. It is a LASG initiative

Neither do you have any evidence to buttress the point you are making. Pls read the screenshot below and tell me what you read

Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by aribisala0(m): 1:07pm On Jul 03, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Neither do you have any evidence to buttress the point you are making. Pls read the screenshot below and tell me what you read
Guy I do not read stupid screenshots
PS do not waste your time I will not read thems
Articulate your point by yourself

I am not here to argue for Tinubu or that this is Tinubu's project however those who showed evidence of his involvement is proof enough of LASG as an initiator . There is evidence of LASG making moves for this project. I see Fashola as more impactful in delivering this project

Even when Fashola was governor he complained about obstruction from the FG and that is in the public domain
Akpabio initiated a similar project but it came to nought

Do not be envious. This project is the culmination of the hard work of successive LASGs I just disagree with attributing it to Tinubu but your claim that it was not initiated by LASG is just bitter envy
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by CheapHomes1: 1:09pm On Jul 03, 2022
aribisala0:
Guy I do not read stupid screenshots
PS do not waste your time I will not read thems
Articulate your point by yourself

I am not here to argue for Tinubu or that this is Tinubu's project however those who showed evidence of his involvement is proof enough of LASG as an initiator . There is evidence of LASG making moves for this project. I see Fashola as more impactful in delivering this project

Even when Fashola was governor he complained about obstruction from the FG and that is in the public domain
Akpabio initiated a similar project but it came to nought

Do not be envious. This project is the culmination of the hard work of successive LASGs I just disagree with attributing it to Tinubu but your claim that it was not initiated by LASG is just bitter envy

Oga, what's the essence of your emotional outburst? I don't understand. Provide your evidence to support your accusations. Stop being emotional over a simple matter. I actually thought you are a grown up
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by Abujason: 1:14pm On Jul 03, 2022
Quintopia:
This forum has being ruined by tribalism.

Disgusting.

It wasn't always like this around here..

That’s because the owner of Nairaland and his so-called moderators like that and are therefore encouraging it to drive more traffic to the portal.

Just join me and let’s start our own version of Nairaland for sane people.

Click like if you agree with me. grin
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by aribisala0(m): 1:16pm On Jul 03, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Oga, what's the essence of your emotional outburst? I don't understand. Provide your evidence to support your accusations. Stop being emotional over a simple matter. I actually thought you are a grown up
Actually you are the one being emotional
Envy

YOU claimed it was initiated by private investors but have no evidence but others on this thread have shown evidence of LASG operatives making moves as far back as 2006 for this so it is clearly a LASG initiative unless you have contradictory evidence?
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by CheapHomes1: 1:20pm On Jul 03, 2022
aribisala0:
Actually you are the one being emotional
Envy

YOU claimed it was initiated by private investors but have no evidence but others on this thread have shown evidence of LASG operatives making moves as far back as 2006 for this so it is clearly a LASG initiative unless you have contradictory evidence?

Oga, Provide your evidence to support your accusation of envy.
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by aribisala0(m): 1:23pm On Jul 03, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Oga, Provide your evidence to support your accusation of envy.
You are bitter and envious
LASG and FG signed a Memorandum of Understanding even before an investor was confirmed

The MOU was between the FG and LASG in the first instance
The project is a LASG initiative
Your insistence that it is not is evidence of ENVY and BITTERNESS
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by CheapHomes1: 1:27pm On Jul 03, 2022
aribisala0:
You are bitter and envious
LASG and FG signed a Memorandum of Understanding even before an investor was confirmed

The MOU was between the FG and LASG in the first instance
The project is a LASG initiative
Your insistence that it is not is evidence of ENVY and BITTERNESS

Oga, you still haven't Provided your evidence to support your accusation of envy and bitterness. You should also state why you say I am bitter and envious

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos Of Osinbajo At The Flagoff Of Ogun Cleanup Exercise / Buhari As A Young Cadet Officer In 1962 (Photo) / Adams Oshiomhole Dances With Broom At Katsina APC Rally (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.