Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port (38755 Views)

Buhari Welcomes Release Of 23 Kaduna Train Attack Victims With Much Happiness / $1.6 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port Reaches 50% Completion / Buhari Welcomes Proposal By Hyundai To Set Up Car Plant In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by aribisala0(m): 1:29pm On Jul 03, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Oga, you still haven't Provided your evidence to support your accusation of envy and bitterness
Your insistence that it is not a LASG project is the evidence

1 Like

Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by CheapHomes1: 1:30pm On Jul 03, 2022
aribisala0:
Your insistence that it is not a LASG project is the evidence

That's no evidence. That's you spilling your emotions. I was expecting that you should tell me with your evidence why you say I am envious and bitter. But alas.... nothing
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by aribisala0(m): 1:31pm On Jul 03, 2022
CheapHomes1:

That's no evidence. That's you spilling your emotions. I was expecting that you should tell me with your evidence why you say I am envious and bitter. But alas.... nothing
That is overwhelming evidence
It is a LASG initiative and you are just envious and bitter

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by CheapHomes1: 1:33pm On Jul 03, 2022
aribisala0:
That is overwhelming evidence
It is a LASG initiative and you are just envious and bitter

Envious and bitter about what? And yet you can't tell me why you say I am bitter and envious. How's that evidence?
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by fyneguy: 1:39pm On Jul 03, 2022
Quintopia:
We want to see innovative projects like this in other parts of Nigeria.

Akwa Ibom is quite dynamic in this regard.

Ebonyi and Ogun states are impressing as well.

More states should follow suit.

This thing is not about blaming Abuja or FG or Fulani people.

States must be innovative and dynamic.

They'll do this by electing technocrats into office.

The state governments should work on such masterplans and partner with relevant agencies and private firms to actualize it.

This is why Tinubu is miles ahead of others. He is innovative, pragmatic, and strategic.

Clueless Govs always wait on FG to initiate projects, whereas they are meant to come up with ideas that will stimulate their local economies.

Tinubu is the best Presidential material, for 2023!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by CheapHomes1: 1:43pm On Jul 03, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Envious and bitter about what? And yet you can't tell me why you say I am bitter and envious. How's that evidence?

aribisala0, why is it taking you time to tell me what it is that I am bitter and envious about?

Why is it taking you time to explain why you say I am bitter and envious?
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by aribisala0(m): 1:46pm On Jul 03, 2022
CheapHomes1:

aribisala0, why is it taking you time to tell me what it is that I am bitter and envious about?

Why is it taking you time to explain why you say I am bitter and envious?

You are not the only miscreant I know
Wait your turn
Lagos State progress

1 Like

Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by jaxxy(m): 1:48pm On Jul 03, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Bola Ahmed Tinubu Jagaban of Nigeria

Na man you be Biko

U people can lie ehn.
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by CheapHomes1: 1:49pm On Jul 03, 2022
aribisala0:

You are not the only miscreant I know
Wait your turn
Lagos State progress

You are still spilling your emotions which confirms what I said earlier.

What you trying to say above is that you have absolutely no evidence to support your accusations...right?
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by aribisala0(m): 1:57pm On Jul 03, 2022
fyneguy:

The state governments should work on such masterplans and partner with relevant agencies and private firms to actualize it.

This is why Tinubu is miles ahead of others. He is innovative, pragmatic, and strategic.

Clueless Govs always wait on FG to initiate projects, whereas they are meant to come up with ideas that will stimulate their local economies.

Tinubu is the best Presidential material, for 2023!
More could have been done in Lagos State if its resources were not being plundered . Ther is nothing to write home about in
Human Development=
Education and Health

Transport is a big shambles considering the population

Housing What has been achieved in 24 years ? Specifically HOW MANY DWELLINGS have been added
Employment Well under APC the fastet growing industry in Lagos was okada business with all the problems for the locals

Lagos indigenes were essentially fishermen and have suffered loss of livelihood as a result of hosting the FCT just like herdsmen or Niger Delta people complain of loss of livelihoo.
This is not a problem the majority of Yoruba understand because they are not fishermen.How many of those Yoruba claiming we are all one even know what deities real Lagosians worship? How many Yoruba worship water deities
It is not just Eboes that are disrespectful in Lagos many Yoruba are too and Tinubu is one of them
Any time anyone talks I always ask them
Are you from Lagos. Most speakers ARE NOT
Those who are know reality

FINALLY
Security ?? We know hat is going on with cults, drugs,Street robbery etc
Did the government ban grazing? What is happening?
Las week a bus conductor was killed for killing cows
The other week Olosho killed for having Quran
Which Lagos is it that you are making noise about?
Are you from Lagos?
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by fyneguy: 2:00pm On Jul 03, 2022
jaxxy:

Infrastructure is not for show. it must be put to proper use and maintenence or is is completely useless and an economic liability.

Lol how does that rubbish the fact that this is a huge economy-stimulating project?

Purge yourself of cynicism.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by fyneguy: 2:06pm On Jul 03, 2022
nnamdi640:
You mean to say Tinubu is the brain behind the hardship we are facing under this present regime. Thesame South-south Tinubu back stab by denieling their son his second tenure and voting in Fulanis man is the one you are feeling for. Hypocrite!!!

Backstab?

Did he benefit from them and betray them?

Was Tinubu in the same party with Jonathan?

How exactly did an opposition leader betray a region by ensuring his party's candidate won?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by wisdomkid: 2:06pm On Jul 03, 2022
Golan007:

Why are you bitter?
It didn't happen in Onitsha river right?

Lol, am not Igbo sir. Just a patriotic Nigerian who isn't blinded by Nepotism and tribalism sir. We are still being promised something after 8years? You think na. The Lekki seaport picture isn't even available. You've not seen it, you're probably hearing of it for the first time, yet it has glub in billions and you're clapping?

This is why Africa is the trench of the world. We lack the ability to reason like normal humans, and more like the chimpanzee
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by fyneguy: 2:14pm On Jul 03, 2022
9jaRealist:

Nope! We cannot afford a “template” that requires 20+ years before for our kids start seeing results…
Bad enough that 23 years after he “conceived” 4th Mainland Bridge and Lekki Airport, not one brick has been laid.

We need change and progress NOW! Not in 2045!!
grin
>

Nothing is funny here. PDP Govt stalled many projects. It took an APC Govt to approve the Seaport!

This is why Yoruba must be wise. This is the best time to support your own, in a SW-friendly party.

The day I confirmed the conspiracy against the SW was when some people advised Jonathan to not approve the reconstruction of Ketu - Ikorodu way. Even Tinubu had to intervene, before an abridged model was grudgingly approved. When I saw the initial design, I felt like crying. How could some people move against such a great project, out of envy?!

One of these enemies, is the one some people want us to vote in as President. God forbid!
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by fyneguy: 2:20pm On Jul 03, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Am sure you guys will soon tell us that Tinubu is responsible for the oxygen we breathe. You sycophants keep spreading lies. Tinubu isn't the brain behind lekki deep sea port. Lekki deep sea port is an initiative of tolaram group which also owns the port.

Olodo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by CheapHomes1: 2:23pm On Jul 03, 2022
fyneguy:

Olodo

Professor, How does your screenshot negate what I said?
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by fyneguy: 2:28pm On Jul 03, 2022
CheapHomes1:

What development did Lagos witness under Tinubu?

Learn!

He conceived the idea! It was one of the projects in the Lekki Free Trade Zone development plan, which Tinubu pitched to investors, when he was the Gov.

It was not a FG initiative. The PDP-led FG stalled the project till Buhari took over and approved it.

Kudos to Tinubu for the initiative, Buhari and APC for approval, and all stakeholders for it's execution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by izibili44: 2:37pm On Jul 03, 2022
Not all state as the land and environment to achieve dis. That is why Lagos is one of the richest if not the richest
Quintopia:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by CheapHomes1: 2:38pm On Jul 03, 2022
fyneguy:

Learn!

He conceived the idea! It was one of the projects in the Lekki Free Trade Zone development plan, which Tinubu pitched to investors, when he was the Gov.

It was not a FG initiative. The PDP-led FG stalled the project till Buhari took over and approved it.

Kudos to Tinubu for the initiative, Buhari and APC for approval, and all stakeholders for it's execution.

Bros, you didn't answer the question.

What development did Lagos witness under Tinubu?
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by fyneguy: 2:39pm On Jul 03, 2022
ucaneke:
when ever i hear " will take over from Buhari " i just dey vex. so u really think Buhari did well? . Tinubu taking over from Buhari means we r going in for another hectic ride my brother �

Don't be mischievous. No 2 Presidents can be same. Tinubu is definitely an excellent and innovative manager of systems and people.
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by bolademi(m): 3:01pm On Jul 03, 2022
Quintopia:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/buhari-welcomes-berthing-of-first-ship-at-lekki-deep-sea-port/

Agagu wanted this but stupid Labour Party man mimiko work against it and now they want us to be obidient. They will labour in vain
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by jaxxy(m): 3:05pm On Jul 03, 2022
fyneguy:

Lol how does that rubbish the fact that this is a huge economy-stimulating project?

Purge yourself of cynicism.

I never said it wasn't bt it has to serve its function properly to full capacity. we celebrate show off even when yet to function or deliver.

we have many huge economy stimulating projects mismanaged and underutilised.

Hope it won't be touts infested.
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by nnamdi640: 3:06pm On Jul 03, 2022
fyneguy:

Backstab?

Did he benefit from them and betray them?

Was Tinubu in the same party with Jonathan?

How exactly did an opposition leader betray a region by ensuring his party's candidate won?
If so, why are you guys crying like a wounded child that Igbos are not supporting Thievenubu. After all we have decided to support a man with no criminal record and a southerner that we believe can do the job unlike those that derived joy in backstabbing their fellow southerners just like their accentor (Afonja). Tell Thievenubu daughter to stop being childish because we Igbo hold his father nothing.
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by SeniorBros1: 3:55pm On Jul 03, 2022
Quintopia:

How much can states be dynamic when the federal government gets 50% and 36 states share 50%. Not every states enjoys federal government presence like Lagos. Although you have a point but it’s a little deeper
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by ebufa: 4:00pm On Jul 03, 2022
Golan007:
Some people right now.

you see yourself! see una tinwa tinwa politics that destroys the very One Nigeria you guys preach! Obasanjo of PDP quickly gave approval and signed the documents backing The Lekki export free zone in a so-called opposition state controlled by AC but the same Obasanjo stridently refused to give approval for the Tinapa/Calabar export free zone leading to the untimely death of the Tinapa resort...........................you see the same conspiracy and intrigue with the Enugu International airport terminal..........more than 10 years on it remains the same way Jonathan left it...."absolutely abandoned" but kano, Abuja, Lagos, and Port Harcourt terminals have all been commissioned and have been in use for years now!............... It is left for Nigeria to change her discriminatory ways...........it is a savage irony that the very part of the nation that produces most of her wealth is the most neglected! sophisticated politics indeed ,more like satanic politics if you ask me!
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by SeniorBros1: 4:06pm On Jul 03, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Tinubu is the brain behind this.

Nigerians and indeed Africans will benefit from it.

Infact, even his haters will benefit from it, and that is if they have not started smiling to the banks already.

When Tinubu graduated from the university, first class no be biscuit especially in Accounting. Any one with first class then is a genius.

This is why Nigerians have resolved that Tinubu should take over from Buhari on 29 May 2023, so we benefit from him.

God bless SW SS NW NE and NC.

If this deep sea port was something near presentable in a sane world, the photos would be flying everywhere knowing their photogenic kind of leadership. Maybe about 15% completed like Eko Atlantic, an abandoned construction site like audio sea port.
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by Golan007: 4:09pm On Jul 03, 2022
ebufa:

you see yourself! see una tinwa tinwa politics that destroys the very One Nigeria you guys preach! Obasanjo of PDP quickly gave approval and signed the documents backing The Lekki export free zone in a so-called opposition state controlled by AC but the same Obasanjo stridently refused to give approval for the Tinapa/Calabar export free zone leading to the untimely death of the Tinapa resort...........................you see the same conspiracy and intrigue with the Enugu International airport terminal..........more than 10 years on it remains the same way Jonathan left it...."absolutely abandoned" but kano, Abuja, Lagos, and Port Harcourt terminals have all been commissioned and have been in use for years now!............... It is left for Nigeria to change her discriminatory ways...........it is a savage irony that the very part of the nation that produces most of her wealth is the most neglected! sophisticated politics indeed ,more like satanic politics if you ask me!

Na so una go dey lie.

https://www.ddhmag.com/bad-legislation-cripples-tinapa-export-processing-zones/

Let us even go one step further: if Obasanjo did not do it, what about Jonathan?

Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by Matthewdan(m): 4:26pm On Jul 03, 2022
Abeg who get link i need a job here i operate Reach Stacker (Kalmar)

Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by OsunOriginal: 5:04pm On Jul 03, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Kindly avail yourself the screenshots below. Meanwhile,

There's nothing you have typed that has negated the information in my post which you quoted. You only ended up proving me right.

The problem is that many Tinubu urchins have tried to give the impression that this port is strictly a Lagos state govt initiative executed by the Lagos state govt. They also try to tie it to Tinubu. But that is far from the truth. The port was initiated and is being developed by a private Singaporean company. The Lagos state govt and the FG (NPA) own 20% and 5% shares in the venture respectively

The reason you need to start thinking and stay away from simplistic ethnic and religious sentiments when discussing with intellectuals. Why would the state government single-handedly go into such a venture? The global standard is to bring in people with the technical know-how and financial war-chest to lead and operate the port while the state government is only a partner cum facilitator. Lagos state government conceived the whole idea, brought in a technical partner, and provided the land for this. Bringing in the Singaporean technical partner does not only ensure the project is operated by a competent hand, it also brought in FDI which is good for Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Welcomes Berthing Of First Ship At $2 Billion Lekki Deep Sea Port by OsunOriginal: 5:11pm On Jul 03, 2022
aribisala0:
Actually you are the one being emotional
Envy

YOU claimed it was initiated by private investors but have no evidence but others on this thread have shown evidence of LASG operatives making moves as far back as 2006 for this so it is clearly a LASG initiative unless you have contradictory evidence?

I don't think this guy deserves our time. He doesn't even seem to understand how things work. A company from Singapore will just land in Nigeria to look for where to dredge and site a port.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chicago State University Says Tinubu Graduated From There In 1979 / Planned strike: NLC, TUC leaders arrive State House / Melaye Has Not Collected His Original Certificate From Ahmadu Bello University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.