Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger (44069 Views)

APC Floors PDP, NNPP, LP At Shettima’s Polling Unit / NNPP-LP Alliance: Obi Or Kwankwaso Can Accept To Be Vice - Agbo Major / 2023: Kwankwaso, Obi Raise Stake In NNPP, LP Threaten APC, PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by powerfulguy: 1:40am On Jul 03, 2022
Rabiu Kwankwaso, the Presidential candidate of the New Nigeria People’s Party (NNPP) said accepting to be running mate would lead to the collapse of the party.

But he also said he wants Peter Obi, presidential candidate of Labour Party to be his running mate

Kwankwaso, a former Governor of Kano State, who was in Gombe State to inaugurate the state office of NNPP and meet with elected members of the party stated this in an interview with newsmen.

He said his political profile built over the years and his wealth of experience having served in various capacities in the country had helped in bringing NNPP to limelight within a short time.

He stated that with the fame the NNPP had achieved within the short time, anything short of his presidency under the party would mean the collapse of the NNPP.

Kwankwaso confirmed that his party had been in talks with the Labour Party for possible merger but the main issue that hindered progress was the issue of who becomes the presidential candidate.

“From the discussion with Labour Party, the main issue was who becomes the president if the parties merge.

“At the end of the day, some of our representatives thought that there should be criteria in terms of age, qualification, offices held, performance and so on.

“Of course the other side wouldn’t want that. Most of the people from there believe that presidency has to go there (South East).

“If now I decide to be vice presidential candidate to anybody in this country; NNPP will collapse, because the party is based on what we have built in the last 30 years.

“I served for 17 years as a civil servant; we are talking of 47 years of very serious hard work that is what is rarely holding NNPP now,” he said.

The national leader of the NNPP said he was not against presidency going to any part of the country but it must be done based on “strategy, political calculation and equation.”

According to him, the South East are good in business and are well talented but they should learn politics, “in politics they are at the bottom line.”

He stated that the zone had lost out on the presidential and vice presidential candidates of both All Progressives Congress (APC) and the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) but had a chance with the NNPP.

He stated that those saying “even if my friend (Peter Obi) wants to accept vice presidential candidate, some people in the South East will not accept, that is not strategic.”

He said Bola Tinubu was strategic to have supported the APC in 2015 and “today he is the presidential candidate of the APC.”

Kwankwaso said the best option for the South East was for the zone to partner with NNPP, “this is a golden opportunity, if they lose it, it will be a disaster.”

On the choice of his running mate, Kwankwaso said “we have options in the NNPP in the South to pick a good vice president and one of them is the Labour Party man you are talking about.”

On the chances of NNPP in 2023 elections, Kwankwaso said his party had the structure, organisation and population across the country to contest and win elections.

He said if elected president in 2023, his vision would be to create opportunities for the youths of Nigeria to get employed, achieved their dreams and be empowered educationally and economically
https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2022/07/03/kwankwaso-i-cant-be-running-mate-to-anyone-but-i-want-obi-to-be-mine/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by foryourmindok: 1:42am On Jul 03, 2022
Oga run for elections on your own.

Win the North and share it with Atiku. Peter Obi will manage to win 25% in very few core northern states. He will win middle belt, South South, South East. Win at least 30% in Southwest states. Cruise to victory.

1016 Likes 95 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by PapaHadum: 2:23am On Jul 03, 2022
Pls wake me up when #OBIdients agree with HE Alhaji Kwankwaso.

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by yinkus6750(m): 2:31am On Jul 03, 2022
Personal selfish interest.
Regional northern leader whose acceptability of his kwakwansiya is mostly within Kano and immediate environs.
Not really a national figure.
Keep spoiling your chances, the coffee will be bitter very soon

524 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by Penguin2: 2:34am On Jul 03, 2022
I think it’s time Peter Obi looks elsewhere for running mate before it will be too late.

I think this Kwankwaso is not serious.

664 Likes 47 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by ScamHunter: 2:42am On Jul 03, 2022
Obi is underestimating the capability of Nigerians to see this brewing revolution through. Finally, even APC and PDP would need a merger to counter it. He'd better go for another northerner even if it's Namadi Sambo.
Edit. Kwankwanso is exhibiting a typical born to rule mentality Fulani have used to suppress the Hausa and are working towards suppressing all other Nigerians. If they are permitted to gain power through Atiku once more, Nigerians should kiss bye-bye to liberty. The way Tambuwal was used to deceive Wike is still how this Kwankwaso may work for Atiku's victory.-
Idiotseverywher made an important point so I add it:

Let him use a very young man from the north a sort of an activist, they full their, those who want to change the power gripe, who will convince the northern youths that it's time for northern youths to take over their destiny from the old cabals of the 1960, give him protection dress him up ,encourage him to face the cabal with collections of northern graduates mostly youths in his entourage, my dear you will see massive wave on the arise of the northern youths for change of the status quo

379 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by Nobody: 3:03am On Jul 03, 2022
Godspeed and good luck.... I think Obi would rather take his chance..

130 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by legendarystar: 3:19am On Jul 03, 2022
grin
Lol

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by ceede2: 3:21am On Jul 03, 2022
Whoever think kwankwaso will step down got it wrong.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by Abdu81: 3:36am On Jul 03, 2022
ceede2:
Whoever think kwankwaso will step down got it wrong.
these shows alot about the said Kwankwaso,he is insisting that power remains in the north after buhari's 8 good years. What an audacious greeed.

555 Likes 47 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by ceede2: 3:41am On Jul 03, 2022
Abdu81:
these shows alot about the said Kwankwaso,he is insisting that power remains in the north after buhari's 8 good years. What an audacious greeed.
Yes, but it wouldn't easy for him too, but self acclaim egoism will not let him step down for PO.

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by nairavsdollars(f): 4:13am On Jul 03, 2022
Greedy Kwankwaso

185 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by dejavubobo1(m): 4:25am On Jul 03, 2022
This country get other countries inside am. & that's a problem

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by ZIAZI(m): 4:35am On Jul 03, 2022
Did someone just make reference to Kwankwaso as greedy? Like how?

You want him to step down for someone else but you do not want that someone else to step down for him?

Politics is basically about interest and trust me, one would put his interest first before another person's.

Selah!

134 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by dominique(f): 4:36am On Jul 03, 2022
They were both governors around the same time. What makes him think he's politically superior to Peter Obi that he cannot become his vice?

309 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by Golan007: 4:52am On Jul 03, 2022
According to him, the South East are good in business and are well talented but they should learn politics, “in politics they are at the bottom line.”

667 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by Justdogood(m): 4:53am On Jul 03, 2022
I will advice Mr Peter to overlook this guy.
It's seems its his grand plan to use him Mr Peter to get to stardom.
We want a better tomorrow and someone is here fighting for supremacy.
Nigerians are tired of bad government and suffering.

Even the urchins campaigning for Apc are tired. It's just that they have sold their souls with the agreement of being an online attack dog.
But deep down they know this their man has nothing to offer.

Let's join hands and make this nation work abeg.
Let's secure the future of our children,
And unborn grand children please

80 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by Lastmessenger2: 4:59am On Jul 03, 2022
Golan007:
yea he said so and I wonder why he is the only one begging them to join him. In all these labor party and peter obi has been largely mute. Only him and his party are talking and they keep talking. He should find a candidate from the south west or south south and make a running mate.

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by mycar: 5:10am On Jul 03, 2022
Alright, Kwankwaso is not serious, I hope He doesn't step down for Atiku himself. I don't trust him.

189 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by shaibu123: 5:11am On Jul 03, 2022
Peter obi is Nigeria youth project not Southeast.
Kwankwaso should please stop playing mind politics.
Kwankwaso can easily join Obi as his running mate and leave the party structure to Anazodo the original owner, since they can't merger now due to the timing.
Both parties can as well agree that wherever NNPP or labour is popular one of the candidates should step down for the other.
Their merger can be done after election.

123 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by NaijaRoyalty(m): 5:11am On Jul 03, 2022
Golan007:
Bottom line because buhari shut out the south east because the region didn't vote for him in 2019

The Yoruba people used to cry marginalisation during the PDP government while the Igbos held on to all the very important positions in government under PDP back then...

Buhari government will go with it's hate and Igbos will bounce back again politically

64 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by Jack005(m): 5:20am On Jul 03, 2022
Peter Obi must start searching for someone else as soon as possible. So Kwankwaso wants power to remain in the north despite Buhari's 8years? His pride and ego will be his undoing . Obi was a governor thesame time with you, Obi is more wealthier and popular across the country, so where is kwankwaso's ego coming from?

194 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by aariwa(m): 5:28am On Jul 03, 2022
If Obi is not interested, then Kwakwanso should leave him alone and find another person No be by force. He told BBC Hausa that friends and family are pressuring him to talk to Obi and that he is in talks but Obi had not said anything so he should look for another candidate

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by aariwa(m): 5:29am On Jul 03, 2022
Peter Obi from his body language definitely doesn’t want a brash character like him as vice, the way Atiku avoided wike.Obi will pick an unknown person as VP

97 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by OldNairalander(m): 5:30am On Jul 03, 2022
Who else observed that Labour party have been mute over this while NNPP keeps talking about it
From my little knowledge of psychology. I know who's actually begging who.

PO should seek for any unknown youth in the North for VP.
The tsunami doesn't need any merger

235 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by kingPhidel(m): 5:38am On Jul 03, 2022
Selfish statement. If you are to OBIdients running mate will you die ? Northerns sees everyone as second class citizens otherwise we’ll all support south east to bring a candidate. undecided

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by APCnaPDP: 5:42am On Jul 03, 2022
That’s the right thing to do. Kwankwaso has more voting strength than Obi, hence, it is only reasonable that Obi becomes the vice and from there, he can succeed Kwankwaso after 4 or 8 years. It is the shortest cut along with PDP for an Ibo man to become president of Nigeria.

Our brothers in the SE will not believe this but Obi can never win this election. I am happy to put a bet on it closer to the election.

35 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by Masturbator2020: 5:43am On Jul 03, 2022
foryourmindok:
Oga run for elections on your own.

Win the North and share it with Atiku. Peter Obi will manage to win 25% in very few core northern states. He will win middle belt, South South, South East. Win at least 30% in Southwest states. Cruise to victory.
This is my calculation too.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by SageOfChelsea: 5:49am On Jul 03, 2022
I never liked that Kwakwanso face ever. That said, Obi should consider Emir Sanusi, that's a man with credibility or better still move to a strong candidate from North Central. Let NNPC, PDP and APC share north West 8 million votes. Kwakwanso was only considered because of that hooge vote not because he is competent or a technocrat.

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by Googledotcom: 5:50am On Jul 03, 2022
The way it stands, I don't even care if Peter Obi has a vice or not, I'll vote him.

189 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by Golan007: 6:06am On Jul 03, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

Bottom line because buhari shut out the south east because the region didn't vote for him in 2019

The Yoruba people used to cry marginalisation during the PDP government while the Igbos held on to all the very important positions in government under PDP back then...

Buhari government will go with it's hate and Igbos will bounce back again politically

Yeah, igbos showed Buhari love but he didn't reciprocate.

528 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Kwankwaso Insists On Being Presidential Candidate Of NNPP/LP Merger by Kingmakerde3rd: 6:22am On Jul 03, 2022
Michael Jackson's the girl is mine song on my mind now

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Adesina: Why Buhari Didn’t Deal With Fayose, Wike / Fayose Drives Caterpillar To Flag Off Road Construction (Photos) / Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.