Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,845 members, 7,802,697 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus (24774 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: Muhammad Ali Was My Hero, The Day I Cried For Him / 10 Richest Pastors In The World And Their Cars / Former Herbalist Is Confronted, Renounces Fetish Practices, Surrenders To Jesus. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus by orlaglobal234: 2:12pm On Jul 03, 2022
May God bless your soul and continue guiding you. AMEN
Re: What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus by Omonigeriarere: 2:23pm On Jul 03, 2022
akmath:
One thousand naira note been dey that year? if no then the conductor is a mumu man.
And if the conductor is not a mumu man then you be Sakamaje

Where did he tell you that he received 1000 naira note from the said conductor if I may ask?

Stop acting like a fool just in an attempt to demeaning someone's belief or narration.
Re: What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus by Righthussle: 2:26pm On Jul 03, 2022
lendahand:
pray for wisdom and understanding, you lack both.

U be irredeemably Brainwashed African he-goat
Re: What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus by emmabest2000(m): 2:33pm On Jul 03, 2022
membranus:

The robber at the right hand of Jesus Christ on the cross did not return 'shishi' of all the moneys he stole, and he entered into Paradise with Him.

If it so, a single murderer will not enter the Kingdom of God, because it means that must resurrect all the people killed by them before they make it. Yet many of them are in heaven.

Restitution is necessary, if led by the Spirit of GOD. But if not, let the matter rest with God. For in truth, no man can restitute all the evils he has done.

yinkbell:

You have not come to know Christ who has paid for forgiveness of Sins. Before the OP came into this world Jesus has already paid for all his including you. Before your mother gave birth to you, Jesus Christ has paid for ALL your sins.
What I mean by All include the sin of Adam, parental sins, your personal sin and future sin.
As regards restitution you mention up there, the OP can't even remember all the people he has hurt or stole from them. You may as well tell him to seek for all his primary/secondary Schools colleuge he stole from. It doesn't work that way.
Read Ephesians 4: 28 :- let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his own hand the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

Make una Keep deceiving unaself grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus by Lotechi(m): 2:38pm On Jul 03, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus

It seemed just like any other day. I was in a joint-fellowship meeting on campus and also part of the choir.

Although I wasn't yet saved at the time, i didn't feel out of place there because i had already gotten used to being active in that capacity in church, leading praise and worship and also choir ministration despite yet being a sinner. But the words i heard from the preacher on that day was so compelling, it made me finally make that defining decision to say yes to Christ.

This was after I had come out for several alter calls prior to that without truly repenting. However on this particular occasion i didn't even go out for the alter call, so no one else in the meeting may have noticed what had just taken place. But on that day heaven bore witness and was rejoicing because a change had truly taken place in me, and a soul which was previously lost and bound for hell, had become saved and won into the Kingdom of heaven.

One remarkable difference I noticed in my life after I made the decision for Jesus was with respect to my strong inclination to steal.

Now I was such a chronic thief. I used to steal for country. It got to the extent that I would break into people's houses and cars to steal, some of them were even my neighbors and (family) friends who welcomed me into their family homes and treated me kindly but I still stole or tried to steal from them. It was that bad.

I have a feeling that the strong drive to steal then was driven by my materialistic and covetous tendencies. That's the reason why I am very careful with teachings which encourage such in the church, because I know how far such can push someone into doing the wrong things.

No wonder why Jesus strongly discouraged and sternly warned against such things:

Luke 12:15 (KJV)

And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

Although mine, thankfully, didn't get to the extent of wanting to injure or kill someone physically in other to get what they had, as it often does, as illustrated by the instance of Judas the disciple of Jesus who betrayed Him because of money to show how far it could push someone.

Mine was still bad though regardless, but what shocked me was that on that day, in that very moment I made that decision, that inclination in me instantly dried up. That is to say, i suddenly stopped stealing and turned to the opposite of what I used to be in that regards from that day onwards.

This became evident just days later when my best friend in school had finished the assignment and given me to copy from him, as we usually did beforehand to help each other in class, but to his greatest surprise, I told him "no, thanks", that I was going to do it myself.

That was how he came to realize that I was no longer the man he once knew.

It was indeed a brand new me.

God bless.
Whatever happened to you, you achieved it by yourself. Congratulations!
Re: What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus by showbiz4all27(m): 2:39pm On Jul 03, 2022
Can you tell us about your restitution process after you're born again?
Re: What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus by OtemAtum: 2:44pm On Jul 03, 2022
GreatVocalist:

Christianity is not a name, it's a lifestyle. Ruminate on this.
It is a religion.
Re: What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus by Andercruz: 2:52pm On Jul 03, 2022
Be very strong and know he's your God. He will be with you even to the end of world. I still hear that all power belongs to God.
He that promised is faithful to keep his promise even to the end.
jesusjnr2020:
Another occasion where that change which took place in me was showcased was in a bus, after i had given the conductor 2 hundred naira to give me change, but the conductor gave me over 5 hundred naira as change.

This was sometime in the year 2000, and what he did to me used to be a dream and strong desire of mine. It was a temptation that I didn't even wait to come to me, but that which I would manufacture myself in a bid to cheat the conductor and extort more money from him.

But after this one gave me the money and I looked at it, instead of celebrating and rejoicing that a conductor had formed "mugu' for me and start singing "maga don pay", I returned the money to him and told him he had given me more money than I even gave to him.

The conductor himself was shocked and admitted that if it were him, he wouldn't have done what I did.

This is to illustrate the drastic change of attitude, that turned me from a chronic thief into someone that some people even began to trust with their own money more than themselves.

I once told someone about how someone else i didn't have ties with, but who knew who I was, came and was giving money to keep for him because he didn't trust himself as much to keep it safe. While i was still talking to him, he said he had also thought about doing the same thing.

On yet another occasion, i was staying in a house with individuals who came from the same place and part of the country, about four of them. They didn't even like me that much because I walked differently from them to add to the fact that I wasn't their "brother".

A times they'd even be mocking and laughing at me in my presence using their language, because they thought I won't understand it. however when it came to the matter of money, they don't joke with me as i was the one they trusted with it because they felt it was safer with me than with their own brothers.

It was that glaring, it amazes me up to this very day when I see such things happen, because I can still vividly remember who I used to be before I made the decision for Jesus.

These are some of the things that made me believe that a change really occurred in me on that day, and God is able to change and transform the life of anyone regardless of who the person is.

All they need to do is to truly repent and turn back to Him, and God would take it from there.

God bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus by VHILL: 2:53pm On Jul 03, 2022
Righthussle:
You're fooling yourself if you say goodbye to the world while you still have what belongs to the world in your bank account.

And you that is shouting "the end is near" and you're still paying your children's school fees, and saving to pay your rent or buy a land, your mumu na follow come.

Are you OK

1 Like

Re: What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus by wiseoneking: 2:55pm On Jul 03, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Another occasion where that change which took place in me was showcased was in a bus, after i had given the conductor 2 hundred naira to give me change, but the conductor gave me over 5 hundred naira as change.

This was sometime in the year 2000, and what he did to me used to be a dream and strong desire of mine. It was a temptation that I didn't even wait to come to me, but that which I would manufacture myself in a bid to cheat the conductor and extort more money from him.

But after this one gave me the money and I looked at it, instead of celebrating and rejoicing that a conductor had formed "mugu' for me and start singing "maga don pay", I returned the money to him and told him he had given me more money than I even gave to him.

The conductor himself was shocked and admitted that if it were him, he wouldn't have done what I did.

This is to illustrate the drastic change of attitude, that turned me from a chronic thief into someone that some people even began to trust with their own money more than themselves.

I once told someone about how someone else i didn't have ties with, but who knew who I was, came and was giving money to keep for him because he didn't trust himself as much to keep it safe. While i was still talking to him, he said he had also thought about doing the same thing.

On yet another occasion, i was staying in a house with individuals who came from the same place and part of the country, about four of them. They didn't even like me that much because I walked differently from them to add to the fact that I wasn't their "brother".

A times they'd even be mocking and laughing at me in my presence using their language, because they thought I won't understand it. however when it came to the matter of money, they don't joke with me as i was the one they trusted with it because they felt it was safer with me than with their own brothers.

It was that glaring, it amazes me up to this very day when I see such things happen, because I can still vividly remember who I used to be before I made the decision for Jesus.

These are some of the things that made me believe that a change really occurred in me on that day, and God is able to change and transform the life of anyone regardless of who the person is.

All they need to do is to truly repent and turn back to Him, and God would take it from there.

God bless.
Welcome to the household bof Faith. There will be a lot of challenges and trials but do not relent but continue even if you ever fall. Congrats

1 Like

Re: What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus by Righthussle: 3:05pm On Jul 03, 2022
VHILL:

Are you OK

This question is supposed to be for people who are expecting the second coming of a man who died some thousands of years ago
Re: What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus by Righthussle: 3:07pm On Jul 03, 2022
GreatVocalist:

It's not a religion. It's a lifestyle that the natural man cannot live.

If Christianity is not a religion then it is a name of a football club

1 Like

Re: What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus by OtemAtum: 3:36pm On Jul 03, 2022
GreatVocalist:

It's not a religion. It's a lifestyle that the natural man cannot live.
What is your religion?
Re: What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus by OtemAtum: 3:37pm On Jul 03, 2022
Righthussle:

If Christianity is not a religion then it is a name of a football club
grin
Christianity Football Club grin
Re: What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus by McStoic(m): 3:43pm On Jul 03, 2022
jesusjnr2020:

It seemed just like any other day. I was in a joint-fellowship meeting on campus and also part of the choir.

Although I wasn't yet saved at the time, i didn't feel out of place there because i had already gotten used to being active in that capacity in church, leading praise and worship and also choir ministration despite yet being a sinner. But the words i heard from the preacher on that day was so compelling, it made me finally make that defining decision to say yes to Christ.

This was after I had come out for several alter calls prior to that without truly repenting. However on this particular occasion i didn't even go out for the alter call, so no one else in the meeting may have noticed what had just taken place. But on that day heaven bore witness and was rejoicing because a change had truly taken place in me, and a soul which was previously lost and bound for hell, had become saved and won into the Kingdom of heaven.

One remarkable difference I noticed in my life after I made the decision for Jesus was with respect to my strong inclination to steal.

Now I was such a chronic thief. I used to steal for country. It got to the extent that I would break into people's houses and cars to steal, some of them were even my neighbors and (family) friends who welcomed me into their family homes and treated me kindly but I still stole or tried to steal from them. It was that bad.

I have a feeling that the strong drive to steal then was driven by my materialistic and covetous tendencies. That's the reason why I am very careful with teachings which encourage such in the church, because I know how far such can push someone into doing the wrong things.

No wonder why Jesus strongly discouraged and sternly warned against such things:

And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

Although mine, thankfully, didn't get to the extent of wanting to injure or kill someone physically in other to get what they had, as it often does, as illustrated by the instance of Judas the disciple of Jesus who betrayed Him because of money to show how far it could push someone.

Mine was still bad though regardless, but what shocked me was that on that day, in that very moment I made that decision, that inclination in me instantly dried up. That is to say, i suddenly stopped stealing and turned to the opposite of what I used to be in that regards from that day onwards.

This became evident just days later when my best friend in school had finished the assignment and given me to copy from him, as we usually did beforehand to help each other in class, but to his greatest surprise, I told him "no, thanks", that I was going to do it myself.

God bless.

Hallelujah!!

1 Like

Re: What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus by chikason22(m): 3:57pm On Jul 03, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Of course.

Luke 11:20
But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.

Luke 17:20-21 (KJV)

And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
Jesus Christ was the King of God's glorious Kingdom and He was within them. Hence the statement.
Re: What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus by finalboss(m): 4:28pm On Jul 03, 2022
grin grin
Re: What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus by Wpp1: 4:39pm On Jul 03, 2022
Ok
Re: What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus by beylinko02: 5:31pm On Jul 03, 2022
Scamupdates:
it been all most 2 years now have been to church now. and god still day bless me smiley

Because he's love knows no bound.

Either you go to church or not HE still love you and he's. Hoping that you will turn to him one day.
Re: What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus by KLand(m): 5:43pm On Jul 03, 2022
Congratulations. Leaving for God is the best kind of life.

May you keep your resolve till the end.
Re: What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus by GoodIsGod: 5:45pm On Jul 03, 2022
jesusjnr2020:

God bless.

Thank God for you.

1 Like

Re: What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus by andray12(m): 6:11pm On Jul 03, 2022
Big talk
Righthussle:
You're fooling yourself if you say goodbye to the world while you still have what belongs to the world in your bank account.

And you that is shouting "the end is near" and you're still paying your children's school fees, and saving to pay your rent or buy a land, your mumu na follow come. Na yourself you dey deceive.
Re: What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus by delkuf(m): 6:18pm On Jul 03, 2022
AntiChristian:
So which universe you they now?
The universe of heaven
Re: What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus by delkuf(m): 6:19pm On Jul 03, 2022
AntiChristian:

You're no more in this world but in the kingdom of God. Has the kingdom of God come?
It would come. E go surprise you
Re: What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 03, 2022
beylinko02:

Because he's love knows no bound.

Either you go to church or not HE still love you and he's. Hoping that you will turn to him one day.
stop going to church when they said. i stole 2k , i have no ideal how it got into my bag. the pastor sald the holy spirt said him i am the one who stole it. it was later that someone said he was the one who kept it there. imagin it took him two weeks to say it.
Re: What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus by ekevwe(m): 1:16am On Jul 04, 2022
jesusjnr2020:

God bless.
imagination na dey do u so. You Nigerians sha. Religion oyibo take finish una. I pray make una wise up ooo

Anyway, open church and make money like your supposed counterparts
Re: What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus by AntiChristian: 6:14am On Jul 04, 2022
delkuf:
It would come. E go surprise you

Why would I be surprised? I'm just surprised you support a liar!
Re: What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus by AntiChristian: 6:15am On Jul 04, 2022
delkuf:
The universe of heaven

Where is that in the solar system?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church / Igbo Names Of THE ALMIGHTY GOD / There Is Satanic Agenda To Eliminate Christians From Nigeria –paul Enenche

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.