Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,951 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

PDP Crisis: Atiku In Talks With Some Northern APC Govs –sources - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Crisis: Atiku In Talks With Some Northern APC Govs –sources (1170 Views)

PDP Crisis: Atiku, Wike Strike Deal / PDP Crisis: Atiku May Sacrifice Ayu To Assuage Aggrieved Wike’s Camp / PDP Crisis: Atiku Rejects Bid To Substitute Okowa For Wike As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Crisis: Atiku In Talks With Some Northern APC Govs –sources by dre11(m): 2:50pm On Jul 03, 2022
A Former Vice-President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, is confident that he would be elected as Nigeria’s next president in 2023. Atiku is the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), but some governors of the party are not happy with his decision to jettison the recommendation made to his as choice of running mate.

A select committee headed by Deputy National Chairman (North) Ambassador Umar Damagum, reportedly recommended Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, as Atiku’s running mate. But the former vice president chose Ifeanyi Okowa, the Delta State governor, instead. Benue State Governor, Dr. Samuel Ortom, who is one of the governors rooting for Wike as running mate, said he was not happy that Atiku ignored the recommendation made to him.

The governor, who said he was a member of the committee that recommended Wike, revealed that 14 out of the 17-member committee voted in favour of Rivers’ governor. “You cannot ignore decision of a committee you set up by yourself and expect people to be happy. For now, I have gone into hibernation. “I am in hibernation.

I am praying. When I finish the prayers and whatever God directs me, I will do. “We expect Atiku to do more but we are not seeing that,” he said. But an aide of the former vice president who asked not to be named, said Atiku is not under pressure. According to him: “We are focused on our candidate.

Every opponent is a threat but I assure you, Atiku will win the presidential election.” He however stated that the major problem the campaign would face will be in Lagos and Rivers States, where there are many South Easterners. “In core South East states, we are sure of 25 percent (votes), even if (Peter) Obi wins.

“There are many things I don’t want to talk about, but one thing is certain, we are talking with APC (All Progressives Congress) governors from the North. “We are not going to be on the offensive; we are not going to attack Obi. He was our running mate in 2019,” he said. The source expressed confidence that Wike would deliver Rivers votes to Atiku, adding, “he has a governorship candidate to deliver. So, he will work for Atiku. I’m sure before the election, the problems will be settled.”

He said he was not surprised at the outburst of former Ekiti State governor, Ayodele Fayose, because “he is working for Tinubu.” “But many people from the North don’t want him (Tinubu). The Northerners know him. So, it may be anybody but Tinubu,” he said. Ortom said on a national television programme that he was among the 17-member committee set up by Atiku “and 14 of us in the committee said the person should be Wike. “Unfortunately, Atiku picked Okowa.

That is his wisdom. The governor stated that Wike is a pillar in the PDP, and argued that, “Currently, nobody in the party has contributed more for the party to move forward than Wike .

“If Atiku was not going to honour the decision of the committee, he should have called Wike earlier and informed him. He didn’t do that. “You can’t do things anyhow and expect us to be happy. Atiku should go to him. Why won’t he ignore their calls. Is that not an insult?”

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/pdp-crisis-atiku-in-talks-with-some-northern-apc-govs-sources/

Lalasticlala
Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku In Talks With Some Northern APC Govs –sources by Africana1123(m): 2:50pm On Jul 03, 2022
Asiwaju bola Ahmed tinubu on your mandate we shall stand

Nobody care about atiku and obi China

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku In Talks With Some Northern APC Govs –sources by Fira09(m): 2:52pm On Jul 03, 2022
PDP is now confused like their rival party APC........PDP is coming 3rd in next election.. mark my words.

If you want a better Nigeria, PETER OBI IS THE ONLY OPTION.

ON PETER OBI MANDATE WE STAND GIDIBAN.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku In Talks With Some Northern APC Govs –sources by Totilopussylick(m): 2:53pm On Jul 03, 2022
The meeting is all about why did Atiku snubbed "Wike" the lion of the jungle.

To go for someone less "politically ambitious" Okowa tongue

To say Atiku accepted "wike" to be his vice president

There is still no guarantee.

Obi till 2027.

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku In Talks With Some Northern APC Govs –sources by Truthisunique2: 2:53pm On Jul 03, 2022
Atiku tsunami

He don dey start from kastina

The govs should be playing ball with tinubu, don't give him the impression you aren't with him Biko

North is one, undivided to it's sons

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku In Talks With Some Northern APC Govs –sources by Firefire(m): 2:55pm On Jul 03, 2022
yeye talk
Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku In Talks With Some Northern APC Govs –sources by VoteTinubu2023: 3:01pm On Jul 03, 2022
Northern APC Governors that have no name.

It's even a political miscalculation for any APC Governor to back Atiku.

Vote Tinubu 2023. Vote APC.
Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku In Talks With Some Northern APC Govs –sources by Vistra40: 3:02pm On Jul 03, 2022
Truthisunique2:
Atiku tsunami

He don dey start from kastina

The govs should be playing ball with tinubu, don't give him the impression you aren't with him Biko

North is one, undivided to it's sons

I know you would rather see another northerner become president than an easterner

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku In Talks With Some Northern APC Govs –sources by Truthisunique2: 3:02pm On Jul 03, 2022
Vistra40:

I know you would rather see another northerner become president than an easterner
I rather see obi as president than drug lord

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku In Talks With Some Northern APC Govs –sources by Truthisunique2: 3:03pm On Jul 03, 2022
VoteTinubu2023:
Northern APC Governors that have no name.

It's even a political miscalculation for any APC Governor to back Atiku.

Vote Tinubu 2023. Vote APC.
lol

In Adamawa you dare not support drug lord even as apc member

It's sucide to link yourself to fake muslim

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku In Talks With Some Northern APC Govs –sources by IgbuduMonkey: 3:04pm On Jul 03, 2022
Expected
Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku In Talks With Some Northern APC Govs –sources by ajekpaks(m): 3:06pm On Jul 03, 2022
Spider Man
Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku In Talks With Some Northern APC Govs –sources by garfield1: 3:06pm On Jul 03, 2022
Truthisunique2:
lol

In Adamawa you dare not support drug lord even as apc member

It's sucide to link yourself to fake muslim

Yesterday news that said six governors are against wike,you wailed but you have rushed in to commend this watery news.rubbish
Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku In Talks With Some Northern APC Govs –sources by Truthisunique2: 3:09pm On Jul 03, 2022
garfield1:

Yesterday news that said six governors are against wike,you wailed but you have rushed in to commend this watery news.rubbish
wike is PDP all through

Amaechi have confirmed rivers people are angry with apc

Wike doesn't want to inherit their anger too
Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku In Talks With Some Northern APC Govs –sources by ThePlugg(m): 3:09pm On Jul 03, 2022
From my calculations,Tinubu no get hope at all grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku In Talks With Some Northern APC Govs –sources by garfield1: 3:10pm On Jul 03, 2022
Truthisunique2:
wike is PDP all through

Amaechi have confirmed rivers people are angry with apc

And they are angry with your pdp
Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku In Talks With Some Northern APC Govs –sources by garfield1: 3:10pm On Jul 03, 2022
ThePlugg:
From my calculations,Tinubu no get hope at all grin

Aba made calculations
Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku In Talks With Some Northern APC Govs –sources by Truthisunique2: 3:11pm On Jul 03, 2022
garfield1:

And they are angry with your pdp
no,

PDP is at ease

Wike have taken his Vacation he would be alright

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku In Talks With Some Northern APC Govs –sources by apache22b: 3:18pm On Jul 03, 2022
Tinubu's "Manhood" is the man for the Job shocked
Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku In Talks With Some Northern APC Govs –sources by wallarwallar(m): 4:58pm On Jul 03, 2022
Confused party even the writer is more confused than the Party he wrote about if u read dat rubbish u will know u just wasted ur data and precious time. NO head No tail so it is APC gov dat will resolve PDP problem.. Unknown APC Gov
Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku In Talks With Some Northern APC Govs –sources by treesun: 5:01pm On Jul 03, 2022
dre11:

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/pdp-crisis-atiku-in-talks-with-some-northern-apc-govs-sources/

Lalasticlala

North will show greedy BAT, he is not wise as he claimed!

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku In Talks With Some Northern APC Govs –sources by Prince111111: 5:43pm On Jul 03, 2022
Africana1123:
Asiwaju bola Ahmed tinubu on your mandate we shall stand

Nobody care about atiku and obi China
the typical view of a defeated man grin
Re: PDP Crisis: Atiku In Talks With Some Northern APC Govs –sources by ijustdey: 8:55am On Jul 04, 2022
Cc lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Kwanwaso Reveals Northern Agenda / 2023: I’m Attracted To Shettima’s Qualities — President, Catholic Bishops’ Confe / why I Invited ‘tinubu Men’ To Commission Projects In Rivers – Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.