Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

PASTOR ROLE IN SOCIETY! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / PASTOR ROLE IN SOCIETY! (290 Views)

Pastor Eno: A Woman’s Role In Her Husband’s House Is To Increase His Wealth / God's Role In Choice Of A Life Partner And Marriage For Christians / Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

PASTOR ROLE IN SOCIETY! by ourleader(m): 4:24pm On Jul 03, 2022
DEAR PASTOR
"The lawyer is working,
The lecturer is working,
The journalist is working,
The Doctor is Working
The Pharmacist is Working
The Pilot is Working
But many think the PASTOR is playing and needs a real JOB.

You think everyone else in every other profession is really busy, but when it's a pastor, you say 'go and look for a job'.
Well done!

We applaud professions that don't offer real value to people but think less of those who do.

Footballers earn far more than doctors,
Comedians earn far more than teachers,
Most Pastors earn very little or nothing.
And you think that's fine?

How has Messi helped your life or given you a new hope for living?

How has Basketmouth saved your marriage or helped deliver you from addiction?

But pastors are involved daily, bearing the brunts of helping people live a better life and yet when we see them own few things we behave as though they don't deserve anything.

In case you don't know, being a pastor is one of the most demanding and sacrificial work I know on earth.

I am a pastor. I have been a Pastor for the past 26 years now.

Who else is supposed to answer such a question? Its always the pastor. Yet in the midst of that, we bring courage and restore hope.

But when it comes to a pastor having money, people will frown and wag their tongue against it. And yet the economy is not different for pastors o!

Everyone else cries but when a pastor does, he has no faith.

Everyone can bring their problems to pastor but no one asks if pastor has eaten, he should tell it to God.

Everyone else can be forgiven when they make a mistake, but pastors' mistakes are unforgivable. ('And he calls himself a pastor' is always the line)

Everyone can be rich but not pastors, else the society will begin to talk.

You will read headlines, "members are poor but pastor is rich" but you won't ever hear of or read when "members are rich and their pastor is poor".

You think it doesn't happen?

I have seen a church where many members have big cars but they all drive home without anyone offering to drop pastor and his family home first, not to talk of buying him a car.

Do you know that majority of pastors are actually struggling financially, taking multiple jobs and even menial ones to survive?

But they won't tell you, especially the ones who probably deserve it more.

See let me tell you, if you see a pastor doing different jobs while in ministry, let your heart be moved favourably toward them and treat them honourably especially your pastor.

They're sacrificing a lot.

Instead of you quoting scriptures to teach that pastors should work (as if pastoring is not hard work), it should be your desire to be able to care for them to the point where they won't have to do other jobs to survive.

Don't join the bandwagons of those who dislike pastors and do all they can to defame them

God Bless Every Pastor in the House.

Re: PASTOR ROLE IN SOCIETY! by Bilabong(m): 4:29pm On Jul 03, 2022
Na only mumu no sabi say pastor work na full time work.

You may not really understand this until you leave with one. My own case sef na evangelist. I no fit sleep may day break, every two seconds na mid night prayers.
Re: PASTOR ROLE IN SOCIETY! by ourleader(m): 4:41pm On Jul 03, 2022
Why do most people always suggest pastor's should get another job?[b][/b]

Bilabong:
Na only mumu no sabi say pastor work na full time work.

You may not really understand this until you leave with one. My own case sef na evangelist. I no fit sleep may day break, every two seconds na mid night prayers.

(1) (Reply)

OMISSION: Is Negligence A Sin That Leads To Hell?(picture) / So / Unconfirmed News Says Apostle Johnson Suleiman's Convoys Attacked This Evening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.