Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,263 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

Why Is Abia God's Own State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Abia God's Own State? (8916 Views)

Is Abia State Really Worse Than Ebonyi State Of South-east...argue With Facts / Abia -God's Own State (The hidden gem of the east) / Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Abia God's Own State? by ManofGod3(m): 7:39am On Jul 26, 2011
I have wondered why Abia is called God's own State when God's seat is far away from the state. No road network, no devidence of democracy and so on.

What do we do to help the state so that God's hand will return then we will be proud to say ABIA IS GOD'S OWN STATE.
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by Afam4eva(m): 7:42am On Jul 26, 2011
I thought God left Abia in 2010.They should change their moniker to "Commercial center". It sounds more befitting than "God's own state".
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by aljharem(m): 7:45am On Jul 26, 2011
afam4eva:

I thought God left Abia in 2010.They should change their moniker to "Commercial center". It sounds more befitting than "God's own state".

commericial center ko economic center ni grin grin grin grin

@OP

Man of God leave the name of the state the way it is. God will do his will on the state and Nigeria.
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by tpn: 8:05am On Jul 26, 2011
If you want to know ,go and find out a city in brazil called God city.It was a city filled with gangsters and drug addicts and peddlers.crime reigned supreme in the city .so for abia i was not suprised .its true to type.
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by Afam4eva(m): 8:08am On Jul 26, 2011
@tpn
Is that not the name of a movie?
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by AndreUweh(m): 8:10am On Jul 26, 2011
Abians believe in God hence God's own state.
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by Afam4eva(m): 8:23am On Jul 26, 2011
How can they believe in God and Theodore Orji at the same time.
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by tpn: 10:03am On Jul 26, 2011
@afam,
The movie was a true life story of a body that lived during that period in Gods city brazil.
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by henry101(m): 10:52am On Jul 26, 2011
Abia is found in the Bible (KJV, I think) hence God's own state.
http://www.bible-history.com/links.php?cat=43&sub=934&cat_name=Bible+Names+A-G&subcat_name=Abia
But Abia is an acronym of 4 big LGs before Ebonyi was created.
Aba.
Bende
Isuikwuato
Afikpo( But Afikpo has been moved to Ebonyi state.)
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by sirjec(m): 11:05am On Jul 26, 2011
It is always the case with whatever is named the name of God; devil will not want it to be actualised but we have to fight the demons and not to beg them beacause the kingdom of God suffereth violence,

Abia is indeed a God's own state and God will deliver his people with time
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by seanet02: 11:59am On Jul 26, 2011
It is because Abia is the Head Office of Kidnapping, human eating and fake drugs. Ibosians worship social vices
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by Bawss1(m): 2:58pm On Jul 26, 2011
I think that this is an inappropriate use of the name of the Creator.
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by kasiem(m): 3:04pm On Jul 26, 2011
seanet02:

It is because Abia is the Head Office of Kidnapping, human eating and fake drugs. Ibosians worship social vices
why is it that cannibalism is more pronounced in Yoruba land than igboland?
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by AndreUweh(m): 3:10pm On Jul 26, 2011
henry101:

Abia is found in the Bible (KJV, I think) hence God's own state.
http://www.bible-history.com/links.php?cat=43&sub=934&cat_name=Bible+Names+A-G&subcat_name=Abia
Aba.
Bende
Isuikwuato
Afikpo is now replaced by Arochukwu in the acronym.
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by ChinenyeN(m): 3:47pm On Jul 26, 2011
God had nothing to do with Abia, from the time of it's inception up to now.
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by victorazy(m): 4:08pm On Jul 26, 2011
Is because Abia was found in the Bible
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by omaojo1: 4:22pm On Jul 26, 2011
because it is found in the Holy Bible. Luke 1 vs 5.

'THERE was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth'.
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by DoubleN(m): 4:23pm On Jul 26, 2011
victorazy:

Is because Abia was found in the Bible
Same thing i heard as well but it is just so lame. America is called God's own country because the founding fathers where devoted Christians.
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by ironmask: 4:28pm On Jul 26, 2011
that state is so bleesed with resources n natural peace environment dat u cant just cant take away 4rm them
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by pek(m): 4:42pm On Jul 26, 2011
It was Ogbonna Onu that  first called Abia God's own state and his reason was because the name Abia appeared in the Bible. (cant remember the passage).
henry101:

Aba.
Bende
Isuikwuato
this is not true. My uncle was the secretary to the committee in the creation of Abia state. ABIA acronmy of  Aba, Bende, Isikwuato and Abiriba. Your argument that it is from the 4 big LG does not hold water because Isiala Ngwa is far bigger than Isikwuato and Bende is very small. The elders chose the four towns i mentioned because they represent the four zones of present day Abia state.
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by Kenezi: 4:56pm On Jul 26, 2011
Double N:

Same thing i heard as well but it is just so lame. America is called God's own country because the founding fathers where devoted Christians.

They weren't.
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by chimaike: 5:03pm On Jul 26, 2011
The word "abia" or a similar word is in the bible, hence the name Abia, since the name of the state is gotten from bible, they gave it God's own state.
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by chimaike: 5:08pm On Jul 26, 2011
though the name was not directly derived from the bible, the "ab" letters comes from the first two letters of aba, while the "ia" letters comes from the last two letters of umuahia. Aba and Umuahia are the two major cities of the state.
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by chimaike: 5:13pm On Jul 26, 2011
chima ike:

The word "abia" or a similar word is in the bible, hence the name Abia, since the name of the state is gotten from bible, they gave it God's own state.

Sorry, i should have said since the name of the state is in the bible, hence it was called God's own state.
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 26, 2011
Kenezi:

They weren't.

Quite true. George Washington hardly ever attended church.

Thomas Jefferson rejected much of Christianity more mythological aspects. He even went so far as editing the bible by removing all of the supernatural events/apparent contradictions from the New Testament (Jeffersonian Bible) to extract the more philosophical lessons of Jesus. Needless to say he was a staunch secularist.

Thomas Paine was pretty much an atheist in all but name.

John Adams and his sons were Unitarians a group of that most standard Nigerian Christian would express undisguised hatred for.

Benjamin Franklin considered himself a christian but he did not appear subscribe to most of the theological doctrines such as hell, the trinity, or original sin. He did subscribe to many puritanical beliefs in so far as they were about doing good works(thrift,charity,temperance etc. . .).

This is not to say that most of the people that took part in the Constitutional Convention of 1787 rejected most of Christianity. Most people were Methodist,Baptist, Catholics or some other standard denomination.
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 26, 2011
I Think the Slogan ''God's Own State" came about the era of the first Government, when things were much better!!

But the Emergence of the 'Orji's' haven't been helping that name and Abia at Large!!
angry angry angry lipsrsealed
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 26, 2011
Abia - God's own toilet
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by EzeUche(m): 7:03pm On Jul 26, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Abia - God's own toilet

angry angry angry
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by aljharem(m): 7:04pm On Jul 26, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Abia - God's own toilet
angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 26, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Abia - God's own toilet

Only ya Siggy says much bout ur Stupidity!! angry angry angry
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by seanet02: 7:16pm On Jul 26, 2011
Abia Is Noted Human Eating
Re: Why Is Abia God's Own State? by Rhino5dm: 7:53pm On Jul 26, 2011
Abia is God's criminals. Home of bandits & bigots.

(1) (2) (Reply)

External Reserves Hit 2017 High At $30.56bn / Uzor Kalu: I Have No Presidential Ambition For Now (Video) / Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.