Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,777 members, 7,806,149 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Atiku And PDP Governors Set To Visit Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku And PDP Governors Set To Visit Wike (696 Views)

G5 Governors Set To Endorse Peter Obi In London / South-South Governors Set To Float Regional Security outfit / Yahaya Bello: 10 PDP Governors Set To Decamp To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku And PDP Governors Set To Visit Wike by sosanova: 8:51pm On Jul 03, 2022
Channels Television
PODCASTS

Atiku, PDP Governors, Others To Visit Wike In Reconciliatory Move
Chimezie Enyiocha
Updated July 3, 2022

A file photo of Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike.

The Board of Trustees (BOT) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has set up a reconciliatory committee to meet with Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State over the fallout of the party’s presidential primary and crisis trailing the nomination of a running mate.

The committee is to be headed by the party’s presidential candidate and former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, and has 13 PDP governors as members.

Chairman of the party’s BOT, Senator Walid Jibril, made the announcement in a statement on Sunday, saying the visit to Governor Wike would take place immediately after Atiku and the PDP National Chairman, Iyorchia Ayu, return to the country from their vacation abroad.

“I have noted with a great concern and great sense of feeling on the various recent comments coming from some of our PDP members and some prominent Nigerians on the choice of Chief Okowa, the Governor of Delta State as the vice-presidential candidate by Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of our Party PDP – the biggest party not only in Nigeria but the whole of Africa,” he said.

“All the comments and various submissions are very normal in any political setup in Nigeria today with PDP being the strongest and most prominent party that has all potential to form government in 2023.”

Channels Television
PODCASTS

Atiku, PDP Governors, Others To Visit Wike In Reconciliatory Move
Chimezie Enyiocha
Updated July 3, 2022

A file photo of Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike.

The Board of Trustees (BOT) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has set up a reconciliatory committee to meet with Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State over the fallout of the party’s presidential primary and crisis trailing the nomination of a running mate.

The committee is to be headed by the party’s presidential candidate and former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, and has 13 PDP governors as members.

Chairman of the party’s BOT, Senator Walid Jibril, made the announcement in a statement on Sunday, saying the visit to Governor Wike would take place immediately after Atiku and the PDP National Chairman, Iyorchia Ayu, return to the country from their vacation abroad.

“I have noted with a great concern and great sense of feeling on the various recent comments coming from some of our PDP members and some prominent Nigerians on the choice of Chief Okowa, the Governor of Delta State as the vice-presidential candidate by Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of our Party PDP – the biggest party not only in Nigeria but the whole of Africa,” he said.

“All the comments and various submissions are very normal in any political setup in Nigeria today with PDP being the strongest and most prominent party that has all potential to form government in 2023.”

READ ALSO: Atiku Should Have Reached Out To Wike Before Choosing VP – Ortom

According to the BOT chairman, the reconciliatory committee will also comprise the party’s vice-presidential candidate, Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State, as well as Ayu and members of the PDP National Working Committee.

Others include former PDP governors and ministers, as well as party elders from various zones and states in the country.

Senator Jibrin described Governor Wike as a very responsible and obedient PDP member who assisted tremendously in building the party to its present status.

Ahead of the reconciliatory meeting with the governor, he appealed to party members in Rivers not to leave the party and shun comments aimed at reducing and running down the party.

“We must come back to our senses by all our members and all most responsible and respectful Nigerians by giving total support to the party to enable it to form government by holding all political positions in Nigeria in 2023,” the BOT chairman said.

“We must come together and unite ourselves as earlier established by our founding fathers. We should, therefore, shun any bad comment aimed at dividing us. We must be ready to forgive ourselves, thereby encouraging Nigerians to continue supporting us and our party.

“It is my strong appeal to all current and former governors and former Presidents of Nigeria not to add more fuel to the fire but to always try to quench the fire from spreading. May I say it loud that we commend all our current PDP governors for their greatest assistance to the party always.”

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/07/03/atiku-pdp-governors-others-to-visit-wike-in-reconciliatory-move/?fbclid=IwAR1josJ9wExEwQ3ncluexTpfIVZ--CzNYUWJrK9JJC5sBqpAPNI9ha4vShI

Re: Atiku And PDP Governors Set To Visit Wike by Xscape1993(m): 8:52pm On Jul 03, 2022
It is a family affair. Any good move that will chase away the evil party from the corridor of power is always welcome....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku And PDP Governors Set To Visit Wike by JBriel: 8:53pm On Jul 03, 2022
Power no be powder. For this life, just get mouth
Re: Atiku And PDP Governors Set To Visit Wike by sosanova: 8:53pm On Jul 03, 2022
Nice development
Thief-nubu zombies should come again and masturbate and cry over this thread, since their propaganda of Wike going to France to meet Thief-nubu has been busted

1 Share

Re: Atiku And PDP Governors Set To Visit Wike by Nwodosis(m): 8:54pm On Jul 03, 2022
If you were in Wike's sandals, will you accept Atiku and work for him and Okowa?

2 Likes

Re: Atiku And PDP Governors Set To Visit Wike by yinkus6750(m): 8:55pm On Jul 03, 2022
On your marks, get set ?
And they think Woke is a toy to be toyed with?
Papa Deceive Pikin Party.
Re: Atiku And PDP Governors Set To Visit Wike by Gentlerespect76: 8:57pm On Jul 03, 2022
People Deceitful Party ( PDP). Nyesom will be naïve to listen to these people. Were they asleep when they chose Okowa rather than Wike? So what has changed. You wrong someone intentionally only to turn back and start pleading for forgiveness. Are you kidding me?

Anyway, Obidience is better than foolish sacrifice.

1 Like

Re: Atiku And PDP Governors Set To Visit Wike by Dyke15(m): 8:58pm On Jul 03, 2022
My working place is close to an Hausa camp ND if u see d way dis guys dey jam dat Atiku song back to back, I cum tire self.
Lyk Dem even put am for auto replay.
Wat baffles me is dat Yerobas beat der chest dat Tinubu will get a block vote from his region while Atiku won't get from his own zone.
Many lessons will be learnt 2023
Re: Atiku And PDP Governors Set To Visit Wike by sosanova: 8:59pm On Jul 03, 2022
Gentlerespect76:
People Deceitful Party ( PDP). Nyesom will be naïve to listen to these people. Were they asleep when they chose Okowa rather than Wike? So what has changed. You wrong someone intentionally only to turn back and start pleading for forgiveness. Are you kidding me?
U go wail and lament till Kingdom
So Wike should support ur Agbado and cassava god Thief-nubu
Thief-nubu can't get up to 10% votes here in South South, the votes are between Atiku and Obi.. whether u like it or not

Re: Atiku And PDP Governors Set To Visit Wike by sosanova: 9:01pm On Jul 03, 2022
Dyke15:
My working place is close to an Hausa camp ND if u see d way dis guys dey jam dat Atiku song back to back, I cum tire self.
Lyk Dem even put am for auto replay.
Wat baffles me is dat Yerobas beat der chest dat Tinubu will get a block vote from his region while Atiku won't get from his own zone.
Many lessons will be learnt 2023
Don't mind those Thief-nubu zombies , they will start seeing the body language from the North by September when campaign officially opens, those defections they you are seeing in the North, are just appetizers to what is coming from September, if Thief-nubu like he should be pick an Emir from the North as Vice President, it is North first before any other infidel called Tinubu .
How do explain, APC and Buhari campaign offices being repainted to Atiku campaign offices in the North instead of Tinubu...North is not ya mate.
Northerners will first vote theit own Atiku before any infidel called Tinubu
September is just few months from now, they will all crawl into their holes.
Re: Atiku And PDP Governors Set To Visit Wike by Gentlerespect76: 9:04pm On Jul 03, 2022
sosanova:

U go wail and lament till Kingdom
So Wike should support ur Agbado and cassava god Thief-nubu
Thief-nubu can get up to 7% votes here in South South, the votes are between Atiku and Obi

What did you smoke bro? Anyway, I am Obidient, for your information.

1 Like

Re: Atiku And PDP Governors Set To Visit Wike by LeoDeKing: 9:05pm On Jul 03, 2022
Athifku should stop worrying himself, he is not going anywhere.

Re: Atiku And PDP Governors Set To Visit Wike by Bbsterling: 9:05pm On Jul 03, 2022
Ok
Re: Atiku And PDP Governors Set To Visit Wike by hisgrace090: 9:10pm On Jul 03, 2022
To hand him over the presidential ticket, VP ticket or what?
Re: Atiku And PDP Governors Set To Visit Wike by Kingozymandias(m): 9:14pm On Jul 03, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Athifku should stop worrying himself, he is not going anywhere.

If you were a graduate or gainfully employed I would have bothered to educate you on the folly of this nomsensiical comment but I would rather save my energy for the graduates whom would understand my points.

Bye

Atiku 2023
Re: Atiku And PDP Governors Set To Visit Wike by omowolewa: 9:26pm On Jul 03, 2022
Goodluck
Re: Atiku And PDP Governors Set To Visit Wike by kenedy175(m): 10:03pm On Jul 03, 2022
The way PDP and Atiku are struggling ehh. Like a drowning man
Re: Atiku And PDP Governors Set To Visit Wike by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 03, 2022
Rivers state oil money is at stake.

(1) (Reply)

No Difference Among Atiku, Tinubu, Obi – SAN / Busted: Video Of Tinubu Meeting Kwankwaso Was Taken In 2013 / Atiku, Tinubu will come 2nd and 3rd Respectively in 2023, mark it

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.