Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,813 members, 7,798,743 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Depression Is Real (the Ministry Of Men).... - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Depression Is Real (the Ministry Of Men).... (160 Views)

Event Alert: DJ Real ‘the Emir Bar’ Opening Ceremony / How To Fight Depression In Nigeria: What To Do When Depressed / Disregard To The Ministry Of Interior By The Commandant General Of Nscdc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Depression Is Real (the Ministry Of Men).... by Oluwatosinworld: 9:19pm On Jul 03, 2022
In the year 2018,I was so depressed for 3 consecutive months,and then suicidal thoughts start settling in my mind. My pillow was always filled with tears every night and my mind was blocked away from everything I should be proud and grateful for.That thought of ending it always crept in my mind and brain back then, couldn't think of anything else.
It's amazing how friends, folks and colleagues never observed because I kept on appearances, but God in his infinite mercies kept me.
Mr Okere George and madam Bintu Okougbo(both colleagues) got to know because they observed I'm always lost in thought. They both kept talking me out of it without other people's knowledge.
They would call me and send me uplifting messages when I am not at work back then.
Two books helped me out(The last outcast by Chris Okotie and Unmerited favour by Joseph Prince) as I read the books, my mind seived off the thoughts of committing suicide and I recounted why I shouldn't go ahead with it.
Hillsong music was very helpful and soul lifting, and is still my go to inspirational and worship songs when I needed to purge and purify my heart, and also cast down imaginations and thoughts, that must bow to the will of God.
(2 Corinthians 10:5)
I can never forget this two people God used for me back then, when madam Bintu had issues with her pension fund when she was sacked in Lti in 2019, because she lost her pension ID, I made sure I went to the company business center, to help her search for it on the computer and print it out and gave it to her,even though we have our differences and she has been bad to some people in the past and no one was willing to assist her, while Mr George is in Australia since 2019 and still checks up on me via test and on Facebook messenger sometimes.
My conclusion is that while Social media keeps growing every day, yet in the midst of this, people are so lonely and depressed. Have one or two people in your corner you can talk to about "anything and everything" that will not judge or gossip about you. Also be sober and vigilant. Be prayerful as well. Take a break from social media sometimes �#oluwatosinworld

(1) (Reply)

Watch - This Video Has Over 10m Views On Tiktok / Think Paxful Clone Script Is Best For New Business? We Have News For You / Safest Place To Trade Your Digital Assets Is Paybuymax

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.